Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

fantasia
Sep 12 2005, 11:36 PM

So great to catch up with everyone & to meet face to face with people we feel we know through posting. Had a great time meeting & rocking with you Melancholy Rose, Anthony has really got us all moving.

Hold the Line was such a great opener, When Anthony exploded onto the stage with those so sexy moves he had us mesmerised! I Want You, was so moving. I felt last night's version of the Prayer was the best I have heard.it was a really powerful performance, & appreciated with a standing ovation. Bailamos, what can I say- great moves Anth! Walking Away, Route 66, sure favourites. Per Sempre and Don�t Tell Me, beautiful. Just love Don't Tell Me looking forward to the live version on the new single. Hurts so Bad, always fabulous. Wanna be the One, Into Your Heart, had everyone bopping along.

Definitely agree if Anthony can sing two songs on Sunrise can he sing Into Your Heart as well as Per Sempre? I'm sure everyone would love to hear him sing an uptempo song as well as a ballad.

He finished with BOTW, then sang Carwash and Rain as encores. Does anyone know of any song they don't like? I hear something new every time I listen to any of his songs.

Would like to see Anthony do Fever, Gimme Some Lovin and Glory of Love on some future concert.
Cheers Fantasia

#182 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

rshar0
post Sep 13 2005, 12:34 AM

AIRFARES: $122
ACCOMMODATION: $47.50
TRAINS/TAXI: $49
CONCERT TICKET: $40

SEEING ANTHONY CALLEA LIVE..... PRICELESS!!!

It's been a tiring but fun couple of days. In the last 42 hours or so I've slept 3.5 so I hope I can put some thoughts together. LOL.

I think I said my Brisbane concert review would be my last for ages. Well, I couldn't resist going along to Marconi with so many over 24s buddies in attendance from around Australasia. Not to mention getting to see another performance by the main man. smile.gif I can't remember what comments I made the last times so I hope I don't repeat myself too much from past reviews!

I liked Bella, the support act. I love country music and although I don't think they're my favourite sort of country I liked some of their songs well enough to buy their CD during intermission. Their voices harmonise great together and they sing well. Karen from Bella complimented Anthony, saying how his voice is impressive (or words to that effect) and doesn't hold back his singing. *sigh* He's a star. smile.gif

The intermission was shorter than the one at the previous concerts I'd been to so I was actually outside when all of a sudden I heard a rumble through the speakers and saw the darkened lights through the door. It was like CRAP!!!!!!! so I and a bunch of people had to bolt through the doorways to our seats. I missed most of the medley pre-recorded intro, which I LOVE (it's such a great way to get it all started) but made it in time for Anthony's opening "Hold the line, love isn't always on time."

Hold the Line is the kind of pop/rock that Anthony should do more of. It's upbeat, the drums and guitar kick a** and it allows him to show off the grunty, edgy side to his voice. It's so much fun and immediately creates an energy in the room. Brilliant. This is obviously a cover, but I hope we have some originals like this to come from him *hint hint* tongue.gif Hold the Line had all of this grunt, and awesome inflection in the vocal, aah I'm getting all like, "need it now" just thinking about it! Hehe.

Anthony was getting over a flu (bad flu, bad bad!! laugh.gif) the last time I saw him in concert but this time he was well and rip-roaring it up!! Anthony was great the last times I saw him, and so far and above other singers at 100% but last night, I so noticed the difference. He was on F I R E! With I Want You, the second song, I was quite aware of this fact and he sounded so awesome I could feel emotion building in me.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm pleased that with The Prayer he just introduced the song and didn't give some explanation for why it was third. It's less worrying and makes it seem totally normal for people. Maybe it is actually now it's normal spot. I dunno. smile.gif I'd guess someone wouldn't expect his signature song so soon, but what a tough tough song to do and it'd be a rare soul who could sing that song that way let alone continue on after. It is sensible to do it when he thinks he's at his strongest. My oath how he sings the song though, geez. biggrin.gif He held those notes with what seemed to be full power, and really held them. Perfectly dead on with the notes too. Sublime! I was like he's going to make me cry. In fact it looked to me like during this song Anthony got tears. His eyes certainly looked like they were wet. I don't think it was pain, because he went and did some freaking massively awesome notes in the song after that which he would not have done if it was that. My thought was he seemed emotional about it and that made me feel it even more so. I thought, he was feeling the song and with that and how divine he sounded I had to leap to my feet to ovation that. Incredible. Also, while the ovation was occuring his expression was of appreciation and utter humility. I loved that.

