Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

Lea
post Jun 11 2008, 10:38 AM

not evaxtly sure where to post this - so 'Genera'l seems the best bet...

Special event for extra-special athletes

Crystelle Coulon
Wednesday 11 June, 2008 12:01am

SPECIAL Olympics Upper North Shore Sydney Region is hosting a gala fundraising dinner entitled Shine, on August 29, in the ballroom at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour.

Shine has been chosen as the theme to highlight the outstanding personal efforts and achievements of the Special Olympics athletes in their chosen sports.

The Gala Dinner aims to raise funds to help provide opportunities for people with an intellectual disability to participate in sport at all levels including competition.

It will be a wonderful evening with great entertainment from Australian celebrities, such as John Foreman, Iva Davies and Tim Campbell and dances from the popular Special Olympics Performance Dance Group.

Marcia Hines, Ricki-Lee and Damien Leith may also attend.

Special Olympics is a global organisation represented in 121 countries. It is dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through the provision of its sports programs.

All funds raised at the Gala will directly support programs for our athletes.

Details: Fran Eustace, frane@specialolympics.com.au or 8116 9839 or 0410 664 564.

http://www.northshor...021_sports.html

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

NONNA
post Jun 11 2008, 10:44 AM

Perhaps we should place all Tim related topics in General Discussions, In one thread

All discussions relating to Tim "DIMPLES" career expect for Wheel Of Fortune & Singing Bee to be discussed in this thread.

Cheers to you DIMPLES!!

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

Lea
post Jun 11 2008, 11:50 AM

O'Keefe, Campbell fight for game-show supremacy

June 11, 2008

THE fascination with small-screen game shows never wanes.

With the bright lights, the all-smiling host, glamorous sidekicks and colourful contestants, viewers appear to get a real buzz watching adrenalin-charged contestants either surging headfirst into bankruptcy or winning the jackpot in one fell swoop.

Former Home and Away star Tim Campbell has been sucked into the gameshow realm in a big way, and the all-dancing, all-singing, all-acting performer is enjoying every second.

Following a long list of Wheel Of Fortune hosts including John Burgess, Tony Barber and Rob Elliott, the 32-year-old is steering the ship for Nine's reinvention of the game show which first aired on the network in 1959.

While the program has tested its luck between Nine and Seven since it began, the new version oozes glitz and a discotheque-style theme.

"It's nerve-racking and exciting to be involved in a show that is such an institution," Campbell says. "I mean, this show has been around for decades. It's nice to be involved and put a new spin on the surface but keep the spine of the program underneath."

Now titled Million Dollar Wheel Of Fortune, Campbell says part of the overhaul included throwing out the tame giveaways of toasters and kettles and boosting the cash prizes.

He says it's easy for a contestant to walk away with more than $1 million in prizes or cash -- if they manage to stay on the show for a week.

While Campbell is aware of the pressure to do well and give timeslot rival Deal Or No Deal, hosted by Andrew O'Keefe, pictured left, a run for its money, he says the ratings are out of his hands.

"Of course I am aware of it, it's a competitive space," he says. "There is no doubt Andrew's show is great, I have the utmost respect for him."

O'Keefe, who also anchors Weekend Sunrise and has launched the second series of The Rich List, joked he had a tactic for getting rid of Campbell.

"Deal Or No Deal and The Rich List are filmed in Melbourne. My last frequent flyer statement tells me I can fly to Moscow in business class. I can get two tickets and am thinking of giving Tim Campbell the other one and getting the Moscow mafia to whack him," he laughs.

"Seriously, everyone knows Tim is a talented entertainer and for that reason you would always worry about competing against him. On the other hand, even Henry Ford couldn't reinvent the wheel. They are going to have a challenging time to assure audiences they are seeing something fresh."

With the return of The Rich List - an addictive quiz show that pairs up two sets of strangers who must work together to complete lists that can potentially win them limitless amounts of money - O'Keefe says he's enjoying the television mix.

"When The Rich List started it was up against Eddie McGuire's game show on Nine and one on Ten and, out of the three, everyone said The Rich List was going to fall," O'Keefe says.

"The others were short-lived, but The Rich List has returned. From time to time I will wake up knackered and think, 'Why is it that I have no desire to get out of bed?', and my wife will say, 'You are empty', and she has a point. But at the moment there is nowhere else I would rather be."

http://www.news.com....5003422,00.html

user posted image
Edited to add photo
Thanks Nonna...much easier to know where to post 'Tim' things now. smile.gif

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Lea
Sep 13 2008, 11:27 AM

Light The Night performers named

Aussie Theatre article
Friday, September 12, 9:40pm AEST.

Some of the performers who will appear at this year's Light The Night charity concert have been confirmed, with the concept starting to cover other forms of entertainment as well as just theatre.

