• 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Posted by the_voice

Teen Idol Grows Up
Courier Mail
By Sandra McLean
23-2-2007

http://www.news.com....27-7642,00.html

ANTHONY Callea is 24 and already has greying hair. Is this the kind of confession a recording artist whose fans are largely teenage girls should make?

Perhaps not, but Callea seems refreshingly unconcerned about what such a confession could mean for his image. Which is odd because he has made such an effort to change his image with the release of his second album, A New Chapter.

The jeans and leather jacket � shades of a suburban Bruce Springsteen wannabe � are gone, replaced by bicep-hugging black shirts and tight white jeans. The spiky haircut is in the reject basket along with the jacket and Callea is now sporting a closely cropped hair-do. Interviews are done these days in Versace shades with a Scotch and dry close by. But for all the image tweaking, Callea remains the kind of pop star grandmothers feel they can treat like their own.

Callea recalls a recent visit to Brisbane when he showed off his new shaved head.

"I shaved my head because it is a lot easier but my Mum hates it," he says. "Most people like it � older women don't. I had an older lady say I looked ugly with my hair shaved and I should grow it back. I just looked at her and thought, 'what do you say to that?' I was stunned."

Another kind of pop star might have had plenty to say to the woman but not Callea, the well-mannered oldest of three who grew up in Melbourne's western suburbs. Three years since he famously lost Australian Idol to Casey Donovan and then went on to smash the charts with his single The Prayer, he remains optimistic.

True, the year after Idol when The Prayer became the fastest selling pop single in Australian music history, was difficult. Callea admits it was a blur as he was shoved into the studio to record an album and then spent much of 2006 selling it.

At the Idol final in 2005, where Callea performed, many of the other former contestants were keen to make the most of their 15 minutes of fame. But Callea avoided the red carpet, sang his song and kept his counsel. Just as he had when he had looked to the future when he was a teenager gigging around Melbourne, he was focused on the next career step � to go to the US to work on songs for his second album.

He spent much of 2006 writing and recording A New Chapter, guided by Ross Fraser, SonyBMG artist and repertoire consultant who helps Idol finalists pick their songs during and after the series.

Callea came back to do most of the recording in Australia and learnt more about music, that it was OK to sing as technically as he had been taught and to relax with his notes.

He wrote 14 of the 15 songs on the album, including the second single, Addicted to Love. The album shows Callea taking some risks. It retains the style that made him a recording star and there is no mistaking the rich voice which sounds as if it comes from a man twice the size of Callea. But there is a lusher, rockier, guitar-driven sound which might be hard for his core fans to digest.

Callea, who will appear with Westlife later this month, knows he is at a crucial career point. He is getting older and so are his original Idol fans. The big question is, will they stick with the brown-eyed boy with the glorious voice or move on? Then if they do, will he be able to find a new audience?

It's too early for him to worry and he is happy just to have another chance at an album. "After Idol it was just like a total whirlwind," says Callea, who has admitted that being on the Channel 10 talent show wasn't that good for his health.

He was taken to hospital with a stress-related virus and producers considered taking him off the show but he refused and performed ill.

"It's been important to have quiet time, to take a year off and work on this album," he says. "I also needed to have more control over what I did.

"It was important to me to have a connection to the songs and be part of the whole creative process � if I'm going to sing the songs and talk to the radio and other media that's important.

"Each song is my own little creation � I love that feeling."

Callea says he is sad to hear people criticise Australian Idol because for him, the show gave him an opening that changed his life.

Yet he insists he would still be writing music and singing if he hadn't been on Idol.

"I was taking private singing lessons when I was five years old and did singing as a subject at school," he says.

'I've always sung even though nobody else in my family is a singer.

"If I hadn't done Idol I would still be involved in music � before Idol I was gigging around Melbourne and I was going in to the recording studio doing demos but nobody would take me seriously.

"It's so hard to be heard and you have to take what is out there."

This year he must settle into the tough side of making an album � selling it to the public.