I can't say I've ever really listened to much Enrique and as I've said in the past Hero didn't do it for me that much but Bailamos certainly gets me. I love the vocal in it, and the music. It's an all round good song and Anthony moving to it.... ooh.... sorry lost in thought there for a second laugh.gif ... is a dangerous combination! LOL.

On Idol I think, correct me if I am wrong, that Anthony said he always wanted to do Walking Away so if that's the case I'm so happy for him that he's had the opportunity to do it at his shows. I so want him to be able to liveout his dreams.

Okay as well as having a love affair with Bailamos I have one with Route 66 too. You can't not move from side to side with it and the drums! Ugh! I keep wanting to do like quick impact movements to match the sharp drum beats. Hehe. I love the swing in the song and the keyboard part. Anthony sings the vocal easily and James Morrison is right, his phrasing is so cool!!! The final "on route" he sang it up purely again, which is like heaven to the ears.

Per Sempre... This song is so much more beautiful the way he sings it live, sitting there so simply and peacfully in the dark, with his voice filling the room. I finally got to hear it with the "le parole" sung up. So excited!! I'm looking forward to the single/DVD single/concert DVD to get this!! It's really stunning how the music is barely there and it's his voice all the way and my oath I don't know how many times I swore during the concert over impressive notes and amazing things he did. This song was certainly one. And he just leaps that interval to the top note like it is so friggin easy to get there. He hit it dead on the money, as he does, and it's like I can't wait for the rest of Australia to get to hear this from now!!! I can't be sure but looking at his eyes I think he may have gotten a little emotional with this song too.

When he introduced Don't Tell Me I was like SPAZ because we didn't get to hear that at the shows up our way, and it has to be one of the best songs he's ever sung. That he cowrote it, makes it even more special. I think that shows how much we the fans love having songs he wrote, and how they do mean so much more to us. They must to him as well. I was happy that he said that he cowrote it and exactly where people could find the song. Good going. LOL. This is part of how I'm sure people like Missy Higgins get their credibility. They'll introduce their songs and say something like, "this is the song I wrote..<insert story about song creation>" It connects people to the song emotionally, gives a story to tell at the show, and locks in for the listener that the person wrote it. Maybe there'll be some stories to tell with some new Anthony material coming our way across the years. Here's to hoping so anyway! smile.gif I'm glad he let people know he cowrote Don't Tell Me because it's an epic song. I seriously don't know what is going on with me because I'd go like a year or so without even shedding a tear and listening to his songs keep doing me in! The first time I heard Don't Tell Me it kept lifting up, then up again and it was building so much that I ended up in tears.

He didn't yet have the Hurts So Bad sing-a-long at the last shows I went to either. LOVE that addition. It gets crowd involvement (laughter at being crap too) and even better..... the a capella... Oh my gosh!! That is criminal!!! OOOH. I wanted everyone not to sing a note so that he would have to keep us practicising. See then he'd have to keep singing it like that. biggrin.gif I love, love, love the guitar in HSB and the sensual flow of it. For safety's sake I'm not even going to let myself try and recall his moves. biggrin.gif I love how he slows it down and a capella's the end too.

I'm happy he said he wrote Wanna Be the One too. Yes, he has tended to say this at other concerts too but I'm always pleased to hear him say it. With Don't Tell Me in the set hopefully the observant would realise the two are totally different songs and it showcases his versatility not only as a vocalist and performer, but as a songwriter too. I love how in the middle it eases out and then it starts building back into the tempo, which you really feel. When it kicks back in it's not just some beat and what it started with, it's into fantastic big notes and adlibs! That's a difference between an Anthony Callea dance number and one from some run-of-the-mill dance song maker. A great difference at that. smile.gif

The version he did of Lost in Summer last night was the best I've heard. There was lots of grunt in his vocal. The gotta feel the "sun" where he holds the word sun until the next chorus cuts in. Geez. I know I swore and was biggrin.gif then! I hadn't heard him sing it like that before. So cool.

