Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

HIP HIP HOORAY!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!
Posted Image

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY to our NEW ACOF!! :party0009: :party0009: :party0009:

Can you believe that it was on this date one year ago that the NEW ACOF was launched? This year also marks 7 years since we began following Anthony’s music journey (2004 -2011)and 6 years since ACOF actually came into being (2005). They are all amazing milestones and ones that we celebrate and are very proud to be a part of.

So, we are here celebrating a special day and not one of us will ever forget where it all really began …… 2004, tuning in each week as we watched Anthony's Idol journey reach the Grandfinal and we saw the release of his first single, 'The Prayer' make Australian music history as it became the fastest and highest selling single.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBGFImy00H8

2004 Idol Appearances

Anthony's initial Official Website was launched in March 2005 with the Official Forum (ACOF) officially opened March 11th, 2005. The new Website and forum was officially launched on September 1st 2010. Before the close of the old and the new website and forum opened, 1,444,970 posts had been made by members and 366 posts by Anthony. Since the opening of the new forum,there have been 28,949 posts, 1,271 members join and 47 posts by Anthony :)

Idol beginnings, they never were, as Anthony worked extremely hard throughout the tv series, continued beyond in a frenzy of appearances, concerts, etc and continues to do so today.

Anthony's latest appearance was just last week when he joined fellow Australian artists for the charity concert, Dueting it for the Kids.

Thank you Di for the clip :) and Lea for posting the photos, courtesy of
http://www.contactmu...ll_cro_25x08x11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7MeroOFSU&feature=channel_video_title

Posted Image Posted Image

:3: :party0009:

Anthony Callea has undeniably cemented his name as one of Australia's most recognised singers and entertainers.

Please click on a few links, follow and enjoy reliving many treasured moments ... :yes-2:

Albums, Tours & Appearances, Musical Theatre, Awards, Television Charity Support, Career Highlights, The Prayer

**Handing over to Nonna ** :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

1 year OMG!!!

What can I say about the ACOF roller coaster ride? It's been HUGE. It's been FUN. It's ever CHANGING!!

Are you ready??? We can feel the ride accelerating, getting closer.

Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?

If you look around.....Anthony's twitter, facebook, website and forum :lol: :lol:

Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?

Now, tell me
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?

AnthonyCallea
In studio...finishing touches on the new single!
3 minutes ago

:3:

AnthonyCallea
Not long now..... Stay tuned! :-) RT: @imbreezyslover I miss @AnthonyCallea's music..
8 hours ago

ACOF, Anthony Callea Official Forum - it's a place for visitors and members to find information about Anthony's music releases, performances and concerts, it's a 'home' for many fans where they come together to .. help keep the forum up-to-date with news, articles and photographs, take part in discussions, share reviews, photos and youtube clips, keep track of important events with the 'count downs', see our patience tested while we wait for those numerous ACOF CORNERS and give support to each other when in need of extra comfort, care, understanding and advice.

It is all a part of what ACOF is and what it means for each and every one of us.

The Essence; the purpose we all log on is to read, post, share & enjoy; to celebrate the MAN, Anthony Callea and his music and that is Our Joint Journey on ACOF.

IT'S STILL & ALWAYS WILL BE THE VOICE!!!!!! – talented, powerful, passionate ……

It's those deep, velvety masculine notes, :wub: OH THE GOOSEBUMPS, THE :Heart: PALPITATIONS, it's the beautiful, haunting falsetto, it's the bluesy, jazzy sounds, it's the infamous 'callean growls', it's the power notes, it's the spine tingling moments that have you holding your breath and that reduce you to tears!.

It's the up-tempo song, it's the ballad, it's role of mentor on It Takes Two and Ultimate School Musical, it's the emotional delivery of lyrics, it's the journey you are taken on when you hear that voice, it's the connection with the audience at concerts, it's about seeing Anthony striving to do his best, it's about giving his best musically and entertainment wise, it's the heart and soul of the performance!

IT'S ANTHONY’S PRESENCE!!!!!!! – caring, humorous, generous, cheeky, teasing …… :lol:

AnthonyCallea Anthony Callea
The new track... lockerz.com/s/133857896
29 Aug

It's the way his smile and eyes light up the screen or magazine photo, it's the time taken to say hello to fans, to pose for photos, it's the personal replies to fan mail, it's the 'sneaky' posts and messages left on the forum, it’s the replies to tweets and facebook (it's the buzz that it creates when he does), it's the time taken after concerts and other appearances to meet fans and sign collectables, it's the video messages, it's the appreciation and acknowledgment of the fans loyal support, it's fans travelling the breadth of the country to see him perform.

It’s all of this and so much more!!

Happy Birthday to ALL

:cheers:

#3 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

With the change over from the old forum to the new, as much as possible was collected and transferred here. It was both a time of sadness and excitement. There was so much there, memories from 5 years of support. As much as was possible was saved from the old forum and has since been archived; it is a lasting and growing record of Anthony's career from it's beginning in 2004 until the present, 2011 and into the future.

We hope that during the past year you have found your way around the new forum, enjoyed and discovered all that has been archived.
Don't you love the new feature, linking media to the forum...that we can link directly to youtube? I do :)

Please allow us to add some archived links for you to read through.

Anthony's Messages & Posts
Newspaper Articles, Video and Radio Media Photo Gallery

I love this quote -
"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helps you."

We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for each other. Everything we have achieved and embraced has been because we have supported each other.

A very sincere and appreciative “thank you” to each and every one of you; member and guest alike. You show your support for Anthony, whether it be on ACOF, on twitter, facebook, blogs, youtube, or by attending concerts, shows, appearances, with each other, your family and friends. Be a PROUD ACOFian and CALLEAN! :thumbsup: :thankyou: Your loyal and continued support is amazing.

For us Anthony's music is by far, the best that we’ve have heard from a male vocalist in ever so long (in our humble, yes, some would say biased opinion :yes-2: ). He continues to goes from strength to strength, musically and vocally, forever trying to be the best he can be and give the best of himself that he can. The gift of his music connects hearts and souls world wide and long lasting friendships have been cemented. That is very special indeed.

We have yet to pinpoint with a definitive answer, what it is about Anthony’s voice that reaches our souls. It just does.

Like that cappacinno and chocolate cake, yummo, Posted Image,

the warmth of the sun on your back, the magic of a setting sun,

the hypnotic sound of lapping waves on the beach Posted Image,

you know what it is ... but each time you experience it, you feel that you can become lost in the experience. It lingers, it is perfect! So it is when hearing those first notes from Anthony. It feels as though we are taken taken to a place that is our own, whatever that may be. It is simply being in the moment, and in that moment, that is all there is. For me personally, I think it is the tone and timber of Anthony's voice, rather than any song, genre or delivery. The tone just gets to me every time.

Like so many of us, we just wish to hear more....that's such a great compliment, wouldn't you agree?

Thank you for your music Anthony and for being the caring, generous, talented young man that you are. It's all because of you, that we are here!

As we embark now on another acofian year, Anthony, we wish you continued happiness and success, always ..... and may we enjoy the best of times as we continue to celebrate together, Anthony's career in 2011 and beyond. Very excited!!!

YOU ARE AMAZING PEOPLE and the GREATEST FANS!!!!!

Dont't forget....

Here you can Check for official updates!
Anthony's Official Website

and you can Follow Anthony's tweets!
Anthony's Twitter

also you can "Like" Anthony's facebook page!
Anthony's facebook page

Thanks for reading and enjoy your day :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

Happy first day of Spring (which you may gather by now, I like) :)

Hip Hip Hooray!! Happy Birthday ACOF. :happybd1:

.... leaving you with one of my fav performances by Anthony ....

Thanks mairanya for the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2ZjMwxFiI

Do you have a favourite Anthony moment.... a youtube clip, a photo, a story, a performance, a concert, a song???? We would love to hear.

Wishing you all a day filled with things that make you smile!!! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

Yay, I was right. Happy Birthday to ACOF v2.

So many fabulous memories of various Anthony performances...you could post almost all the Carols Performances here and I'd be happy, but the song that stunned/awed me the most was from 'Songs From The Movies'

:thud:

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#6 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ACOF!!!!!!!!!!!! :birthday-candles:

There are so many wonderful memories its really hard to think of one memorie.:unsure: Maybe I will do two memories if thats alright?

I felt so special and excited when I saw that Anth wrote back to me back in may when I posted about my gallbladder surgery.This is what he said

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Stay strong lovely!

Good to have you back! x

I remember just reading that made me feel heaps better. I was so suprise that Anth took time out of his busy day to wish me well it just warmed my heart.:Heart: What a sweety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdz1w06PqI0&feature=youtu.be

Just one of my favorite performances. Anth sounds and looks great and I love watching him bop around the stage.

:0196041001299295582: :mynationality:

86ca4605-0412-4edf-a30d-5fa4d25fea6e.jpg

#7 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Zia and Lea I didn't know how to paste the links right so if one of you would like to fix the links up in my post you are more than welcome.

:thankyou: Thanks Lea and Zia for all your help with everything over the last 12 months.

:thankyou: Also thanks to you both again, Nonna and the rest of moderators for all your hard work behind the scences and in front of the scences we would all be lost without you guys,:bravo: Heres a toast to you all. xxxxxxxx :cheers:

And last but not least a big THANK YOU TO YOU ANTH. If it wasn't for you we all won't be here. You are just wonderful in everyway. :blow-kiss:

#8 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

Happy Birthday!!1 ACOFians!!!!

Althought this page is new!!

We all began sometime ago!!!

Next week we will take a stroll down memory lane!!

#9 Cugina

Cugina

Almost

• Moderator Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Zia and Lea I didn't know how to paste the links right so if one of you would like to fix the links up in my post you are more than welcome.

:thankyou: Thanks Lea and Zia for all your help with everything over the last 12 months.

:thankyou: Also thanks to you both again, Nonna and the rest of moderators for all your hard work behind the scences and in front of the scences we would all be lost without you guys,:bravo: Heres a toast to you all. xxxxxxxx :cheers:

And last but not least a big THANK YOU TO YOU ANTH. If it wasn't for you we all won't be here. You are just wonderful in everyway. :blow-kiss:

Well said Vicki - and thankyou. I've fixed up your links, great choice of song there!

#10 the_voice

the_voice

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

Wow cant believe its already been a year this coming year should be an exciting one bring on the new music :disco:

A very Happy Birthday to ACOF :yes-2: :3:

#11 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Oh Vicki, thank you, you're a sweetheart! :yes-2:

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#12 sambatropical83

sambatropical83

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Music blogger, music, musicals, drawing, traveling.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Happy birthday ACOFians!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Take It To The Heart

Take It To The Heart

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Happy Birthday ACOF. :happybd1:

Thanks to all who keep this forum running so perfectly, your time and work is really appreciated.

Can't wait to see what the next year has instore for us (so exciting).

Fantastic posts everyone. :)
Vicki I love Anthony's version of that song, always wish he had released it as a single.
thirtysig550b.jpg
2qa8j9w.gif

#14 jaffa

jaffa

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

Just wanted to also add my thanks to all those who keep this forum running and to those who post regularly and keep us up to date with all the latest news.

#15 jojop72

jojop72

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 5,355 posts
  • Interests:Anthony Callea
    l love everything about him
    His got great music
    a great voice
    Great laugh lol
    and is AMAZING on stage
    also like Ryan Sheppard from WICKED
    and Tim Campbell

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACOF :happybd1: :happybd1:

here to many more to come

Anth AMAZING
      d86a9341-25c1-441a-8e7b-8214db892477_zps  <p> 

#16 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Happy Birthday to all at ACOF - a home away from home.

#17 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

:birthday-balloon: A Very Happy 1st Birthday to the new ACOF ( OUR beautiful ANTHONY'S forum ) & all our wonderful members :birthday-balloon:

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Nonna Zia Lea & Di and all our wonderful moderators :hugs: who keep this wonderful forum going and work so hard to keep us up to date with everything happening in Anthony's world. Also for making this forum a place we all love to come and keeping it safe for us all. :hugs: :birthday-candles: We really appreciate everything you all do.

The BIGGEST THANK YOU of ALL to OUR beautiful ANTHONY :wub: without whom we wouldn't all be here and because of Anthony we have made such wonderful special friendships.Anthony's beautiful music has bought me so much joy and pleasure and he has bought me the most musical joy I have ever had. THANK YOU SO MUCH ANTHONY we are so PROUD of you. :wub:

I LOVE the beautiful songs of Anthony's that you wonderful girls have posted as I have loved every single song Anthony has ever sung. . I must agree with Lea Anthony singing " The Songs from the Movies" were certainly very very special. I LOVE " Oh Holy Night " and its one of Anthony's songs that I play in my car every day of the year.

I would love to put this beautiful song as just one of my many many favourites of Anthony's songs.

I also don't know how to post links so I would really really appreciate it if someone could post the link for me of " Don't Save it all for Christmas Day" such a inspirational beautiful song.

I've managed to copy and paste the link to this beautiful song ( I hope the link works ) one that brings back such beautiful memories. There is something just so special when Anthony sings in Italian its just so so beautiful even though I can't understand the words.

I have to also include this song because from the very first day I heard magnificent heavenly beautiful voice of Anthony's sing it it has always been and still is my very favourite song ever.

THANK YOU so much OUR beautiful ANTHONY for the joy and pleasure you and your music have bought into my life and THANK YOU all OUR ACOF family and I hope we have many many more years here together.

:happybd1: :birthday-balloon:

:1oltlj:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#18 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well said Vicki - and thankyou. I've fixed up your links, great choice of song there!

:thankyou: Thanks for fixing up my links for me.:thumbsup:

:0196041001299295582: :mynationality:

#19 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

Wow, I can't believe its been a year, Happy Birthday ACOF :3: :3: and to all the wonderful ACOFian's and to the Mod's and everyone who is part of keeping it going. That's a great opening post Zia.. :yes-2:

Here's to the next 12 months which will soon be buzzing away with new Anthony music :wub: to look forward to, bring it on. :party0009: :party0009:

c6f6be83-9dc3-4842-942a-949dd427c696.jpg

#20 Christine

Christine

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Happy Birthday ACOF. Thanks to everyone who keeps us updated with any news about Anthony. Your efforts are so much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users