Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

jeunti
Jul 21 2005, 10:24 AM

What a fantastic concert at Ipswich. He's such a professional, he looked gorgeous and his dance moves were fabulous. However, I'm very worried about him because he said he's sick which reflected in his voice. He really struggled which made me feel so sad. Ipswich was concert no. 7 and I think he has 15 more to go. I agree, it would be better to postpone some of the concerts 'til his health and his voice recover, rather than become more ill and maybe damage his glorious voice. Thankfully, he has a terrific band and the 2 guys who supported his vocals were great.

jeunti
Jul 22 2005, 11:43 AM

Thanks so much for sharing these photos, rshar0. They are fantastic. I was at the Ipswich concert too and took some photos but with an old camera and Anthony on the move most of the time, I don't think my pix will be good at all - probably all blurred. I had a really great view of Anthony and in sickness and in health, he always looks omg drop dead gorgeous. The lights were very bright which could've accounted for the fact that he looked pale. However, he told us he was sick and his voice reflected this. Even feeling as ill as he was, he tried to give his fans all he had, and his moves on stage were fabulous.

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

rshar0
Jul 21 2005, 11:16 AM

Team effort.

It has to be said though that although Anthony would be the first to admit he was unavoidably not as his best I think he still sounded better than most singers live. Tee hee.

I think he seemed to be travelling okay and then he did The Prayer and I think that took a lot out of him. Understandable.

I know he gave absolutely everything he could for us which is so amazing, and I still can't believe he got through it all and put so much energy into his performance and moves although he may have been in pain.

I don't want to say "postpone" yet in case the flu is able to blow over. He's had the flu for a few days now and if this was the eye of it if he can stay in bed until tomorrow afternoon hopefully it could pass? I think with some of these illnesses the bug gets killed at the intense part of it. Like you have to get sick enough that the fever etc kills it and then it passes. I definitely want to see him well though for his sake. It does hurt to see him hurt. I feel worse for him than for us. Hopefully he will be well but if not do what they gotta do. Like if he can't do the full show properly they should postpone it, but no "cancelled" only "rescheduled to August" if it comes to that please

rshar0
Jul 21 2005, 01:09 PM

I can't know the thoughts of the whole audience but I sensed support for him. He was obviously finding The Prayer hard but people still screamed enthusiastically and stood for him. As I said, when he spoke between songs you could hear signs of the flu in his voice and that his voice was weakened. People could see he was legitimately unwell and that he was giving it everything he could and he was so appreciated for that. I'm not sure if anyone wished it'd been rescheduled I can't speak for that but I didn't sense hostility. He really put everything he could into his physical presence as well and you wouldn't have picked him for being sick with the way he moved. So great.

As for the voice... As I said I think he started off ok and then The Prayer took a bit out of him. I was concerned for him. My brother's g/f has never really heard him before and definitely hasn't seen him before and she said she thought he was a good singer and that she really enjoyed the show. My mother made some comment that she didn't think it'd have as phased a lot who hadn't seen him before, but that we know the difference from seeing him in May but they may have noticed it was a shorter show and that he was sick.

I definitely think people would have walked away saying, "this guy is good". His energy, charismatic stage presence and gutsy performance would have endeared him. One older woman after the show commented to us as we walked past her that she thinks he has everything and that she voted for him all the way through Idol. She seemed quite happy with him.

I didn't like the venue very much. There was the floor then a balcony section. The balcony seemed packed out but it was back and up and it's like they weren't really there. Not a great venue design. There was maybe 1/3 of the floor area not sold. It's not he's lacking as a drawcard because I always though Ipswich would be harder to sell. It's pretty well Brisbane but wasn't advertised here.

This post has been edited by rshar0: Jul 21 2005, 08:49 PM

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

kelly
Jul 21 2005, 05:17 PM

IPSWICH CONCERT

From earlier posts I've read you all obviosly know that our Anthony is not well.

I was in the upstairs gallery that was sold out according to the usher and we were not allowed to change our seats at all.

The comments in regards to Anthony performance were all positive I think I am becoming a practised eavesdropper Everyone seemed to still enjoy themselves I did my usual passing down the rows my binoculars . Perhaps only forum members noticed the missing songs because of our knowledge of his previous concerts.