I love the way he sang Into Your Heart last night too. He was expending so much energy on stage and then he sings that massive note in the middle, "I need to knoooooowwww" all the way til he ties it back into the next chorus too. To give you an idea, think almost Back at One in length there, wow. He comes down off it and 2 seconds later he's jumping up and down and I'm like how does he do it! You don't notice when he takes a breath visually or audibly and either side of that amazing note he is dancing like anything. He must be so fit and have such great breathing as a singer. Some thought to be respectable singers you hear their breathing when they are standing still singing normal notes. Here he is fully moving AND doing notes many would fail dismally at attempting and not sounding in the slightest anything but CD quality (usually better!) I'm tremendously impressed!!

Bridge Over Troubled Water... Thick, lush, tones. Hmmm. nice. He was also really holding and lingering on those notes, he really went the extra mile on so many. He pretty well did all night, but it was very noticable on Bridge. I could feel my emotions building there too. The note at the end, like the Idol version ending...held all as one . biggrin.gif:D

user posted image

Encore... I haven't heard Carwash since May and that and Hold the Line are my two favourite uptempo tracks from Idol. I wasn't expecting Carwash to even have a shot at being done again so I totally went off my nut I was so rapt! I definitely wasn't acting very mature at the moment haha. Anthony goes, "someone's excited" I wondered if it was me he heard :ph34r: oops LOL. It was the unexpected nature of it being done combined with how much I love the way he expresses that song that had me just burst like that! Anyone else doing the song and I am like, yeah whatever it's not that special, but the way Anthony does and it's like biggrin.gif He varies it so much and uses so many different types of intonation all in the one song. The key changes are fun too. He makes what could be a dull, repetitive song sound so funky!

user posted image

I really love how he really embraces the crowd even more with Rain and gets them singing it and how fun is it to try to group sing that! Great song! It leaves you with a very upbeat feeling.

I love hearing Anthony live with the great bass aspect to his voice intact. That thickness, and depth there is an asset so I hope they don't strip too much of it on the next CD. Getting to hear him sing live is one of the most gratifying things. Music is incredibly emotive and his vocal itself is sooo emotive plus he is physically expressive with how he performs.

Thank you to the powers that be for recording a concert for us because I'm keen to see it again. Thank you, thank you thank you Anthony for putting on such wonderful shows and always giving 100% of yourself to each and every show. It shows.

It's the first concert I've been to where he did a signing after so that was another special thing. I'm very glad he did one. I wanted one for Hellilac more than myself. He went through everyone who queued at that signing, which was quite a number, and he'd just done a full show. I'm very appreciative of that and it meant a lot to people.

(P.S. The photos in this thread I took without flash because I wasn't close enough to use it anyways, and I don't like to really use flash in case it bugs him, so sorry Anthony isn't lit that well in the pics)

I forgot a picture. This is from the signing.

user posted image

Secretsquirrel if you see this, that is Anthony signing your CD. smile.gif

#183 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

traxlmaz
Sep 12 2005, 08:51 PM

Anthony was absolutely fab last night at Marconi and not too mention hot as!

Here are my pics (sorry the lighting wasn't the best)

http://photobucket.c...l...20- Sep 05/

#184 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

Mrs Callea #1
Sep 24 2005, 01:40 PM

hey guys

these are my marconi photos i took with a film camera and i just got them back today must say they turned out way better than my digital, Enjoy tongue.gif

love sue

PLEASE DONT USE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MORE COMING!!!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

there u all go hope u like tongue.gif

#185 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

Continued ...

hey guys

these are some of my marconi photos as u can see they didnt turn out that well ill just have to wait for the others to be developed hope u guys enjoy. pic of the forum meetup is here as well.

love sue tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#186 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

DeJay
Sep 14 2005, 03:21 AM

Thats the thing about a three hour flight back home after a weekend of Anthony, it gives you a lot of time to think. On this Monday night I boarded the plane
saving the new copy of AC Official Story for a treat ....I'm reading the first paragraph of page 82 at exactly 7.45 and Hurts so Bad is played on the
flight and I get the most serious case of shivers and goosebumps.