He's been on the publicity trail since A New Chapter was released last November. No one really expected the first single, Live for Love, to do as well as The Prayer, but it has done respectable business.

As part of promoting his album Callea has agreed to do other gigs that will improve his profile such as supporting Westlife and appearing with Deni Hines at the 2007 Tattoo Spectacular at Ballymore in Brisbane later this year.

Sharing the stage with Westlife � Callea was called in to replace Young Divas � makes perfect sense as the four-member boy band and Callea share a fan base and a record company. But doing the Tattoo? Does this fit in with his new cool image?

Callea laughs: "I have never done something like that but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. You know, when I was first asked to do it I thought 'no way, this is not what I do'. But then I thought about it and it sounds interesting. I get to have a say in what I sing and we are just working that out now."

Callea could have years left in his music career if he makes the right choices about songs and hairdos. He says he doesn't have a 10-year plan. "You can't in this industry � it's better to have a six-month plan. I'm looking forward to Westlife then I am going to Rome for a gig and then back for the Tattoo. After that, who really knows what is going to happen?"

Westlife, Wednesday, February 28, Brisbane Entertainment Centre; 2007 Tattoo Spectacular, May 12, Ballymore Stadium.

#202 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Posted by Mz Callea

http://www.accessall...a.php#interview

Interview

Access All Areas.net.au: Do you think that without Idol you would have received the success that you have in the past couple of years?
Anthony Callea: Who knows really its just one of those things that I would hope that I will have eventually got to where I am at the moment but Idol was a great platform and it was an opportunity that I think that if its there, why wouldn?t you take it?

Access All Areas.net.au: If you could?ve done anything different throughout Australian Idol, what would it have been?
Anthony Callea: Not wear sunnies on stage and I realized it once I watched it back. What was I thinking?! Well it worked for me anyways; I got there at the end!!

Access All Areas.net.au: Your first album has sold over 160,000 copies and your new album, which was only released in November, has already sold 35,000 copies, what were your first thoughts upon hearing the news of that?
Anthony Callea: It?s great that people are hearing the new album and stuff especially hearing the new single now. It?s getting played well on the radio which I?m really happy about.
For me, I?m seeing this album as my first album rather than my second ? putting this album together I got to spend a good year working on it writing and working with the producers. Everyone knows that the Idol album is thrown together at the last minute, well, in my series it was anyway and to be able to spend so much time on the album and have more of a connection with it, more of an attachment is great. It?s great that people are loving it and acknowledging it. It means a lot to me.

Access All Areas.net.au: You did a lot of co-writing on this album also!
Anthony Callea: Yeah! 14 out of the 15 tracks I co-wrote. We actually recorded 22 tracks for this album. I was a little bit worried at the start because I was thinking ?what are we going to do with these extra tracks?? With the latest single released this week it?s been great because we?ve been able to use one of those tracks that never made it to the album as a bonus track on iTunes for the next week. I wanted to do that because as a music fan growing up I used to love going to buy singles and checking the B-sides because they had tracks that no-one had ever heard before so I wanted to do something like that. But great that we?ve been able to use them!

Access All Areas.net.au: The sound of this album is a lot rockier than the first. Was the direction that you moved into intentional?
Anthony Callea: I wanted to try and do something different, I didn?t know which way it was going to go. I wanted to keep the ballads. I enjoy doing the ballads and I got to work with the Victorian Philharmonic Orchestra to record these songs live so that was a great part of putting this album together but then I thought I want to do something different, rock up to the writing sessions and see what came out of them and with tracks like ?If only? that?s quite heavy and very guitar driven and its quite gritty and when we were doing it I was like ?lets make it heavier? and I was enjoying the whole process and enjoying putting those tracks together so when it comes naturally you?ve just got to stick with it. If you try and do something, it never works.

