Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

fleur
post Nov 27 2006, 11:42 PM

I have a couple of things to say tonight. The first song I want to comment on is Heart Beat.
I absolutely love this song and the way it is both produced and put together. I love the intimacy of the lyrics and the way it starts and finishes with the sound of the heart beat.
It makes me very very sad to listen to and I find it incredibly touching.
There it sits at track 14 where usually one puts a filler and up comes this gorgeous song.
There are absolutely no fillers on this Album at all. Every song is different yet ALL have the same heart breaking intimacy.
I wonder if we would ever get such an intimate Album again.
It is almost a rare treat of trust and confidence.

The other song I want to comment on is If Only. This is the one I would pick as the next single out of the up-tempo songs and interestingly second would be Runaway. I think it is very catchy and I really really can hear it being played on the radio.
Interestingly Addicted to Love would probably be fairly low down my list of the up-tempo songs.

But all of the songs are fabulous.

And the production is perfect!!!!

#42 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

greeneyedkat_au
post Nov 27 2006, 11:50 PM

(fleur @ Nov 27 2006, 10:42 PM) *

I have a couple of things to say tonight. The first song I want to comment on is Heart Beat.
I absolutely love this song and the way it is both produced and put together. I love the intimacy of the lyrics and the way it starts and finishes with the sound of the heart beat.
It makes me very very sad to listen to and I find it incredibly touching.
There it sits at track 14 where usually one puts a filler and up comes this gorgeous song.
There are absolutely no fillers on this Album at all. Every song is different yet ALL have the same heart breaking intimacy.
I wonder if we would ever get such an intimate Album again.
It is almost a rare treat of trust and confidence.

The other song I want to comment on is If Only. This is the one I would pick as the next single out of the up-tempo songs and interestingly second would be Runaway. I think it is very catchy and I really really can hear it being played on the radio.
Interestingly Addicted to Love would probably be fairly low down my list of the up-tempo songs.

But all of the songs are fabulous.

And the production is perfect!!!!

fleur it's like you've jumped into my head and read my thoughts. Heartbeat just everything about that song I absolutely love. The emotion just dripping from Anth's voice in this song does me in every single time. It's just glorious. wub.gif

And If Only is what I would ultimately love as next single too... but that's just because it's my personal favourite out of the uptempo ones. laugh.gif I really do love Runaway too. And out of all the uptempo ones Addicted To You is probably my last choice personally for what should be next single. But even saying that doesn't mean I don't like it, so I wouldn't be disappointed if that was the choice anyways.

#43 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

The Debster
post Nov 27 2006, 11:52 PM

I would be doubtful about If Only.

Isn't this the one that he said he found really challenging to sing. I'm pretty certain it is, and if that's the case I'm not sure he would want to run the risk of singing it live all over the place when promoting.

#44 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

rshar0
post Nov 27 2006, 11:53 PM

(the_voice @ Nov 27 2006, 10:41 PM) *

I have to agree guys Perfect Mistake does it for me as well but i also like Want You To See love the tune .

The words in the song are so moving im sure Anthony mentioned it was one of his favorites.

I have had obsessive moments with Want You to See. laugh.gif I'm absolutely in love with the song but I don't think it should be a single, not yet at least. Lyrically there are lines that relate very much to Anthony but aren't so readily applicable to other people - eg comments about stage lights and tabloids. If this song wasn't on the album I'd have cried ( laugh.gif ) because I love it that much (I remember my signature not so long ago saying I needed it to satisfy my obsession hehe) and I think he does need to have very personal songs like this on there. However, I don't see it as being such a great choice for a single. I think singles are most successful if people can relate to them, if it reminds them of what they feel now or have in the past.

Addicted to You... A pattern seems to be emerging with this one. The adults seem to find it catchy and enjoyable but it's relatively one of their least favourites. The teenagers seem to love it and consider it a favourite. I personally like the song a lot but I think the other uptempo songs (particularly Perfect Mistake, If Only, Stranded, Almost) sound that bit more mature and are going to be more likely liked by the adults as well. I think it'd be good if he didn't release Addicted to You just yet and tried another uptempo one first.

