24 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

- Thank you to all members who contributed links, information, reviews and photos -

user posted image

Channel V Artists of the Year and Arias
23-10-2005

Administrator
Sep 21 2005, 03:06 PM

Anthony Callea Confirmed To Perform At The 2005 ARIA Awards!

Hot off the heels of the 2005 ARIA nominations announcement, we're excited to confirm that Anthony Callea will be one of Australia's finest talents performing as part of the celebration and ceremony at the 2005 ARIA Awards on Sunday October 23rd! Tix on sale now.

http://www.channelv.com.au/

Anthony Callea wins Oz Artist!

Anthony must have thought his prayers had been answered when he was crowned Oz Artist of the Year on the red carpet at the ARIAs Awards last Sunday. With our school band giving their best rendition of 'The Prayer' and a shower of glittery confetti, the former Idol wild card was awarded the title along with a pink sash and a tiara. He also scores a $20,000 cruise to the Hayman Islands on a luxury yacht, guaranteeing him some quality rest and relaxation. "It's a real honour to receive the Channel [V] Award, as it was direct from the public. Thanks to all the fans," said a stoked Anthony.

Later that night, he won an ARIA for Highest Selling Single for 'The Prayer' which he also performed live. Congratulations Anthony!

http://www.bandit.fm...e/anthonycallea

Anthony Callea Wins Big At The ARIAs!

Congratulations out to Anthony Callea, who scored his first ever ARIA Award last night! Anthony took home the Highest Selling Single Award for his glorious track 'The Prayer', and was also awarded the people's choice award for 'Channel V Oz Artist Of The Year'.

Capping off an amazing year, Anthony Callea went home from the ARIAs last night with two awards - his debut single 'The Prayer' was named the Highest Selling Single of the year, while he was also voted the Oz Artist Of The Year by the public.

"It was great night. To perform at the awards, AND receive an ARIA has been a real highlight of the last 12 months," Anthony told us today. "And it was a real honour to receive the Channel V Award, as it was direct from the public. Thanks to all the fans."

Proving exactly why his single was a #1 smash, Anth performed a stunning rendition of 'The Prayer' at the event, sending shivers up the spine of anyone who watched him sing.

Immediately after his performance, he collected his Highest Selling Single Award from James Mathieson and the hilarious Ja'mie King (aka comedian Chris Lilley), and thanked all his fans for their support.

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

connieluvsanthony
Oct 24 2005, 10:19 PM

PHOTOS ARE POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE.

WHAT A SPUNK!!!!

Hi Guys,

I got back from Sydney this afternoon after winning the Fox FM comp in Melbourne.

My husband and I are still on cloud nine as we had the best weekend ever.

My husband asked me why I was packing my camera in my carry bag and I said to him "What if Anthony is on our flight?" my husband said he wont be on our flight. I would have killed him if I didnt keep my camera in my bag and here's why.

We landed in Sydney about 4pm and headed to the Baggage collection area and stood there waiting for our luggage. A woman came and stood beside us and YES it was Wendy. I said hello Wendy and then said "If you are here then Anthony isn't far away." she said he was on his way. Well then up comes Anthony. My husband and I spoke to him for about 15 minutes while we were all waiting for our luggage and I finally got a photo with him and he signed a CD for me and my sister. I told my husband we could go back to Melbourne as I already had what I have been wanting for ages. A photo with Anthony.

Anth was happy that we were off to the Arias and I told him we get a helicopter flight to the red carpet which I was a bit nervous about. He said to have a great time. I was absolutely shaking as I was the only one standing there talking with Anthony.

I was more nervous walking the red carpet then the helicopter flight but then I spotted it...............the forum banner. I ran up and said hello to the guys and was rapt to see them there supporting Anthony. The only faces I recognised was Stacey and Laura but I was so nervous I didnt really look at anyone else. Sorry.
It was so good to see you all there and it made me feel a lot more comfortable and special seeing you guys. Thanks!!!!

Then at the Arias I walked up to Anthony's table and he remembered me. Wendy said she would take the photo for us as she remembered me as well. Anthony asked me where I was sitting and if I was having a great time. He also asked if I went on my helicopter ride and if I enjoyed it. Then I had 2 photos taken with anthony and then I KISSED HIM congratulations. This is when I nearly peed my pants. I am sorry Anthony for interrupting your dinner.