The 2008 concert will star a diverse selection of talented artists, who give freely of their time to help raise money for a worthy cause.

Respected singer/songwriter Lior, country stunners the McClymonts, the inimitable Maria Venuti, Australian Idol Runner Up Jessica Mauboy, jazz star Emma Pask with Phil Stack from Thirsty Merc will all appear at the event, as will Virginia Gay from All Saints.

But theatre hasn't been left out, and still dominates the night, with performers including Lucinda Shaw, Tim Campbell Margi de Ferranti, Emma Powell, Francesca Arena and Erin Cornell all to appear.

More performers are to be announced in the coming weeks.

Light The Night is inspired by Matthew Rennie, a brave young man who fought a three year battle against leukaemia. Unfortunately Matthew passed away in late October last year, shortly before the 2007 concert. Light The Night was created by Matthew?s two brothers, musical theatre performers Shaun Rennie and Adam Rennie, and friends Monica Smith and Greg Smith.

"There will always be a need for raising awareness of leukaemia and raising money for research," Shaun said.

"Light The Night is a great way for all of us in the entertainment world to help this worthy cause. We can make a difference, and remember the fight of people like Matthew against this debilitating disease. I?m especially thrilled that Lior has agreed to sing his hit 'This Old Love' with a string quartet ? this was one of Matthew?s favourite songs and was played at his funeral."

Light The Night 2008 will be held in Sydney on November 10.

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

NONNA
post Sep 25 2008, 04:51 PM

Please post your Birthday wishes for TIM in this thread.

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Anthony
post Sep 27 2008, 11:49 AM

Happy Birthday Tim

Have a great day and be nice to Anth! laugh.gif laugh.gif

xo

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

timandanthlover29
post May 12 2009, 04:04 PM

(jojop72 @ May 12 2009, 02:14 PM) *

been missing tim
not seeing him
on tv

wish 9 will hurry up
and bring back on tv the singing bee
and give tim more thing to do

Yes Jo I definitely agree with you on that, I remember reading on his website that it's coming back in around June/July, I've been driving myself nuts without hardly anything good on TV right now. I can't wait for Singing Bee to come back. (On his website - www.timcampbell.com.au) By the way Tim's MCing the Million Paws Walk for the RSPCA this Sunday in Albert Park, I would go but my poor dog is currently sick with a bit of a cold, even if she was alright I have no way of getting there because I suppose they don't allow dogs on trains do they?

Sounds like a worthy cause! If anyone is going please let us let know! I think you have to register your dog or something to participate. The website for it is www.millionpawswalk.com for those thinking of going.

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

jojop72
post May 17 2009, 07:49 PM

wow what a long day but a great day too

nessi and l got into the city about 9ish
had something to eat got the tram in there
but we got on the wrong tram and was on the other side of the lake
so we started to walk around where it was being hold what a longgggggg
walk we got there with sore feet mind you
we heard tim talking and then we seen t=him
wow tim looking pretty good and very cute
loving his hair
he was on stage and he look over at us and smiled
so nessi and l just wait to his was finish
and he seen us and come over to us
had a chat and then he had to go back on stage
got a photo with him
l told him when anth tours his got to back him up
he just laughed
tim did a wonderful job 100% amazing
there was heaps of time we got to talk to him
and he was funny
1 time when the dogs were showing what they can do
this dog was like singing
and tim said it sounded like anth singing the prayer lol
nessi and l just laughed
one dog kinda bit him but not hard
so l had a great day but had sore legs
didnt get to see oscar
think when we got there anth lefted by that stage
but that ok
we got to talk to tim for a while
TIM YOU DID A GREAT JOB

photos comming soon

This post has been edited by jojop72: May 17 2009, 07:50 PM

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

Zia
post Sep 2 2009, 10:52 AM

Hi Gang,

We know that the month of September heralds the beginning of our Spring season smile.gif

BUT did you also know .........

September is the ninth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four Gregorian months with 30 days. In Latin, septem means "seven" and septimus means "seventh"; September was in fact the seventh month of the Roman calendar until 153 BC, when there was a calendar reform from the month of the Ides of March to the Kalends, or January 1.

September begins on the same day of the week as December every year, because there are 91 days separating September and December, which is a multiple of seven (the amount of days in the week).

... In Australia, Father's Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of September.
... In Australia, the Rugby League Grand Final is usually played on the last Sunday of September.
... In Australia, the AFL Grand Final is usually played on the last Saturday of September.

... September's birthstone is the sapphire. The meaning is clear thinking.
... The birthflowers for September are the forget-me-not, and aster.

September in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to March in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.

Spring is one of the four temperate seasons, the transition period between winter and summer. Its days are nearly twelve hours long with increasing day length, as it occurs near the time of an equinox. Early annuals bloom in the spring. In the Northern Hemisphere, spring runs from March into June, and in the Southern Hemisphere it runs from September into November.

In spring, the axis of the Earth is increasing its tilt toward the Sun and the length of daylight rapidly increases for the relevant hemisphere. The hemisphere begins to warm significantly causing new plant growth to "spring forth," giving the season its name. Spring is seen as a time of growth, renewal, of new life (both plant and animal) being born. The term is also used more generally as a metaphor for the start of better times.

huh.gif blink.gif So what is this thread really about, we hear you ask???? laugh.gif
Spring, September??????? cool.gif

Let us enlighten you. It?s about a very special day ..... yes, we are here to celebrate Tim?s birthday!

Allow us a moment to firstly say ?Congratulations? to Tim for a successful year that has been.

Singing, dancing, acting or hosting, at home on stage, in front of the camera or microphone,

user posted image

user posted image

Quickly grasping the Internet?s latest phenomena, ?Twitter? with witty, humorous ?twits?,

OK back online now... OMG I missed me too!... Wow, just passed 2000 followers, thank you... almost as popular as Ellen!!!4:09 PM Aug 20th from web

Selflessly and graciously giving of his time to support worthy charities,
The Advertiser Mon 20/7/09 - Late edition

Likeable Lad's Surprise Charity Project

Talk about a top bloke
Former Home and Away actor and Celebrity Singing Bee host Tim Campbell worked the room at Saturday night's Dialysis Escape Line Australia (DELA) 10th anniversary dinner at Norwood Concert Hall, meeting and greeting guests.
What's more the likeable lad, whose dad Graham was a dialysis patient prior to receiving a donor kidney from his mum Heather, gave DELA a great 10th birthday present.

Praising the grassroots charity, which is run entirely by volunteers, Tim announced he was now it's official national ambassador.

Tim continues to entertain with professionalism and infectious enthusiasm and his lovable, good natured heart and spirit shine always.

Light the Night
The Celebrity Singing Bee
Carols by Candlelight
Special guest with The Tim Campbell Retro Experience for Anthony?s One Night Only Concert
The Production of ?The Boyfriend?

So, please join us in extending to Tim, our very best wishes for continued happiness and a successful year ahead.

Happy Birthday Tim.
We hope it is a Fantastic Day!!

user posted image

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

NONNA
post Sep 4 2009, 05:15 PM

Happy 34th Birthday Tim "DIMPLES" Campbell

Wow we get to celebrate your birthday for 1 whole month.

I just wanted to share a few things about one of my favourite topics. Astrology.

1975 is the year of Rabbit!! Here is the information I discovered about the rabbit.

Timid and attractive, the Rabbits of the Chinese Zodiac tend to act more like bunnies, whether they like it or not! This Sign is extremely popular and has a wide circle of family and friends. Its compassionate nature leads it to be very protective of those it holds dear, but where romance is concerned, the Rabbit's sentimentality can lead it to idealize relationships. The sweet, sensitive Rabbit often ends up giving more of itself to a partner than is realistic or healthy. The good news is, when this Sign goes off-balance, the Rabbit's core group of friends and its stable home life help bring it back to center.

The Rabbit is a rather delicate Sign that needs a solid base in order to thrive. Lacking close, supportive friends and family, the Rabbit might just break down in tears at the first sign of conflict. Emotional upsets in this Sign's life can even lead to physical illnesses. Rabbits dislike arguments and other conflict and will try anything to avoid a fight; this results in something of a pushover nature. Rabbits can also lapse into pessimism and may seem stuck in life -- often to mask their insecure natures. Rabbits tend to move through life's lessons at their own, rather contemplative pace; it's a waste of time to become exasperated with this Sign's seeming disinterest in facing its problems and conquering them.

With the right partner -- meaning someone whose high principles won't allow it to take advantage of this sensitive, giving Sign -- the Rabbit can make an incredibly loving and protective partner or family member. Rabbits love to entertain at home and always make sure their house is comfortable and tastefully-furnished. What Rabbits need most is a stronger sense of self-worth and the security that comes with it. Their discerning natures, coupled with some hard-won assertiveness, will help these happy creatures go far.

Then Librians

Diplomaitic and urbane
Romantic and charming
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

Librans are sensitive to the needs of others and have the gift, sometimes to an almost psychic extent, of understanding the emotional needs of their companions and meeting them with their own innate optimism - they are the kind of people of whom it is said, "They always make you feel better for having been with them." They are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity.

Their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual, though they are usually too moderate and well balanced to be avant garde in any artistic endeavor. They have good perception and observation and their critical ability, with which they are able to view their own efforts as well as those of others, gives their work integrity.