The younger fans upstairs were becoming restless and envious of the closeness of the fans close to the stage so up they got a few at a time and went racing downstairs to the stage .

TINA COUSINS

Sang without the live band however the music and voice were great. I thought she was a great choice of support act for Anthony . She was professional in her warming up of the audience and was received with respect from the crowd even though you could feel the antisipation for Anthony.

ANTHONY . He wasnt feeling 100% but he gave 100% of himself as he always does. The screaming and cheering of support would have meant so much to him. He had gone out earlier and signed a lot of C.D.s Singles and merchandise for his fans knowing he wouldnt be well enough for signings. I was so proud of you Anthony singing the Prayer knowing it would be your most popular song and yet being the most difficult vocal even in normal circumstances. He is obviously at "home" on the stage, knows when to move, when to interact, when to sing and I feel you have a new confidence now, well done you are truly a PROFESSIONAL in all aspects of performance.

BAND I thought they were fantastic especially the guitars and thanks to all of them
for their great support to Anthony and their backing vocals.

MEMORABLE FANS, An elderly couple approx 75-80 yrs struggled up 2 flights of stairs , wife with walking aid and hubby ever so slowly helping his wife into their seats. They were thoroughly enjoying themselves and I overheard there comment afterward ( He is a really good singer that young boy) in a quiet country voice they were very sweet and for elderly , handicapped people coming out for a late night in the winter is a huge compliment for Anthony showing his unique quality of CLOSING THE GENERATION GAP.

Another young mum came all the way by herself from Toowoomba and be driving up the range late at night by herself, she was so enthused to be seeing him

My message to Anthony is YOU ARE MUCH LOVED,APPRECIATED AND RESPECTED BY EVERYONE. Hope you read all these posts and get cheered up and get well soon.

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

SEAGULLS
July 22nd, 23rd 2005: Gold Coast Seagulls, QLD

kelly
Jul 23 2005, 01:24 AM

Had a great time ANTHONY'S FLU LOOKS LIKE ITS ON THE MEND!

VENUE
I asked and was told it held 1200 and my seat was at the front near the stage, there was tables seating 10 people and some smaller tables. I dont think it was full house however I was told it is full house tomorrow night.

TINA COUSINS
Dressed in Black tonight with low sparkly belt , sings really well her new single is growing on me. She remarked tonight that Anthony and herself were getting along like a house on fire, they went jet skiing together then she laughed and teased the girls that she has seen him in swimmers, he looks great girls.

ANTHONY

I saw a big improvement in the vocals since Ipswich on Wed. I was so happy for his sake that he seems to be on the mend. I'm so happy I went again because this time we got PER SEMPRE my favourite song other than the Prayer of course. He also sang BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER as well, that was missing at Ipswich.
He didnt sing " Dont tell me " ,cant remember if that was sung at his northern concerts. He seemed a little happier to me probably relieved also. There didnt seem to be as much teenage screaming this time wasnt as much room close to the stage because of tables. Anthony still invited everyone up to dance.

BAND
They were great I think Gary the guitarist got his own cheers I saw him smiling over at a group cheering.

MEMORABLE FAN
When I arrived there was a huge 5ft long flashing star made with a trail of flashing lights Anthony"s name and it was wired for batteries. A young girl had made it for the Idol Opera House Final and it won First Place. The same girl is a professional skater and skated in competition to the PRAYER & RAIN in CANADA. I was chatting to her mum and the whole family love Anthony's vocals . Her dad stood up holding this sign near the stage for his daughter

TO ANTHONY ,WE HAD A BALL TONIGHT GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF YOUR TOUR

In my opinion they all loved him at the end for the encore more people came up to the stage to try and touch him he sang RAIN for the last song , because I had my back to the audience this time I probably was only 6ft away from Anthony on stage so was transfixed so to speak. There was varios people yelling out things to him Heard one lady offer to come up on stage with him to dance he laughed, he actually went over and brought a fan up close to the stage because he saw she was dancing so well to IN THE SUMMERTIME. I felt The Prayer was a highlight he even gave a little sigh afterwards he also brought that song forward in the concert as he did in Ipswich.

