• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

- Thank you to ALL members who contributed to this thread -

NONNA
post Feb 15 2006, 09:26 PM

user posted image

WELL Finally we made it
MR ANTHONY COSMO CALLEA took his time. He grooved and boogied a little too hard, got lost in cyber space ended up in Milan again.
Didn't want to make it to London!!!
The truth is it took him like 25 times to try and hit the target!!!
shshs Don't tell anyone!!!user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Finally, the eternal flame is alight our unity, our dedication, determination and belief will burn forever. To Infinity and Beyond!!!

-UNITED BY THE SPIRIT

ANTHONY has passed on the baton to Andrew CALLEA UK.
Andrew is ready to strut out tomorrow UK time and take us on his journey!!
HOLD THE BATON UP WITH PRIDE!!!
user posted image

Allow me to introduce the ACOF GAMES THEME SONG.
Thank U Jen for the Lyrics, Music (chariots of Fire)

Anthony Callea
He�s entered our hearts
We dedicate these Games
To our dearest Star

Here on ACOF
We�d do anything
To show him how greatly
We love Anthony

Chorus
He taught us to rise above the world
And give it our best
We emulate all the things he does
We know we are blessed

Uni-i-ted by the Spi-irit
Of ACOF
And i-in the Name of Anthony
Let the ga-ames begin

Verse 2
United we stand tall
In the name of our Anth
He taught us to strive hard
And give life our all

Beli-eve in yourself
Our Anthony says
Don�t let anyo-one
Pu-ut you down

Chorus

Verse 3
Anthony's become
Our inspiration
A rising Sensation
He�s only begun

His hard work has paid off
His perfection too
We learned if you work hard
Your dreams can come true

Repeat part Verse 1
Anthony Callea
He�s entered our hearts
We dedicate these Games
To our dearest Star

Baton relay schedule is as follows:

Feb

15th Anthony Cosmo Callea
16th Callea UK. UK.
17th Canadian fan, PAt111 Canada
18th Bkstchick69 USA
19th Candy/Fongo Hong Kong
20th Sunnyside (jes) New Zealand
Voice Of Reason
21st Fremantle Mariyana
22nd Perth Calleasgirl/Jolo/Lil-Sam
24th Adelaide Scooby Mim, Alltheway4anthony2, Hellilac, Marie,

26th Tasmania Calleaworld, bankjc, Lea, Amazed
27th Far North Queensland Jina, Becs, Luvn-callea(per sempre) (sarah),DeJay

28th Brisbane-QLD GEK, Moonshine, Kissandtell

Mar

1st NSW Mucha, Anthonytiamo,Shanzy, Batgirl
2nd Sydney
5th CANBERRA Calleaz_baybeeh_gal
7th COUNTRY VICTORIA Deli, Take it to the Heart, ~luvnanthony~
Callea4President Crazy4Callea
9th MELBOURNE[/color]
[/B]

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Callea_UK
post Feb 16 2006, 09:47 AM

Hey all!

I have the Baton here in Southampton England! For those who dont know Southampton, its in the South of England and is one of the UK's most important cities.

Southampton is now a worldwide name thanks to the Titanic which began its maiden Voyage from here in 1912!

user posted image

Heres some pics:- user posted image
Tudor house- user posted image
Bargate:- user posted image

A fact about England:- There are seven completely different English accents! and the Idol TV show first debuted here in England as Pop Idol back in 2001!

For those who dont know who I am. My name is Andrew (nick name:- AJ) and im 22 and im a radio presenter, Paranormal researcher, Animal welfare person and Volunteer coordinator.

Obviously im a fan of Anthony Callea and i liked him when i saw ep1 one of Aussie idol 2 (which i saw an hour after Sydney) and supported him since.

My favourite song has to he 'Rain' and Im a fan because Anthony has an amazing voice, hes down to earth and he he is dedicated to the business! The best talent!

I was lucky enough to meet Anthony in London England in December (our capital city) ive also played his songs on my radio show!

Thats it from the UK! Its over to our good friends in Canada!

Until the next time...Seacrest out!..

PS:- they are big pics but i dont know how to resize them...

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

canadian_fan
post Feb 17 2006, 11:45 AM

Hello Everyone! The baton is now in Ottawa, Canada (the capital city).
user posted image

Right now it is the night of the 16th, but for some of yous, it is the 17, so I though I best be posting this now. My name is Kris, I am 14 years old. I am in grade 9, that's pretty much all I do, except the normal kid stuff.

I live in a small town called Stittsville, which a couple years back it was not part of Ottawa, but of course, Ottawa got bigger and took over more land. Now the area of Ottawa is also refered to Ottawa-Gatineau or Ottawa-Hull, that being because Ottawa is right on the border of Ontario and Quebec, so they include it all as one. Because of Ottawa being the capital city and being right on the border of Ontario and Quebec, Ottawa is bilingual. So in school, everyone has to learn french. If you know french, the chances of getting a good, high paying job are really high. A couple weeks ago, Canada went through a federal election, and we now are under a conservative government. Some big tourist hits in Ottawa are the Peace Tower (the clock tower on the Parliment Buildings) and the famous canal, where you c an skate all night and enjoy a delicious yummy beaver tail. Canada came into existence on July 1, 1867. Here are a few pictures:

user posted image
<<Map Of Ottawa>>

user posted image
<<Peace Tower>>

user posted image
<<Parliment Building>>

user posted image
<<Canal>>

user posted image
<<Canadian Flag>>

user posted image
<<Canada Day on Parliment Hill>>

I first heard of Anthony in Sydney when I was visiting my sister and I just loved his voice. It's one of the most nicest voices I have ever heard before. Since the first time I heard him, I liked every one of his songs and now I am a big fan.