Access All Areas.net.au: The new single ?Addicted to You? has just been released, tell us a bit about the song.
Anthony Callea: This song was the first song that I actually wrote for the album over a year and a half ago. It was on the first writing session that was specifically put together for this album. I just went in there just wanting to write a fun song full of attitude and really guitar driven so I went in there thinking that and came out with ?Addicted to You.? We actually wrote that in a day and we recorded the demo at the end of the day. We went back to it here and there and tweaked certain parts and then added a bit of a string section in the middle of it so that was the beauty of actually being able to live with these tracks for months and months so you could go back and rework them if they needed it and I think its really important that when you are putting an album together that you are living with these tracks for a while before you put it out there on the shelf.

Access All Areas.net.au: And you?ve made a film clip for it as well?what is it all about?
Anthony Callea: I didn?t actually want a full on story with this video clip I came up with the idea that I wanted to do it on a rooftop and I wanted it to be more of a performance based video clip rather than an actual story. Mainly it?s just me filming a video clip on top of a roof and disrupting the people in the city and have them looking up and working out what?s going on on the rooftop.
We filmed it in one day and it was 38 degrees though on that day so it was the only problem but it was great because I actually felt like a star that day because I had an umbrella lady. So everywhere I went I had this lady following me with an umbrella saying ?you can?t turn pink by the end of the day?

Access All Areas.net.au: You?ve recently recorded a track for the compilation HOME which is selling quite well.
Anthony Callea: Its one of my favourite songs and when they asked me to record a song for the Hope and Journey album I thought it was an ideal song to put on the compilation, it sort of works well and tides in with the whole charity and organization that it?s going to.

Access All Areas.net.au: The CD benefits people living with depression what are your thoughts on the subject?
Anthony Callea: Depression is one of those conditions that I think it gets overlooked sometimes and there?s so many people out there that are suffering from depression and even though it can only be minor it?s still depression and I think if we can raise awareness about it than it?s a good thing.

Access All Areas.net.au: You?ve had many great experiences since your time on Idol, but what has been the highlight for you?
Anthony Callea: Probably three things. 1 ? Winning an ARIA because as a kid I just always wanted to go to the Arias and just be part of the audience so to actually get up there and sing and win an ARIA was an amazing feeling. Then being asked to sing for the Queen and Pavarotti, but getting out and doing your own tour around Australia too and doing 30 odd shows around the country was a great highlight for me as well.

Access All Areas.net.au: Do you have any plans to get back out there and tour again soon?
Anthony Callea: I?m going to be doing some shows with the Military Tattoo in March/April which I think is something different for me to do but I thought it?d be a great opportunity to get out there and do something different and challenge myself. So that?s going around Australia which I?m looking forward to and then I?m going to Rome in May to do some work so then hopefully I?ll come back and do some live shows around Australia!!

#203 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Posted by scooby

Celebrity Tennis Challenge
an article in the Bone Foundation Newsletter
January, 2007

On Saturday 18th November the 2006 Gerard McCabe jewellers Celebrity Tennis Challenge returned to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre after a 6 year absence.

The venue looked sensational, with a blue and terracotta carpet like court being laid and played on for the first time, thanks to Grassman.

Celebrities were introduced onto the court one at a time and had to return a ball fed to them by tennis coach John Douglas Owens. The last two standing being none other than Anthony Callea and ball boy Oliver Carroll who took on Sharni Vinson and trent Baines of Home and Away fame in a mini match.

Next up the crowd was entertained by an exhibition match between tennis legends John Fitzgerald, Darren Cahill, Roger Rasheed and Pat Rafter. Roger even jumping the net with one of his returns which was very impressive.

The Scared Weird Little Guys performed a set of their funny dities and were a real crowd pleaser.

We then ran a knockout match, which saw Corrine Grant and Pat Rafter defeating Fitzy and Colin Lane - Pat surviving after Corrine accidentally served the ball into his neck! Darren Cahill and Gary Sweet defeated Anthony Callea and Roger Rasheed. Gary and Darren then played off against Corrine and Pat and were thrilled with their win.

Finally the Power and the Crows boys faced off, with Nathan van Berlo and Jason Porplyzia victorious over Brendon Lade and Kane Cornes.

Anthony Callea closed the evening with a "set" of his own. He then signed autographs and CD's for over an hour to ensure every guest was happy.

The night raised close to $50 000 profit for the Bone Growth Foundation with celebrities, patrons, sponsors and corporate guests all thrilled to be involved.

#204 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Posted by foobs

Festival Of Surf - Kids Day
City of Stirling website -kids.enjoyperth.net
25-2-2007

The City of Stirling's Festival of Surf kicks off with the free Anthony Callea (and Chris Murphy) concert on Saturday evening (you need tickets though, see this post at Enjoy Perth).

Then on Sunday it continues with a free Kids Day from 10am to 3pm at Scarborough Beach.

The family festival showcasing fantastic entertainment, rides and activities that will get everyone in the summer vibe. Highlights include Courtney Murphy, local TV and radio Celebrities. The day will also feature Hey Presto, Fairy Queen Caroline, the Punky Panda Show, rides, sand castle making and much more.

It's all happening at the Scarborough Beach Grass Foreshore on Sunday 25 February 2007.

#205 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Posted by diissee

From the Sony BMG Website!

Westlife Touch Down In Australia! Tune In For Interviews Everywhere

Irish boys Westlife touched down in Australia on Sunday for their five show tour and we're stoked to welcome them back to our shores to perform with our very own Anthony Callea!

If you don't already have tix, they?re still available so grab yours and listen out on your TVs and radios for interviews with the lads (details here), as well as their brand new tune 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart'.

Australia, show your love! Nicky, Kian, Shane and Mark, aka Westlife, arrived in Perth on Sunday for the first leg of their Aussie tour and we're sure you're as excited as we are to have them back on our shores.

Set to kick off tomorrow night, Wednesday, February 21 at Perth's Challenge Stadium, the foursome will then continue through Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and are sure to bring you some pretty amazing performances.

Speaking to us last time they were here, the boys said they liked to mix it up a little in their live shows with some old favourites and new tracks from their latest release 'The Love Album' including the new single 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' (listen out for it now on your radios now).

Either way, they're guaranteed have you all on your feet, so expect the unexpected!

And as a super-special bonus, don't forget to get to the shows early, as the boys will be performing with none other than Aussie favourite Anthony Callea who will no doubt knock your socks off with his latest tunes from his new album 'A New Chapter'.

Tickets are still available for all five shows - see details below - grabs yours now and don?t miss the #1 UK band chatting to media in exclusive interviews on NOVA 969, Hot 30 radio, Video Hits, and Take40.com!

2007 Westlife Australian Tour with Anthony Callea:

Wednesday Feb 21 Challenge Stadium, Perth
Tickets through: Ticketmaster or phone 136 100

Friday Feb 23 Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Tickets through: Ticketek or phone 132 849

Monday Feb 26 Vodafone Arena*, Melbourne

Tuesday Feb 27 ACER Arena, Sydney

Wednesday Feb 28 Entertainment Centre, Brisbane

#206 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Posted by vintage

Home: Where Callea's Shirts Are
The Advertiser (Adelaide)
10-2-2007

http://i31.photobuck...ser_10Feb07.jpg

Despite making it big, pop star Anthony Callea isn't too famous to turn down a house gig.

Yesterday he performed in a Prospect backyard for Nova 919's "rental as anything" promotion. "It was my first show in a backyard," he laughs.

Soon he'll have his own new backyard to sing around in. He's moving from Melbourne to Sydney in the next few months to "take in the beaches" ... but in the meantime, he is shacked up at his mum and dad's place. Nice.

"The best part is putting washing in the machine and finding it dry and folded in my room the next day," he says.

The star is on the publicity circuit for latest single Addicted to You.

"It's completely different this time round. I'm having a lot of fun and it's more acoustic," he says. "It's the first track I wrote for the album, so I'm proud it has stood the test of time."

He is just as pleased with the fun nature of the film clip. The only thing that could make it better would be a guest appearance by his favourite Aussie celebs.

"I just love Kath and Kim. I have all the box-sets," he laughs.

So Anthony couldn't be happier, except for catching planes. "You'd think I'd be OK with planes, but I really don't like them," he says.

So he didn't fare so well when he had to brave the ride by himself earlier in the week.

"I've had six flights this week ... I felt very sorry for the guy next to me when I had to fly alone."

Luckily for him, and the other passengers, Anthony wasn't in charge of navigating the plane � he's hopeless with directions.

"When I last came to Adelaide I was looking for the casino and drove past it three times.

"I have a portable satellite navigator that I take everywhere ... I've even named the woman Clementina. We're good friends."

So, will he be buying Clem roses for Valentine's Day?

"I hate Valentine's Day. It's expensive and a sham," he says.

Ah, a guy after our own hearts. Just as well, otherwise the navigator in his last car, Penelope, would be very upset.

Even a satellite couldn't get the pint-sized singer a break though when Anthony encountered his most crazy fan moment � a couple of fans chasing him around the streets of Melbourne.

"I was on Westgate Bridge and noticed some people following me in a car and I didn't know how I was going to lose them." Obviously he survived to tell the tale.

Anthony finds Adelaide much more pleasant though.

"All the people here are really laid-back and friendly.

"I always love coming to Adelaide."

#207 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Posted by diissee

Desiree Savage Dj Nova Perth - Addicted To You Review
Perth Sunday Times

From the little dude with the big voice, I'm totally loving this song. Forget the ringtones - just grab the single. For around $5 you can get your own little piece of Anthony - hot new hair-do and a rocking song. It's not soppy, it's by far nothing like a church prayer, however your mum might try and grab it because it is darn cool. Poppy beats with deep guitar and a catchy chorus keeps this groovy little tune in your head for ages.

#208 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

Posted by diissee

Aria Chartifacts W/E 12/2/2007

ADDICTED TO YOU - Anthony Callea No.19
He might not have been crowned the winner of the 2004 series of Australian Idol, but Anthony Callea holds the Australian record for fastest and highest selling single for his amazing rendition of Andrea Bocelli's The Prayer. The track held the coveted #1 spot for five weeks from December '04 through to January '05. The pint-sized pop-star followed up his massively successful debut with another #1 hit, Rain/Bridge Over Troubled Water. Addicted To You is Callea's sixth consecutive top 20 single and the second single release from his latest album, A New Chapter (#9 Dec. '06).

TOP 50 PHYSICAL SINGLES CHARTS

* 11 - NEW 11 ADDICTED TO YOU Anthony Callea SBME

TOP 20 AUSTRALASIAN SINGLES CHART

3 - NEW 3 ADDICTED TO YOU Anthony Callea SBME

#209 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Posted by toli

Deni Hines And Anthony
The Australian

http://www.theaustra...55E2702,00.html

Hines will be accompanied by former Australian Idol runner-up Anthony Callea with a version of the hit single The Prayer, when the show tours in Perth, Sydney and Brisbane.

#210 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Posted by crazy_4_callea99
With thanks diissee

Past Winners Not sitting Idol
Sunday Telegraph

Hottest Stars 2day.fm Party

http://i77.photobuck...ars/img7511.jpg

http://img208.images...39lsh44enb9.jpg

http://img291.images...3rs81h7lbz8.jpg

#211 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Posted by Renee

B105's 'menage-a-stars' - Party At Movieworld
3-2-2007

Anthony Callea was there*; so were Thirsty Merc, Hamish and Andy**, Stav Davidson and Camilla Severi. But one person missing from Brisbane radio station B105�s �Menage-a-stars� party at MovieWorld on the Gold Coast last night was star recruit Labrat. The reason given for the new breakfast anchorman�s absence was that as the �new guy� he had to stay back and run things at the station. I don�t know what was going on, but I�m guessing he wasn�t even in Queensland.

