4 replies to this topic

#1 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

Music of George Michael inspires national tour for Australian Idol favourite August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014 by  Vivien

Pop sensation George Michael has inspired millions with his songs, including one of Australia’s foremost vocalists and stage performers, Anthony Callea, who has launched a nation-wide tour featuring the music icon’s top hits.

Audiences in Perth, will be able to join Callea on a musical journey that spans 30 years since George Michael’s first solo single was released.

The show, The Songs of George Michael, sold out when it was first presented to a live audience earlier this year in Melbourne at The Palms at Crown.

Australia’s ARIA award winner, who first shot to fame a decade ago on the Idol stage and with his first single, The Prayer – which went platinum four times – has put together an impressive list of the pop star’s memorable classics.

Songs such as Outside, Father Figure, Jesus to a Child, Faith, Too Funky, and Careless Whisper will be presented live on stage to both devoted fans and a new generation of music lovers.

During a live interview on Channel Seven’s Sunrise this week, Callea said he was among the many who had been inspired by George Michael and his music, and he was excited to be able to tour the nation with a special show in honour of his career.

pin-up Anthony Callea, accompanied by his full band, will present The Songs of George Michael live at the Astor in Perth on September 19th.

http://www.minuteman...urite-6969.html

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#2 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Thanks very much Lea :)   I loved reading it. :)

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#3 I_HEART_ANTH

I_HEART_ANTH

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Interests:Anthony, music,

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for posting lea

#4 Heather