SONGS HE CHOSE (Hope I can remember)
1 HOLD THE LINE
2 I WANT YOU
3 OBVIOUS
4 THE PRAYER
5 WANNA BE THE ONE
6 WALKING AWAY
7 ROUTE 66
8 PER SEMPRE
9HURTS SO BAD
10 LOST IN SUMMER
11INTO YOUR HEART
12BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
13RAIN

Its terrible cant remember if he sang WHEN I GET THERE perhaps someone can help me. All the songs that have the lower tones I wouldnt have known that he was ill the higher note songs Prayer,Sempre & BOTW was still difficult for him however they were still very high standard. Per Sempre was my personal highlight when he hits I BEEN LOVED the band responded with the same heights as the album I got goosebumps and tears as I thought I might. ( I probably cant explain myself in music terms as well as some so sorry peoples.)

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

FloJo79
Jul 23 2005, 02:08 AM

Heya - just checking out this forum for the first time. I took my mother along to the concert @ Seagulls tonight - I think she was the most excited person there. I thought Anthony did a great job considering he is under the weather. We were lucky enough to be in the front row - he is very cute - I actually think the lead guitarist in his band - Tina Arena's band is a bit alright - I recognised the band from Tinas' concerts last year - I saw her in both Brisbane and on the Gold Coast - now there is an awesome live performer - my absolute all time favourite artist. Mwa to Tina! Anyway, back to Anthony's concert - he seemed very confident for such a young performer and I think once he is over his cold he will really be firing. If you have any questions regarding the concert, just leave a post and I will reply promptly. Ciao! Joanne

FloJo79
Jul 23 2005, 02:38 AM

Anthony wore tight black jeans - looked like either Versace or Armani - and a funky sort of tie died red long sleeved shirt - sleeves pulled up - I know he had a black belt on with some sort of a silver G buckle - perhaps Gucci - because the lights kept reflecting off the buckle which kept blinding me from time to time - hehehe. Apparently the crowd we were seated with are Anthony's cousins from Melbourne - they were in their 70s and the women in the group were bickering with each other about who would sit where, ie. who had the best view, etc. etc. throughout the entire performance - we ended up moving away from them slightly so we didn't have to hear them going on. Hehehe.

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

robinson
Jul 26 2005, 12:42 AM

I hope it�s OK to start a new thread for all this. I�ve just returned from holidays in Qld and timed it to take in some of Anthony's concerts. I love hearing him sing live so much and wanted to make the most of the opportunity. I�ve caught up on the concert reviews and will just add a few bits and pieces that I haven�t read for all those who want even more detail.

** Warning � this is lengthy. **

Caloundra

Standing/seated? Well, this was supposed to be a standing only concert, decided not by the venue but by the promoter. Apparently when some people were booking and found out it was standing they decided not to buy tickets. After selling for a little while the venue started to keep a list of people who didn�t want to go if they couldn�t be seated and then it was decided to have a seating section and people on the list were rung up and told. I wonder how many people would have been put off by this. I wondered why so many venues were standing only but I don�t know anything about the reasons. Are they trying to target a younger market, people who want to dance, which could possibly cut out people who can�t or don�t want to stand or people who don�t feel comfortable in that type of situation? Not all young people want to stand. Maybe this is why there are so many different types of venues, to cater to all kinds of audiences? The seated section was completely filled, there was a large empty space and then there were people in front of the stage. It must be hard for a performer. As has been mentioned, people went down the front during the night and there was a great atmosphere down there. Someone said 500 tickets were sold but I thought there were more than that there. I was staggered that they were mostly older and dare I say even older people. I wonder if this was expected to this degree at these concerts. If there was more seating available I wonder how many more tickets would have been sold.

The concert The sound was really loud. People were blocking their ears and one lady called out �turn down the sound�. The crowd cheered when Anthony came on and cheered and clapped throughout. I particularly noticed that Route 66 was very popular. He was wearing the black shirt with the lime green splash on the upper LHS and denim jeans. As soon as Anthony started singing you could tell he had a cold/infection, a couple of times he tried to speak and had hardly any voice and he was obviously quite sick. I have the utmost admiration for him for putting on a great show regardless. He was energetic, interacted with the people at the front, near the end was smiling and joked a bit eg he had to fish for his earpiece inside his shirt and said something like �no you can�t find it for me� to someone at the front of the stage and also �yes I am hot� while fanning himself. I was concerned for him the whole night but particularly when singing BOTW, it must have really hurt him to sing that.

I went with a friend who hadn�t heard him sing before and despite not hearing him at his best said that he was world-class, and repeated that comment the next day and said she would have to get his album.

Promotion There�s been concern as to whether there has been enough promotion for the regional concerts. Just to report on a few things I observed. Outside the venue there was a portable type stand with the concert advertised on a large blackboard. In the local paper on page 2 there was a full page ad for all upcoming events at this venue, including a small picture and ad for Anthony (in the red striped top with the wristband) and further in the paper a quarter page article and a picture of him from his website smiling in a grey shirt. I don�t have the paper but the article was an excerpt from publicity material we�ve read about no1 hits etc. And there was a poster double A4 size, same picture as on album cover, advertising the concert posted up at the bus interchange.

Seagulls

Great venue, great crowd both nights. There were fairy lights scattered over the ceiling. I love the seating around tables. Diissee you asked about numbers of tickets sold. When I booked I was told it seats 1500 and it says that on their website as well, although I read a review where someone was told it seats 1200. It looked really full both nights, there was a section of seats right at the back that weren�t filled on Sat and maybe the same on Fri and possibly some on the side on Fri but an extremely impressive turnout for 2 nights.

Anthony seemed better than on Tues and better again on Sat compared with Fri. He was dancing around more and on Sat did a couple of my favourite dance moves from the May concerts (like that dance move in the HSB clip in the street). After The Prayer on Fri and BOTW on Sat he did a little �phew� which showed how difficult it was for him still. The band kept getting louder and louder during BOTW which would have been hard to sing over even in full health. I have a new respect for the difficulty of singing these big songs, I�m used to seeing him sing them so effortlessly. Something else that I really noticed was his vocal control.

There was a huge range of different ages and types of people. There weren�t even many Italians, I hardly noticed any and when Anthony asked not too many people put their hands up. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the night, I noticed a few people perhaps in their 70�s smiling and really enjoying the up tempo songs. Comments afterwards were about how good his voice is and what a great concert it was.

There were some girls calling out to come and dance up on stage and saying �I love you Anthony� � it was really sweet and they did it in between songs so it didn�t interfere with the singing. It was so good that the screams were also in between songs, I really hope that people will follow this at the capital city concerts because Anthony is so worth listening to.

Anthony thanked everyone for coming and also for their support, he is genuinely appreciative. He also said how pleased he was that HSB debuted in the top 10.

As has been said, Tina is great. I�ve really enjoyed her performances. The 3 concerts I�ve been to she has worn black pants and different (low-cut) black tops.

At the end of the concert on Sat Chris threw his guitar pick into the crowd.

On Sat at the merchandise table I noticed that the large pile of HSB singles at the beginning had become a small pile at the end and they were also selling the Rain/BOTW single and at the end there was only 1 copy left on the table. I didn�t observe how many copies of the album there were. Anthony had signed stuff earlier out the back somewhere (but there was no signing where you got to meet him).

Coming home on the plane as we were landing they played Missy Higgins, Delta and then Rain, it was so good to hear an Anthony song. This was Jetstar.

Thank you Anthony for giving us such enjoyable concerts.

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

robinson
Jul 26 2005, 10:59 AM

(fleur @ Jul 26 2005, 12:02 AM)
A couple of people have mentioned that the Enrique song was just fabulous and his moves superb.
Did you find the same.
Could you tell the audience loved him
Did you hear any other comments in general around you.

Oh yeah, I loved the Enrique song Bailamos and there was a lot of hip action going on I can tell you. I love him doing Latin songs. He has such a wonderful energy on stage.

