34 replies to this topic

#21 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

This was a night full of fun, laughter and memories of a huge music catalogue from The Bee Gees. 

The audience was an interesting dynamic as each person had their own favourite they were there to see, with everyone else being a bonus.  It was incredible to see such a diverse line up of Australian artists together on one stage.  The performers really seemed to be enjoying themselves and I'm sure it would have been fun back stage.  Suzie was there as one of the backing vocalists and John Foreman was the musical director.

Anthony came on in the 2nd half.  He started singing off stage and I was applauding madly as he made his way on stage.  I have to say most didn't seem to know who it was until they caught sight of him and then there was a really great welcome from the audience.  I was hoping someone else would have posted by now as I can't remember the name of the first song.  Ridiculous really, I knew he would only be singing two songs.  How hard can it be to remember them!  I can see every move and groove he did, I can even visualise facial expressions, but not one word comes to mind.

Maybe it was because the 2nd song was Immortality.  It was just stunning and you could tell Anthony was enjoying singing the song.  He said that when he was invited to do the show he put first dibs on this song, and I'm so glad he did.  I hope we all get to hear it again some time - maybe on the next album!

He was dressed all in black - black shirt, black shiny suit - and looked gorgeous as always. 

For the encore the whole cast came back on and sang How Deep Is Your Love and then You Should Be Dancing.  Anthony was standing on the far right next to Melinda Schneider.  There was quite a bit of by-play going on between them.

Everyone on stage gave a stellar performance.  Apart from Anthony, my fave would have to have been Katie Noonan.  I've always liked her music, but never bought any.  You know, one of those guys you like to listen to but are not passionate about.  As she's a bit quirky I was worried that she might kill some awesome songs - I'm not a fan of artists changing originals too much, it rarely works for me.  One of her songs was New York Mining Disaster and she accompanied herself on the piano.  It was haunting and very much Katie, and I loved it.

She was also involved in the other big ballad of the night, Woman in Love, in a duet with Tina Arena.  My goodness, those two ladies were awesome and nearly took the roof with their soaring vocals.

Overall, a great night and I was introduced to some Aussie talent that I had not been terribly familiar with.

.... and it was a great warm up for me for the 9th and 10th August. :disco:

#22 princessma

princessma

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Having fun,my family ,the beach , music(favourite the wonderful Mr. CALLEA!) He has the best voice on earth ever.Maybe shoes if I am telling the truth(heels only) #limpingisfine

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Sorry I haven't posted a revue yet.but am awaiting the birth of my 4th. grandchild any second now! The first song was a personal favpurite of mine called If I Can't Have You. Naturally Anthony sang beautifully,looked great and was lots of fun I will try to post more after the birth.

#23 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

If I Can't Have You  :lol:

Of course it was.  Funny thing is, I was sure it was a hit for a lady, and thought it was Yvonne Elliman.  When I got home I googled and found it, played a bit, and still talked myself out of that being the one.

Funnier still, I own the original. 

#24 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thanks very much Debbie for your awesome review. I loved reading it. I would LOVE to hear Anthony sing "Immortality " sometime. I watched it on YouTube sung by Celine Dion & the Bee Gees and loved it and could just picture Anthony singing it but of course it would be so fantastic to actually hear him sing it live. Hopefully he'll sing it again maybe on an album or at a concert. :xfingers:  I'm glad you had a great time Debbie and also really happy that both you & Kerry & Ken were able to go so we could hear about it. I can assure you Deb you are in for such an  amazing two nights when OUR beautiful ANTHONY & Tim & his band perform at Brisbane & Broncos club. You will just LOVE IT.

Thanks very much Kerry for the name of Anthony's first song "If I can't have You " I can also see Anthony singing that. It would be amazing as everything Anthony ever sings always is.

Kerry & Ken  GOOD LUCK with the Birth of your 4th grandchild I know just how EXCITING that can be. :blow-kiss: We will look forward to hearing about it & when you can look forward to your review also. :hugs: 

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#25 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Debbbie for posting the great reveiew. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#26 princessma

princessma

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Having fun,my family ,the beach , music(favourite the wonderful Mr. CALLEA!) He has the best voice on earth ever.Maybe shoes if I am telling the truth(heels only) #limpingisfine

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Our prince Charlie arrived the same day as that other kid in England.Thankfully he didn't come early as both sets of grandparents were enjoying How Deep Is Your Love!

#27 Christine

Christine

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Congratulations Kerry and Ken. What a considerate little baby, lol.

#28 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Our prince Charlie arrived the same day as that other kid in England.Thankfully he didn't come early as both sets of grandparents were enjoying How Deep Is Your Love!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS Kerry & Ken :blow-kiss: and also to the Mum & Dad & your whole family. How exciting & what a considerate little baby Prince Charlie is for letting you all enjoy the " How Deep Is Your Love " concert. He may even grow up to be an Anthony fan just like his beautiful grandparents.

Thank You so much Kerry & Ken for letting us all share in your joy of your new little prince Charlie. :blow-kiss:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#29 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

:thankyou:  Thanks Deb for a great review. I'm glad you had a good time. 

:cheers:  CONGRATULATIONS Kerry and Ken on your new grandson.

86ca4605-0412-4edf-a30d-5fa4d25fea6e.jpg

#30 princessma

princessma

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words regading the birth of our tiny Charlie. As soon as I get a chance I will introduce him to Anthony ballads as The world's coolest. lullabies,and we may also rock out to The Last To Go EP!

#31 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words regading the birth of our tiny Charlie. As soon as I get a chance I will introduce him to Anthony ballads as The world's coolest. lullabies,and we may also rock out to The Last To Go EP!

Sounds fantastic Kerry :) I can definately picture you doing that with Prince Charlie :lol:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#32 I_HEART_ANTH

I_HEART_ANTH

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Interests:Anthony, music,

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for a great review Debbie and Kerry and ken congrates on the grandcild

#33 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Many thanks Debbie and Kerry. Will look up the songs and 'imagine' Anthony singing them.

#34 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

I just listened to the Celine Dion and Bee Gees version of 'Immortality". It was absolutely gorgeous. I could really imagine Anthony singing that. I hope I hear it one day.

H

#35 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I just listened to the Celine Dion and Bee Gees version of 'Immortality". It was absolutely gorgeous. I could really imagine Anthony singing that. I hope I hear it one day.

H

Me too Heather I also listened to Celine Dion & Bee Gees version & could definately hear Anthony singing it & sounding amazing. I also hope we get to hear him sing it one day. I often listen to songs I LOVE & can just imagine Anthony singing them. :wub:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: qmf.org.au

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users