Okay I'm questioning myself, what drives a mature professional woman's impetuous decision to drop everything to fly the distance to yet another two shows, to find herself pushing up the front with young teenagers, screaming, cheering and clapping until her hands smart..... and now with tears down her face as she recalls the exhilaration of the nights before. *people giving me the oddest looks* Okay i know what you're saying, this woman is in serious need of drugs right now...lol

I have to tell you Anthony gave us the shows we went to see. Doyalson was a more personal affair. The venue allowed me and my good friend Voiceofreason
to push up wonderfully close. You could really feel his presence and the vibration of his voice. His voice in real life has a magnificent resonance. It was reminescent of the Cairns show in that respect which I still hold like a treasure in my heart.

I think he must have taken the old "I'm feeling sexy" pills that night at Doyalson, because he simply oozed sexuality. Same songs, but tonight Anth's in a different mood. He's feeling the music down to his feet, but this time it's taking a major detour at his hips, gyrating like I've never seen him do before. He's thriving on the adulation. I'm thinking what a joy this young man is. What a performer. And what a voice. For me Per Sempre was the stand out song for that
performance, it was a different rendition and seriously, I had a rush of heat.

So on to Marconi for the second show there. This presents a bigger stage. Anthony owned it. He's been here before and the confidence that he exudes now,
after what, is it 25 something shows? he was there to be the showman he's become....moving his whole body now so well. It's obvious that he's been working hard again. The fluent variations to the songs were a joy. About three songs in, I managed to deliver the roses again from Voice and myself at the edge of the stage (defying the army of minders). He stooped down to take the flowers from me, smiled that generous, gorgeous angel smile. *notes his teeth are sparkling ivory*

My mission is complete......The rest of the night is simply bonus.

These marvelous few days over the Doyalson and Marconi concerts was about Anthony, of course it was, but it was also about the connection of spirit
and the comradarie of strangers of all ages brought together under the craziest circumstances. It was so exciting. You could feel it in the air as we all met up at the Marconi Pizzeria.

I've discovered this weekend I wasn't alone. I actually lost count of the number of people who said to me..."I'm not sure why I feel like this....no-one has ever had this effect on me before....I can't explain it". You know who you are who said that to me. A big hi to the lovely people of ACOF, CU & the overtwenty4um. It rocked didn't it? Also thanks to Voice and her wonderful husband *who would have to be nature's gentleman btw* for sharing this wonderful time with me.

What i discovered this weekend is life can be lived outside the square. It doesnt have to be confined by the choices you make early on in life. Be it through the love of music, the spirit and drive of a young man, someone elses journey, their passion, and your imagination. It is possible to make life an adventure.

And what an adventure it was.

I wish you well and much success Anthony. Thank you so much for being my source of inspiration.

This post has been edited by DeJay: Sep 15 2005, 11:52 PM

#187 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

edmila
Sep 15 2005, 02:20 AM

Dejay, I too had the best time of my life. I met the people I was traveling with in the last Melbourne meet up and we have become such good friends.
5 of us traveled to New Castle then to Doyalson and then to Sydney.

All 3 concerts were fantastic, but as you pointed out Doyalson was on a different level.

Firstly, the venue was great. The people that wanted to stand in front of the stage did so without worrying about blocking anyone�s view. Others that wanted to sit down around the tables had a full view of the stage. So, everyone was happy.
There was no security on sight and you virtually did what you wanted, but of course the crowd was well behaved.

I also found the people that attended the concert very pleasant, polite and kind. What impressed me most was the number of older people than attended. I saw many men and women in their 60's as well as men with their wives or partners.

As for Anthony's performance, as you also described was the sexiest performance I have witnessed. He was making love to the microphone and was flirting with the lyrics and he had everyone mesmerized.

So, for all these reasons, this concert was my favorite.

It was also great to catch up and meet everyone on Sunday.

Overall, I can say it was the best weekend I have had in a very long time.

Because of Anthony, I have great new friends with common interest.

So, thank you Anthony for bringing so many wonderful people together.

Love, Edmila oxoxox

This post has been edited by edmila: Sep 15 2005, 02:21 AM

#188 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

alltheway4anthony2
Sep 17 2005, 10:20 PM

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be able to attend not just 1 but all 3 of Anthony's NSW concerts!

Now whilst Anthony was his usual outstanding self, I was also privy to discover some new talent, this being the female group Bella, who just happened to be Anthony's support act.

These girls are awesome I got to hear them all 3 nights, they were so good with the crowd making jokes etc, and all 3 have fantastic voices. On the third night we went outside during the intermission and bought their album, we got it signed and got photos with them, they were so impressed that Anthony had fans who travel all over Australia to see them and we told them we were there fans too now.

