• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

http://qmf.org.au/pu.../public/?id=212

date Fri 19 July 7:30pm
Sat 20 July 7:30pm

How Deep Is Your Love
OVER TWO GRAND EVENINGS, AUSTRALIA’S FINEST SINGERS AND MUSICIANS WILL GATHER TO CELEBRATE AN EXTRAORDINARY SONGBOOK.

More than a tribute concert, How Deep Is Your Love is a soulful homage to the Gibb brothers, whose vision and versatility transcends the ordinary and whose talents contributed to a musical legacy unparalleled in the history of pop.

From humble beginnings in Queensland, singing between races from the back of a flat-bed truck at Redcliffe Speedway, the Bee Gees went on to pen an astonishing 970 songs, selling over 220 million albums.

Embracing everything from blue- eyed soul to country blues, R&B to disco, the Gibbs also wrote chart-topping albums for Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand and Kenny Rogers. They have been covered by artists as diverse as Elvis Presley, Elton John, Ozzy Osbourne, Nina Simone and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Hear Australia's finest singers perform their versions of To Love SomebodyStayin’ Alive, Words, Islands in the Stream and other Gibb Brothers classics spanning four decades, backed by the Deep Love Orchestra.

Truly a rare moment in Australian music history, How Deep is Your Love is an unforgettable one- off salute to one of the world’s most successful songwriting partnerships.

Featuring CHRISTINE ANU / TINA ARENA / ANTHONY CALLEA / KATIE NOONAN / DOUG PARKINSON / EMMA PASK / DARREN PERCIVAL / RICK PRICE / MELINDA SCHNEIDER / THE IDEA OF NORTH / RAI THISTLETHWAYTE (THIRSTY MERC) / DEEP LOVE ORCHESTRA /

MUSICAL DIRECTOR JOHN FOREMAN ARRANGED BY JOHN FOREMAN & CHONG LIM

How Deep Is Your Love is a concert fundraiser for QMF’s Transformations Fund - using the 'transformative' power of music for positive change.

Council_Centre.png

Presented by Queensland Music Festival, Brisbane City Council, Network Ten and The Courier-Mail & The Sunday Mail. Proudly supported by ERM Business Energy, Tourism & Events Queensland, Brisbane Marketing, 612 ABC Brisbane, Braithwaite Steiner Pretty and Theme & Variations.

date Fri 19 July 7:30pm
Sat 20 July 7:30pm

venue Brisbane Riverstage

Tickets $69 - $139 On sale Mon 13 May Ticketmaster

c6f6be83-9dc3-4842-942a-949dd427c696.jpg

#2 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Great cast of singers. Including our very won special singer.

#3 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Thanks very much Di :)  It sounds like a wonderful event. Its great to see Anthony & Tina together again.

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#4 I_HEART_ANTH

I_HEART_ANTH

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Interests:Anthony, music,

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

wow wish they could do this in melb am a tina arena fan would be so good to see her live

#5 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

:thankyou: Thanks Di for posting. The people that can go will have a great time. It is a great line up of stars.

86ca4605-0412-4edf-a30d-5fa4d25fea6e.jpg

#6 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for letting us know. It's great to see Anthony is on it. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#7 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

I want to go to this who is going??

#8 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm sorry Nonna I couldn't possibly go ( spent all my money on Anthony's concerts & Grease ) but it sounds fantastic & I'm so sure that you Nonna & everyone able to go will have an absolutely fabulous time & I can't wait to hear all about it. Its so lovely to see Anthony & Tina performing again I will be a real treat for everyone lucky enough to be going.

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#9 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Whoever able to go will have a good times with a great line up of performers. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

#10 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hope sone goes and does a little recording on their iphone for Youtube. I must know what he sings in this concert. Love the BeeGees songs and would love to hear Anthony singing one or two of them (or three).

H

#11 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hope sone goes and does a little recording on their iphone for Youtube. I must know what he sings in this concert. Love the BeeGees songs and would love to hear Anthony singing one or two of them (or three).

H

Thanks Heather. :) Yes I'm sure its going to be a fantastic event & hopefully some of our ACOFers will be able to go. I would LOVE to hear Anthony singing any of the BeeGees songs as well. :wub:  I know he will be amazing as he always is. :wub:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#12 princessma

princessma

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Having fun,my family ,the beach , music(favourite the wonderful Mr. CALLEA!) He has the best voice on earth ever.Maybe shoes if I am telling the truth(heels only) #limpingisfine

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ken and I are going. We love the Bee Gees music from when we were kids. We especially love the talent line up for this??? I Will try and post about it- or get Ken to, because if I do it may end up in Siberia#oops

#13 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well have a good time and enjoy the show. Looking forward to some photos and review. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

#14 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Ken and I are going. We love the Bee Gees music from when we were kids. We especially love the talent line up for this??? I Will try and post about it- or get Ken to, because if I do it may end up in Siberia#oops

Thanks very much for that Kerry & Ken. :hugs: I have also always loved the Bee Gees & I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Enjoy. :hugs:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#15 rshar0

rshar0

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I knew about the tour but only just heard about this one from the TV. I hope others know about it as it's a great line-up. I suggest those in Brissie let their friends and family know as tickets are still available.

#16 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hello Rochelle.....

Don't miss out on his Brissy concert went last night to Melbourne.... His best set yet...

#17 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm going!!!

Too far back to record, but I'll be sure to come back and review.

#18 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Kerry and the Debster for promising reviews. It would be fantastic to know what he sings and how he is recieved by the crowd. 

I believe the 'How Deep" concerts are nearly sold out now. Yay!

Heather

#19 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

He's in rehearsal now. He said Rick Price is just up doing his rehearsal. Getting exciting.

#20 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for letting us know. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: qmf.org.au