My favourite song by Anthony would have to be either 'The Prayer', 'Per Sempre' or 'I Want You'.

Now unfourtunatly, I have not had the pleasure of meeting him, but some day it's be pretty cool to meet him. Well that's all from cold Canada. Now off to the U.S.A i do believe.

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Bkstchick69
post Feb 17 2006, 11:07 PM

Hello Everyone! The baton is now in the USA.

Well let me start by introducing myself. My name is Maria and I am a junior in college. I attend Long Island University and love the college life. I have lived in New York City since I was 6 years old. I have enjoyed living in the city and can't imagine living anywhere else. Besides Anthony my other musical interest are the Backstreet Boys... I have been a fan of their's since I was 12 years old. I have been lucky enough to attend multiple concerts and had the chance to meet them this year... what a dream come true. I actually discovered Anthony only this year... I actually had heard about Guy Sebastian because he performed on American Idol once before.. so I started searching on Australian Idol and came across Anthony's performance of the Prayer and was totally blown away. I purchased his album and listen to it constantly. Hopefully one day I will get the chance to see him live... I really think he should cross over and try out the states I think he would really be successful.

Well as for New York... it is one of the best places to visit. Broadway shows have to be my favorite to go and see in Manhattan. Just walking around Manhattan is amazing just looking up at tall buildings and seeing the diversity of what this city brings is GREAT!!
Here are some pictures:

Pre- 911... One of the most tragic things I ever experienced... I was actually at home and saw the buildings in smoke it was horrible.. but as New Yorkers everyone stuck together and got through this.
user posted image
The Light
This shined every anniversary day for september 11.... it is a beautiful scene... the light can be seen anywhere through out the city.

Well thanks for reading and hoped you enjoyed!

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

anthonyrox4ever
post Feb 18 2006, 03:29 PM

user posted image
I THINK THIS IS APPROPRIATE!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

we should use it more often!!! lol!!!!

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

canballball
post Feb 19 2006, 11:53 AM

Hey, the acof baton is now in Hong Kong !!!!!!! :w00t:

I m Candy original from Hong Kong. Luckily, i have a great opportunity to go to Melbourne for study since 2004. The only tv show that i watched in the first year was Aussie Idol 2~ it was so fun, and i noticed there have a cute Italain boy can sing very very well!! I started like him....

HK have tall building/architecture everywhere

Hong Kong is simply dazzling. Hong Kong was owned by British; China get us back in 1997. So there have the distinctive blend of East and West in this dynamic city!

Hong Kong is very famous of Shopping and Eating!! lol
u can find anything u want in Hong Kong!!! and they ar almost with low price~

so glad i can run with Anthony smile.gif , i think he will post on here soon
(i still not see him on msn yet)

Candy in Hong Kong

This post has been edited by canballball: Feb 19 2006, 11:54 AM

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

fongo
post Feb 19 2006, 12:50 PM

ha loh (Cantonese for Hello)

ACOF nei ho ma? (Cantonese for How Are You ACOF?)

I'm Anthony and I'll be your tour guide, and I am running the Hong Kong baton relay leg with Candy, and really glad to run with her too. I was born in Melbourne, but my family originate from Hong Kong, and Southern China. I've just recently come back from a trip to Hong Kong over Chinese New Year, and had soo much fun.

Well as you can see Cantonese is the main language spoken here in Hong Kong, it's quite different to Mandarin which is the more common dialect of the Chinese language. Cantonese is a more oral dialect, and many words are slang and cannot be written, although the language that is written is written in the same script as Mandarin. But don't worry, in Hong Kong alot of people speak english, as Candy said it was once a British colony, and as I only speak a little bit of Cantonese, it was good to know that they speak both, just incase they didn't quite understand my pronunciation.

I love big cities, big city skylines, I'm infatuated by them and if you love them too then Hong Kong is the place to go, because there is so much you can do, shopping in shops, catering for all demographics, smart casual or designer, Hong Kong has it all and also the night markets (where you can bargain and buy fake designer handbags, watches, wallets, movies, jewellery etc), and most shops are open till late at night. There is also Hong Kong Disneyland, Ocean Park (which is like a Sea World), and The Peak (where you can get a bird's eye view of this amazing city) and the tram ride up is a fun experience.

The Exchange rate is usually quite good, so it makes shopping more fun, perfumes and aftershaves are very cheap in Hong Kong, they are about half price. The food is amazing, the roast meats, yum cha, congee, chinese cakes and no trip is complete without getting yourself a Mango Drink, with coconut cream, and jellies.

Hong Kong also have the smartest train system that I have ever experienced, with swipe cards that you don't need to take out of your wallet, purse or even bag, just swipe, they are called octopus cards, you put a deposit on it, and add as much money as you need, and when you're done, you can get your deposit back. All trains come every 5 minutes, and within only a matter of minutes you can travel from the Kowloon side to Hong Kong island, the train stations are called MTR, and the trains are amazing, reliable and so clean too.