I have had a chance to listen to their cd now and it's so good! They sing beautiful, meaningful songs, I hope they are having a good time in Italy now which is where they were heading on Monday.

Here is their website http://www.bella.net.au/ check them out!!!

#189 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

voiceofreason
Sep 15 2005, 11:39 PM

Now some of you guys know I am not normally lost for words but I am really struggling with what to say about the weekend of Anthony, maybe I am still so overwhelmed. I thought it was about time I at least try and give it a go, so here goes.

Arrived at Sydney airport picked up the hire car and had a nice leasurely drive to Newcastle. Staying virtually opposite the hotel and collected the tickets when we arrived. I thought I saw a couple of people who looked familiar probably from photos but I am a bit shy when meeting new people so I did'nt ask them. Then I met them at Doyalson once I had my more extrovert friend Dejay with me and sure enough I was right.

Anyway although it was not allocated seating there were tables and we got a pretty good seat. Not up the front but fairly close and dead centre. Anthony was ablsolutely fantastic and 'Per Sempre' was to die for. He seemed to hold some of the notes even longer than usual, one of them in particular. When he did 'Lost in Summer he threw a bit of his water over the people in the very front. Someone threw a huge pair of undies which he tried to put on one of the guitarists head. So many wanted to touch his hand that at times he was running from one side of the stage to the other. Then he was doing a signing at the end and I never thought I would ever line up for that feeling silly at my age. Then I saw there were some others as old or even older than me and so I thought what the hell I want a signed CD that I saw him sign not like the one I bought at Melbourne pre-done. So I bought another single and lined up and he asked my name and asked if I had a good night and so I got a personalised CD which was great. It is a very strange thing though but when standing in front of him even a woman my age with a son his age, I was all shy and as much as I wanted to look at those gorgeous eyes, just to have a look you understand, I did'nt even look at him. I had a good look whilst in the queue though and he sure is gorgeous girls, stunningly handsome in fact. Now it is all about the voice/music for me now but if I was 22 again however, I can still recognise a handsome man. I am mature not dead and certainly not blind.

Saturday we picked Dejay up from the station and went to pick up our tickets.
The very nice people on the desk were very impressed with the distance we had travelled and they showed us inside the venue. They said some people that had been earlier said they were getting there really early so they could get down the front because there was a mosh pit. When we got there the queue was enormous but when we got in almost everyone went for the closest table they could get which were down the sides of the stage. That was good for us because we wanted to get down the front so we went and stood in the empty mosh pit with Bella & Lena who it was lovely to meet. Other people came down there later but we were right up the front and it was great. We met lots of the lovely people from ACOF. fantasia, anthlaura & mum lina, Allthewayforanthony, vintage & her friend (a new fan now) and edmilla you are the life and soul of the party but don't worry I wont tell your mum hugz. It was just so lovely to meet you.

Anthony was very very sexy tonight and was driving all the girls wild. He was clearly a bit unwell in as much as his nose was running and he blew it quite a few times but his performance was fantastic. I wondered if it was hay fever having 3 sufferers in my house it looked familiar right down to the bleary eyes whereas his eyes are always so clear and focused. He seemed a little bit out of it to me in the sense that his eyes were a bit dreamy like when you have taken some strong medication. Just the way I saw it though and it did not detract from the performance at all. He is really coming into his own now though with regards to knowing the effect he has on the ladies and the true performer that he is he is playing the sex appeal for all its worth. As they stretched to full extent to try to touch him he gyrated and bent towards them right on the edge of the stage, but just out of reach and then gave them the most sexy looks and smile. He was so cheeky Dejay and I were really laughing at him strutting his stuff there, saucy little stud muffin that he is. Yes have to say very very hot and a very intimate concert especially for those in the mosh pit who he was very interactive wtih.