In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship. They like the opposite sex to the extent of promiscuity sometimes, and may indulge in romanticism bordering on sentimentality.
Their marriage Their marriages, however, stand a good chance of success because they are frequently the union of "true minds". The Libran's continuing kindness toward his or her partner mollifies any hurt the latter may feel if the two have had a tiff. Nor can the Libran's spouse often complain that he or she is not understood, for the Libran is usually the most empathetic of all the zodiacal types and the most ready to tolerate the beloved's failings.

*shrugs shoulders all in a good read*

May you smell the flowers this month, feel the warm wind on your cheeks & celebrate in style.

So what is your surprise this month?????

Have a Happy Happy Month!!

Cheers

Nonna

Ps my fav twitter quotes.

Nee Nor Nee Nor Nee Nor Nee Nor.... don't worry, the Wambulance is on it's way!

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Anthony
post Sep 4 2009, 09:01 PM

How sweet of both of you, Zia & Nonna for starting this thread in celebration of Tim's birthday.

He look's pretty good for his age, hey! wink.gif

Happy Birthday Tim...Yay!

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

Anthony
post Sep 4 2009, 11:42 PM

Just to be clear, it's not Tim's B'day until the 27th of this month.

Don't peak too early in your well wishes, save some for the 27th!!!

Anthx

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Anthony
post Sep 27 2009, 11:26 PM

Hello boys and girls, it's Tim here.... I've taken over Anth's account for a second.

Just wanted to thank you for all of your beautiful messages over "Springtember" and for the birthday messages on the other thread. Your support and generosity means a lot!

Thanks for the chocolates and cards. You shouldn't have, but there's no way in hell you'll get chocolates back!!!

Thank you again to you all

Cheers!

Tim xo
biggrin.gif

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

NONNA
post Sep 26 2009, 09:16 AM

user posted image

We-eee-eeeell .......

You know you make us wanna SHOUT........
Kick our heels up and SHOUT......
Throw our hands up and SHOUT......
Throw our heads back and SHOUT.......
Come on now!!.......

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM"

Hope that you have an Awesome Day! May you Eat, Drink & be Very Merry!! biggrin.gif Oh I can't wait to read your twits while you are Very Merry!!

Anthony:What would I do without my 'live-in' Musical Director? He can Act, Present, Sing, Dance, Cook and now play piano.. Ah Jealous..in a good way

Yes indeed Thank you TIM for your entertaining us with your Acting, Singing, Culinary skills & Dancing moves!!

DWTS
Jive!!
Rumba

[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/2h50bpl.jpg

user posted image

user posted image[/center]
Tim's Birthday Message from ACOF

Please Thank Zia for creating this video to celebrate your day and Janelle for the birthday graphic.!!!
The Birthday message may take a second or two to start/buffer but should be ok. Let us know if you have any problems with it.

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

Zia
post Sep 26 2009, 08:40 PM

user posted imageuser posted image

I hope your day is special Tim

Enjoy and have lots of fun!! smile.gif

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

sambatropical_21
post Sep 26 2009, 09:03 PM

user posted image
user posted image

Have an awesome day on your special day TIM!!
Ciao Hanan xo

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
nonnapat
post Sep 26 2009, 10:49 PM

wub.gif A Very Very Happy Birthday Tim wub.gif

We hope you have an absolutely wonderful and very special day wub.gif

We hope Anthony and Oscar and your families completely spoil you today Tim wub.gif

We hope your special day is everything you want it to be wub.gif

Best Wishes for today on your Birthday and always. wub.gif

Love Pat and Trent xo biggrin.gif

Thank You very much Zia for creating Tim's video with special memories for ACOF and Thank You Janelle for Tim's wonderful Birthday graphic. biggrin.gif

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:51 AM

anthem
post Sep 27 2009, 12:11 AM

user posted image

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM*****

I hope your very special day

Is very special in every way.

WOW Zia! What an AWESOME video clip!!! I?m sure a lot of time, work and creativity went into making it so AMAZING!!! Thank UUUUUUUUUUUU ? it?s a joy to watch and big thanks, Janelle for creating the excellent birthday graphic. My, you girls have been very busy, and we appreciate all you have done for Tim to make this a truly memorable birthday for him. smile.gif smile.gif

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

diissee
post Sep 27 2009, 12:13 AM

Wishing you a wonderful Birthday Tim

full of love and happiness
and also lots of pressies

Di xo

user posted image

user posted image
The best is yet to come

Love the fabulous message from ACOF, well done a big thanks to Janelle and Zia its fantastic.

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

Lea
post Sep 27 2009, 03:26 AM

Happy Birthday Tim, hope your day is all you could wish it to be. smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic