Kerri

Stranded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

diissee
Mar 8 2007

Anthony's The Prayer Wins "outstanding Achievement Award.", Australian Gospel Music Awards Announced TODAY 8 March 07

A lovely piece of news...

CONGRATULATIONS ANTHONY

The late Peter Dodds McCormack, the composer of the "Advance Australia Fair" was awarded the Yamaha Golden Gospel Award for services to the music industry in Canberra today. This one of 25 awards given in recognition of the unique Australian Christian music sector that has seen strong growth over recent years. Australian Christian music industry sales exceeded $30 million in 2006 continues to grow rapidly (6% of total music sales, rising from 5.2% in 2003).

PRWEB) March 8, 2007 -- The late Peter Dodds McCormack, the composer of the "Advance Australia Fair" was awarded the Yamaha Golden Gospel Award for services to the music industry in Canberra today. This one of several awards is given in recognition of the unique Australian Christian music sector that has seen strong growth over recent years.

Whilst well known as the composer of the Australian National Anthem, Peter Dodds McCormack (1835-1916) was also a prolific songwriter, arranger and presenter of the Presbyterian Church. In this role he was responsible for forming church choirs across Australia, often against the very conservative elders of the period. In fact his efforts resulted in a world record when he conducted some 10,000 children and 1,000 teachers at the Raikes Sunday school Centenary in 1880 in Sydney. He was highly considered by many as the father of church choirs in Australia.

This is the first time a posthumous award has been made at the Australian Gospel Music Awards. Previous Yamaha Golden Gospel Award winners have included Jimmy Little, Sister Janet Mead and Francine Bell.

And in recognition of having the fastest selling Australian singles and the highest selling single in Australia of all time with "The Prayer," Anthony Callea was awarded the "Outstanding Achievement Award." Anthony was previously awarded an ARIA for the highest sales for this song which continues to receive wide airplay and is an excellent blending of a quality emotive tenor with a classic faith composition.

Amongst other awards, the Best Gospel Song went to "The Yearning" by Geoffrey Robertson, with runner up being "The Greatest Story Ever Told" by Wendy Cochrane. Other highlights included Best Lyrics to world famous a Capella quartet The Idea Of North's Trish Delaney Brown for "Prayer For Peace," rising R&B artist Skylla (a member of girl group "Sheeq") with Best Music for her CD title track "Trials Of Your Faith", and Col Joye prot�g� and praise and worship songwriter, Jim Peters with the Judges Commendation Award for "I Have Decided."

The Best Gospel Song 2007 in the Youth category was awarded to 18-year-old Albury bred Daniel Brinsmead (NSW), who wrote the song "Look Up" dedicated to his grandmother and was present at the awards.

For the third year running, Hillsong Church won the Best Independent Recording Artist Award for its domination of sales and airplay over the year.

The Australian Gospel Music Awards are presented every year by the Australian Gospel Music Association. The awards, also affectionately known as the "Angels," cover industry performance (sales/airplay), songwritting, genre and lifetime achievement and are the highpoint of recognition within the Australian Christian music industry.

This post has been edited by diissee: Mar 8 2007, 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Click on the Image to see a larger view.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

Thanks Kerri for posting. ;)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#23 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

I can't seem to find Di's wonderful 'compilations' thread, so I'll pop this here...it's probably just an internet thing..but all these years later 'The Prayer' is still making it's presence felt and being included on these world 'BEST EVER' compilations. Amazing.

Posted Image

TITLE : The Best Christmas Album Ever
GENRE : Pop \ Country \ Christian Songs
QUALITY : 320kbps
TRACKS : 75
SIZE : 363 Mb

