• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Posted by diissee

Aria Chartifacts - Weekly News Chart
Week Commencing: 17 October 2005

http://www.aria.com....chartifacts.htm

Singles

Still purring at the top are The Pussycat Dolls, staying comfortable at the pinnacle spot. Kanye West is the highest debut this week, in at #2, which in turn sends Jessica Simpson's boots walkin' to #3. Anthony Callea plants himself nicely at the #5 position while the rest of the top 10 clan are either sticking to their guns or jumbling around.

Per Sempre (for always)

Artist: Anthony Callea Position: No.5

The 21 year old from Melbourne was last year's runner-up for Australian Idol. But nonetheless he is a winner no doubt, having already achieved great success with all of his releases and each of them debuting in the top 10.

The enchanting debut single The Prayer debuted at the top of the charts in December last year and held strong for five consecutive weeks. This was followed by Rain/Bridge Over Troubled Water, it too debuted at the top spot and Hurt So Bad which peaked at #10 in July this year.

#162 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Posted by back at one

Anthony Callea Getting Personal
JB HI-FI
August Magazine Article

What album cant you live without?

At the moment it would have to be the new Mariah Carey album The Emancipation of Mimi and Marios latest album Turning Point.

What would be the opening line of your biography/autobiography?

Thats funny, because theres a book about me out there already but off the top of my head I dont know what the opening line is, youll just have to go out and buy it to find out!

What was the last CD/song you listened to?

R.Kellys greatest hits.

What do you sing in the shower?

My vocal exercises, I know that sounds boring but its the best time to do them.

What band/artist would you love to invite for dinner?

Christina Aguilera, Enrique, Marc Anthony, Tina Arena and John Farnham.

Whats in your pockets right now?

Um, let me just check-loose change! It always comes in handy for parking and chewie.

Last gig you went to?

I went and watched John Legend in Melbourne, he is a really impressive performer.

If you were an animal, what would you be?

I would be a turtle because they live for years and I'll be able to live in another world under the sea.

#163 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

Posted by the_voice

Kayne West Digs Into The Charts
AAP, Music Entertainment
17-10-2005

The Pussycat Doll's Don't Cha remains on top of the Australian singles chart.

It was followed by hip hop artist Kanye West with his track Gold Digger, the highest debut of the week, in second position.

Jessica Simpson's These Boots Are Made For Walking was at three, while You're Beautiful from the UK's James Blunt was at four.

This week's chart contained two former Australian Idol contestants, with Anthony Callea's ballad Per Sempre (For Always) debuting in fifth spot, and Shine from Shannon Noll down three to sixth position.

4ever from the Veronicas, who were nominated for Breakthrough Artist in the singles category at Sunday's ARIA awards, moved down two spots to seven.

On the albums chart Australian Pete Murray's See the Sun was in the number one spot for a third week.

Nickelback's All the Right Reasons was in second position.

Making a massive leap to third spot, the debut album from romance singer Patrizio Buanne, who has just wrapped up an Australian promotional visit, climbed 46 places.

This week's only new addition, Australian Alex Lloyd's self-titled album, debuted in seventh position.

Australian singles chart

1(1) Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls
2(-) Gold Digger - Kanye West
3(2) These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Jessica Simpson
4(4) You're Beautiful - James Blunt
5(-) Per Sempre (For Always) - Anthony Callea
6(3) Shine - Shannon Noll
7(5) 4ever - The Veronicas
8(6) Shake It Off - Mariah Carey
9(9) Pon De Replay - Rihanna
10(10) Photograph - Nickelback

Australian albums chart

1(1) See The Sun - Pete Murray
2(2) All The Right Reasons - Nickelback
3(49) The Italian - Patrizio Buanne
4(4) She Will Have Her Way - The Songs Of Tim & Neil Finn - Various
5(3) Back To Bedlam - James Blunt
6(6) Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
7(-) Alex Lloyd - Alex Lloyd
8(7) Monkey Business - Black Eyed Peas
9(9) It's Time - Michael Buble
10(5) You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand

AAP

#164 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Posted by callealovesme

Anthony To Duet With Italian Superstar Gigi D'Alessio On His Australian Tour!

www.anthonycallea.com.au

Here's a shout-out to all the Italians in the house! It's just been announced that Anthony Callea will join superstar Gigi D'Alessio on his Oz tour, performing a special duet with the singer as well as one of his own songs at D'Alessio's Adelaide, Melbourne & Gold Coast shows. Get more of Anthony's upcoming appearance dates here...

Italian superstar Gigi D'Alessio is heading for out shores next week, and it's just been announced our very own Italian/Australian superstar, Anthony Callea, will join D'Alessio on stage to perform a special duet as well as one of his own songs at his Adelaide, Melbourne & Gold Coast shows. Tix on sale now from the usual outlets - get in quick!

