Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:43 AM

janellehanna
Dec 20 2007, 06:25 PM

An update from the vision australia website.

Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight sneak preview

20 December 2007

With tickets now sold out to Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, Melburnians are being offered a unique opportunity to get a sneak preview of the show at the official rehearsal night.

This is a great chance to see the performers while they complete their final sound checks and rehearsals before their big appearance on Christmas Eve.

Ray Martin will play host to this year's star studded line up including Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight Ambassador Anthony Callea, The Choir of Hard Knocks, Natalie Gauci, Kate Ceberano, Rob Mills, Gorgi Quill, Denis Walter, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, Rachel Beck, Ian Stenlake, Jon Stevens and Hi 5, plus many more.

Vision Australia's CEO, Gerard Menses added, "Families are encouraged to come to rehearsal night and join in the fun, the magic and the spirit of generosity that has made Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight synonymous with Christmas."

"Myer is very proud to be involved with Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight as the event celebrates its 50th year anniversary at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl," said Myer CEO Bernie Brookes.

Join us on Sunday 23 December (gates open at 4.00pm)at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Please note there is no reserved seating and no capacity to purchase tickets prior to the show. Event-goers can enter by making a $5 contribution at the gate when they arrive.

All proceeds raised from this event go towards enabling children who are blind or have low vision to access and participate in every part of life they choose.

Alternatively, if you are unable to come to rehearsal night, grab a picnic blanket and join us at Federation Square, Melbourne's meeting place, on Monday 24 December. Live entertainment starts at 7.00pm and Nine Network's live broadcast will be on the big screen from 9.00pm.

Janelle

#42 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

NONNA
post Feb 21 2008, 09:01 AM

Hey Gang, It just wanted to pass on a message from the Law family, Jayne is a regular visitor on the forum and wanted to pass on a message to all of you. I want to take this opportunity to thank Jayne and her wonderful family for sharing her experience with us all.

I think the Core of the message is about there being no boundaries to how people can come into each other's lives and open up their hearts and awareness to each other and appreciating the opportunity to be a part of special moments, both personally and then taking that to a wider community with this message. That wider community for Jayne is ACOF.

user posted image

Hi ACOF members

What a wonderful time we had meeting Anthony and being able to experience Carols by Candlelight for 2007. Anthony went out of his way to be involved in everything that we did before the Carols and I was so impressed with the way he was with my three children (Jacob, Kate and Nicholas). My daughter Kate naturally fell in love with Anthony instantly and by late Christmas Eve had counted all the kisses he had given her over the couple months. Anthony you were an amazing Ambassador for Vision Australia and I can't thank you enough for your kindness and the interest that you took getting to know what Carols is all about. Have a fantastic 2008 and we wish you all the best.

Love

The Law Family
Fans Forever

Jayne has passed on another memorable moment from her family album to share with you all.

Thank you Jayne once again.

user posted image

user posted image

#43 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

iLOVEanthony
post Nov 11 2007, 10:40 AM

Anthony is to perform at Carols by Candlelight in Melbourne this year AGAIN biggrin.gif

the Herald Sun, 11th Nov, on Page 28

Lets Recap for a split second.. shall we... rolleyes.gif

user posted image
wub.gif
user posted image
wub.gif
user posted image

ITS TODAY
The day has finally come... WHAT a countdown! laugh.gif

.... until it allllllll happens again!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

When
Rehearsal night is held on 23rd December each year. Gates open at 4pm.
The Actual Carols is held on the 24th December (Christmas Eve) each year.

Where
Rehearsal Night and the Actual Night of the Carols is at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl which is located in the gardens of King's Domain Park

Tickets -- REHERSALS
Tickets cost $5 for rehearsal night and are available on the night at the gate.

There is no reserved seating. Unfortunately there is also no capacity to purchase tickets prior to the show.

Vision Australia recommends that you arrive a few hours prior to gate opening time to secure your entry. Each year there are more and more people attending the rehearsal.

Tickets -- ACTUAL NIGHT
You can purchase tickets for the actual night of the carols from Ticketmaster!

Prices are displayed on the Vision Australia Webite
http://www.visionaus....aspx?page=1188

Also, you can simply go to ticketmaster Website and get your Pricing details and tickets there
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/

Refreshments
There will be a number of healthy and affordable food and beverage choices available. Patrons can bring food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue.

Conditions of Entry
There are a number of items which patrons are not permitted to bring into the venue. These include and are not limited to alcohol, elevated seating, breakable drinking glasses, glass bottles, hard sided hampers, coolers and eskies, video cameras, any item which may impede other people's enjoyment of the show or items which are deemed dangerous. Security staff will conduct entry checks. You will need to make arrangements to store or dispose of items which are not permitted otherwise items will be confiscated.

Important: Please also note that opened bottles will be confiscated and that flash photography and video taping the show is not permitted. The use of cameras is permitted.

Bring on the Sunburn!!!! HAHA!!!! (everyone seems to get it EVERY year! laugh.gif )

xx

#44 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:58 AM

calleakenny
post Dec 23 2007, 02:19 PM

I was reading the Sunraysia Daily TV Guide the other day and they had a great interview with Anthony in it. He said he was singing traditional carols but couldn't say what they were. I hope everyone has a fantastic time tonight and tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to the show on TV.

#45 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

crazy4callea
post Dec 23 2007, 05:29 PM

Just got a phone call from Fran & i got to listen to Anth singing 'O Holy Night' (my absolute favourite christmas carol)...it was very very good!!! wub.gif he sounded AWSUM! smile.gif

#46 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

crazy4callea
post Dec 23 2007, 05:36 PM

(diissee @ Dec 23 2007, 06:34 PM) *

They just showed a little preview on the news but only showed Hi5.

O Holy night, oh how beautiful...

Di, from what i could hear, it was absolutely AMAZING! I just can't wait to see him perform it tomorrow night! biggrin.gif wub.gif
He sounded really great and was hitting all the high notes! smile.gif
Update on the hair:
Its shaved on both sides, but has left some on the top - a bit 'mohawk' like. I think the word Fran used to describe it was "emo-ish" but really "hot" laugh.gif

#47 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

connieluvsanthony
post Dec 23 2007, 09:26 PM

Hi Everyone

Just got back from Carols Rehearsals and Anthony was just brilliant as usual.

He sang 'O Holy Night' and 'Santa Claus is coming to town'.

So many young fans ran up to the stage for autographs which Anth was about to start signing but Anthony's manager came and took Anth away saying 'You have to go now Anth'. angry.gif

Here is one of my photos of the new haircut. He looked HOT HOT HOT as usual.

user posted image

#48 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

kazamigorical
post Dec 23 2007, 10:34 PM

i just got home too.

he wasn't around for very long - between about 7 - 10 mins probably at a guess.

They said he wanted to sign but they were running behind schedule so he couldn't.

He finally sang my favourite carol - O Holy Night. Just divine (no pun intended). It was brilliant and even Linda's 7 year old neice said she almost cried because he was soo good....i especially liked the second try the best - deeper and more emotion. i hope he goes with that version tomorrow night.

Loved his hair - especially the fringe, loved what he was wearing and he looked really good and awake and happy. smile.gif

I was one that stayed longer and saw Eran James and John Stevens - they were great and just wait until you see the dresses on the opening number ....WOW is all i can say! ohmy.gif

A great day overall even though it was long. Getting there at 8.00am and leaving at 10.00pm is a long one but it does go faster than work so that is always good. smile.gif THe weather behaved but was hot and cold within minutes of eachother and only rained ever so lightly for about 5mins. Such a relief.

ACOF fans were there the earliest and longest. A security guard even said to some of us he had no idea Anthony had such a large fanbase biggrin.gif. Glad they realised.

Also, crowds started to leave once Anthony performed. Granted a lot stayed too but it was early when he left and early when a lot left...i am sure he is a big drawcard!

#49 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

iLOVEanthony
post Dec 23 2007, 11:30 PM

Was a grat day/night smile.gif

Anth was GREAT on stage .. gave me goosebumps... it was disappointing that he was dragged off stage and couldnt sign autographs for the little kiddies

p.s. Mim is at my house atm... just letting you know that all that contributed to the birthday/chrissy present, it was given to a lday who is looking after Anthony tomorrow. She assured her that he will definately get it. Anthony left after singing his 2 songs smile.gif

This post has been edited by iLOVEanthony: Dec 23 2007, 11:33 PM

#50 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

janellehanna
post Dec 24 2007, 01:31 AM

Hey guys I got back to my hotel at 12:30am.

What an awesome day and night. I got there to lineup about 8:30am with carol and mandy. It was great to be able to put names to faces. All you guys from the forum I met you're all so friendly.

The day actually went fairly quickly. We didn't know if Anthony was going to come earlier before the rehearsals started but we were told that he wasn't going to arrive before 5:00pm

Sitting around talking and before you know it was time to go in.

It's the best carols I've been to even though it was only the rehearsal. I'm going to the performance as well. I can't wait. I only had 4 hours sleep before going to the rehearsal.

Hearing Anthony sing just brought tears to my eyes. The power of his voice was so amazing. O Holy Night was just outstanding. I don't think I've heard anybody else sing this as well as him.

I have enjoyed myself so much I thin I'm going to make it a yearly holiday for myself. All I can say is you forum people rock.

Heres the photos I took at the rehearsal

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

It was a little disappointing not being able to see anthony after he performed but these things can happen. They were behind time which makes it hard for all artists to do any signing.

I hope you guys enjoy the photos.

Once again it was great to meet all of you from the forum.

Janelle

user posted image

#51 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

Kezzad
post Dec 24 2007, 08:39 AM

I had a fantastic time. It is the first time that I have been to the rehearsals (I am usually at work).
Anthony was fantastic. Loved his version of both songs. I, too, especially loved the 2nd O Holy Night.
It was really disappointing that he couldn't hang around. (Hi 5 took up all the time tongue.gif )
My husband really enjoyed the night and we stayed til the end. (tired today though)

And those dresses of the opening song $80,000 worth are just......WOW

#52 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

megslovesanth
post Dec 24 2007, 12:10 PM

Hey guys! biggrin.gif

Just woke up not long ago and thought id post a small review...

We got there yesterday VERY early laugh.gif .....twas a very long day so i was glad when they let us all in.....we managed to get 2nd row seats which was great!!!

I must say the rehearsals werent as organised last night as they were last year!! ...but ohhh well thats rehearsals for youuu. smile.gif

Anthony was bloody AMAZINGGGG you should have seen all the cameras come out when he came out on stage! laugh.gif We could hear him a little bit practising behind the satge and mums like "can i hear Anthony???" i was like 'yeahhh how loud dows he sing laugh.gif " He sang 'O Holy Night...and Santa Claus Is Coming' Oh holy night was AMAZING gave me goosebumps, its going to be a standing ovation for sure...... biggrin.gif

Santa claus is coming was awesome too very boppy!

As for the hair, at first i was like huh.gif but omg it looks AWESOME very trendy biggrin.gif

You guys are in for a treat tonight smile.gif

Sorry to everyone who went...i wasnt myself laugh.gif ....pretty sick atm as most of u know.... so sorry again biggrin.gif

#53 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

Bergs
post Dec 24 2007, 12:49 PM

Hey guys

I'm only new here and I just joined as I figured you guys might like this.

There is a video and pics from yesterdays Rehearsals.

Click on that to watch the video! smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I don't know about the rest of ya but I got sunburnt quite badly! Damn it! tongue.gif

Enjoy! smile.gif

#54 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:06 AM

the_voice
post Dec 24 2007, 01:31 PM

My daughter Bianca and I got there about 1.30 yesterday there was a good crowd building noticed the forum members in front was great to catch up with some of them again we were all prepared with the long wait untill they the gates opened at 4 .00 some playing cards listening to music or chatting away happily the atmosphere was great the weather held back and didnt rain which was a bonus smile.gif

Finally they eventually opened the gates and we all made our way in smile.gif
Let me say what a treat you guys are in for tonight Anthony singing Oh Holy Night was a spine tingling perfomance for sure and he finished it off nicely with he more upbeat Santa Claus Is Coming shame he was rushed off stage after singing but hey what can you do thats how it goes suppose they have to keep things rolling smile.gif

So exciting to see how it all works behind the scenes on rehearsals night Anthony still praciting his lines at the very last minute laugh.gif
Loveing the hair style looks great smile.gif

Enjoyed so many performances last night Eran Silvie Jon Stevens The McClymonts Natalie was awesome but nearly took a tumble poor girl.
Many thanks Jen who managed to save Bianca and I great front row seats beside her very much appreciated she took some great shots of Anth cant wait for you guys to see them smile.gif

Just have to mention while listening to Dennis Walter today on 3AW talking to Ray Martin how impressed they were with the size of the crowd that turned up last night mentioned Anth as this years Ambassador and Anth telling Dennis how he always hopes to get that call to sing at The Carols smile.gif

#55 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

iLOVEanthony
post Dec 24 2007, 02:41 PM

Santa Claus is coming to town <------ this is another he is singing.. dont know if anyone has mentioned it in their reviews... he also has a small group of boys from the choir backing him up in Oh Holy night.... they stand on the stage behind him.

okay .. now... im back off to bed ... smile.gif

This post has been edited by iLOVEanthony: Dec 24 2007, 02:42 PM

#56 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

jojop72
post Dec 24 2007, 05:50 PM

wow what a day we had meet alot of people here from the forum
l had the best day but got sunburnt my face is red as
l got some pretty good shot of anth ill post later lm going tonight again
cantr wait and like to say a big thank you to
nessi for making my day the best (lots of laughs)
bec my little sis you always make me smile
amd to anth thank you for being you too

This post has been edited by jojop72: Dec 24 2007, 05:52 PM

#57 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

gadgetgirl
post Dec 24 2007, 05:51 PM

It was a matter of OH HOLY CHRIST !!!!! - O Holy night wqas just unbelievable ..... and he sang it TWICE !!!

I could hardly move it was just so spellbinding !!!!!!! & so photos werent happening at the normal rate of knots .... lol ......

Anyway, photos after my plan clocks over, I have some good ones, I think biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
gtg ..... gotta get ready for 2nite biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by gadgetgirl: Dec 24 2007, 05:52 PM

#58 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

diissee
post Dec 24 2007, 09:55 PM

How beautiful was that, I don't think I breathed the whole way through it. That note went on forever....

user posted image

Bravo Anthony.

#59 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

rshar0
post Dec 24 2007, 10:00 PM

Woot! What a phenomenal singer he is! No wonder they have him sing each year! There are so few that can take on and deliver the more challenging songs like that, particularly men. My company said, "That was the best song so far". That's a great rap given how many there have been on before this! I'm immensely proud as always. He's friggin stellar. Every time I hear Anthony sing I think how awe-inspiring he is and realise how much like "home" hearing him feels. He really carries the emotion in his voice as well as having all the range and technical ability and it is pleasure divine to hear him.

This post has been edited by rshar0: Dec 24 2007, 10:01 PM

#60 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:12 AM

gadgetgirl
post Dec 25 2007, 08:16 AM

OMG

ANTHONY WAS amazing !!!!

I managed to do the seat sneak about 10pm .... lol ..... had a lucky break biggrin.gif ...... and was up close for O Holy Night !!!! OMG he did such a sublime job !!!

Unfortunately, silly me left my camera at home ..... I was a lot peeved with myself .... but tossed it so as to enjoy the night. Sorry guys, no pics from me from Carols night ....

ANTHONY YOU SURPASSED YOURSELF !!!!!!!

Thanks you for an amazing night !!!!!

My other favorite - Sylvie - OMG I love her voice !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Everyone else was fabulous ! It was such a fun night !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I love Carols by Candlelight !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Anthony did a quick in the break interview with Ray & one bit of new info (well a little bit of clarification, anyway). He said he was going to be hitting the recording studio end of January, early February.

oooohhhh .... new album in the winds !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by gadgetgirl: Dec 25 2007, 08:19 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users