Track List

Whitney Houston - The First Noel.mp3
Wham - Last Christmas.mp3
The Pussycat Dolls - Santa Baby.mp3
The Glee Cast - Last Christmas.mp3
Tammy Wynette - Joy To The World.mp3
Susan Boyle - Silent Night.mp3
Susan Boyle - O Holy Night.mp3
Susan Boyle - Hallelujah.mp3
Steps - Merry Christmas Everybody.mp3
State Of The Heart - Last Christmas.mp3
Stacie Orrico - My Christmas Wish.mp3
Shayne Ward - Melt The Snow.mp3
Selena Gomez - Winter Wonderland.mp3
Sarah Connor - The Best Side Of Life.mp3
Sarah Connor - Christmas In My Heart.mp3
Sarah Brightman - Ave Maria.mp3
Sarah Brightman - Amazing Grace.mp3
S Club 7 - Perfect Christmas.mp3
Ronan Keating - Stay.mp3
Plus One - The Promise.mp3
Plus One - A Prayer For Every Year.mp3
No Angels - When The Angels Sing (X-Mas Mix).mp3
Mike Oldfield - In Dulce Jubilo.mp3
Mariah Carey - Oh Santa!.mp3
Mariah Carey - All I Want 4 Christmas Is You.mp3
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace (Acapella).mp3
Lady GaGa - Christmas Tree.mp3
Kristinia DeBarge - Do You Hear What I Hear.mp3
Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List.mp3
Kate Winslet - What If.mp3
Josh Groban Ft. Faith Hill - The First Noel.mp3
Jordan Pruitt - Celebrate Love.mp3
John & Yoko - Happy Xmas (War Is Over).mp3
Jim Reeves- O Come All Ye Faithful.mp3
Jessica Simpson - O Holy Night.mp3
Jessica Simpson - Kiss Me for Christmas.mp3
Heidi Klum - Wonderland.mp3
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas.mp3
Enya - Oiche Chiun (Silent Night).mp3
Enya - May It Be.mp3
East 17 - Stay Another Day.mp3
Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby.mp3
David Archuleta - Melodies Of Christmas.mp3
Danity Kane - Home For Christmas.mp3
Colbie Caillat - Misletoe.mp3
Clay Aiken - Mary Did You Know.mp3
Christina Aguilera - This Christmas.mp3
Charlotte Church - Santa Maria.mp3
Charlotte Church - Ave Maria.mp3
Charlotte Church - Dream a Dream.mp3
Charice - The Christmas Song.mp3
Ch!pz - Christmas Time Is Here.mp3
Celtic Woman -Amazing Grace.mp3
Celine Dion - These Are Special Times.mp3
Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear.mp3
Britney Spears - My Only Wish (This Year).mp3
Brian McKnight - Christmas Between You And Me.mp3
Bony M - Jingle Bells.mp3
Beyonce - Ave Maria.mp3
BeFour - Hand In Hand.mp3
Banaroo - Coming Home For Christmas.mp3
Backstreet Boys - Christmas Time.mp3
Ashley Tisdale - Last Christmas.mp3
Aqua - Spin Me A Christmas.mp3
Anthony Callea - The Prayer.mp3
Amy Grant - Better Than Hallelujah.mp3
Aly & AJ - Greatest Time Of The Year.mp3
Adam Faith - Lonely Pup (In A Christmas Shop).mp3
ABBA - Happy New Year.mp3
98 Degrees - This Gift (X-Mas Mix).mp3

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#24 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thank You so very much for that Lea :wub: Its really wonderful to know and Anthony is the only Australian included on that wonderful compilations album by some really great artists. :wub: The Prayer sung by Anthony will always be a most beautiful classic and IMO the most beautiful song by any artist ever. :wub: It has always been my favourite song since the very first time I heard OUR beautiful ANTHONY sing it on Idol and I listen to it every single day.

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#25 mycavpups

mycavpups

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:My true loves: my little boy Benjamin and Anthony Callea. I am also quite fond of Chanel, Review, Movenpick and the Brisbane Lions :)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Anthony is just so amazing and The Prayer - his signature song - should be on compilations for many, many years to come. What an honour to be the only Australian recognised. Would be interested to see, had Anthony released a Christmas album, how many more of songs sung by him would have been added - maybe O Holy Night, Don't Save It All for Christmas Day, Grown Up Christmas List - just to name a few.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

To our dearest Anth - you are our heartbeat. We love you to the moon and back xx

20130809_2310460-1_zps36ce0faa.jpg

blow-kiss.gifi-adore-you.gifblow-kiss.gif

0196041001299295582.gif

0257112001299313398.gif

#26 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

I can't seem to find Di's wonderful 'compilations' thread, so I'll pop this here...it's probably just an internet thing..but all these years later 'The Prayer' is still making it's presence felt and being included on these world 'BEST EVER' compilations. Amazing.

Thanks Lea for posting. Definitely fantastic to see Anthony's name appear and 'The Prayer' included on this compilation. :yes-2:

Lea, there are 2 threads where information such as this can be found, in the Career Highlights Thus Far Forum. We'll add this to both soon. Thank you :)

The Prayer ... From Idol Onwards

Compilation Albums
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 8701girl

8701girl

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Thanx lea for posting that :)

Its great that anthony's "the prayer" is being included in this. The prayer has always been a special song but evem more special now that anth put his own magical vocl touch to it

#28 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Lea, its great to see Anthony's The Prayer still being recognised as one the greats Worldwide, more than 6 years on.

c6f6be83-9dc3-4842-942a-949dd427c696.jpg

#29 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for letting us know. It's so good to know that Anthony is the only Australian to be included in this compilations. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#30 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Lea for adding it to here. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg