Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

megslovesanth
post Nov 28 2006, 06:03 PM

*SCREAMS* best ALBUM ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#62 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

mandylovesanth
post Nov 28 2006, 06:14 PM

so true megs ITS THE BEST ALBUM EVER

#63 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

gadgetgirl
post Nov 28 2006, 06:33 PM

I just LOVE this song !!!

It's just SUBLIME !!!!!!!

I just LOVE this kind of feel !!!!!!

#64 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

tim_tamz_anthz_angel
post Nov 28 2006, 06:37 PM

I love 'Whatever It Takes' absoloutely fantastic. I feel spoilt getting all these little extra songs first with 'Meant For Love' and now with 'Whatever It Takes' and even with 'Home'. I LOVE being an Anthony fan

#65 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

SilverNightFire2
post Nov 28 2006, 10:40 PM

Meh I got 5 mins to kill til The OC so why not...

A New Chapter - Was a bit slow to start but second time I listened to it I loved it!! Great song and great way to open the album!
Perfect Mistake - Very nice song, the verse is written very well! Laid-back and great!
Addicted to You - What can I say, the song I heard on Sunrise that convinced me to buy the album! Just as good in-studio as it was then...
If Only - my fave song on the album, the chorus just rocks!! I find myself liking it more with every listen! You can feel the emotion in his voice! Brilliant!! Love it, love it, love it!
Best I Can Be - Good song and a bit of a pause from the upbeat tracks... I usually find myself skipping this and L4L when listening to the album though... don't know why...
Live for Love - Over this song now, liked it the first time I heard it but nothing super. Now Anth has performed it everywhere including twice on Idol and its definitely lost its spark IMO
Stranded - This song grabbed me from the first listen!! The guitars are great and again the lyrics are a testament to Anth's brilliant talent. A favourite.
Want You To See - Another favourite - awesome intro and I really like the drums in this song! Love it and the chorus just rocks!!
Here I Go Again - For some reason I haven't clicked with this song yet, but I'm sure with time it will grow on me. Somehow the lyrics seem a bit too emo for my liking.
There's Always Time - The most inspirational song since Yellowcard's Believe... fantastic! I hope this is released as a single! It would be a massive hit!! A highlight!
Almost - Fantastic song! Goes for a tad longer than most of this stuff and you just can't get sick of it! Brilliant lyrics!
You Saved Me Tonight - Great lyrics, beautiful melody, fantastic song!
Runaway - Haven't listened to this song much, I seem to tune out every time it comes on... I gotta sit down and have a good listen before I give it a fair review!
Heartbeat - Same as Runaway
Now You're Gone - Brilliant track to close the album! And if I thought Per Sempre was good... NYG blows it out of the water! The vocals match the melody and instruments perfectly! Definitely the best ballad on the album! Love it, love it!!

and just for the hell of it, the 2 bonus tracks:

Whatever it Takes: Didn't like it the first time I heard it, thought it was a bit boring and was glad it was cut from the actual album... after listening to it a couple more times its grown on me! Has a very different feel to the album, alot closer to his self-titled...

Meant for Love: Love this song, so glad I bought it off iTunes, I wish it was available on a single or something tho as more ppl would have access to this brilliant song! It gives such a simple and brilliant message and has a funky rhythm that makes you wanna dance! Definitely a favourite!

#66 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

mucha
post Nov 29 2006, 11:54 AM

'A New Chapter', an album of life, of heart and soul, an album of messages from life experiences, loss, joy, love, faith, hope...it is such a stunning selection of songs from beginning to end. I am a little overwhelmed (in a positive way) at the depth of the lyrics and the balance between the music, the lyrics and the diversity of Anthony's vocals. There really is just so much to take in and appreciate in all of the songs. I absolutely love the whole album. I can't choose a favourite at the moment and am not sure that there will be one as every song has a very special 'essence' that sets it apart from the others, yet the album feels so 'complete'. It is perfect!!!!!!! I am so happy that we have the joy and pleasure in hearing this beautiful music that Anthony has created and shared.

As a writer, I am certain that Anthony is going to really come into his own in this area. The lyrics and melody come together with an intelligence and sophistication that is a breath of fresh air. I am so impressed with his integrity and maturity and absolute belief in what he is doing and why.

I really hope that people see Anthony for the special, gifted person we all know he is. He deserves that!

"Congratulations Anthony" for a standout album!!!!! You have every right to be so happy and proud of this album.

Kerrixo

#67 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

fleur
post Nov 29 2006, 12:02 PM

I don't believe there have been many times when I have liked all the songs on an Album so much.. I mean I absolutely LOVE some of the songs but I like ALL of them.
It is rare. Each day I have a new song running around my head.. a different one..which seems to just hum away...
On the first Album, which I loved, there were two tracks I always skipped Hurts so bad and Lost in Summer.. on this Album I skip none AND I love the way it is put together so the emotions skips around...

Todays song in my head is Runaway.. I really love that song and find the lyrics very clever and the tune very clever.. I found myself dancing around to it last night whilst I busying myself doing other things.

I really love the way the song flows and I find myself singing along too ph34r.gif

I like the back ground singers and the way they echo through the song..

another fabulous Callea moment

#68 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

i LoV3 aNtHoNy
post Nov 29 2006, 01:41 PM

I absolutely loveee the album!!! My fave tracks at the moment are A New Chapter - lyrics are beautiful, Perfect Mistake, Addicted To You, If Only, Want You to See, There's Always Time and Almost. biggrin.gif I have a soft spot for A New Chapter and Addicted To You coz they're the two new songs Anth sang when he came to Adelaide for the Tennis Challenge

#69 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

chrisdud3
post Nov 29 2006, 02:24 PM

Yay finally got the album today!

Stranded is my fave! Heartbeat another fave of mine. I LOVE IT!

#70 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

harvs182000
post Nov 29 2006, 04:34 PM

I am loving this album so much. I agree with Fleur I love most of the songs and like all of them. I look forward to my drive to and from work. Didn't realise it could go so quickly.

#71 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

Larisa
post Nov 29 2006, 04:37 PM

I'm LOVING the album!! My fave song atm is probably Addicted to You & want you to see!

#72 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

mairanya
post Dec 1 2006, 08:46 AM

I still haven't written about all the songs. I just love the album and found this way down on page 2. So much else is going on!

Apart from anything else, the songs all seem to have really strong little hooks. I find myself singing bits in my head all the time and it's not always the last song I heard or anything like that. Just random little bits pop in.

I only managed to download and listen to Whatever It takes yesterday. I absolutely love that song. I love it when Anthony sings more in the middle register and in that style, sometimes get tired by constant very high-pitched singing. It's just beautiful - no wonder it was so hard to choose for the album! I think I'd have liked this instead of one of the fast ones, but wouldn't have a clue which one anyway. laugh.gif I'm glad I only have to listen and not make any decisions about any of it. Even the listening is taking a lot of my attention and time.

#73 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Steph@n!e
post Dec 1 2006, 09:41 AM

I am loving Want You To See atm, coz i think MANY critics that bag anthony need to listent to this song! I love the lyrics & the message of "dont beleive all that crap you read/hear, like me for WHO i am"

#74 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

kazamigorical
post Dec 1 2006, 10:26 AM

How clever is his singing in Almost? He does it in a few tracks and i really can't explain what i mean and do not know the terminology but the way he jaggers his voice (see laugh.gif) amazes me.

i LOVE it!

Does anyone else have any idea of what i am talking about?

#75 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

the_voice
post Dec 1 2006, 01:06 PM

(kazamigorical @ Dec 1 2006, 10:26 AM) *

How clever is his singing in Almost? He does it in a few tracks and i really can't explain what i mean and do not know the terminology but the way he jaggers his voice (see laugh.gif) amazes me.

i LOVE it!

Does anyone else have any idea of what i am talking about?

I do in a way Kaz smile.gif
I also love the way Anthony sings Almost has to be one of my favs on the album hope he gets to release this one down the track to show a tottally different sound and how awesome would it be to possibly to have a version of the piano ballad of Almost on the single as well .

#76 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Heather
post Dec 1 2006, 01:17 PM

I got rid of my 'boys' last night and listened to the album through three times. No wonder its running continually through my head. I must be barmy!

Can't say yet what I love best... but I am drawn to Want you to see, Here I go again and Now you're gone (how good are those falsettos?).

Listening last night was a full-on emotional and musical experience for me. I almost feel wrung out.

This involvement doesn't happen very often when I listen to music. I find most albums get you in with one or two songs and when you buy it, it often turns out a disappointment.

This album lays our singer / songwriter bare. You can really hear the difference now between Anthony's own songs and those of other people. Although I love "Live for love" as an individual song, it now stands out to me as the song that doesn't fit with the rest of the album. However, it does serve its purpose as a quieter, easier song in the midst of the other more powerful turbulent songs.

And how good are those edgy rock songs? I really believe that any one of them could be plucked out of the album and stand alone as a hit.

I am amazed and priveledged to see this personal growth in an artist.
Congratulations!

#77 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

becs
post Dec 1 2006, 02:03 PM

I love all of the songs on the album!! Each one is absolutely brilliant!!

Ballads- Beautiful!! Real tear jerkers!! A New Chapter, Now You're Gone, You Saved Me Tonight.

Rockier/ Up tempo- Bloody awesome!!! Can't wait for the tour(hint hint) to dance to these in the aisles.PM, ATY, Stranded. Love them!!

I agree with Anth when you hear a great album from an artist you love, seeing and hearing it performed on stage is 1000 times better( Anth said 10 hahaha).

Congrats on the brilliant album Anth!!! It was definately worth the wait!!

OX

#78 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

diissee
post Dec 2 2006, 08:19 PM

I haven't stopped listening to the album today while travelling in the car.

I just adore every song. It makes me happy & it makes me sad, its beautiful world class album, i love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users