I have had the best time and heaps of photos with most of the other idols as well.

Sorry about the long post but I thought I would fill you in.

I will post my photos tomorrow from work as I dont know how to on my home computer. By the way I look shocking in all of the photos but never mind I am so ecstatic that I finally got photos with the most beautiful and talented guy on the planet.

Our Aria winning and Channel V star...............ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE ARE THE PHOTOS!

At Sydney airport
user posted image

The fantastic forum fans
user posted image

and my 2 favourites cheek to cheek
user posted image

user posted image

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

rshar0
Oct 23 2005, 11:37 AM

Here I am on the ARIA red carpet with alltheway4anthony, melody. anthlaura, hellilac, lina and dante. Lucky for PDAs with GPRS, thanks work. LOL

We have the banner up, which you may have caught on video hits just before. We are hoping they don't make us take it down.

It is so hot out here and I'm from QLD so that should say something! Hope Anthony stops to say hi. By the time he gets here he may just have to look for lobsters!

We are not too far from where the Channel V award is announced. They are going to grab the winner when they come by them.

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Calleaworld
Oct 23 2005, 01:25 PM

The banner looks fantastic! You should be very proud, cos we are!
Say hi to Anthony from the forum and tell him we are watching him and supporting him every step down the red carpet!
Have FUN!

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Catherine83
Oct 23 2005, 01:37 PM

Hi Guys.
Saw the Banner on video hits earlier, looks really great, you are in a good spot, and all are early birds!!!

Hope you are all having fun, of course you are!!!!!!
I'm sure Anth will stop and chat to you all, lets hope he gets the channel V Oz artist award, he should with all our voting.

Say hi for me, and everyone who couldn't get to the arias!!!!!!!

thanks bye
Cath

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

secretsquirrel
Oct 23 2005, 06:34 PM

Hope all you guys had a fantastic time on the Red Carpet.
Did you get a good view of Anthony getting his Channel V award?????
It must have been so exciting to have BEEN RIGHT THERE!!!!!

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

diissee
Oct 23 2005, 06:44 PM

You know I had a feeling earlier that he had won, because of what Yumi said to Ben Lee when she was talking to him.

They where talking about new artists up and coming and he was saying there is so much good music writing coming out of this new talent and he named a few artists and Yumi said so where does Anthony callea fit into this..

And Ben said, I haven't met Anthony and I am looking forward to meeting him tonight.

It was so random when Yumi announces it I thought they would interview all of them but they only talked to Missy and then the next thing Anthony...and then she said Anthony Callea Oz Artist of the Year...

What a night...it just keeps getting better.

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

kelly
Oct 23 2005, 07:00 PM

I wasnt prepared for the win dont think I am game to get my hopes up, however I still didnt believe it , I thought they would announce it on stage with a statue like last year.

NOW I BELIEVE IT I REWATCHED THE RECORDING AND I'M PROUD TO HAVE BEEN A VOTING FAN. ANTHONY SO DESERVES THIS AWARD HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

It was great to see Guy go up to him and it looked like words of encouragement .He would know what Anthony is feeling this moment and I thank him for his respect of Anthony.

MY FANS ARE BLOODY BRILLANT. Thanks Anth

Love Lyn

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

rshar0
Oct 24 2005, 06:04 PM

(secretsquirrel @ Oct 23 2005, 05:34 PM)
Hope all you guys had a fantastic time on the Red Carpet.
Did you get a good view of Anthony getting his Channel V award?????
It must have been so exciting to have BEEN RIGHT THERE!!!!!     

I'll post my comments from the day and try and answer that as well.

It was really hot out there during the day, some of us got a bit burnt, but it was worth it to get a good position for the banner nearby the Channel V stand. I thought if he loses (god forbid) he's got support nearby and if justice prevails and he wins then we can go off and he's more likely to hear that enthusiasm.

We got to sneak peek a list of the scheduled arrival times and Anthony was third last I think. Can't have one of the highlights coming too early!