Saturday, October 15 - Her Majesty-s Theatre, Adelaide
Sunday, October 16 - Hamer Hall, Melbourne
Friday, October 21 - Seagulls, Gold Coast

Fans can also look forward to catching Anthony out promoting his new single 'Per Sempre' (out now) at the following places:

Saturday, October 15 - ANZ Family Day, Wyndham Village, Melbourne
From 9.30am. Free!

Friday, November 11 - Myer Magical Christmas Windows, Myer City Store, Melbourne
From 6.30pm. Free!

Sunday, November 13 - Foxtel 10th Birthday, Flemington Race Course, Melbourne
Visit www.foxtel.tv for more info on how to win tickets

Don't forget, Anthony will be performing at the 2005 ARIA Awards in Sydney next week and hopefully accepting his first-ever ARIA Award - hey, there are four to choose from if you include the Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year! If you can't make it in person, make sure you tune in to catch all the action on either Channel [V] or on Channel Ten from 7.30pm next Sunday, October 23.

#165 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

Posted by i LoV3 aNtHoNy

TV Week -'What's On'
October, 2005

http://img.photobuck...20Anth/Anth.jpg

caption: On more than a wing and a prayer: Anthony has come a long way since Australian Idol.

MUSIC Anthony Callea In Concert

6:30pm, FOX8. As the guy with the golden vocal chords, Anthony Callea is fast proving that there's no shame in coming second. If you missed out on tickets to his show, check out his live performance in Melbourne- and listen in as he dishes the dirt with Molly Meldrum about his first national tour.

'Since his success on Idol, Anthony Callea has become one of the most popular recording artists in Australia. Catch the singer in this concert recorded at the Palais Theatre in Melbourne, as he performs his hit tunes.'

#166 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Posted by diissee

HOT or NOT
Disney Advetures Magazine -Funday in the
Sunday Telegraph
9-10-2005

Topping the HOT is........

Anthony Callea's awesome new single Per Sempre is in stores TODAY....

#167 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

Posted by diissee

Bart Set to Party
Herald Sun
9-10-2005

Sunday Herald Sun readers have the chance to join Bart Simpson and 10,000 friends at Foxtel's 10th Birthday Bash at Flemington Racecourse on November 13.

The event will feature live performances by Rogue Traders, Anthony Callea and surprise acts.

There will also be rides, activities and competitions.

For tickets, find the Bartcode, which appears in the bottom left-hand corner of the Foxtel poster inside today's Sunday Herald Sun newspaper, and log on to www.foxtel.com.au

#168 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

Posted by Kezzad

Anthony Callea Launches 'Per Sempre' With Instores + TV Appearances
The Top 40-charts site
Pop / Rock
28-9-2005

SYDNEY, AU (SONY BMG Music Entertainment) -The fourth stellar single from Anthony Callea's double Platinum self-titled debut album hits stores on Sunday, October 9 and Anthony will be hitting TV for a couple of performances to launch the single, as well as heading to Melbourne and Sydney for some instore appearances. Check it out... Anthony Callea fans, get your videos ready for a taping frenzy!

'Per Sempre', the fourth single from Anthony's self-titled debut album, is released on Sunday, October 9 and Anthony will be doing a few TV performances and appearances you won't want to miss.

Tune in to catch Anthony on the following days:
Friday, October 14 - Sunrise, Channel Seven
Friday, October 14 - Mornings With Kerry-Anne, Channel Nine
Monday, October 17 - Good Morning Australia, Channel Ten
There's also a rumour you will see Anthony on Idol at some stage - stay tuned!
Anthony will also be doing two instore appearances - at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Melbourne and at Castle Towers Shopping Centre in Sydney - where he'll be performing 'Per Sempre' LIVE as well as signing copies of the single.
Sunday, October 9 - 1pm @ Highpoint Shopping Centre, Melbourne
Performing and signing the 'Per Sempre' CD/DVD single
Thursday, October 13 - 7pm @ Castle Towers, Castle Hill, Sydney
Performing and signing the 'Per Sempre' CD/DVD single

As previously mentioned, 'Per Sempre' is being released on TWO formats - standard CD single and a special DVD single.

While each format contains the album version of 'Per Sempre', the CD single will also include bonus live audio versions of the song and 'Don't Tell Me' (recorded at the Palais in Melbourne on Anthony's recent national tour) while the DVD single will feature the video clip for 'Per Sempre' plus the video of his live performance of the song at The Palais in Melbourne - footage lifted from his upcoming live DVD, set for release this October.

The new single 'Per Sempre' is out Sunday, October 9

#169 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Posted by i LoV3 aNtHoNy

TV Week -'Out & About section'
October, 2005

http://i6.photobucke...eA/79991f65.jpg

Caption: 'Former Idols (from left) Dan O'Connor, Anthony Callea and Shannol Noll compare the size of their egos at a Network Ten party in Melbourne.'

#170 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Posted by Steph 3:16

'Centre Stage'
Foxtel Magazine
By Jo Litson
October 2005