There were the usual spoilers though for whom it is all about them and think they have rights over everybody else. Trying to get in front of you by pushing you out of the way like it matters not a bit that you were there first and then when you stop them or say something they look at you like its you that are in the wrong. Especially if you are not trying to touch him and they want to, I think they think well you should not be here if you only want to be up close to watch him sing. I also think that some of the very young think 'what are you older people doing here like its not about the music but because he is so sexy'. One little group did not let go of his hand and looked like they were trying to pull him off the stage. He had a bandaid on a little finger and they must have squeezed it because he went "Ow" then he said firmly but still politley "Come On - you're gonna pull me of the stage"

At the signing after I wanted my AC Biography signed and the security guy came down the line and said he is only signing official merchandise as in the CD's and I said about the book and he told me to ask Wendy. So as I got close enough to her I said "excuse me I got a CD signed last night could I have my book signed and she said thats fine" Dejay had told me I should have told him the day before I was from NZ but like I said I got shy. She said she was from Cairns and I did say this time I was from NZ and he said something like "from New Zealand thanks for coming". Not sure if he realised I meant especially or just while I was on holiday or something but anyway. Again I did not look at him properly, I just felt kind of stupid but I wanted signatures on my stuff from my favourite artist. I am a real book sort of person (music and books are my two passions) so to have a book signed is real special for me.

On to Parramatta and what a lovely apartment we were staying in. We arrived about 5.30 for tea. Met up with so many wonderful people from all over the country and from all different forums and some that are members of a few of the forums CU and ACOF or CU & Over24Um or all 3 and a few from different ones again. I have said before it should not be a competition between forums, we are all Anthony fans and your favourite forum should not matter, this is all about Anthony and our common support for him. Everyone I met was just so nice and the atmosphere was just wponderful.

There were about 50 people eating there at the Pizzeria I reckon. It reminded me of that verse "strangers are just friends we have'nt met yet" it really was like we were all kindred spirits on a parallel path in support of such an amazing talent.

I met Helilac who I have wanted to meet for so long and to see her drawings in real life. Tonight though there is another special reason for I commissioned her to do a drawing for me and she is giving it to me tonight. OMG I was just speechless when I saw it for it is just the most beautiful thing. I chose a photo of him smiling that lovely warm natural smile, with his eyes smiling too and eyes and teeth both glistening. She captured both exquisitely and Helilac if you read this I cannot thank you enough.

So to the show - well my oh my he was just on fire tonight everything about him was just burning. We were way too far back and Dejay said come on lets go down the side. Now I don't know if it was the tags around our neck that the guards thought were official but nobody said anything to us, though we were discreet and against the wall. It did seem like if someone was in the middle of the aisle they got told to go back. It did seem that some guards were over the top and honing in on certain people and stopping them when others were getting through. You really need to be more consistent guys.

Bella were really good by the way and I bought their CD though I did not get it signed, but I have been playing it quite a bit. Nice voices and nice harmonies.
Anyway they came in after their signing and stood alongside us against the wall and they watched him sing 'The Prayer' which he sang 3rd. Now I have to tell you this particular rendition tonight was magnificent, I think the best I've heard, though I know there is no time like that first time we all heard it and fell completely in love. He just seemed to hold some of the notes so much longer and that beautiful rich sound that he has to his voice was just unbelievable tonight. Dejay said she heard Bella say how fantastic he was. I did'nt hear them but two security people standing next to me a guy and a girl were jumping up and down saying "he is just unbelievably amazing isn't he". To all the upbeat numbers he jumped up and down and danced and grooved and he just took the audience along for the ride without seatbelts. There was no sign of the sniffles from the previous night, he only blew his nose once and the eyes were bright and glistening bright as a button again. He is a performer of such charisma and magnetism and he has grown so much in confidence since those early days.

He changed the encore this time and did both 'Car Wash' and 'Rain' to which he asked "We are missing one which one are we missing" and everyone shouts "Rain' and as he sings he holds the mike out to the crowd for us to sing "Rain" Again during 'Car Wash' there were the silly people which has already been discussed so I wont go into that.

The queue for the signing went on forever but it was the last one so what the hell I got yet another album. I was in the queue with melancholyrose and we were trying to see Helilac to see if she had given him her drawings. We were all united like a team so wanting one of our number to achieve her goal and give him the drawing she had so lovingly done for him to show what inspiration he had been to her to start drawing again. I for one so wanted her to give him a drawing he could give to his parents for as a parent myself I know how they would love it. I have a pastel of my two boys done by an artist and it is so precious to me as it is something differnent from a photo. Anyway she did it and Dejay who was up there at the time said at first he did not realise they were drawings but when he did he said how fantastic they were. She gave him two and asked him to give one to his parents which he said he would. Then he signed her folder. She came out and we all jumped up and down and clapped her and we were all so happy. Gee this was such a big high for me, I so wanted to see her share them with him and wanted his parents to get such a beautiful image of their son drawn by such a talented artist.

We then all stood outside chatting and happy waiting for the taxi. Wow guys we had such an Anthony experience together did'nt we. So much so that we slept in and did not get a chance to say goodbye to anybody in the morning. Still I really hope we can all meet again in the not too distant future all these souls united again in our mutual admiration of this superstar. I am loathe to mention the names of the wonderful people I have met on this journey for fear I miss one and it may seem they are less important when that is not the case. I am going to take a stab at it though and hope you will forgive me if I do miss one and know that you are meant to be there. I am going to take a stab because I think it is so important to put down the forum names of people who would probably never have met were it not for the amazing talent and warm personality that makes us willing to follow this young man everywhere. Young and old we are all on a road trip that leaves some of our families shaking their heads thinking we have lost our minds.
What is this 'pied piper' charm he has. After all we have never done this for an artist before have we, this was the topic of many a discussion at the Marconi dinner table. So here's to my fellow travellers - my pal Dejay of course and helilac, edmila, amazed, robinson, mucha, lina, anthlaura, bella, lena, melancholyrose & friend, fantasia, allthewayforanthony, secretsquirrel, harvs, kazmagorical, vintage & friend, rshar, melody, romadreamer, gadgetgirl, alijoy, razzledazzle, anita,batgirl, Mel, lizzie, Cassie. If I have left anyone out please forgive me but it was great to meet you all.

It is amazing to me that all these people of all different age groups and backgrounds and professions and parts of the country and indeed the world have come together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle in our support of this star. One funny thing though is that he needs to cotton on that there are these die hard fans that are going to every concert. So he should change his little audience verbal interaction because, this weekend most of us heard the same thing 3 times
Bless his little heart, he'll get the hang of it but in the meantime we don't care do we. We probably would never have met but now we are like old friends. It reminds me of an Elvis documentary I saw but this is for an artist not yet completed his first year in the limelight. He really has something special does'nt he. We know the voice is extra special and the stage presence, but there is more than that. To think Mark said he did not have the X factor - talking out the wrong end again Mark he obviously has the x,y, & z factor. Then here's Dicko "you cant keep performing unremarkable songs in an unremarkable fashion" pfft you obviously got out of the record industry just in time mate cos you must have lost your touch. Maybe you will have better luck at dancing

As for Anthony how does the song go "Your time has come to shine, all your dreams are on their way" and then there is the words on a siggy I have seen on this forum "Sometimes the smallest stars shine the brightest". Never a truer word has been spoken. Long may you shine Anthony for you surely are the brightest star I have ever seen.

This post has been edited by voiceofreason: Sep 17 2005, 02:56 PM

#190 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

robinson
Sep 17 2005, 12:01 AM

Beautiful words voiceofreason, so well expressed. There was a wonderful feeling of camaraderie with forum members and their friends even though it wasn't possible to speak to everyone or even to speak to people as long as one would have liked.

I know what you mean about being shy and not really looking at him properly at the signing. He looks at you with those beautiful large warm deep eyes, he's so open and sincere, humble and appreciative that we've come to his concert. I told myself beforehand not to waste my few seconds by not looking at him, but I didn't look at him properly either.

Anthony has wonderful interaction with the audience as so many people have described but something else I have noticed is the way he sometimes looks at individual members of the audience when he's finished singing a song as though he's seeing what their reaction is and maybe also wanting to know that they liked it. It's really sweet and you feel as though you want to tell him that he did a fantastic job but you do this by smiling and clapping as much as you can.

When he sings he becomes the song he is singing, in expression, movement and attitude as well as the way he sings. No wonder he is exhausted after a concert as he puts all of himself into each song he sings and covers a whole range of emotions. He is so honest and sincere when he sings. He always sings the very best he can and always gives more, he makes some changes in songs to make them different yet still the same songs, always wanting to surpass himself.

It's this soul that comes through that makes him special as well as the amazing voice and stage presence.

#191 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thank you to gadgetgirl for this assortment of concert photos.

Adelaide .... August 05

user posted image

user posted image

Marconi .... Aug 05

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#192 Admin

Admin

Administrator