#45 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

The Debster
post Nov 27 2006, 11:59 PM

(rshar0 @ Nov 27 2006, 10:53 PM) *

(the_voice @ Nov 27 2006, 10:41 PM) *

I have to agree guys Perfect Mistake does it for me as well but i also like Want You To See love the tune .

The words in the song are so moving im sure Anthony mentioned it was one of his favorites.

Addicted to You... A pattern seems to be emerging with this one. The adults seem to find it catchy and enjoyable but it's relatively one of their least favourites. The teenagers seem to love it and consider it a favourite. I personally like the song a lot but I think the other uptempo songs (particularly Perfect Mistake, If Only, Stranded, Almost) sound that bit more mature and are going to be more likely liked by the adults as well. I think it'd be good if he didn't release Addicted to You just yet and tried another uptempo one first.

I think you've summed that up pretty well. I know there are some older fans who like Addicted to You, but for the most part it is well down the list. My opinion is that it's a really great song but almost too catchy. I've been listening to the uptempo songs specifically to find radio appeal which is why I came up with Perfect Mistake. I think it would sit well with the daytime fm listeners which are predominately mums and/or working age, but it would also suit the Hot 30 listeners as well.

LOL Knowing Anthony he'll probably release something totally left of centre that we don't expect.

#46 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

pemaanso
post Nov 28 2006, 12:08 AM

tongue.gif biggrin.gif Firstly I have to say I have been in Callea heaven all this weekend!!! I absolutely, positively love love love this whole album, without any doubt!!!! I am sooooooo proud of Anthony, and sooooooooooo hopeful that he has extraordinary success with this!!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go into a detailed review right now, as I am desperate to go and listen to it one more time before bed tongue.gif , but I would like to raise a few thoughts with you and please bare in mind they are not criticisms, just nit picky thoughts on an otherwise brilliant album -

Firstly, I do wish he would have included the gorgeous song Whatever It Takes on here, along with perhaps one more similar song, just for a little more diversity, to keep those fans who really like his R&B style happy, as he is more known for his R&B style than rock.

Secondly, I love the new rockier side of Anth, and I believe it suits him very much, and the songs on here are awsome, but if he could have included the odd guitar solo on some of them, I think they would have been even more perfect.

Thirdly, I love the great use of falsetto, which Anth delivers so so well, but I would also have liked to hear even more of his lower range combined with the wonderful sexy grunt we all love as well. I know he has used it in this album, but I just love it so much, that I would love to hear more of it, done just a little more gutsy, from way down deep. I know I must sound very pedantic, but I really do believe he has it in him.

Also, I would just like to add, that I am still constantly changing my mind about which song would be the best new single, huh.gif but I have to say, that at the moment I am heavily leaning towards Perfect Mistake, but it really is such a tough decision. I think it may possibly be my absolute favourite song on the album, or at least favourite rock song on the album, I think, but then again, every time I think I've picked one, I hear the album again, and change my mind. wacko.gif But this one is definately a strong contender, along with If Only, and There's Always Time, and Addicted To You and and and ...!!! wacko.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

I also adore the ballads too, and I'm still on the fence over my favourite for those, its all just too hard! tongue.gif

Also, I agree with someone else on here, that There's Always Time, has a definate similarity in feel to Foreigner, which I see as a great thing. I love Foreigner, and they have a great reputation in the rock scene, I would love to see a few critics making that connection.

#47 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

rainbow99
post Nov 28 2006, 07:31 AM

I�ve enjoyed reading everyone�s thoughts on the album. Here�s my thoughts after five or so listens so far.

A New Chapter
I think that musically this song is a great start to the album � it�s really strong and decisive, and the use of an existing piece of classical music to create the song is a great concept. I just love the low notes, they are deluxe. Where does he pull them out from?

Perfect Mistake
I liked this song from the very first listen but even more so after a few listens. I find it a really clever song lyrically. It�s quickly become one of my favourites.

Addicted To You
As Anthony has said, this is such a fun song. It grabs you from the very first listen. I really like it and while I think that some of the other uptempo songs are lyrically stronger, would be more than happy with this as the next single. I don�t think it sounds like Guy�s Elevator Love at all � just can�t see it � except that they both use the word �addicted� a lot.

If Only
This would have to be close to my favourite song on the album. I love the way it just builds and builds. I can�t wait to hear this one live.

Best I Can Be
While I don�t think there is a weak song on the whole album, if I had to choose my least favourite, this would be it. Lyrically, it�s just a bit too mushy for me.

Live For Love
I think that Live For Love is a beautiful song, and I adore the vocals. Having now heard the rest of the album though, there are numerous other ballads I would have chosen for release as a single before this one.

Stranded
I just love this song. I love the guitar work at the beginning and end, and I love the way the song crafts its story. Is he referring to anyone in particular who left him stranded?

Want You To See
This song seems so personal. You can read it in the lyrics and hear it in the way it is sung. I hope he doesn�t think his fans see him as just a commodity, and not a real person. To me, this song is one of the album�s hilights.

Here I Go Again
This song vies with �If Only� as my favourite. It just gets me here (points to heart) every time. I just about evaporate each time I hear �Isn�t it a shame�.�. I think the musical arrangement of this song is just devine.

There�s Always Time
This is yet another upbeat song that I just love. They�re all great! I�m so impressed with the way the lyrics are crafted in some of these songs.

Almost
This is a real gem � such a gorgeous easy listening song. The falsetto at the end is to die for. I also really like that idea of hearing this one as a piano ballad. That would put a really different spin on it.

You Saved Me Tonight
I love the lyrics to this one and the piano work is just beautiful.

Runaway
Another one to add to the collection of guitar driven catchy upbeat tunes. � love it.

Heartbeat
I really, really love this song. I think it�s the vocals that really get to me in this one. If Anthony wanted to release a ballad as a single, this is the one I would choose. When it gets to the words �frozen� and �shivers�, I just melt.

Now You�re Gone
This song is so sad, but so beautifully sung. I guess some people might find it overly sentimental, but it brings tears to my eyes each time I hear it � just beautiful.

The only problem I can see is that having heard this album, it now puts the first album to shame.

Well done Anthony. It�s a classy album, and really emotive. I�m so impressed.

#48 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

-Lena-
post Nov 28 2006, 09:39 AM

Is anyone here just crazy about Heartbeat? I am so digging this song at the moment! tongue.gif The lyrics are just so achingly beautiful and the ending just effectively glorious

#49 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

kazamigorical
post Nov 28 2006, 09:42 AM

I am loving how many people are loving Perfect Mistake. While i think Addicted to You would still be a fantastic release (because i think he does need catchy), i would be happy with Perfect Mistake to be the next one....

or any of the rockier ones. I would be happy with like 10 of them laugh.gif

Surely i must get my wish this time! 10 out of 15: the odds are in my favour now

#50 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

mairanya
post Nov 28 2006, 10:12 AM

I love Heartbeat - I love the way the lyric uses the word and develops the idea. smile.gif
I think any of the songs on the album would make a good single.

#51 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

-Lena-
post Nov 28 2006, 10:32 AM

Perfect. That is exactly it Mairanya - conceptually Heartbeat is just stunning and the words just melt me.

Yep all songs are hits in my opinion, but I am really for endorsing the rockier tunes hoping commercially they will be more viable.

Man I have a serious Callea voice addiction and I badly need some help.

#52 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Hellilac
post Nov 28 2006, 01:38 PM

After 100th listens I finally be able to come up with my version of track by track review. What an AMAZING album. I used to think his first album was fantastic and would be so hard to beat and I was wrong. I though my expectation was high but after the giving this album the first listen I realised it wasn't high enough. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Here it is;

A New Chapter - When I first heard this song from the Tennis event, I was blown away.. I've never expected to hear something this grand from the genre that isn't metal. Everything from the first note of the intro til the last note is perfect. What a great song to open A NEW CHAPTER. (5/5)

Perfect Mistake - A great follow up to the grand openning. A very catchy upbeat song with a great sing-along chorus. His falsetto's superb. (3.5/5)

Addicted To You - This song starts with a killer intro follows by subtle but beautiful verses then a foot-tapping, head-shaking chorus. Love the brige before the last chorus. I won't be surprised if this song becomes his next single. (4/5)

If Only - Just when I thought the album couldn't get any better! Another upbeat song with a touch of rock and one hell of a killer chorus! (4.5/5)

Best I Can Be - Very beautiful ballad, enchanced by his angelic voice. The lyric's so touching. (3.5/5)

Live For Love - The most symphonic track of the album. The orchestra part towards the end makes this track standout. (3.5/5)

Stranded - After 2 ballads he rocks it up with another killer track. As you can guess I LOVE the rockier Anthony so it quite obvious that this song is among my favourites. (4.5/5)

I Want You To See - A fantastic mid-tempo song. I really love the intensity of the bridge. (4/5)

Here I Go Again - So beautiful, so emotinal, so vocally flawless, so beautiful,.. Did I mention beautiful?? (4/5)

There's Always Time - Here come my favourite fast song. The most rocking track of the album. Anthony show his edge and teeth and it bites. If this song isn't included in his concert setlist I will cry!!!!!!!!!!! (5/5)

Almost - My favourite mid-tempo song with an extremely melodic sing along chorus. The melody's simple but soooooo beautiful. Can't get this song out of my head. (4.5/5)

You Saved Me Tonight - A heartwreching ballad with a majestic chorus. Anthony's voice makes it even more "special". Another flawless track. (5/5)

Runaway - A very cool, easy listenning mid-tempo song with a nice catchy hook. (3/5)

Heartbeat - A beautiful ballad with tear-jerking lyric. His voice is so beatiful and emotional it makes you believe every word he sings. (3.5/5)

Now You're Gone - What a perfect song to close a fantastic album! Another favorite!! Love the piano intro and the instrumental parts are so incredibly beautiful. (5/5)

** Please note that I only rated the songs to give you my personal idea of how each song was ranked among the others**

** My rating could be varied from day to day**

#53 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Susana
post Nov 28 2006, 03:03 PM

I know that we've just got the cd's and our fave songs will probably change but my current faves are Runaway, Perfect Mistake, Addicted to you, Here I go again and You Saved me tonight.

What are yours?

susana

#54 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

CREW
post Nov 28 2006, 03:08 PM

i love anthony's whole album but if i had to choice best i can be and now your gone
love them

#55 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

the_voice
post Nov 28 2006, 03:10 PM

Mine at the momment are.

Want You To See
Here I Go Again
A New Chapter
Almost
Now Your Gone

#56 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

connieluvsanthony
post Nov 28 2006, 03:12 PM

If Only
Perfect Mistake
Addicted to You

#57 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

*ezza_loves_anthony*
post Nov 28 2006, 03:25 PM

My faves at the moment are:

Addicted to you
Perfect Mistake
Now Your Gone
If Only
Want You To See
Runaway

#58 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

-Lena-
post Nov 28 2006, 04:02 PM

I am useless - my favourites are still the whole album. If I really really had to pick just ONE it would be Addicted To you, closely followed by If Only and then Heartbeat. Oops that is more than one! Oh well.

#59 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

smiddy
post Nov 28 2006, 05:42 PM

Okay, here's my review, don't kill me if I don't rave about all the songs, but I'm being as honest as possible. I'm also reviewing each song as I listen to it.

A New Chapter - This song took a little while to grow on me, and while I don't absolutely love it, I do have a soft spot for it, and do love it. The lyrics are beautiful, and I love the way his deepens his voice at particular points of the song, it's kinda hot tongue.gif. I love the music, it suits the song perfectly, and overall a great ballad.

Perfect Mistake - Again, this song took a little while to grow on me, but it's definitely up there as one of my faves. I love the music, I love the lyrics, I love the falsetto...I love everything about this song. It makes me want to get up and dance to it, I can't compliment this song enough and I do hope it becomes a single.

Addicted To You - This song I'm not a huge fan of, I'd read all the raving reviews about it and had this whole idea what the song would be like, and to be frank I was little disappointed. I'm not saying it's a bad song, it's very slowly growing on me, I do like the lyrics, but I'm not sure...there's something that doesn't sit well with me about the song. I enjoyed hearing it live on Sunrise, and was hoping it would be good, and while I think it would make a good single, it wouldn't be my first choice. I'm hoping that listening to it more and hearing it more live will change my opinion and soon I'll be loving it like the rest of you.

If Only - I LOVE this song so much. I love the beat to it, I love the lyrics, I love the falsetto, I love the high and long notes...I love everything about the song, its a bit like Perfect Mistake, other songs stood out for me at first, but when I listened to it properly I loved it straight away. I reckon this song would make an absolutely fantastic single, and it or Perfect Mistake would be my choice for a second single.

Best I Can Be - I like the idea of singing a couple of verses in falsetto, it's an original idea, I haven't really heard and artist take this approach before. The lyrics are amazing, I think its a beautiful song, and the chorus is a real standout for me. It's an honest song, and that contributes to why I love it so much, I love listening to music and thinking 'that's Anthony, that's him'. I'm not a fan of songs that aren't truthful.

Live For Love - What can I say, its a fantastic song, beautiful lyrics, a solid meaning behind it, perfect vocals. I love this song, and after listening to the album I think its an appropriate song for a first single, just sending a message out there that the public desperately needs to hear and take in. Not to mention it's a famous Anthony Callea ballad, that alone speaks for itself.

Stranded - I liked this song from the moment I heard it on the Album Preview and I still really like it, it's a fun rocky song and suits Anthony perfectly. Interesting lyrics, a good beat behind it...it's just a fun song, and I like it. I'm not overly sure how to comment on it, so that'll have to do. tongue.gif

Want You To See - This song I love, because it relates directly back to Anthony, and like I said before I love a good, honest song, and you can't get much more honest that Want You To See. It's short and straight to the point, sweet beat behind it, and you can just imgaine Anthony writing it and experiencing it himself. Definitely a favourite of mine.

Here I Go Again - A big, beautiful, emotional ballad that I really, really, really love, its got perfect vocals, beautiful, touching lyrics, a wonderful sounding orchestra behind him. It really is close to the perfect ballad, I just love this song. I can't compliment this song enough.

There's Always Time - Another great rocky style song that grew on me, but I love it to pieces. I love the lyrics and the meaning behind the song, vocals are great as per usual, and the music suits it perfectly. I love the truth behind this song, I can see him telling this to someone who needs guidance, and it's really believeable, which did attract me to the song intially.

Almost - A great mid-tempo song, I love the lyrics, love the music, love the vocals...just love everything about the song. There's not much more I can comment on.

You Saved Me Tonight - This song took me a while to warm up to, and it hasn't quite got me completely, but I really enjoy listening to it as it is a great song.

Runaway - Great tune, great lyrics, great meaning, great way to make everyone love it, and I can just imagine how fantastic this song will sound live.

Heartbeat - I'll get back to this song, I'm not sure how to comment it just yet.

Now You're Gone - This song had me from the first notes in the first couple of seconds, I can relate to this song and the first few times I listened to it, it made me cry, and it's not very often a song does that to me. It reminds me of my Mum (RIP) and my Pa (RIP), and I love everything about the song, beautiful meaningful lyrics, great build up, great falsetto, love his vocals again...I can't compliment this song enough to give it justice.

Well, that's my review, hope you enjoyed it.

#60 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

kazamigorical
post Nov 28 2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks Smiddy

i really appreciate your honesty and i am like you, i love an honest song as well. After i read the lyrics to I Want You to See, it meant all the more to me.

While our likes/dislikes differ on a few songs, i am always interested to hear what people like about the songs i am not in absolute love with and not like (for want of a better word) with the ones i am in love with, so thank you smile.gif

a great review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users