The baton has been on a big tour of Hong Kong- shopping, eating, boat cruises, train rides, Disneyland, The Peak and visiting Buddha's..its a very spoilt baton hehe, so to see its travels click here:

http://photobucket.c.....0Baton Relay/

It was heaps of fun running with you Candy biggrin.gif .

Baai Baai from Heung Gong (Goodbye from Hong Kong in Cantonese)

Fongo (Anthony) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fongo: Feb 19 2006, 05:22 PM

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

voiceofreason
post Feb 20 2006, 09:24 PM

I now have the baton from Sunnyside and she will tell you about Auckland a bit later. I am not as clever as Candy and cannot show you a picture of it in my hand as I cannot take a picture of myself and there is nobody with me but here is the baton.

user posted image

Hello everyone. I am voiceofreason (Bev) originally from London having lived most of my life there. Wellington is my adopted home of about the last 14 years. Yes I have one of those accents Andrew spoke of, though mine is not the posh London one but the Cockney accent as I come from East London. I have two sons aged 23 and 19 who both still live at home. My great loves apart from family & friends are music but I am primarily a voice and lyrics person, books, children & animals. Other interests are travel, history, psychology, sociology, child & animal welfare, restaurants, theatre, movies. I have traveled extensively and therefore have had the opportunity to see many great international artists in concert. I became a fan of Anthony when I heard his voice on audition night on idol and I heard all I needed to hear. Who could have known it was only going to get better and better. He is just awesome, the best I have ever heard. I have traveled out of town to see an artist before but never overseas. Anthony is the only artist that has inspired me to want to do that, especially more than once .Well that�s enough about me on with the show.

Well I have been training for this run but I did find that I was not covering as much ground as quickly as usual when on a run. I am not sure if it is something to do with the Spirit of the Games itself or the wonderful ACOF Games Theme that gadgetgirl wrote that I would sing as I went about my training. The thing is as the tune hummed through my head I would find myself moving in slow motion just like the athletes at the end of Chariots of Fire (You have to have seen the movie). It�s all very moving stuff or, not moving if you happen to be me wanting to make sure I get to meet the flight to Freemantle on time.

Anyway on account of this I would start my training early to avoid the traffic so it was usually still dark as I left the beautiful valley that I live in. Tranquil yet only 15 minutes by car from the latest Westfield Mall and 30 minutes from downtown Wellington City. One day as I reached Petone Foreshore just past the Mall area the sun was only just starting to rise and what a site it was.

user posted image

Wellington City has a population of 163,824 with the Wellington Regions population being 423,765. The region has the third highest population of New Zealand though Wellington is the Capital of New Zealand. Wellington is set between a magnificent harbour and rolling green hills.
It is a very arty city with many galleries, museums and theatres as well as boutique shopping and designer labels. There are the usual street and waterfront caf�s, restaurants & bars. Amazingly for the centre of town wildlife sanctuaries and the zoo are only minutes away.
Some interesting facts about Wellington:-
Wellington is the world�s most southern capital.
Wellington was the first Capital City to see the millennium
Nearly all Wellington residents are within 3 km of the sea
Wellington has the greatest proportion of open space land per capita at 17.3 ha for every 1000 people
There is over 60,000 hours of reading material in Te Papa (National Museum)
Ok so as I run around the harbour on my runs on a beautiful day in Wellington these are some of the stunning views I would see

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

The beach at Oriental Bay � Millionare�s row. You would get some funny looks sitting here with a flaming baton in the flaming heat so I think it is probably good that I did not have the baton when I sat here today. Callea Fever has not spread here yet so they don�t get it - especially if I was singing some strange anthem to the tune of �Chariots of Fire�. They might send the men in white coats for me so lets move along

user posted image

This above view may be familiar to Lord of the Rings fans. This is the scene where Frodo senses the Dark Riders coming and warns his companions to hide under a tree.

Well what an honour this is now lets take the baton on a bit more site seeing in Wellington a very beautiful City.

So we are back down in the city now and just swung by the Civic square for you, it is pretty nice at night

user posted image

I had better head off to catch the plane to Freemantle to pass the baton to mairanya

Okay one last look at beautiful Wellington before I board the plane

user posted image

Well the plane has taken off now and I am looking forward to seeing mairanya. It is a shame that this is a flying visit to hand over the baton and I cannot get off and have a look at lovely Freemantle one of the few places in Australia I have not been. I have enjoyed carrying the baton and showing you my city and mairanya will now show you her home town.

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

mairanya
post Feb 21 2006, 10:54 PM

It's lovely to know you have patient friends - and that they hang on your every post laugh.gif
Sorry this is about half of it.

Here we are finally in Fremantle, Western Australia

My name isn�t mairanya - in fact half the time I can�t spell it. ACOF just wouldn�t validate my original name of anya (not my real name either) so I added the Welsh for Mary and re-registered.
I was originally from Wales � not far from Swansea, home of Steve Balsamo, but have lived in Australia for a long time. Along the way, I lived in Paris, London and Melbourne, even Spain for a few months, then country WA, but it�s all years ago now.
From that you should work out I am in that 35+ bracket - at least!
I live with 8 gorgeous ACCs*** and a cat, a few minutes from the long string of beaches that start at the southern edge of Fremantle. Most of my spare time is spent writing, listening to music, cooking, eating, meeting friends. I love films and the theatre. This time of year is always brilliant as the Perth International Arts Festival is on and there�s so much to see and do, apart from it being summer.

I couldn�t get everyone into a pic at once but here are a couple of my friends.

B2 is only pretending to cook so he can wear the apron and 'test' the chocolate.

user posted image

B3 is looking so happy because he�s off to look at the clothes shops on Market St.

user posted image

B1 pulled rank. He reckons he�s Number 1. In that outfit, he could be right.

user posted image

It�s hard to explain Fremantle to someone who hasn�t visited. It�s WA�s major port, a city in its own right with an atmosphere quite different from anywhere else in the state. It�s full of designers, musicians, artists and brilliant food, always has so much going on - and yet has a population of only around 25,000.

First, there�s the sea which is its reason for being. The development of the port was overseen by C.Y.O�Connor, the state Engineer-in-Chief, from 1892 to May 1897. He was later responsible for the Kalgoorlie pipeline but due to some nasty politics he committed suicide on South Beach in March 1902 after riding his horse into the sea. There�s a memorial statue in the water not far from my house.
You rarely get away from the sea as you move through the streets. It constantly appears unexpectedly as you turn a corner, through the enormous dockland cranes, the masts of sailing boats or a massive liner that suddenly parks at the bottom of Queen St, like an instant apartment block.

user posted image

Fremantle has no high-rise buildings due to a policy residents fight to maintain and only a few buildings even go above three storeys. Conservation rules are very strict and it has been described (probably by the local tourist board laugh.gif ) as the best example of an Australian late nineteenth century/early twentieth town. You see the local limestone in both old and modern construction. New buildings are very often at the cutting edge of domestic architecture rather than conventional suburban houses and there are lots of industrial conversions.

Despite its size, Fremantle does have a large number of 'sights', mostly beautifully convict designed and built (we think that's a compliment - very weird) in the local limestone.

The Round House was the original jail.
user posted image

The 'newer' Jail itself is now a major tourist attraction, with a wealth of interesting things to see and hear about. Like a lot of Fremantle buildings, it even has its own ghost.
user posted imageuser posted image

The Fremantle Arts Centre is a converted womens' asylum with a sad history and another ghost, but it's now a hive of activity with art classes, exhibitions, cafe, craft shop and live music. Every Sunday from October to April there's free music in the grassed courtyard.
John Butler, who used to busk at the markets not far from there, played here (not free!) a month ago.

Massive thank you to Kerri (mucha) for manipulating Anthony so well wink.gif

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Continued...

The older Maritime Museum contains the history of WA's shipwreck coast.

user posted image

The new WA Maritime Museum, built partly in the sea, was designed to echo the shape of an upturned boat and engineered to withstand the tides and currents.

user posted image

But it's not all history.

The Fremantle Markets are packed at weekends with tourists and locals.

Because of the Mediterranean climate, there are lots of outdoor activities - films and concerts, street theatre and always outdoor eating.
The Cappuccino strip is just a long continuous strip of coffee shops/cafes wih outdoor tables - a lovely place to watch the world go by in true European fashion.
user posted image

Fremantle uses every excuse to close South Terrace and have a street party; among others, there's the Food festival, the Sardine Festival, the Buskers Festival, the Fashion Festival to display the work of Fremantle designers, as well as the various markets and buskers all year round.
Here's the Fremantle Festival parade, the end of a week of exhibitions, parties and street events.
user posted image

The Blessing Of The Fleet is a famous festival that originated in Italy.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

calleasgirl
post Feb 22 2006, 12:11 PM

Haha I have been to Fremantle Prison and it quite unnerved me really. Quite spooky......anyway thanks Marianya for the baton and ........

Welcome to Perth everyone!!!

Well it was 40 degrees here yesterday so I am going to be jogging slow around the city today. Follow me as I take you around some sites....

user posted image

Here is the beautiful sunrise in Perth

user posted image

Perth is one of the most isolated capital cities in the world, but such a stunning and beautiful place to grow up and live. It is a clean, scenic city. The city is divided into north and south by the stunning Swan River.
W.A is the only state in Australia where the sun can be seen setting over the vast Indian ocean - creating stunning sunsets with no two ever the same...
Perth is the sunniest city in Australia, averaging 8 hours of sunlight each day. Hence we don't follow the rest of the country in daylight saving lol!

Let's take a look around shall we..

Barracks st jetty
user posted image

Swan river during the day
user posted image

Narrows bridge
user posted image

Parliament house
user posted image

War memorial in Kings Park
user posted image

Our beautiful university
user posted image

Beautiful Cottesloe beach with the Indiana Tea House
user posted image

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Continued .....

Kwinana freeway at night
user posted image

Perth at night
user posted image

South perth at night (near where I live)
user posted image

Western Australia has over 12,000 species of wildflowers including orchids, banksias, eucalypts, grevillias and kangaroo paws (this pic)
user posted image

We are famous for our black swan ( one of our state emblems)
user posted image

These swan bells on our foreshore (built a few years ago) is the largest musical instrument in the world
user posted image

W.A.'s isolation, limited population and two massive oceans has provided a full range of temperatures that has created a very diverse and beautiful marine environment offering experiences unique to this part of the world
user posted image

My name is Donna and I am 24 years of age. I am of Finnish origin but I was born in W.A. I am a clinical nurse specialist/midwife and currently studying to become a G.P. I have been a fan of Anthony since The Prayer and he amazes me with his talent and for the person that he is.

I hope you liked your visit to my beautiful state.....please come and visit sometime.....and that means you too Anth!!!

Now we have to organize the trip to Adelaide. biggrin.gif

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

jolo
post Feb 22 2006, 05:31 PM

Here are some more places in and around Perth . . . including some of my favourite destinations.

Subiaco Oval - aka the home of the West Coast Eagles, Fremantle Dockers and our new Super 14 Rugby team the Western Force.

user posted image

Western Australian Cricket Association aka the WACA - home of the Western Warriors.

user posted image

Hillary's Boat Harbour - lovely beach with beautiful restaurants and scenery.

user posted image

Kings Park Botanical Gardens

user posted image

Araleun Tulips - Every year when the tulips come into season, there is a walk that you can do at the Araleun National Park, and the gardens look like a blanket of tulips.

user posted image

Prix DeAmour - Rose Porteous's famous house that is soon to be demolished

user posted image

AQWA - The Aquarium of Western Australia

user posted image

Mundaring Weir - A dam up in the hills of Perth - overflowed several years ago, although this is a rare occurence.

user posted image

Swan Valley Vineyards and Winerys

user posted image

Most of the Perth's main scenery eg the city skyline etc and Fremantle have already been covered, but I do agree with you all, Perth is a beautiful city, and at the moment, I can't really imagine living anywhere else. I decided to pick out a few different destinations around Perth that I've visited that I really enjoyed.

My names Joanne, I'm 19 and I live in what as known in Perth as the foothills. I've been a fan of Anthony ever since I saw his audition on Idol, and can literally not wait to see him!!! smile.gif I hope you all enjoy looking at the photos, as much as I enjoy living here!

Thankyou for including Perth, I've really loved it!

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

lil_sam
post Feb 22 2006, 06:58 PM

my favourite part of perth... SPRING IN THE VALLEY!!!

mainly for those over the legal drinking age... but also something for those who arent...

spring in the valley is just a HUGE tourist weekend where everyone gets on tour buses and goes to every winery and brewery in the swan valley area (which happens to be just round the corner for me! laugh.gif)

there is entertainment at the belvoir ampitheatre (usually), horse events, great food, great wine, great beer, and lots of fun!

spring in the valley world cup jumping series:
user posted image
user posted image

beautiful vineyards:
user posted image

altho it isnt all about spring in the valley...
we have:

cottesloe to rottnest swim:
user posted image

perth cup & summer racing carnival:
user posted image

perth city to surf fun run (ya run from the city to the surf! for fun! laugh.gif)

the other girls have already covered most of perth... i just thought id add a lil more! biggrin.gif

My name is Samantha, I'm 18 and I live in Brigadoon... its the country of Perth (right in the heart of the Swan Valley). I've been a fan of Anthony for as long as I can remember (semi finals I think). I can't wait for anthony to come back here and see more of our beautiful city! I hope you enjoyed a lil journey through my parts of perth! I love this place!

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

scooby
post Feb 24 2006, 07:36 AM

Wow the baton has finally arrived in Adelaide and what a wonderful journey it has been so far. Thanks everyone in Perth - it looks like an amazing place!

Now to Adelaide.....

Having moved from Sydney (Leumeah actually) to Adelaide 3 years ago, I have fallen in love with this city. Although the Adelaide CBD is not much bigger than Parramatta (if not smaller), there are many beautiful things about Adelaide which convinced my family and I to stay.

user posted image
user posted image

There is also Glenelg with its beach and Moseley square (where the trams stop and turn around to go back to the city)

user posted image

The botanical gardens, which as a family we love to wander around.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The Torrens lake which is part of the Torrens river that passes through the city region. A great place to enjoy a walk or to ride along.

user posted image

The Adelaide Oval � which as a cricket fan is a must!!

user posted image

Hi everyone, my name is Bernie and I am a married mother of two gorgeous boys and one very understanding husband. I would have to admit that I only fell in love with Anthony�s voice during the end of the 2004 Idol shows. But then even more so after Idol- listening to Amazed and Angel over and over and over again! Anth has a talent, which in a very beautiful way, has a profound effect on those who enjoy his music. Such a musical pleasure can come along so rarely in ones lifetime � so thankyou Anthony!

Well I'll pass the banner along to my fellow Adeladian ACOF members and continue to enjoy the journey.

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

alltheway4anthony2
post Feb 24 2006, 06:37 PM

Postcards from Adelaide

By Stacy, Mim and Kanisa

user posted image
Well here we are, the baton has finally made it's way down to little old Adelaide.AND it landed in the NEW airport. Yes it's finally up and running after 5 months. hahaha Adelaide is often refered to as a "Big Country Town", but let us tell you, we do actually have quite a bit to offer down here. You'll be able to tell from all the lovely pictures (which were put so nicely together by Stacy ) Seeing as though Stacy, Kanisa and myself live within 5 mins of eachother, we've decided to tell you a little about our state together. Before we get into though, here's a little about ourselves.......

Hi ACOF,
I'm Stacy 25 from Adelaide. My username on the forum is alltheway4anthony2. IIhave been a fan since idol and my support, admiration and appreciation for Anthony and his music has continued to grow from strength to strength as Anthony's journey continues to evolve.
Whilst from little old Adelaide I have been very fortunate to attend many interstate performances and all the effort was worth it, even the jet lag, just to see Anthony himself as well as meet many of you, the fantastic ACOF members.
You will see many of my threads etc if you look including the ACOF calendar which is totally hot and you should all check it out.
My other interests include shopping(more than the average person,just ask my credit cards, they will tell you the truth) listening to music (other than Anth it's hard, but you have to try) I love AFL (go the Bombers) tennis (Go Roger, Aus Open winner 2006) I love going out to dinners, spending time with my friends and yes because of Anthony and a trip overseas last year I have caught the travel bug which perfectly compliments my growing incurable Callea Fever.
I can't wait to see what comes next for Anthony, but just hurry up and bring out a new song would you please, we are dying over here Anth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you ever need any help with anything drop me a line through email or visit the Adelaide meet up thread and I'll be sure to get your message.
Lots of love Stacy

Most of you would know me but for those of you who don't my name is Mim. I've lived in Adelaide all my life. Yes Adelaide would seem quiet to all of you that come from the "Big City" but it's really not all that bad. Although in saying that, if it wasn't for my family and close friends, i probably wouldn't be here. The thing i love about Adelaide is that everything is so close. I literally live 2 mins from the airport, 15 mins from work, 15 mins from the beach and 10 mins from the city. Now a little about myself. I work for a building company in the accounts department. I've been there for nearly 4 years. It's a great company to work for BUT it's not my "dream" job. Ideally i would love to be a PA for someone famous. Like i said that's my "dream job BUT hey dreams can come true can't they???
What are my interests???? Well i love spending time with my friends, going out for coffees, movies and of course SHOPPING, especially for shoes. I just love shoes.
Who are my favourite artists??? Like Anth i love Tina Arena. I've been a fan of hers since her YTT days (yes i know i'm showing my age) for most of you if it wasn't for Anth alot of you probably wouldn't even know what YTT stood for. haha I also love John Farnham and Cosima, i think all 3 have brilliant voices. Westlife are great as well. I just love their albums, i could listen to them over and over again, great songs. AND of course my number 1 fave is Mr Anthony Callea. To me there is no other, his voice just amazes me. From day one (his first audition) i knew this young man was going to be a superstar. I know Anth has captured the hearts of millions and it will soon be billions once he cracks the OS market. I could go on for hours and hours about this guy but i won't because it won't be anything that you don't already know.
Anyway i hope you all enjoy the stop over in Adelaide and if you haven't been here before, come and visit us one day, i'm sure you'll like it.

Love Mim

Hi everyone. I'm Kanisa or most of you'd know me as Hellilac. No...I think most of you'd know me from my drawings...regardless of what my name is..

There's nothing in my life suggested that I'd end up the way I'm now; a dovoted fan of a young Australian singer name Anthony Callea. Let's see...

I wasn't supposed to know him. I wasn't born overseas and if it hadn't been for the divorce betweeen my parents my mum wouldn't have met my aussie stepdad and married him and I wouldn't even have a chance to set my foot on Australian ground.

I wasn't supposed to like him. I was a sport fan who'd only worshiped those guys who're so heroic and larger-than-life. The ones who could give me the victorious moments that lifted my spirit to the sun. He's the first non-sport person that I've ever hailed as my hero. Who'd have thought singing could be heroic. I listened to him hitting those glory notes and I felt like watching the no.1 tennis player serving aces and the moment he sang The Prayer was as impressive as watching athletes breaking the world record.

I wasn't supposed to love his vioce or his songs. ... The type of music I've been listenned to are a million miles away from the type of songs he's been singing. Let's say his album is the 1st non-metal album I've purchased in the past 10 years that could make it to my regular play lists. My neigboures would thank him for that. But I'm a sucker for the greatness. It's when Anthony sang ANGELS that his voice caught my attention but it's his performance of THE REASON that branded me as his fan and when he sang THE PREYER he's become my hero. When he's my hero he's become an everlasting supply for my greatness craving.

I wasn't supposed to draw him. I gave up drawing years before he showed up....Somehow he made me start drawing and continue doing it as if I'd never given it up..

Anyway..here I am. A proud ACOF member. A proud Anthony Callea fan.

And welcome to Adelaide..eventhough I'm pretty new here as well..

Love Kanisa
.....................................................................................................................

user posted image
Often people refer to Adelaide as being the City of Churches. I still haven't quite worked out how we got that tag though. As you can see from the pictures we have some stunning looking churches, but don't be fooled, some have been turned into nightclubs (Mim's secret hang out, she thinks we don't know but we do.. sshh). But seriously some are so beautiful, especially St Peters Cathedral in North Adelaide, that there are huge waiting lists if you want to get married there. There are many non catholic churches. All are just gorgeous.
.......................................................................................................................

user posted image
Adelaide has an array of beautiful beaches, as is evident in the drawings. They are quite the tourist destination and a real hot spot for both young and old during the warmer months in the year. Although of late, the precinct has catered for the cooler months also. You will find some amazing restaurants mini markets on the weekend and just some plain becautiful scenery at Adelaides two most famous beaches, Henley Beach and Glenelg, the latter has undergone so much redevelopment of late that had you been there even 5 years beforehand you would fail to recognise it.