Still, the party rocked and there certainly seems to be a lot of energy and enthusiasm in the Austereo radio group at the moment. As I�ve already said, the radio market is going to be extremely competitive this year.

* Callea sang his hit The Prayer with just keyboards and guitar - the first time, he says, without a full orchestra.

** Strangely, as stars of the Today network, Hamish and Andy didn't speak at the function. They did, however, dance wildly to Thirsty Merc and happily posed for photos with fans.

#212 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

Posted by Mz Callea

So Fresh Site ... The Spotlight

Anthony Callea

'A New Chapter' marks a whole new beginning in the career of Anthony Callea, one of the most popular young singers in Australia today.

Following on from the chart-topping success of his self-titled, multi-platinum debut album, 'A New Chapter' sees Anthony step forward as a musician in complete control of his art and destiny, co-writing virtually everything on this new album and personally over-seeing every aspect of the recording.

The result is a dynamic collection of 15 songs which explore the full range of Anthony's extraordinary voice, as well as revealing his depth as an artist and performer.

#213 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

Posted by the_voice

The Rich Pom Invited to Rub Shoulders with the Stars at Sony Playstation Portable VIP Party at Star City Casino,Sydney, NSW
(PRWEB)
25-1-2007

http://www.prweb.com...prweb499774.htm

Affiliate Marketing Guru, The Rich Pom, has been invited to attend a luxury VIP Party in conjunction with Sony and 2DayFM, along with the likes of Girlband, Damien Leith (Australian Idol Winner), Young Divas, Anthony Callea, Guy Sebastian, Rogue Traders and Kyle and Jackie O.

The popular and out-spoken online marketing expert, The Rich Pom, has been asked to attend a VIP Party at Star City on 30th January 2007 on behalf of Sony and Sydney Radio Station, 2DayFM.

Among those to be invited are Girlband, Damien Leith (Australian Idol Winner), Young Divas, Anthony Callea, Guy Sebastian, Rogue Traders and Kyle and Jackie O, further improving The Rich Pom's growing celebrity status.

His website, RichPom, has already become firmly established as the number one work from home website in Australia, and adding this latest invitation to the VIP Party to his credentials, The Rich Pom is clearly climbing the Sydney Celebrity Ranks.

The event will take place under security at Sydney's Star City Casino on 30th January, but when quizzed about the other stars attending, The Rich Pom replied in his usual cocky and confident style.

"I have no idea who half of these people are," he quipped. "Yes, I've heard of the guy who won Australian Idol, but he's not got the best voice around and I certainly couldn't tell you who Guy Sebastian or The Rogue Traders are if you paid me - not that I need the money."

"I'm only going so I can get mullered on the free booze, the other celebrities who'll be there don't interest me one bit," added the 33-year old Internet Guru.

The Rich Pom website, RichPom has enjoyed phenomenal growth since its launch in October 2006 and more than 2500 people have joined up to earn extra money and start their own home business. The size of growth can be measured by the fact that it is now more popular with ClixGalore, the number one affiliate marketing company in Australia, than ANZ Bank, CitiBank and Teleflora. In addition to this, according to regular Alexa Internet Rankings, his website continues to be the number one work from home website in the country.

#214 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Posted by diissee

Billboard.com - Staff Top 10 _ Critics Choice For 2006!
Live for Love # 4

http://www.billboard...p10/staff_5.jsp

From the the singles review editor on the USA Billboard website.

Critics' Choice
The personal picks of the year's best from the Billboard staff and our worldwide freelance contributors.

2006 Critics' Choice

CHUCK TAYLOR - Billboard singles reviews editor

1. Naomi Striemer, "Cars" (S Records).
2. Anna Nalick, "Breathe (2 AM)" (Columbia).
3. Rascal Flatts, "What Hurts the Most" (Lyric Street).
4. Anthony Callea, "Live for Love" (Sony BMG).
5. Lindsey Haun, "Broken" (Showdog).
6. Simon Webbe, "No Worries" (EMI International).
7. Celine Dion, "Let Your Heart Decide" (Epic).
8. Delta Goodrem, "Together We Are One"/"Flawed" (Sony BMG).
9. Jewel, "Again and Again" (Atlantic).
10. A sack-load of No. 10 ties that conveniently adds up to the top 20 singles, mysteriously in order, even: "Amazing," Westlife; "A Public Affair," Jessica Simpson; "Drink," Karine Hannah; "What's Left of Me," Nick Lachey; "Maybe I'm Crazy," Kim Wilde; "Sooner or Later," Duncan Jaymes; "Crazy," Gnarls Barkley; "Instrument of Peace," Olivia Newton-John; "Woman in Love," Liz McClarnon; "That's My Goal," Shayne Ward; "Everytime We Touch," Cascada

#215 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Posted by Sue
With thanks diissee

Anthony, I'm Finally Happy
Woman's Day
January, 2007

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img739.jpg

#216 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Posted by diissee

Pop Republic - Album Review Of A New Chapter
January, 2007

Anthony Callea
A New Chapter

Whilst the rest of the world are thinking that Anthony's second album is track after track of power ballads, his die hard fans, and those of us lucky enough to cotton on quick enough are finding out that this is a stellar offering that will not only satisfy the 'balladeers' but also we picky pop rock punters, who only like quality in our music.

Track after track on this album, Callea proves that he can certainly write a tune, some strong enough to take on the likes of Ben Moody (ex-Evanescence) and the big hit makers of Sweden like Max Martin. This is definitely not puerile sugar-coated-pop, its soulful, well structured proper pop music that will appeal to a large market that like great lyrics, smooth vocals and style.

A new chapter seems to be the best thing for Anthony, my advice, is go out and give it a listen, Stand out tracks include 'Addicted To You', 'Perfect Mistake' and 'Stranded'.

4/5 POPpoints

#217 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Posted by miss_callea

* Image Only
Addicted 2 You..... Cd Artwork

http://img224.images...1056/a2uxi2.jpg

#218 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Posted by foobs

* Images Only
2007 "Addicted To You" Video Shoot
See "Photos" www.anthonycallea.com.au

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-6.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-2.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-5.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-4.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-3.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...ouvideoshoo.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...Youvideos-7.jpg

#219 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Posted by crazy4callea
With thanks Mz Callea

Great Escapes
Herald Sun -Sunday Magainzine
14-1-2007

http://i104.photobuc...12007_00000.jpg

Anthony Callea, singer

At the beginning of the year, I was lucky enough to take five mates on this amazing 18m yacht, cruising the Whitsundays. It has to be one of my favourite places - the islands, the waterways, Whitehaven Beach. It's so untouched and tranquil. Apart from living it up in absolute luxuary, we went snorkelling, turtle-spotting, fishing and sailing. The most fun was jumping off the boat straight into the cyrstal-blue waters. Although, as it was stinger season, we had to wear super-daggy stinger suits! And did I mention we had our own chef?
If only I could do it again...

#220 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

Posted by callea-ly_perfect

Disney Adventures Magazine
Anthony Interview

Hey Anthony! How's life going now Idol is over?

The past six months have been great. It's given me time to reflect on what's happened and work on my new album, A New Chapter. I started writing it a year ago, which allowed me to make sure I was choosing the right songs. I really hate rushing important things!

Any cool moments filming the video clips?

Live for Love was the first clip I've ever filmed in a studio rather than on location, so it was a completely different experience for me.

So do you have famous best buddies now?

You meet famous people at events, but I've kept the same group of friends that I had before Idol. Sometimes you can get lost in the world of entertainment and you need the real people around you.

Do you need to drink green slime to keep those vocal cords so smooth?

No, but before a gig, I always drink some pineapple juice - apparently it helps get rid of the phlegm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users