There was a real anticipation and excitement before he came on stage and the audience was very appreciative throughout the concert, there was lots of clapping and cheering and great response at the end. At Caloundra everyone knew he was quite sick and at Seagulls I�m glad he said that he was singing The Prayer earlier than usual because he had a cold/flu the last few days so that people knew. I didn�t hear any other comments at the Caloundra concert and didn�t observe reactions afterwards other than to see some girls who were excited. I was so concerned about him and his voice and his other concerts. My reaction was what a big heart he has to perform when he was sick, and he still put in a lot of big notes. At Seagulls I observed people concentrating on listening and smiling, happy and enjoying themselves. Other comments at Seagulls were that he should have won Idol and one couple on Fri said the band was too loud so that it was hard to hear his good voice, as well as comments about what a great voice he has and his good looks. I really enjoyed the Seagulls concerts and didn�t want it to end. I am so impressed with his ability to hold such a large audience. I do think foremost people want to hear his great voice but it�s a combination of that and great songs, mixture of big songs and up-tempo songs, his moves and energy, his personality, his heart and the way he puts everything in.

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

rshar0
post Jul 23 2005, 10:37 AM

Seagulls is a much better venue than the Ipswich Civic Hall, which a non fan had even said was insulting to him. smile.gif Our seats at Seagulls ended up being off to the side front of the stage rather than to the centre. I'd been told they were front centre so had bought the same ones for tonight. dry.gif

user posted image

OK so Tina Cousins opened the show of course. She seems to like making comments related to Anthony's physical being which I don't like that much. For example, she dedicates "Pretty Young Thing" to him and generally refers to him as "The gorgeous Anthony". I quite like Tina (even had a couple of compliments I told her), but I'm like, "Yes, he's good looking. Yes I might be female. Yes I may not be much older than him, but HELLO, maybe we are most in love with who he is as a performer. rolleyes.gif

Tonight Tina commented that she'd been jetskiing with Anthony and that she beat him in a race, which she said may embarrass him to say. She also said she's seen him in "the pants" and that girls "it was good". laugh.gif

I really love the musical intro to Anthony's show. It sets the mood and the anticipation.

>From the moment the "Hold the line, love isn't always on time" was sung out from backstage I said aloud, "Ooohh yeah he's feeling much better!" He had the depth to his voice back, the power back, and he was flowing his notes and able to draw notes out where he wanted to. Anthony was quite on fire tonight! I'd felt worried and a bit flat after Wednesday, but tonight I had an absolute ball!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Anthony sounded really good tonight and close to his normal self. He hit many an incredible note that had me doing Marcia like listening movements. laugh.gif His voice is so my undoing! On the subject of his health, he did still need to blow his nose at times which his reaction to was really quite adorable, eg Anthony said he felt rude doing that and at one point asked if anyone had Panadol in their bag. I actually did and if I was quick I'd have held it up as a gag. LOL. He said he was joking though and that he is drugged up enough.

Tonight he added Per Sempre and Bridge Over Troubled Water back into the set list.

user posted image

Since I'm going tonight and to the Brisbane one tomorrow (my last) I'm really hoping that after going to four concerts this tour he'll have been well enough to do the full set list at one of them! I'm really, really wanting to hear When You Were My Girl as it wasn't on the set list in May and so far it's been left out. But yes, I agree he has to look after himself as priority.

I'm so loving Bailamos and we got to dance to that. Absolutely awesome choice of track. This guy seated near me was wanting to dance with me to it and spin me round. We did it a little but I am so not used to trying to do that with other people. I'm too self conscious in situations like this that I get unco. LOL. I got some evil stares from the security guard during HSB who told me to told me to sit down when he caught my eye. Damn. laugh.gif This woman near me had been telling me to get up and she gave me a sympathetic look after I got in trouble. More would have danced if we were allowed. Mr Security sent some back to their seats. I can understand people don't want to be blocked which was my hestiation in the first place.

I got to do the groupie thing two or three times and squeezed his hand. When he came back around again I was like, it's ridiculous to try for that again, so I gently touched his shoe cause he stood there for long enough I had to do something!. laugh.gif at me but don't worry there's no way I'd have risked tripping him over! I almost didn't do it but was like what the hey, I refused to do anything like touch his leg or anything too personal even though I could have. He deserves some space!

During Lost in Summer he highlighted a girl in the crowd who'd been doing some particular dance moves he liked and said if he needs a backup dancer... smile.gif I think she was quite embarrassed but later will enjoy having the story to tell.

>From his comments at the end I think he was sincere in saying he really enjoyed tonight's crowd. At the end for Rain he invited people to come up to the stage and had to say something like, "Don't everyone come or they'll kill me" because a lot started coming. I've forgotten the exact wording but a lot came up and he went through from one side of the stage to the other slow enough that he touched so many hands. He got people singing along and held the microphone towards them. I definitely felt the crowd was joined tonight as they spent most of the time within their areas and that the moments where people split off and could come up to the stage were really appropriate! I didn't feel disconnected at all. Major thumbs up. smile.gif

user posted image

Oh, I wanted to add that my mother blushed like a school girl when she got to touch his hand as well. A lady about my mother's age and her daughter were at the table with us and that lady seemed to get giddy when she got to too. Such power he has over us LOL. Again, the crowd was filled up with mostly adults and of all ages and lots of men too. biggrin.gif

When Anthony sings a ballad you sit there transfixed, there's nothing else but him and that voice filling the air. When he rocks the place you can't sit still to save your life. What a champion!

If you made it to the end of this all too long review I thank and congratulate you!

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

rshar0
Jul 23 2005, 12:16 PM

Also, the CDs being sold at this concert are going through Sanity so it's all good to buy from there.

Before the show I was telling the people at our table about Don't Tell Me as they don't have it. We were chatting a bit about various things then they said to me that I should be in his management. I laughed and they were like no I'm serious which they seemed to be. I have lost track of the number of people that have independently said that to me in a serious non piss taking way, must be at least 10. I feel so horrible when they say that because I'm like, Nooooo Karma will want to kill me!! I sometimes worry about how what I post goes down.

rshar0
Jul 23 2005, 12:46 PM

One of the women at our table asked if he was going to do The Prayer and I replied yes. I was saying that although The Prayer is his signature song more can be worthy of an ovation. She agreed with me on the importance to acknowledge that he is more than that song and mentioned John Farnham and Sadie the Cleaning Lady. So you guys who have yet to go to a concert, when he knocks your socks off get off your a**. There are heaps more songs that make my jaw hit the floor.

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

rshar0
post Jul 24 2005, 03:24 AM

* Some pictures placed randomly

Eeeek, I am so mortified at the many ways I embarrassed myself tonight. I don't know how I can show my face tomorrow! :ph34r: I'll start at the beginning.

Before the show started I saw Tina Cousins going down the elevator. A little later on I saw her again with one of the band members and Tina said she recognised me from the night before (hopefully this was because I paid her a compliment and we'd had a quick chat when she signed, not because I'd acted too stupid! haha) Anyway, I spoke to them briefly and they didn't seem to really know if the set list would be changing back to how it was at the start of the tour. Tina also commented on wanting some support if we could help her out with the clapping,etc which I was happy to do as I join in anyway. She seems quite nice. I think she saw us during her performance so hopefully she noticed I was supporting her. I really quite like her songs actually. I love Mastermind and how she starts the intro of Wonderful Life as a ballad (the latter was what I spoke to her about the night before).

We were at a table with two other people and the mother kept trying to take one of our seats for her daughter as they were the front two. I went to the bathroom during intermission and when I came back she had her daughter in my seat and she didn't get up to move. The mother was trying to convince me to let her daughter have my seat. I thought her behaviour in doing that quite rude so I refused.

Before the show began this security guy came to us and said that with Anthony being so popular some young people would probably come to the front around us and that they would do their best and make them move. He said people weren't to stand. I asked him what the situation was if Anthony asked for us to get up and he said we could but only for that song but he'd prefer that we didn't. I asked if Anthony was aware of this or if he'd feel we were rejecting him as a performer. laugh.gif He said that he'd told him, then made some other comment that insinuated he didn't know what Anthony would do though.

So there we were back to black with the show starting and the screams hurt my ears so I knew immediately it was going to be a more vocal crowd. There was a group of girls near us and their combined voicees were a real force! smile.gif

Hold the Line is great and I so love that as an opener. As you know it's such a great, rock song.

Anthony seemed to be quite happy and told us about his first family holiday to the Gold Coast. