19 replies to this topic

#1 anthem

anthem

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Anthony is mentioned (twice) in an article in the Star Observer about Eurovision this year.  Here's the link ....................

http://www.starobser...-jedward/132748

Posted Image

The Man With The Rolls Royce Voice

One Listen Forever Smitten

#2 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

Thanks Judi.  My opinion and Julia's seems to be very similar...love that she agrees that Anthony would be a great choice.

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#3 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Yes! I put in a comment recommending Anth. You can too!

#4 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Here are the quotes on her thoughts for Australian representation:

“Tina Arena was asked by France to sing when she was living there and she said no,” she said.

“Perhaps something like this will now turn her head and she’d take the opportunity to represent Australia. She’s got a huge fan base in France and Europe plus the vocal chops and experience.

“Anthony Callea I think would just be a great person to go along because he is very tough and you need to be tough to get through that competition.

Then later:

“I am a little bit in the Tina Arena/Anthony Callea vibe and corner because I think Europe will love them and they’re tough performers,” she said.

Fingers crossed.

H

#5 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

Here are the quotes on her thoughts for Australian representation:

“Tina Arena was asked by France to sing when she was living there and she said no,” she said.

“Perhaps something like this will now turn her head and she’d take the opportunity to represent Australia. She’s got a huge fan base in France and Europe plus the vocal chops and experience.

“Anthony Callea I think would just be a great person to go along because he is very tough and you need to be tough to get through that competition.

Then later:

“I am a little bit in the Tina Arena/Anthony Callea vibe and corner because I think Europe will love them and they’re tough performers,” she said.

Fingers crossed.

H

Thanks very much Heather. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I think Anthony is the OBVIOUS choice. xo

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#6 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Yep! I think he's more obvious that Tina to be honest. But both are real contenders.

H

#7 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for posting the link to the a article. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#8 I_HEART_ANTH

I_HEART_ANTH

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Interests:Anthony, music,

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

oooo hope Anth gets to do it fingers crossed!!!

#9 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

There was another article where Julia Zemero talks up Tina Arena and Anthony Callea. Wouldn't a duet between them be brilliant?

I'd love Anthony doing a solo, but I'd happily settle for a duet with Tina also. They would certainly rock Eurovision if they teamed up.

We'll find out tomorrow at 9.00am, when SBS makes the announcement. Tune in for news.

Heather

PS the Dami Im fans have been flooding the opinion polls and messages. And there is a Kylie Minogue petition going round (heaven forbid). So it will be interesting.

#10 Steph

Steph

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Knowing Australia, they'll make a disappointing choice.

The Dami Im fans have been absolutely flooding social media. She may have a good voice but would you really want to send someone who has only been in the industry for just over a year? Just my two cents worth.

Also Guy Sebastian has been mentioned a few times as well. Heaven forbid, his songs get more annoying each time!

Fingers crossed Anthony is selected but if not, hopefully Australia will send someone just as good.
Posted Image

#11 Christine

Christine

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

From reading a couple things online this morning it would seem unlikely that Anthony will be Australia's selection. :(.

#12 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

Yep. Guy Sebastian. Nice person, but Blahhh.

So sad that it wasn't our Anthony. 

Apparently though, SBS asked record companies to select and recommend their best singers/ songs, and of course Sony was going to win that one with their choice.

Oh well, moving on.

Heather

#13 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

SONY paid for Jess Mauboy to attend last year, so as Richard Wilkins said this morning on the Today show, it was always going to be one of their artists.  Good luck to him, he is very talented, and if he does well maybe we'll get another crack at it.

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#14 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

Stinks though that such events are dominated by the powerful backers like Sony.

Social media has been less than impressed by the Australian choice today (some very caustic comments flying around).

(Anthony would have copped that flack as well, I guess).

H

#15 essjay

essjay

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Very disappointed Anthony was not chosen for Eurovision. :(   He would have been perfect.  :yes-2:  Apparently Sony paid heaps for this and I doubt Anthony or his record label would have been able to cover the costs.  Oh well at least I don't have to bother watching.  I will look forward to the Good Friday Appeal instead. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#16 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:00 AM

Would have love to see Anthony win instead. 😃

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#17 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Yes Essay,

I think it's such a shame that it's money that talks in these matters. So, the choice was made based on money and which backers could come up with the cash to send their person. 

No disrespect to Guy. But Sony was always going to win that battle.

Heather

#18 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Apparently, other countries hold a 'competition' to select the entrant. That would be more interesting and fair.

But we didn't have the time to do that this year. Also, they have a whole year to source a top song for the event. In this case, they are just going to use a song off Guy's latest album (or he's going to write a song in a real hurry - not ideal either way).

Problem is, it's supposedly a 'once-off' invitation. So we may not get the chance to do it better next year.

Fingers crossed we do get a second year with time to do a selection competition. Also the choice of singer wouldn't be so controversial next time.

H

#19 I_HEART_ANTH

I_HEART_ANTH

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Interests:Anthony, music,

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

hopefully we will get to try again next year ..and guy did write a song in a week its great I love it ......ps would of been better if one of anths songs and him singing

#20 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

Yes, I heard Guy's song. And I did like it. All the best to him!

H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users