33 replies to this topic

#1 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

March 6th 2005: Grand Prix performance of The National Anthem at the Fosters Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne

jolo
post Mar 15 2005, 01:32 PM

In the TV Week magazine for next week (March 19 - 25)
Here's a little pic from the backpage, from when Anthony sang the national anthem at the Grand Prix.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

15-6-2005: Anthony Sings It For Australia @ State Of Origin!

www.anthonycallea.com.au
NRL footy fever is going through the roof right now and tomorrow, Anthony Callea will do Australia proud, singing the national anthem for the boys in Blue & Maroon moments before kick off at the second State Of Origin match at Sydney Olympic Park.

Be watching Channel Nine tomorrow (Wednesday, June 15) from 7.00pm, as the two titans of Australian NRL - New South Wales and Queensland - go head to head in the second State Of Origin match, with none other than Anthony Callea singing the Australian national anthem moments before the action kicks off!

One of the biggest showdowns on the annual football calendar, more than 80,000 fans are expected to get in on the spectacular pre-game celebrations from 5.30pm at Telstra Stadium in Sydney Olympic Park, which will also include a tribute to Origin stars, past and present, and the final leg of the Australian-wide Harvey Norman Legends of Origin relay, which has raised more than $300,000 for the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

Don't miss Anthony doing Australia proud - make sure you tune!

State Of Origin Broadcast details:
Channel 9 LIVE - 7.00PM
Fox Sports Delay - 10.30PM
2GB Radio LIVE - 7.00PM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

traxlmaz
post Jun 15 2005, 10:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

25-5-2006: Australia vs Greece soccer match -National Anthem

Anthony Sings It For The Socceroos!

World Cup fever is upon us and to get everyone into spirit, the Australian Socceroos will take on Greece in a friendly warm-up match at the MCG in Melbourne this Thursday, May 25 before they head to Germany. And which proud Melbournite will be performing the Australian national anthem at the big game? Anthony Callea of course!

Don't miss Anthony performing the Australian national anthem at the Socceroos World Cup farewell match against Greece, this Thursday, May 25 in front of a sold-out crowd of 100,000 soccer fanatics at the MCG in Melbourne!

Australia vs Greece Pre-Cup Soccer Match
Thursday, May 25 on SBS
LIVE to all centres
7:00pm - 9:30pm (NSW/ACT/VIC/TAS/QLD)
6:30pm - 9:00pm (SA & NT)
5:00pm - 7:30pm (WA)

Delayed Broadcast on Fox Sports (Foxtel) at 11pm
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

alltheway4anthony2
post Jun 3 2006

1 huge stadium, 95,000 sport fanatics, cameras streaming to broadcasts worldwide, a sea of green and gold/a sea of blue and white. Only 1 Anthony Callea.

Here it is my much anticipated I have been told live review of Anthony singing the anthem at the Socceroos v Greece friendly match on 25/25/2006.

Sincere apologies for the delay, just had to be in the right frame of mind to make it all sound good.

Game day approached oh so quickly, got up, got ready, was all set to go on my journey. Adelaide airport 9am on a Thursday morning full of excited men, women, teenagers and famiy's, so many familiar faces, with one destination, the MCG. Arrival in Melbourne, waiting at baggage claim, eager, dressed up, decked out fans in blue and white / green or gold, many with both. It was a sight for sore eyes, something you will never see again.

Arrival into Melbourne CBD, eager to shop, but stopped almost at every corner by friends from my hometown, I had to think of where I was again. Took a stroll down Lonsdale St, this is what I saw.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Crazy fans I tell you, and I knew just about half of them. At least they came to enjoy themselves and it looks like they were.

Well it was time, off to the 'G' we go. My friend picked me up from Chapel St, I forgot to wind my watch forward which meant we were running half an hour behind (whoops). Traffic seemed ok we thought great we will get to see all the pre match entertainment. But as we approached St Kilda rd we thought hmmm maybe not. It took us all but ? to drive from the top of St Kilda rd to Flinders st. The next big obstacle was finding a car park, but I think god must have had big plans because believe it or not we found a park right on Flinders st. Yay to us.

So we quickly get out of the car as the time was approaching 7 and I was almost in a state of panic thinking oh no I may miss Anthony, I may miss Anthony, why is this happening.

We managed to get into the stadium, following the huge crowds, everyone more enthusiastic than the person in front, behind or next to them. The colours were amazing, I don't think there would have been more than 5 of the 95,000 fans there without a scarf, beanie, flag, face paint, painted heads(oh yes there were those too) clearly showing their support, my favourite pieces were the scarves made especially for the event which were half Greek half Aussie, wish I could have found one of those.

Up to our seats we went, right to the top of the stadium, we finally found our seats and yes we were just 6 short rows right from the top. Luckily I checked and the screen was in clear view. We did however have a great view, just that everyone looked small.
Posted Image

It would have been close to 7.10-7.15 by that stage, and I was all relaxed when I looked down and saw these 2 tiny people walking onto the field. I saw what looked like a grey suit and I'm like Ang look look there he is. She is like how can you tell, I'm like I spot Anthony anywhere.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spot Anthony in these pics, I'm sure you can.

I didn't have time to hire or even look for any binoculars like I was hoping to so I had to rely on my trusted mini cam to zoom in for me so I could see what was going on. Also my phone was flat so I couldn't even tell Lina.

Anthony was so cute, I could see him getting all fidgety, looking around the crowd but trying to do it subtly (maybe he wasn't suppose to do this and I've just busted him, sorry!), and being so far away and not knowing what was being said I did manage to see Anthony fold over in what was clearly, even so many miles away, laughter and a big smile on his face. The Greek man, for the record, was like a statue, very disciplined, he must have spent his compulsory time in the Greek army.

The players came out and then they announced for the crowd to be upstanding for the National Anthems of Greece and Australia. Greek man first, still not sure what his name is I must have missed the part when they announced them both, but anyway he was really great and passionate and all the Greeks in the crowd were singing along, as was I, to the parts I knew anyway.

Then he finished and I could see Anthony walking up to take his position. Everyone in the crowd was starting to get really excited by this time, and when Anthony started singing, everyone surrounding started singing also. At first I was annoyed because my friend next to me was singing so loudly I even struggled to hear Anth, but then I accustomed myself to the sound and could hear only Anth and the 95,000 people, standing, singing along with him.

I am not lying when I tell you there was such an undisputed huge amount of national pride amongst the whole stadium and as a fan, it made me feel so proud and excited that Anthony was chosen to do the honours, as it was a momentous occasion. His singing as expected was flawless as you all have heard, every note was perfect. I don't know much about acoustics, noises and how these things all work, but that MCG is just perfect for big voices like Anthony's. His voice was echoing everywhere it was brilliant I tell you. I watched the sbs version when I got back home as mum had taped it for me and although great, it just didn't have the crowd singing and the echo that I so greatfully had to opportunity to experience live.

As we all know, Anthony finished with that long, high and blissfully beautiful note and the crowd errupted. Cheering, whistling, it was all happening. It was time to play. I waved goodbye to Anthony as was leaving the field, I'm sure he would have seen me and waved back but I just couldn't see from that far away( yeah right hehehe)

The game was ok, I think the goal came too early and then there was not much excitement after that. The second half was ok but still no score. I think Greece should have tried harder to kick a goal so the crowd could have gone crazy once again, but what can you do. At least you can always count on Anthony for a brilliant performance.

After the game and over the next couple of days, I ran into more friends and we talked about the game etc and many of them go 'oh I bet you were happy that Anthony was singing' I was like 'of course would you expect anything else', I asked them all what they thought and they said he was excellent. So that proud feeling came back. The one that surprised me the most was my friend Ilia, who has said about 3 times at least since the game how great Anthony was. I think he is a closet Anthony fan but won't admit it, maybe I need to by him an album.. hmmm.

There you go the long review, some irrelevant to Anthony but not really when you put it in the context of things. It was a great couple of days overall and memories I will cherish forever.

So I sign off.. GO AUSTRALIA, GO GREECE, GO ANTHONY!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

traxlmaz
post May 25 2006

***Screencaps *** :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ANTHONY PERFORMS THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM AT MCG - SOCCEROOS VS GREECE

Here's one to get you started doesn't Anth look gorgeous!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

more
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

More

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

More

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

More

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

the_voice
May 25 2006

Soccer Fever Hits MCG
Herald Sun
Sam Edmund
25may06

DESTINY arrives tonight for the Socceroos.

After 32 years of World Cup-qualifying heartache, Australia will finally begin its march to the world's biggest sporting event against European champions Greece at the MCG.
A huge green and gold army of more than 95,000 fans will provide the springboard in a raucous farewell ahead of the Socceroos' trip to Germany.

Excitement will reach fever pitch for the kick-off at 7.30pm, with clear skies and perfect conditions set to add to the already electric atmosphere.

The Socceroos had their first look at the revamped MCG yesterday before another testing training session under the watchful eye of coach Guus Hiddink.

The Dutch mastermind fronted a huge media throng in the bowels of the stadium to show his appreciation of the thousands of fans who will cheer his team on tonight.

"For a friendly game it's a surprisingly high number of people coming and I'd like to thank them all for coming to wave goodbye to the team for Europe," Hiddink said.

"It is an exception for a friendly game and it means a lot for Australian football and the future of Australian football."

Hiddink was confident a packed MCG would help his players overcome any tiredness after a gruelling three-day training camp at Port Melbourne.

"Of course, there might be some fatigue, but this crowd and the atmosphere will challenge them in overcoming the fatigue," he said.

But he warned Greece would be hell-bent on restoring some pride after it failed to qualify for the World Cup.

"When, as they are not, in the world championship, you want to have some sort of revenge and you want to show the world you are the champion of Europe," Hiddink said.

"It will be a good game to see where the boys are."

One man who will not be among the green and gold is Tony Vidmar. The veteran defender was ruled out of the World Cup with an irregular heartbeat five weeks ago.

A shattered Vidmar, a member of four Australian World Cup campaigns, couldn't hide his devastation last night as his teammates prepared to take the field.

The 35-year-old broke down in tears as members of the media gave him a standing ovation.

He played a pivotal role in guiding Australia past Uruguay last November.

"Six months ago I was on top of the world and now it's all been turned upside down," Vidmar said.

"It's been difficult watching the players, but they treat me as one of them and tell me I'm still part of the team, which is nice to hear.

"Maybe it just wasn't meant to be."

Creative midfielders Tim Cahill and Harry Kewell and striker John Aloisi will also be out of action tonight.

Australian Idol runner-up Anthony Callea will sing the national anthem, while the renowned Qantas Choir will perform as both teams go through their warm-ups on the field.

It has been 32 years since Australia's one and only World Cup appearance.

Their golden dream was finally realised after overcoming Uruguay in a nerve-racking penalty shootout in Sydney last November.

The Socceroos leave for Europe tomorrow where they will meet up with injured teammate Kewell and play further warm-up games against Holland on June 4 and Liechtenstein on June 7.

They tackle Asian champion Japan in their World Cup opener at Kaiserslautern on Monday, June 12.

And one lucky fan among the thousands at the MCG tonight will join them on their World Cup journey.

Airfares and tickets to the July 9 World Cup final, worth more than $30,000, await the spectator seen wearing a gold headband.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

fleur
May 26 2006

Bang the Drum for Germany
Herald Sun
By Sam Edmund
May 26, 2006

AUSTRALIA was given a thunderous send-off to its first World Cup campaign in 32 years after a 1-0 victory over Greece at the Melbourne Cricket Ground last night.

A record crowd of 95,103 packed the stadium to see the Socceroos off in spectacular style, with a raucous sea of gold rocking the revamped stadium.

Hometown hero Josip Skoko started the party in the 16th minute, sending a cracking volley into the back of the net to put the Socceroos up 1-0.

Melbourne's Greek community provided vocal support for the visitors, but the stirring response to Anthony Callea's rendition of Advance Australia Fair indicated the European champion was definitely facing an away match.

In the stands, Australia's gold outnumbered Greece's blue and white. The huge crowd created a carnival atmosphere, chanting, singing, banging drums and blasting hooters throughout the 90-minute contest.

Prime Minister John Howard cancelled his attendance at the last minute because of East Timor concerns, but Opposition Leader Kim Beazley was among those in the stands cheering on the World Cup-bound Socceroos.

Melbourne NBA star Andrew Bogut, Olympians Cathy Freeman and Steve Moneghetti, and Australian rules footballers Shane Crawford and Aaron Hamill were there as the world game took over the home of their code.

Each Socceroos player was welcomed on to the turf with a cheer, but the biggest roars were for Melbourne-born stars Mark Viduka and Marco Bresciano.

Melbourne was consumed by the event hours before kick-off as city streets, restaurants and pubs were swamped by fans swathed in green and gold.

Thousands more stood glued to the action at Federation Square and the Lonsdale St and Russell St Greek precinct.
Tens of thousands of spectators arrived early and a sparkling MCG was half-full as the two teams went through their pre-game warm-up half an hour before kick-off.

The match was a sellout, with fans snapping up an additional 3000 seats within minutes a week ago.

Rival Socceroos and Greece fans faced each other outside the stadium, chanting national slogans at each other. Some couldn't make up their minds and wore the colours of both nations.

Merchandise stalls did a roaring trade, with Australia scarfs the most popular item, while attendants handed out free Socceroos banners and inflatable hands.

Even police vans were not immune to the excitement, with Socceroos green and gold plastered all over the front of one.

"This is pretty exciting. It's been a big build-up but it will get bigger in the next few weeks," Paul "Sibba" Silver beamed.

Teenager Julian Baumach arrived on a plane from Sydney dressed head to toe in gold.

"I would never miss this. The Uruguay game was the best night of my life," he said.

"It's only a friendly but it's important for the World Cup."

Eddie Amoretti was so overcome by the build-up to the clash that he left work at 2pm.

"I just love this game," the aptly named fan said.

"I've been through all the heartbreak and now we're going to Germany."

Earlier, the Australia women's team beat Mexico in the curtain raiser 2-1.

The Matildas fell behind early in the first half before fighting back with two goals in the second.

The Socceroos leave today for Europe and their first World Cup since 1974, which was staged in the former West Germany.

Australia had suffered a string of World Cup qualifying heartbreaks before the golden dream was finally realised in a thrilling penalty shootout victory over Uruguay last November.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

October 21st 2006: Tri-nations Rugby Match -National Anthem

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

"He can sing can't he? Anthony Callea. The Australia players they did their best to sing along, but that last note .. that got them."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

26-12-2006: All-star X1 Boxing Day Test Match
* Cancelled performance of the National Anthem due to rain delaying start of match

diissee
Dec 15 2006

An All-star XI for MCG
Herald Sun
December 15, 2006 12:00am

STAR-spotting could rival the cricket as a sport at the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

Dancing man Hugh Jackman and British talk-show host Michael Parkinson will be there, as well as Prime Minister John Howard, Livinia Nixon, Rob Sitch, Bud Tingwell and Ed Phillips.

Pocket rocket Anthony Callea will sing the Australian anthem, while new Sony BMG signing British-born Amy Pearson, who was discovered by Take That star Gary Barlow, will perform God Save the Queen.

And look out for Olympic swimmer Giaan Rooney, Cricket Australia's green and gold ambassador, who will encourage fans to take on the Barmy Army by donning the Australian colours.

Not to be outdone, Brooke Hanson is the face of day two fo the Ashes Test - ladies day.

diissee
Dec 26 2006

MCG Record Forecast for Warne
Grant McArthur
December 26, 2006 12:00am

GREY skies will not put a dampener on record crowds expected for the Boxing Day Test today.

Up to 98,000 fans will begin queuing outside the MCG from 6am, with gates opening for members chasing the best seats at 7am.

Early rain is expected to clear before the 11am start and not disrupt play.

But it may still whet fans' appetites by giving Ricky Ponting reason to bowl first, handing Shane Warne the chance to claim his 700th Test wicket on Australian cricket's biggest day.

The Australian captain said he expected rain on the first few days to produce a lively wicket and make batting difficult.

"There is a little bit of grass on it. There will probably be a little bit of moisture around in the surface," he said.

"I think the reason the scores have been low here has been because it has nipped around in the first couple of innings."

With Warne and Glenn McGrath announcing their retirement, Australia winning back the Ashes and huge support from the Barmy Army for England, Ponting was expecting an electric atmosphere.

"This year is going to be just enormous," he said.

"And now with Shane having announcing what he has I'm sure (the fans) are going to be even more vocal and supportive this week than ever before.

"It's always a special game here to come and play on this ground.

"It's my favourite ground to play on anywhere in the world and the atmosphere is going to be electric as we all know."

All general admission tickets have been sold as allocated seats, but MCC boss Stephen Gough advised fans to arrive early.

"People are advised to allow plenty of time to get in to allow for queues and bag searches," he said.

"There is no point arriving half an hour before start of play and expecting to see the first ball."

The MCC is relaxing its no-umbrella policy but won't allow them to be raised during play.

While light rain and 19C are tipped for the first few days, weather bureau forecaster Michael Halfpenny said there was no reason for fans to stay away.

"It may look a little grey at the start, but we do not expect there to be any problems," he said.

"If there are any interruptions to play it will be very brief."

As well as soaking in the atmosphere of what is hoped to be the biggest five-day crowd to watch a Test, there will be plenty of pre-match entertainment.

Players and officials will be presented with medallions to mark the 100th Test played at the MCG in a ceremony before play.

Anthony Callea will sing the national anthem before proud Victorian and cricket great Bill Lawry carries the Australian flag on to the ground to lead the Australian side.

England was forced to train indoors yesterday when heavy rain began minutes before their Christmas Day net session, but it provided a homely atmosphere for a private Christmas lunch with their families at a Southbank hotel.

The Australians managed a light voluntary training session before the rain. However, Warne and McGrath chose to skip training to be with their families.

The team then enjoyed a Christmas lunch with their families and Santa at Crown casino.

Lea
Dec 26 2006

Weather permitting ....

they just mentioned that they may have to forgo the Anthems because of the rain delaying play...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

March 31st 2007: Golden Slipper -Rosehill Gardens -National Anthem

the_voice
post Mar 23 2007

Anthony is listed as doing a Track Performance in the Harbour Agency Gig Guide :)

Anthony Callea-Track Performance

Sat 31st March 2007 Rosehill Gardens Racecourse-Rosehill,NSW - 1.50 PM :)

http://www.theharbou....com/gig-guide/
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

Mz Callea
Mar 26 2007

hello0o0o
ok well I emailed them as there were a few things I wanted to know and these are the replies I got

Hi Melissa,

In the General Admission area you will be able to see Anthony Callea perform.

He will be singing 3 songs including the National Anthem and 2 of his hits. He will be performing in the Parade Ring which is viable from the front of the JR Fleming stand where the jockeys get on the horses.

You must be accompanied by a responsible adult to gain entry and it is free for patrons under 18.

Entry for Adults over 18 is $30.

Regards,

Stephen

extra info re Anthony Callea.

He will be performing at 3 different times, 1 approximately 1.50pm and the other at 3.10pm and 3.25pm (National Anthem). He will be finished by 3.30pm.

Hope you have a great day on AAMI Golden Slipper Day.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

[vina]
Mar 31 2007

i had a faaaaaaaaantastic day
wendy and i got there at 10 and we met maz who was alreayd there..
then bev and kaz came and we searched the stage for like aaaaaaaaaages until we found it and stayed there..
I scored a foto with Tom Williams yay
minutes b4 the 1st performance (Addicted To You) Anth came and I got a pic with him yay. then of course i said how proud i am off him and wished him well..

He performed really well i thought! i just miss watchin him live and it was fun fun fun
waited again and again and he sang the prayer my gooooooooooossshh it was EXCELENT! this was i think THE PERFORMANCE.
i asked him "did your horse win?"
he said "na. 2nd.."
lol so he DID place a bet hehe..

The national anthem (Which im sure most of you would've seen) was also well done! Made me so proud

All in all today was great to catch up with forum members!!

ps. WENDY got her first foto on her bday! congrats lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

jaffa
Apr 1 2007

Had a great day at the races yesterday Anthony was awesome. He looked georgous as usual. Great catching up with everyone again. My hubby who was capturing it on video for me said that he heard someone behind him say "so he really does have a good voice doesn't he". Its great to know there are people out there still getting to know how good he is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

callea-ly_perfect
post Apr 1 2007

Sorry I couldn't post a review yesterday, my net wasn't working argh! But anyway *spaz* x 18723481655136 ASDFOIHGAOSIDFH!!!!!

OMG yesterday seriously felt like a dream. It was everything I hoped for and so much more, I still can't believe it happened! *pinches self*
I met Vina first, and we thought we were gonna look like misfits cos our dresses weren't very formal but thankfully it wasn't all that formal at the races hehe. When we arrived, we kinda wandered around aimlessly cos no one seemed to know exactly where Anthony would be performing, we asked almost every security guard we saw and the information desk too but they were all pretty much clueless. :blink:

We met up with Bev, Caz, Marianne, robinson, and jaffa and her hubby later. :D
An hour later, (thanks to Bev) we finally located the stage he was gonna be performing on and camped out there for 2.5 hrs before Anthony finally appeared!!!!!! *SPAAZZZZ* AHHHH!!! Vina told him it was my birthday lol, so he said happy birthday and I finally got a photo with him!! *spaz* Yay, my first ever photo with him! *dies* Actually I got two, but in the first pic, he couldn't get through the thorn bush so Vina took a pic of me with him in the background 'holding' a rose :lol:

So I went around over the other side a little while later to take a proper one. Vicky took this one for me:
Posted Image

I started taking multiple shots of the back of his head on my camera and I felt like those extremely desperate paparazzi people who hide behind bushes taking pictures of celebs without their knowledge :lol: But it was fun! hehe.
Here are few of them:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At 1:46pm, he sang Addicted To You. There was no stage band or anything (or maybe I didn't notice cos I was too focused on someone else :lol:) so I'm pretty sure he sang to an instrumental track. It sounded amazing!! His voice was so strong and his falsetto was absolutely incredible. He made many of those little impromptu changes he usually does with every performance, and it just sounded so great!! During the chorus, Vina and I decided to scream out 'COS I'M ADDICTED TO YOU', and right at the same time a guy happened to walk infront of us and he turned around and gave us the weirdest look LOL.

After his performance, he walked over to the side to watch the next race. I remember him jumping up and down punching his fist into the air while cheering on his horse :lol:, it was the most ADORABLE thing EVER :wub:. I so regret not having that caught on camera!! It was just so cute!

At 3:15pm, he performed The Prayer. Omg, that was seriously PERFECT. Every note, every gah�EVERYTHING. Just perfect. Just before he started singing, I remember an old lady next to me (to whom Bev gave a copy of ANC to spread the Callean love) said 'Oh I love this one' :wub:. His voice rang out and filled the entire arena, and everyone was in silent awe. It was simply beautiful. I didn't want it to end!!

Before he finished off with the anthem at 3:25pm, Vina and I got our official forum tags signed *spaz* while Marianne had her ANC cover signed.

More pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AHH!! It was the best day EVER!! Definitely the best birthday I've ever had!! Oh and he blew me a kiss too! *dies*

It was great meeting you guys!! :D

Wendy
xoxo
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

traxlmaz
post Mar 31 2007

ok guys I will post my review later as I know you are all eager to see some pics of today.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON OTHER FORUMS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

*many more pics uploading now keep checking back!

here are some
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks guys!
Posted Image