Photo

Taronga Zoo Twilight Performance - 14th Feb, 2015 (SYDNEY)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 essjay

essjay

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Hope we will get some reviews about the concert.   i'd like to know if he did duets with anyone, what the crowd were like etc.

Posted Image

#22 jojop72

jojop72

Ave Maria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts
  • Interests:Anthony Callea
    l love everything about him
    His got great music
    a great voice
    Great laugh lol
    and is AMAZING on stage
    also like Ryan Sheppard from WICKED
    and Tim Campbell

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

What a night
Anth was so Amazing
Loved every minute of it
He sang a lot of songs from the cd
It was a good night
Lm glad l came up for it
L got some video too
On my mob
L will uploaded when k get back home today
      d86a9341-25c1-441a-8e7b-8214db892477_zps  <p> 

#23 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Essjay, He did a duet with Caterina (I knew you were waiting for me). He was very gracious towards her. Giving her a leg up. I picked this up from Twitter comments and clips.

Looking forward to your review and clips Jo.

Cheers,

H

#24 pearl

pearl

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Patchwork Quilting, Movies, Books.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Our whole family went to Taronga Zoo on Saturday night equipped with ponchos, blankets, plastic to lay down on the grass (for when it rained) and food.  I must say that the organisation of the event was first class, right down to the ferry ride and bus that met the ferry to transport us to the entrance, to the people guiding everyone inside the venue.  We also got to see some animals and birds along the path to boot.

It rained before Cat Torres commenced her act but thankfully stopped in time for Anthony's performance and held off for the ferry ride back to Circular Quay.  I was a bit concerned that if it continued raining, we would see nothing over the umbrellas in front, but that was not to be the case so we could see the stage very well from our spot on the hill.

The setting is also fabulous with the Harbour Bridge and water in the background. 

Anthony and the band (including Annette and Suzie - backup singers) were wonderful.  Because of the time-frame of clearing everyone out of the zoo to catch ferries etc, the repetoire was cut back to approx 13 songs, all of which were beautifully performed.  Anthony's voice just gets better and better.

All in all the twilight series at Taronga Zoo is a delightful setting to watch your favourite artist/band perform during the summer months.  We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

#25 Christine

Christine

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

I will just add to Pearl's review that as soon as Anthony came on stage people started dancing in front of the stage, it was absolutely packed down there. It was so great seeing everyone having such a good time and Anthony would have loved that. Anthony was in fine form, very funny and his voice was brilliant as always. Not a drop of rain fell when Anthony came on stage so the Gods were smiling. Catarina did join Anthony to sing the Aretha Franklin song, I really like her and I enjoyed her set beforehand. Anthony didn't sing I Can't Make You Love Me and only had time for one Wham song.

Anthony was sipping on his red wine during the show and just seemed to really enjoy himself. He did one costume change from his more formal outfit to a sleeveless tank top and denim waistcoat which showed off his tan and biceps.

I am glad I had my hair done, haha. We all ended up looking a little worse for wear but it was worth it.

#26 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Thanks Pearl and Christine. Appreciated.

H

#27 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

It was an absolutely FABULOUS concert. It rained but nothing could take away from Anthony's brilliance. We have watched Anthony perform #SongsofGeorgeMichael quite a few times now but he has never sounded better than he did at #TwilightTaronga. He really gave us everything he had for Valentine's Day. THANK YOU so much ANTHONY. :blow-kiss:  You'd think by now nothing would shock me but I never cease to be amazed at how Anthony just keeps excelling more & more every time we see him.

Trent wasn't very well but he had the biggest smile on his face from the moment Anthony started to sing & he was down the front dancing with Kerry & Ken all night. Thank You so much Kerry & Ken. :hugs:

There really is NO other artist who can affect me the way Anthony does. I can never get enough of his magnificent voice his cheekyness his smile his amazing personality. There is always so much excitement when Anthony comes on stage & he just holds the audience in the palm of his hand with his beautiful personality & his sincerity. He has such a beautiful soul & it always shows in his music. :wub:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#28 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

Lovely comment Pat. Thanks for that.

Cheers

heather

#29 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

Thanks Jojo, Pearl, Christine and Pat. sounds like it was a wonderful show in a beautiful setting.

c6f6be83-9dc3-4842-942a-949dd427c696.jpg

#30 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the reviews, sounds like he was as brilliant as ever.

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#31 8701girl

8701girl

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Great reviews guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users