Continued ...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

that's all folks lol! hope you enjoyed my pics from Rooty Hill!

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

Mrs Sara Callea
post Jul 31 2007, 02:09 AM

haha yeh well i just had to and plus i need more than 1 pic with him, now i have 2,and how many times have i tried and met him and didnt get one cuz they said no sad.gif But this time its easier.

OMG u got him holding my sign biggrin.gif How gorgeous was he when he said "she's so right" haha.

user posted image *sigh* wub.gif

Thats the only photo ive seen of ne1s that got him holding my sign other than me but i was zoomed in too much lol.

#26 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

The Garden Party - Featuring Anthony Callea & Jon Stevens
28/07/2007

Come out to Hunter Valley Gardens on the 28th of July for The Garden Party!

Enjoy delicious food and great Hunter wines, see Anthony Callea and Jon Stevens perform.
This event will be hosted in the breathtaking Hunter Valley Gardens, so you can make a day of it and explore the 60 acres of award winning Gardens before the show.

Ticket prices are $69 per person for General admission. A-Reserve tickets $84 per person.

Join us at Hunter Valley Gardens for The Garden Party and make 28th of July a day to remember!

Purchase tickets through Ticketek and Rover Coaches.

The show will go on rain or shine!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

jaffa
Jul 29 2007, 12:07 AM

Well I am back home and have just read the reviews from last night as I wanted to get an idea of how the concerts may have been different before I posted. Sounds like last nights concert was fantastic. He certainly added a bit more to last years concerts. Todays concert was different in a few ways I'm thinking mostly because there were so many support artists and they were running late, also the fact it was an outdoor concert and that it was starting to get quite cold. Anyway I guess I should start at the beginning.

The first thing about today was the weather was perfect. Nothing like the day we went to the Diana Ross concert. The show kicked off about 2.30 in the afternoon with the 3 support acts. They were all very good with the band 'Benjalu', a very young band probably the highlight.

Then Jon Stevens came out, he definitely had a strong support in the crowd and deservedly so. He was very good. He had not rehearsed having only just arrived from Brisbane so it was a very impromptu performance with him asking for requests from the audience. He had great stage presence and the crowd loved him. He was obviously having a great time and was told he only had time for 1 more song so the crowd were sad to see him go. So for Anthony I guess in many ways it was a challenge to come out after him as the main performer.

When he first come out those of us sitting up the front could not here Anthony over the band we yelled out to Anthony he was surprised said we may be sitting to close and wondered if the engineers would be able to do something. I was really stressing because it was Anthony's voice I wanted to hear. My friend who had come with me went back to the engineers and complained (sorry but good on her) they then ended up putting in more speakers and we could hear Anthony again. I was so happy because he sang beautifully.

He sang pretty much the same set as Rooty Hill but a few less songs . But what he did sing was brilliant. The songs he didn't sing were "Into your Heart" and "Now your Gone". He actually opened with "Stranded". There was also no costume change so no song by Susie and the Drummer. He seemed pretty relaxed, chatting with the crowd but I think perhaps a little less than at Rooty Hill. He starting drinking with orange juice but later moved onto the Chivas Regal. Perhaps with the colder weather his voice needed a bit more lubricating.

Anyway that is pretty much it, this was going to be a short review. The final thing today was I had 2 friends with me who had not seen Anthony before and they both thought he was really great. Definitely 2 new fans.

And to Anthony I have no doubt that you have the best vocals. I loved Jon Stevens performance and he has a great voice but he doesn't compare to you.

luv jan xo
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

jaffa
Jul 29 2007, 12:34 AM

(Mz Callea @ Jul 28 2007, 11:20 PM)

Thanks for that review Jan sounds like it was a great night

What was Anthony wearing???

He wore the same vest as the previous night. He did say he wasn't supposed to be wearing what he had on but it was so cold. Not sure what he meant by that but will need to have a closer look at my photos to see if anything else was different. So tired so thinking I need to go to bed but will look at my photos tomorrow. However they will all be a bit dark.

He didn't show he was nervous but I'm sure he was a little. The crowd were pretty good from where I was but I was up the front so not sure the response down the back. The crowd was pretty spread out it was hard to judge exactly how many were there. There was a good crowd though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

Vladimir
Jul 29 2007, 12:28 PM

I just had a look at Anthony's Myspace and someone has left a comment there about the Hunter Valley concert (a nice comment too!), so it must be over, and hopefully we'll get some reviews soon.

Haha, that was me who left the comment on his myspace. The Concert was absolutely amazing, I am so glad I went! All the performances were amazing, but Anthony's performance blew me away, he was looking good, and sounding incredible. The best night of my life.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Lynnette
Jul 29 2007, 01:31 PM

The concert at Hunter Valley Gardens was fantastic. The night was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky and a full moon to boot. What more could you ask for?! This is the first time I have seen Anthony live and it won't be the last. I've been a fan since the beginning of Idol and know that the only way is up for Anthony. Bravo - thankyou for a beautiful night Anthony. xx

PS Jon Stevens was great too!!!! Took photos of both guys with my SLR Camera (not digital) with 75-300mm zoom lens. Will scan and post when developed.

This post has been edited by Lynnette: Jul 29 2007, 01:43 PM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

sherian
Jul 29 2007, 04:51 PM

Hi I am new here, I have registered on here before but couldn't remember my user name.
I went to the concert last night in the gardens and what a night it was i met some lovely ladies (Bev and Kaz) Hi Girls thanks for everything hope you have a fantastic night in Dapto.
I took heaps of piccy's and videos and will post as soon as i upload.
Keep smiling
Sherie
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

jaffa
Jul 29 2007, 07:42 PM

Its great to see new members or old members joining the forum again after seeing Anthony perform live. It certainly seems he made quite an impression on people at the Gardens last night. I am so proud of him he definitely was amazing.

Yesterday while hanging around at the entrance I had the chance to talk to a few people who had won a meet and greet with Anthony. Also the young girls working were given the chance to meet him. They seemed like they were keen to meet him and after the meet they were commenting what a really nice person he was. He certainly makes people feel so comfortable and leaves them with a positive impression. Of course we all know what a beautiful person he is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

sherian
Jul 29 2007, 11:58 PM

here are a few from last night

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

just a couple more

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

nonnapat
Jul 30 2007, 10:36 AM

Anthony Its two days since I saw you at The Hunter Gardens concert. Congratulations on a great concert. You were absolutely spectacular. I didn't know your beautiful voice could get any better but your singing particually The Prayer and Live for Love were the best I have heard. You are getting even better if thats possible. You send shivers and bring such joy with every genre of music you sing you are definitely The Pocket Pavoretti. Thank you so much for such a fabulous concert. I think you will be absolutely great in Dead Man Walking good luck and good luck for the rest of the tour. You are the greatest. Love and support always. Nonna Pat xxxxxxxx0000000
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

anth 'n' fi
Jul 30 2007, 04:54 PM

Hi everyone (this is my first ever review)

I was there to see my two all time favourite singers , i didn't used to think anyone would come close to Jon
until Anth came along so this was my idea of heaven , mind you it was a freezing your butt off kind of
heaven. It was fanastic Stuart Fraser was back with Jon(the lead guitarist from Noiseworks or other people
might have seen him with John Farnham anyway seeing the boys back to together having fun ) it was like
a jam session with Jon asking people what songs they wanted to hear and of course it was Noiseworks stuff,
so it was relaxed and great fun.

Ok the Main Act and that's what Anth was like he was the man nothing better than watching him live, he was fansatic , brilliant wonderful everything that Anth is, nothing better in the world than watching him live. The Prayer was beautiful and not just the way he sung it that's always wonderful but he sung for the fans that have supported him over the past 3 years Loved everything and did an absolutely brilliant job of James Morrison's Undiscovered. The sound was crap sometimes the band was to loud and sometimes both him and the band were fading in and out during If Only especially which really ticked me off cause that is one of my favs but doesn't matter I'll be seeing him again soon. Maybe one of the other girls that were down the front can let you know more i was more towards the back but it seemed like Anth is still getting presents not flowers this time but scarfs . I love Anth but i don't know if i would have given up my scarf or mayb i'm just a wuss from sydney but it was cold did i mention the frozen butt

Can't wait for Fairfield yeah indoors but i would follow him anywhere to hear that voice

Luv Fi

P.S. the next day we went on a winery tour which was great , the chilli schnapps at Golden grape came
close to how hot our guy is
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Dapto Leagues Club, Wollongong, Nsw
29-7-2007

Posted Image

-Lena-
post Jul 10 2007, 06:02 PM

I love the smaller intimate venues for Anth concerts and this concert is sure to be a fun filled, up close and personal show.....

Can't wait for it to begin so is anyone else going? :)

Sunday July 29th is the date and there are some good seats still available.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Bella
post Jul 29 2007, 07:30 PM

Awesome show gang!

Same set list, as Fri, only Into Your Heart & Now You're Gone werent done. Same 2 costumes etc. He was on FIRE tonight! He was really chatty, cracking jokes, no sign of nerves whatsoever!

Standout for me was Here I Go Again, with Don't Tell Me also up there.

Crowd was pumping & he did a signing afterwards.

I have to dash as I have to go take care of bubby, but I shall be back to edit this and post more details later!

I caught up with Annie (hey sweetie!) and Jubes (hellooooooooooo!). A great show - my favourite so far!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

diissee
post Jul 29 2007, 07:36 PM

:party0009: :party0009: :party0009:
Better than Friday night....

:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

jubella
post Jul 29 2007, 08:03 PM

OK guys here's my review.
We picked Annie up and we arrived around 1.30. Wandered into the lounge area outside the venue room.
First thing we heard was Anth singing, we ran up the stairs to the show room , the door was open and there he was in his casuals sitting on a stool having a practise with the band singing Stranded, OMG how gorgeous he looked, we stood at the door and waved to him, he smiled back at us , then we got ushered out

Now to the show, where do you start, beautiful, beautiful ,beautiful ! Can't remember all the songs he sang or in what order but the ones that stood out for me were:
New Chapter
Here I go Again
Don't Tell Me
If Only
Stranded
The Prayer , (of course)

He sang brilliantly , as usual , the crowd was very receptive especially the two middle tables, which we were apart of. We certainly made ourselves heard. Met up with Bella , Lena and Kittykat. Hi guys ,soo sweet!
He had one pair of undies thrown at him, that were strategicly placed over one of the speakers at the front.The message on it said "call me"
He took my gift of chocolates during the last song which was Addicted to you and though it wasn't mentioned he did do a signing after, which we took advantage of
Talk about a pervefest! He's even more stunning close up !

My , he never ceases to amaze me , he is maturing in his performance, he is confident, relaxed, there is more conversation with some humour , he looks stunning , with such a great sense of style and I loved the fact that he had his cup of peppermint tea with him which he would take occasional sips. smile.gif Also we had the pleasure of some rather fragrant incense sticks burning ,care of Susie .

On to the next show !
jubella

This post has been edited by jubella: Jul 30 2007, 07:37 AM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Bella
post Jul 29 2007, 08:12 PM

The things that stood out to me from Friday to today mainly was the confidence. He always looks good, he always sounds good, but tonight he really had that audience connection. He was free from nerves and he was really cutting loose, so that obviously had a lot to do with the way he could engage the crowd. But his banter between songs was a lot more natural and freer and didn't seem scripted. He chatted about Diana Ross' costume changes (so many expensive outfits!) & how he stresses w/ the costume change, for fear of forgetting to do up his fly or his belt or SOMETHING . Also laughed about the stool that he sat on how it was all dusty and he struggled to sit atop it - "It's kinda big"

At another point in the show, someone called out " I love you" , to which he responded " I love you too , wherever you are....you'd better be good looking" then he giggled So he was quite quick-witted & funny. Oh the cutest thing - in HSB, he got a little girl from the crowd to go and help Susie be a BV laugh.gif She was really sweet and sang 'walk like that, talk like that' parts. Gorgeous little girl! At the end he said " You can go back to Mummy now" and he handed her back off the stage and he said "Luckily they come with a return policy"

The crowd was really receptive and he just had a ball, laughing and interacting with the band.

He had to dash off after the signing to get a flight back to Melb.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users