• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Posted by Diissee

We'll See Mariah in the Raw -Husband
The Daily Telegraph
12-12-2012

MARIAH Carey’s husband Nick Cannon has bagged a summer job, with news he will support his superstar wife when she tours in January.

Cannon, a comedian, singer and feuding rapper, will play a DJ set to open Carey’s New Year’s Day show at the Gold Coast — one of only three dates on her Australian jaunt.

Australia’s Got Talent winner Andrew De Silva and singer Anthony Callea will also support Carey.

Carey, a new judge on American Idol, handpicked De Silva and Callea because of their reality show history.

Cannon and Carey married four years ago.

Carey and Cannon have twins, Monroe and Moroccan, who will travel to Australia for the summer dates.

Cannon has said many people misinterpreted his wife but they would understand her when the new season of Idol debuted soon.

‘‘ People don’t know my wife’s sense of humour,’’ he said.

‘‘ They’re about to get the whole Mariah Carey raw and uncut — and see the woman that I fell in love with.’’

Cannon has also feuded with Eminem after the rapper dissed Carey in a rhyme.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Posted by Diissee

My Gift from Hell
SMH
Rachelle Unreich
16-12-20122012

http://www.smh.com.a...1213-2bc9t.html

Mini disco balls, cheesy figurines, hideous vases and a note from Santa saying Mum's pregnant. The gifts that make socks and perfume look good.

Just because you're a Melbourne celebrity doesn't mean Santa's always on the money when it comes to picking the perfect little something. Has our local talent ever wanted to re-gift their presents? Hell, yes. Here they reminisce about the ones that stand out in their memories - for all the wrong reasons.

Anthony Callea

''To be honest, if I got a really bad gift, I couldn't re-gift it. I would either throw it out, throw it in the back of a cupboard, give it to my mum (she'll take anything … oops), or give it to St Vinnie's. I have re-gifted bottles of champagne before, but who hasn't? I can't give a gift to someone that I don't personally like, hence I have given things away that I have bought for myself a few times, mainly because I ran out of time in getting them a gift.''

Tim Campbell

''Not that I didn't appreciate the thought, but Christmas is all about giving, so I had no hesitation giving a 'beautiful' - by beautiful, I mean hideous - vase and photo frame combo to St Vinnie's after Christmas celebrations a few years ago. I want to thank that certain relative for giving joy to someone who now displays them proudly in their home - what home would they go in, I ask? - and for helping to provide much needed funds for St Vincent de Paul.''

The best of times

It's not all fake happiness when it comes to present opening; these stars reveal their most memorable or best gifts.

Anthony Callea

I did buy my partner a sky-diving experience … the whole kit and caboodle, photos, video etc. However, after two false alarms after we arrived - due to the weather and my anxiety and nerve levels going through the roof - I asked him not to do it! Come to think of it, I never got him another gift to replace that one … oops!

Tim Campbell

When I was younger, the kids down the street tried to convince me that Santa wasn't real. But when I received a new BMX bike with Tuffs and Spokey Dokeys - look it up, kids! - I knew mum and dad wouldn't have given me that, for sure!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Posted by Diissee

Candlelight's Warm Glow
SMH
Amanda Dunn
20-12-2012

http://www.smh.com.a...1219-2blpi.html

Anthony Callea is a Carols by Candlelight veteran, but his heart still races.

It's just not Christmas without Carols by Candlelight, Anthony Callea says.

GIVEN he's about to sing in his ninth Carols by Candlelight, you might think Anthony Callea would take it all in his stride by now, that the stage of the Myer Music Bowl would be as familiar as his lounge room.

But even for this long-term member of what the show's hosts like to refer to as the ''Carols family'', the occasion is enough to make his heart race.

''It's one of the most nerve-racking gigs of the year,'' he says.

This is, in part, due to its scale and emotion: Callea will never forget the first time he stepped on the stage to sing, and looked out into the sea of candlelight. ''It looks as though it goes on forever,'' he says.

For many Australians, the Carols formula is as comforting as a glass of eggnog. Well-known singers dress up in gowns and suits and sing Christmas songs; Santa puts in an appearance for the kids before the sun sets and the camera pans out to endless shots of people waving candles and babies wearing santa hats, fast asleep. For people at home, it can be the last chance to draw breath before the onslaught of the next day, perhaps wrapping a few last presents or preparing part of lunch while allowing the festive spirit to seep in through favourite songs.

This year, Callea will be joined by other regulars such as Marina Prior, Hi-5, Denis Walter, Sylvie Paladino, the National Boys Choir and the Australian Girls Choir to mark the 75th anniversary of Carols, which raises money for Vision Australia. The Today show's Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson will again host the night, and Channel Nine will also make the most of the success of singing show The Voice by bringing top-four contestants Rachael Leahcar, Darren Percival and Sarah de Bono into the fold.

The cast of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum will belt out a number, as will Lisa McCune, Rob Mills, Lucy Durack and Tim Campbell. All this will happen under the experienced eye of musical director John Foreman, who will lead his 10th Carols by Candlelight.

''It's just a beautiful evening, I love the spirit of it,'' says Prior, who is celebrating her 21st year on the Carols stage. She remembers sitting on the grass as part of the audience when she was a child, and how much she enjoyed it. ''I love the atmosphere of it,'' she says. ''It's just such a joyful experience.''

As has become customary, Prior will sing Angels We Have Heard on High (you might know it better as the one with the hallelujah chorus) and Mary's Boy Child. Callea's song list for the night is, apparently, a secret, though he will own to having a favourite: a slightly less well-known Celine Dion song called Don't Save It All for Christmas Day.

As for the more traditional fare, he does have a particularly fond memory of singing an acoustic version of Silent Night with Lorin Nicholson in 2006, which he describes as ''quite beautiful''.

Prior says carols can be quite difficult to sing: ''They're deceptive because a lot of songs seem simple, but simple things are difficult to sing well.''

Callea agrees. ''You have to be on your full game to get out there and perform them,'' he says.

So there might be the occasional hiccup along the way: Callea remembers singing Ave Maria one year, only to have a mental blank on some of the lyrics, which were, fortunately, in Latin.

''I think I just made up some vowel sounds,'' he says, laughing.

But he wouldn't miss it. For him, performing at Carols marks the beginning of his Christmas, and it wouldn't be the same without it. ''It's a really cool thing to be a part of.''

Carols by Candlelight screens on Channel Nine on Monday night at 8pm.

and another little article in their Tv Guide.

Monday 24th December
Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, Channel Nine, 8pm

HAVING been around for 75 years, this gaudy spectacle is as much a part of the Australian Christmas experience as a steaming four-course lunch on a 40-degree day. Chances are there's someone at every Christmas Eve gathering who insists on the strangled carols blaring in the background, and who'll still mist up when Santa appears for the finale with the usual line-up of reality starlets and network talent. Today's Lisa Wilkinson and Karl Stefanovic again front a roll-call of familiar faces, including Lisa McCune, Denis Walter, Silvie Paladino, Tim Campbell, opera singer David Hobson, Wicked star Lucy Durack and Shane Jacobson (aka Kenny the portable-loo guy). Reality talent show contestants past and present include Anthony Callea, Rob Mills and Rachael Leahcar from The Voice. Cast members (but not necessarily Geoffrey Rush) of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum are expected to feature, as is the usual close-up coverage of toddlers nodding off into their candle cups throughout the night.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Posted by Diissee

Timeless Classic's - The Perfect Gift
SMH - Spectrum lifout