James Mathison walked down to get ready for the Red Carpet to begin and on the way he spotted the banner and smiled genuinely (as in a cool!!) and gave us the thumbs up. I like James.

It was very slow for us when the celebrites first started arriving because all of the media were at the start of the red carpet and they had to do interviews. I found the start of when the red carpet began slower and more painful than the 6.5 hours we'd already been waiting there!

It started to get more hectic when I first spotted Anthony. The others heard him ask where the forum banner was and then he spotted us and started waving! It looked like they'd grabbed him early into the press stuff to go and see Channel V so he didn't come up yet to us because he and Wendy were waiting outside the Channel V stand. Some other celebrities had done this as well so that wasn't out of the ordinary, except for the fact that they'd gotten him to temporarily skip over the other interviewers (the other artist's hadn't). We started to get even more nervous than we had been the rest of the day!!! He went in and we couldn't hear anything and I know a couple of us at least started to think maybe that was not a good sign. Then I heard this big bang and turned and confetti was going everywhere and we started shrieking! We were like, "He won!!!" If you live in the vicinity of the Superdome and heard this noise on Sunday, well that was was probably us LOL. Even though all I could see was confetti not him (I haven't watched the tape back yet even) it was so much fun to get to be there to support him and witness that moment.... sort of!!!

Then he seemed to just disappear after that and we were like, "Where is he?" I spotted him a bit later on and he'd gone back down towards the start of the red carpet to see the media and make his way up.

Can't remember the exact timing but I saw Guy Sebastian hug Anthony warmly and that was fantastic.

Before he got up to our end there was some chanting of, "Anthony!" and not just from us. There were other pockets of Anthony supporters.

Some time later we spotted Anthony on the other side but getting closer and I was like, let's chant out this which was, "Artist of the Year" so we started chanting that and his expression was great. Hehe. It seemed to be a bit of happiness mixed with bemusement LOL. He may tell me I'm wrong, but that's how I read it.

Then he turned and crossed over to us and as he did he smiled and I think raised his arms (not in a egotistical way, a nice one) an we all whooped and cheered hehehe. One of the group must have said something about the award and he goes, "Thanks to you guys" and pointed and he seemed happy. He spent some time with us and posed so we could take a picture of him with the award. He said he was nervous! I'd be too. Anyway he did something else but that'll be a separate post....

I am not exaggerating when I say to you that the most fuss was made of him on the red carpet. There weren't chants for others, just calls for them to come over to people when they got closer. People chanted his name when he wasn't even in sight. LOL. There were also more there to support him than any other individual I thought.

Anyway it wasn't long after that we got told if we were going to make it inside we had to go NOW so we missed the very end of the red carpet and bolted indoors.

We saw Anthony heading back stage pretty early so I suspected he wasn't on toooo far into the show. I'm not used to being that far from the stage he's on LOL so I wanted to be loud to try and get the microphones to pick us up so they'd catch our praise. We screamed whenever his name got mentioned or he got shown. Heck, I flew all that way to support him and show he is appreciated not to stay quiet so noone is aware! In that scenario noise is the only way to do that. Not sure that the people around me were overly impressed with my volume, but it had to be done

He sang wonderfully. You'd have heard that so I won't mention much except to say that I love the changes he did (how does manage to work appropriate changes into The Prayer of all songs!) and did a great speech. I was very impressed he knew it and didn't refer to sheets, mumble or waffle on like some. He mentioned those he needed to thank and thanked us. I liked it.

It was a while after he performed that he came back to his seat and he'd changed back to what he had on for the Red Carpet. I noticed a lot of people going up to him, a lot of men I thought even, and hug him and pat him on the back affectionately so that was great. The other tables seemed fairly quiet yet his seemed to have a bit of a traffic jam happening. I was so pleased and proud to see that support he was getting.

A couple of us ducked to get food cause by then we were feeling a tad faint, and came back in only to find they were just starting a 40 minute dinner break! Agh, the timing. One of our clan wanted to call out to Anth during the dinner but wanted us all to do it so we called his name and he turned and waved to us and we waved back. I hope he wasn't too embarrassed! It was quite impressive he could see where to look because it's a big place. I guess our sound had some decent direction.

How fantastic was it Ben Lee singing "I hear Anthony Callea on the radio, and that's the way I like it."

Anyway, I wanted to go see him get his first awards and support him (esp given how some feel about former Idols) and I'm so glad I did that. He very much did us proud and he does seem to appreciate the support everyone gives him which is fantastic and makes you want to do it all the more. If he keeps on like that he'll get more and more dedicated fans.... perhaps even more of the nutty ones like us! YEEEK!

What a fantastic conclusion to a no doubt stressful, tiring and hectic year for him. It was so great to witness all that hard work, dedication and talent rewarded and the wrongs of the past being put right.

CONGRATS Anth, you could not deserve it more!

This post has been edited by rshar0: Oct 24 2005, 06:35 PM

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

robinson
Oct 24 2005, 07:52 PM

Thanks rshar0 for all the details. I think it's wonderful so many fans went to support Anthony, especially flying interstate and waiting there all day.

I am so happy and proud. He was absolutely wonderful. I loved how The Prayer started off with just the guitar, and he went really low when he sang "every" before "child", that was a real goosebump moment. I loved how he turned around and bowed to the musicians when he finished, in appreciation. The applause was loud and heartfelt, I kind of wished they had let it go even longer. His speech was well thought-out, he thanked everyone but it wasn't too long or a long catalogue of names, he spoke so well and his smile when he finished lit up the whole superdome, it was priceless. He looked great in the suit and all up was a total class act, first rate performance, so sincere and so humble.

I was surprised and excited when Ben Lee sang "I hear Anthony Callea on the radio, and that's the way I like it", maybe we can clone Ben Lee and have him take over some music directors' jobs, and maybe certain radio hosts' jobs too. He seems like a nice guy and made a couple of interesting speeches.

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

rshar0
Oct 24 2005, 10:22 PM

(fleur @ Oct 24 2005, 05:27 PM)
RsharO I am so glad to finally read your review.

I have been waiting for you

A few questions.

Was the applause for him at the end of his song strong. Did you hear any comments around you?

Yes the applause was great, like it felt louder and longer than it was for Missy Higgins. I haven't watched the tape to see how it came across but some stood and I saw them waiting for the applause to end on stage, like it presented a delay so that was excellent. I want us to cause that LOL. I didn't hear any comments around me, was too busy cheering. Later when it got shown on TV I got an SMS from a male mate of mine saying he'd just seen Anthony on the ARIAs and that he was excellent.

What people went up to him? Did it look like they were congratulalting him on his performance

I don't know who the people were but some were at his table and nearby ones so at least some of them must have been industry people. Whether some others were competition winners or people given special ground level tickets I'm not sure. I think it took him longer to get to start eating than others because when he sat down people were still coming.

Was his table near the front of the floor space.

Yep! It was stage left, just a bit off centre and the front table I think.

Did the prayer resonate throughout all the dome.

Yes!! His voice is so good!!!!!! We errupted. It was so exciting. I kid you not my voice is going from all of the screaming I did yesterday. From winning the Channel [v] OZ Artist of the year, his name being mentioned quite a few times, him singing and then receiving his award.... I'm feeling it LOL!!!

Was Missy Higgin as bad as she was on the TV live- woeful performance in my living room.

To be honest, I think that song isn't one of her better ones so I didn't pay that much attention. It was okay but you'd be able to tell that better than me from watching it through the proper system broadcast to TV.

How cute was the ben Lee inclusion of Anthony in his song.

Oh my gosh I went spastic!! You know, I think "Anthony Callea" has an extra syllable to fit into that part of the song and he could have put Thirsty Merc or a range of people in there but he chose to put Anthony. Anthony alongside Missy who Ben tours with, and Barnsey who was being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Pretty great to be included don't you think?! It was also a complimentary line, "I hear Anthony Callea on the radio and that's the way I like it!" Some of the others thought Anthony was chatting at the time so they are not sure if he heard it.

Did he seem happy? Was he appreciated?

I felt he was yep. Gosh I felt all warm and fuzzy seeing those people come up to him to want to talk to him and pat him on the back. There was quite a few. It wasn't like 5 minutes after his performance either, it was a little while so they must have wanted to do that. So cool.

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Melody
Oct 28 2005, 12:18 AM

Well, rshar0 said it all! What an amazing night.

It's amazing how Anth was so excited yet so professional all at the same time. The whole ARIA experience was full of fantastic moments and we were oh-so-proud of Anth.

We all LOOKED like red carpets by the time the day was over! But it was well worth it. I would do it all again tomorrow if I could.

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

greeneyedkat_au
Oct 24 2005, 09:59 AM

There was a little article in the Q Confidential section of today's Courier Mail. It has a cute picture of Anth on the red carpet which I can try scanning tonight when I get home. But for now I've typed up the article for everyone.

Courier Mail
24/10/05

Still the Idol of Millions

You'll recall Anthony Callea didn't actually win Australian Idol.  Can't think who did now.  Yesterday afternoon on the ARIA's red carpet Callea was handed the Channel [V] OZ Artist of the Year award, which we understand to be the only ARIAs gong we - meaning us the public - get to vote on.  In theory anyway.

He was up against Missy Higgins, Kisschasy and The Veronicas - not bad company to be in, and beat.  It's got some form, the OZ Artist of the Year award - Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem and Silverchair are all past winners.

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

amber_sunrisegal
Oct 24 2005, 02:27 AM

Tonight was the Arias the night of all nights for all Australian music artists. The night that we had all been looking foward to seeing if our voting and hard work had paid off, And it did... CONGRATS to everyone for getting Anthony there!

Saw Anthony on the red carpet! WOOHOOO!

Well we took our seats and met helilac and some girl called Rochelle and was fortunate to look at helilac's amazing drawings!

The atmosphere was great but the highlight of the night was when Anthony sang the prayer... truly amazing like always and when he received his award! My sis and I screamed and cheered sooo loud lol... ppl were just staring at us. Our family heard us on tv lol. hahaha!

Overall was a fabulous experience and can't wait for next years! Will be there for sure!

CONGRATS ANTHONY!!!!!

Mwa luv Amber and Carmie!! xo xo.

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

missprincipessa01
Oct 24 2005, 10:13 PM

Yeah it definetely was a night that will stay with me forever...and when Anthony sang "The Prayer," it was truly an emotional moment..each time I hear thats song I get goosebumps, I promise you...Anthony truly deserves all the success he gets and Im just glad that last night he was commended for all that he gives to the music industry and to his fans...

For my sister and I, it was a night that was AMAZING for a number of reasons, and I was glad that I got to see Anth recieve an award like that first hand..CONGRATS ANTHONY!
Thanks Chrissy, your a great girl and hopefully you will come and join in the fun at the next ARIAS!!

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

|| Prayer Answered ||
Oct 23 2005, 10:13 PM

YaaaaaaaaaaY!
WE DID IT GUYS!!
we made it to 129 people online tonight at 9:07pm!
*high fives everyone!*

All for the love of Anth and his Aria Wins! YAY!!!

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

rshar0
Oct 24 2005, 05:28 PM

As Anthony was about to leave our section of the ARIA red carpet yesterday, he turned back and did one more thing...

Unprompted and unassisted he bent down and started writing on the forum banner. He didn't say anything, just started writing voluntarily with warmly written strokes. We were all like, "Wow what's he writing?!"

Well here is the message to all his fans. Well done team!!!! You made Anthony happy!!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

What a massive year it's been for Anthony. From relative unknown to one of Australia's hottest properties in little over a year! There's been well above the normal numbers of instores, concerts, interviews and performances. Anthony's repeatedly demonstrated not only his exceptional talent but how hardworking and professional he is.

In April I made a video montage to summarise Anthony's journey to the debut of his first album on the charts - at #1 no less! Some people asked me to make another so I've just finished a second montage which continues on from the first to the ARIAs and the receipt of his first ARIA!

The video isn't done to be comedic but in making it I spent so much time lmao. Going back through that footage he really is so hilarious! Per chance you see this Anthony, thank you for all the hours of wonderful entertainment you have given me both directly and indirectly over the last year plus. Here's to more to come! Hope I didn't select any footage that makes you cringe. I wouldn't have used any I didn't love!

On the subject of the footage, I want to say thank you to all the capturers who have spent so much time and energy putting things up. Every one of us would have missed out on something at one point or another if it weren't for you. I imagine sometimes it must seem like a thankless job but we all appreciate it so thanks!

You may have seen the first video but I'll put both up.

http://www.mediafire...zmjy2ai3l4ytw3e

http://www.mediafire...5mgmg4ubkmnhdq3

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

lina
Oct 28 2005, 11:57 PM

I was there as well, didnt know what was going on at the time, whilst Anthony was down there. You are correct Ro, he certainly was the star atttraction on the red carpet and on the aria stage. His smile was contagious. What a relief it was, to see he won the Channel V OZ Artist award although all we saw was the pink confetti.

The banner what attention did that get. Its a celebrity in its own right like Lauras cut out & Candys chocolate bar.

Let me tell you a few tears where shed... from young and old.

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

alltheway4anthony2
Oct 14 2005, 11:45 PM

Howdy folks, well I'm sure we have all been voting like crazy as can be seen by all the responses to the various threads, well I feel it's time we summarised all of Anth's achievements and just to remember exactly why are voting for this award and why he is indeed the 'oz' artist of the year!! And if this doesn't convince you I'm afraid nothing will, for it has been a huge year for Mr Callea, and I'm about to tell you why.

November 2004-During this month, we were graced on our television screens with the wonderful sounds of Anthony on Australian Idol, on Sunday nights stunning performances, on Monday nights for the heart stopping verdict, on Thursday nights we were all tuned in to inside idol to see what song would be the next masterpiece Anthony would sing for us, and those who were lucky enough even got to see bits and pieces on Idol extra. I'm sure it is also the month a lot of us racked up some crazy phone bills voting! It's like deje vu now isn't it!
-We all know that in November Anthony was the runner up in idol, but to us, he always was and always will be Australian Idol 2004, we shed our tears, and screamed cold murder, all because we believed in him so much.- It all happened on November 25th, the day we found out Anthony had been signed to Sony BMG and would be releasing The Prayer on December 19th, the partying had begun.
_ Many tv, radio appearances, magazine articles also during the month of November

December 2004
- Endless appearances once again on tv, radio, mags and instores, in preparation of the 'prayer' release including A Current Affair, 2GB, MTV, Hot 30, TRL, The Panel, Sunrise, just to name a few, and his beautiful performance at Carols
-December 6th - The Prayer hits the radio, well it should have anyway,..hehehe, missing in action on a lot of stations, the fans went crazy requesting and voting,
-December 19th- I think we all remember this day, 'The Prayer' went #1 the day of it's release, selling over 35000 copies in 3 days, before it was even officially released, way to go Anth
-December 24th- Anthony was inducted in the Hot 3o Hall Of Fame with the Prayer, 15 days straight !

January 2005-The Prayer, number 1 for 5 weeks, breaks platinum status by reaching 4xP, phenomenal for a first single, becoming the fastest and highest single by an Australian artist.
-Anthony starts the tour with the other idols, at the same time trying to record for his first album,
-The tours a hit, with Anthony being the favourite idol in all states, not that we expected anything different, there was Callea fever occuring at airports, stage doors, hotels, the works!
February 2005
-Anthony continues to tour with the idols, where we learnt before the Brisbance concert after probing from a very dedicated fan, that he would have a new song out soon called 'Rain'.
-More tv appearances including GMA and Rage

March 2005- Anthony does Australia proud by singing the National Anthem on 6th March
-Rain hits the stores and airwaves, achieving 2xP status, with a standard edition and limited edition, with double A side, including a song Anthony wrote himself called Wanna Be The One and also Don't Tell Me, a song co written by Anthony and John Foreman.
-Rain debuts at # 1 on 21st March and stays # 1 for 2 weeks
-Anthony's 1st album, self titled, hits stores on Easter Long Weekend
-Many,many, many instores and tv appearances again to coincide and celebrate the release of the new album and single, he even got to sing for the royals!!!

April 2005 -The album debuts at # 1 on 3rd April 2005, with Px2 status, where it stays # 1 for 3 weeks, and has the highest selling first week record for the year to date
-Anthony continues with some instores up in the Sunshine State
-Again, many radio interviews magazine articles and tv appearances
-Tickets go on sale and sell out within a matter of hours for Anthony's 1st solo tours in VIC and NSW, with 3 extra shows having to be added to his Sydney and Melbourne tours.

May 2005-May 5 2005- Anthony performs at his first solo concert in Geelong, followed by raving reviews by all who witnessed this milestone event.
-Anthony then performs at Benigo on May 8, again, great reviews from those who attended
-May 14-16- Star City concerts in Sydney
-May 20-22- The Atheneaum Theatre in Melbourne
-May was the month of Anthony's concert, and I'm sure all who went would agree, you can't just go to one, this saw many people wanting to be part of the crowd time and time again. He even managed to pop into Perth to the races where he sung a few songs for his fans!

June 2005-even though the concerts were over and the single and album had been out for a while we still got to see Anthony on tv and hear him on the radio
-15 June 2005 - Anthony sung the national anthem again at the Rugby State of Origin in front of a huge crowd of 90,000 people
-News of Anthony's 3rd single release Hurts So Bad was spreading fast and we also saw the very nice video clip to accompany the song!

July 2005 -July 2nd 2005- Hurts So Bad released to the shops, he had an instore at Chadstone in Melbourne that day to celebrate the release with record numbers turning up.
-Various other instores and appearances occurred during release week including another round of Sunrise, GMA and Rove.
-July 9th 2005- Hurts So Bad enters the charts at # 10 making this single his 3rd top 10 hit, great achievement.
-Anthony begins his first leg of his national tour, with fans coming and going from all over the country to see him in other states, with new concerts being added regularly

August 2005-Anthony continues his tour with concerts in Adelaide and a special concert at the Palais in Melbourne that is filmed for a future live in concert dvd release..woo hoo! Further concerts in Sydney also

September 2005
-September 9-11- Anthony performers 3 more concerts in NSW, 2 were postponed cocnerts as he was a bit ill but the other at Marconi was especially added due to popular demand! Fantastic 3 nights, again with fans flying all over the country to see the concerts. We thought the national tour was over but little did we know another concert had been added for Ocotober.
-We were also informed that Anthony was to release a 4th single, yes that's right # 4 and it was to be the beautiful Per Sempre, in a dual format, a CD single and DVD single, including live songs and live concert videos. WOW! And even better, a competition to win a dinner with Anthony at one of his favourite Italian restaurants!
-Anthony was also nominated for 2 Aria awards, he had 2 nominations for Highest Selling Single for The Prayer and Rain/BOTW and also for Highest Selling Album

October 2005
-The last month of this amazing year for Anthony Callea
-October 9- Per Sempre is released with an instore at Highpoint to celebrate, great day great people and awesome song and format for the releases, the dvd and single were amazing as was Anthony's performance of the song.
-Another instore in Sydney, various radio interviews and another round again of tv appearances, not that anyone is complaining of course
-Anthony set to perform a duet and a solo song at Italian singer Gigi D'Alessio in Adelaide on 15th October, Melbourne 16th October and in Queensland on the 22nd, with many other appearances on that first weekend also!
-Anthony will be on Up Close & Personal on Austrlian idol on 21st October
-Last but not least and the best one yet, to finish this amazing year off, Anthony will be at the Arias on the 23rd October, here he will perform, win an award and best of all he may win 2 if we VOTE VOTE VOTE and sms 'C' to 199 55 777

WOO HOO another October achievement....PER SEMPRE DEBUT AT # 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that was the longest post I have ever done, it took well over 1.5 hrs, I hope everyone enjoys it and please feel free to add to it as I'm sure I would have left some things out, esp since I was missing for 2 months.

As previously stated the reason for starting this was to show just why Anthony deserves this Aria, I think it all really speaks for itself in the end doesn't it guys!

Love Stacy

This post has been edited by alltheway4anthony2: Oct 16 2005, 11:27 PM

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Pisces_girl
post Oct 23 2005, 11:10 PM

Hi,

My special source has provided me with this first look at Anthony backstage with his Aria. There's lots more, but some will have to go to the newspaper. Any left I'm sure I'll be able to upload later.

user posted image

I promised more, and I'll get around to it, but here's one from the red carpet to keep you going.

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users