.......................................................................................................................

user posted image

Yes those little footy mini mascots are another example of Adelaide's leading artists works. Here Kanisa has attempted to explain the significant rivalry between Adelaide's 2 AFL teams, the Adelaide Crows and Port Power. Every year we have 2 showdowns throughout the premiership season, it is the time of year that the state is divided. On the one hand we have the Pride of South Australia, the mighty Adelaide crows, and then we have Port Power( I don't have much to say about them so I will refrain hehehe). South Aussies like the Vic's have aussie rules as the number 1 sport. More often than not the newspaper (we only have 1) will be full of footy and player updates. I would dare say they would have to be Adelaide's biggest celebrities... after Guy Sebastian and ""COME ON"" Lleyton Hewitt. Credit to both our teams though who have both managed to win 3 premierships between them in the last 9 years. Woo hoo!

user posted image
Adelaide is known to many as the festival state. The public, media and government are really in support of the performing arts industry and we have so many festivals each year especially in the earlier months of the year. Some such festivals are the Adelaide bank Festival of Arts, the Cabaret Festival, Womadelaide and the biggest being the fringe. The fringe comes about every 2 years for 2 weeks and brings together artists from around the world. From street performers, comedians to main theatre productions, Adelaide is the place to be when the Fringe is on. The diversity of all the cultures is just amazing. An event definitely not to be missed, except for tonight because it is raining like you wouldn't believe. Which is a real shame because all those people you see in the pics, they are down Rundle st for the big parade/street party which attracts 100, 000 people. So if you enjoy entertainment and are thinking of coming to Adelaide, this is the time to do so.

user posted image
The Clipsal 500 V8 Supercar Championship Series has been in Adelaide since 1999. It�s Australia�s largest domestic motor sport event. Adelaide certainly comes alive in March with the event attracting massive crowds.
The circuit was created in 1985 for a round of the FIA Formula One World Championship, bringing Grand Prix racing to Australia for the first time.
In its 11 year history as a Grand Prix circuit, the city of Churches was the scene of some of the most memorable moments. Hosting the Grand Prix was fantastic for Adelaide because people came from near and far. (Lots of hotties too. tongue.gif)
Lastly THANK YOU VERY MUCH MELBOURNE for taking away the Grand Prix from us!!!! sad.gif

user posted image

South Australia is also quite famous for its wine. It has many wineries and the two biggest regions are the Barossa Valley and the Mclaren Vale. Both differ as the Mclaren region is closer to the sea and this apparently is evident in the type of wine they produce(I don't really know I am not a wine conniseur).
Wine tours are a great way to spend time with your friends or work colleagues and these are often organised. The wineries themselves are beautiful, with some lovely little cottage style and larger cellar doors. I recommend you all try Rockford Alicante, it is a rose and it is simply amazing.

user posted image

Well Adelaide, thanks to the amazing talent of Kanisa, can also be proud to have such treasures as Mini Anth and the illustrations of Anth as part of it's postcard collection and tourist attractions. We all love them here very much. I will leave this space open for Kanisa to discuss this more a bit later....

Hope you all like it.

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

amazed
post Feb 26 2006, 01:03 PM

user posted image

Hi everyone and welcome to beautiful Tasmania and in particular Launceston in the north of the state. I would love to be able to post some photos of my home state, however I happen to be the most technically challenged and computer illiterate person on the forum. blink.gif I will try to put a link in for you to check out some photos. Fingers crossed, here goes http://www.oldlaunce...1000s/index.htm

My name is Anita and I am another of Anthony's more mature aged fans, or as my darling daughter loves to point out "you're old Mum!" I loved Anthony's voice from the first time I heard him sing Angels and as Idol progressed my appreciation of his vocal ability grew and grew. (For the record my vocal ability is right up there with my computer skills. tongue.gif ) Throughout the series as we were able to see more of the individual personalities, Anth reminded me very much of my son, so of course my protective mother instincts were on high alert every Sunday night. Per Sempre remains my favourite song and I find it has such a strong connection for me with my son that I would travel interstate (again) just to hear Anthony perform that beautiful song live.
Here is a little bit about my home town of Launceston. We locals pronounce it LONceston not LAWNceston! wink.gif

Launceston is the 3rd oldest city in Australia and the 2nd largest city in Tassie, located in a large valley where the South and North Esk rivers meet to become the wide Tamar River. Being an older city, Launceston has lots of Victorian and Edwardian arcitecture, parks and gardens, the beautiful Cateract Gorge, Seaport (our recently developed wharf area), Aurora Stadium where the AFL games are held, Boags Brewery rated as Australia's premium brewer, (not that I would know but any beer lovers out there could confirm this tongue.gif ) and much, much more. I will try another link, http://www.discoverl...ttractions.html

Although not a large state, we do have some great sporting successes. Any cricket lovers out there will recognise the names David Boon and Ricky Ponting. Both were born and raised in Launceston. We are an Aussies Rules loving state and we host "home" games for both Hawthorn and St Kilda at Aurora Stadium which is about 10 minutes walk from the city centre. There is an incredible variety of sports available to participate in throughout Tassie like cycling, bush walking, rock climbing, white water rafting, car racing including Targa Tasmania rally, golf, absailing, and heaps more if you are looking for an active "holiday".

If "active" sports wise is not your thing (anyone else ever cramped up trying to do relaxation excercises in a yoga class? tongue.gif ) then we do have plenty of other wonderful activites available like food and wine tours. smile.gif Tassie is becoming very well know for its growing food & wine industry. Will try another link here that includes lots of options to suit just about any tastes: http://www.about-aus.../tours-cruises/

There is heaps more to tell about Tassie and don't make the mistake of thinking just because it is the smallest state you would be able to visit in a day or two. Remember good things come in small packages smile.gif Hopefully some of our other Tassie members will be able to tell you a bit more about the south of the state.

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

Lea
post Feb 26 2006, 02:45 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

DeJay
post Feb 26 2006, 10:53 PM

Hi everyone welcome to the tropical far north. biggrin.gif

*hands out crimson hibiscus flowers for your hair* biggrin.gif

Firstly I'll start by saying I feel privileged and humbled to have the opportunity to carry the flame of eternal talent for Mr Anthony C Callea � the ACOF baton....forever in my heart and in my CD player.

So just a bit of a ramble about myself before a tour of the area. I�ve lived here most of my life save a stretch in London for a couple of years, but it was the Cairns region which drew me back home to Australia. This was a beautiful place to grow up and then to raise two sons and a husband tongue.gif and I�ve loved every bit of it.

It does get rather warm and humid at times from say August to May. I said, that would be August all the way to May with a couple of cool days in between that I pull out my 20 year old jumper out. And did I mention the wet weather�it gets a smidge damp at times, and except for the mold on the walls, and mildew in your sandals, it hardly bothers you at all. The geckos love the weather and I have names for each of the 33,000 of them that live in my house with us. Oops 33,001, Nancy just had her baby. *shhh they have sex behind the picture frames, but don�t tell anyone I told*

But living here is relaxed and comfortable. Cairns a modern tropical city with a lay-back atmosphere and very casual. They tell us the driving is pretty casual up here too, but it seems normal to me. Using the indicator is wasted energy in a hot day�s sun isn�t it? Everyone up here seems to think so.

Over the last few years they�ve really tarted up the marina with the million dollar yachts and the front foreshore with gardens and boardwalks and it�s great to walk along, rollerblade, exercise, bar-b-que. My husband's rather partial to the topless Swedish backpackers popping up along the esplanade to sunbake every now again. Not sure why? Some cultural appreciation thing, I think. unsure.gif

We�re so lucky to sit in a pretty unique position at the starting point of World Heritage listed reef, rainforest and the outback. We have it all up here and always lots to do.

If you like to go swimming at the beaches or in the ocean - we�re quite famous up here for the Great Barrier Reef which is the world's greatest reef system, stretching more than 2000km along Queensland's north-east coast. It�s the world's largest and most complex reef system, it has thousands of individual coral reefs and hundreds of continental islands, reef islands and cays.

Have to watch out for the stingers at stinger season though. When are they, you might ask?

Well the answer is pretty much when you most want to go for a swim unfortunately�when you�re hot and sticky, it�s a glorious day and the rains stopped. Noooo swimming. But now of course they�ve got swimming nets and such like, so you�ll only be stung by the small ones. rolleyes.gif

Of course, you can go out to the reef, snorkel or scuba dive, or view the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible or underwater observatory. There is easy access to the outer reef and islands from points all along the coast.

If you like swimming in fresh water, bushwalking or picnicking, there�re heaps of places to venture up the hills to breathtakingly beautiful creeks and waterfalls in the rainforest. Watch out for the leaches in the rocky pools though. You can go rafting, some of the best white water in Australia they tell me. Yup, I did it once and lived to tell the tale.

If you like to look from above � then you can take a scenic flight in a plane or helicopter and the view is breathtaking. I mean it. The azure colour of the sea and reef is something to behold.

So if you�re into kicking back on white sandy beaches.. with palm trees waving in the breeze under a tropical sun.. come up and see us and check it out for yourselves.

http://www.cairnsport.com.au/

Anthony, you want to come back, you know you do!

HugZ all
Des

ps Thanks for the good times guys.

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

Jina
post Feb 27 2006, 12:27 PM

The baton has made it to The Beef Capital of Australia � ROCKHAMPTON

For a town with a population of 60,000 people we don�t have big shopping centres, or big tourist attractions, but we sure have a lot of big bulls.

There are five of these statues situated around Rockhampton. On any given day you will find council workers replacing the bulls private parts� as Rocky residents delight in removing them.

Here are some of our tourist attractions:
The Great Western Hotel is owned by Lee Kernaghan and is the only hotel in Australia to have an indoor rodeo arena.

user posted image

Dividing the Northside and Southside of Rockhampton is the Fitzroy River. A great place to throw in a fishing line and spend a lazy afternoon

The Capricorn Caves is one of our main tourist attractions and they are only 7 kilometres away from my doorstep. So yes, we do have our occasional bat friends� drop by.

BAT CAVE

Hi my name is Gina. I am 35 years old, married with four wonderful children. I have been a HUGE fan of Anthony from the moment his voice graced our television set. I have been to five of his concerts travelling to Melbourne, Brisbane and Mackay. Looking forward to doing it all again soon.

NONNA and Jina (Gina)would like to thank Bev & Mucha for their assistance with the upload of the images. Thank you for assistance it is very much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users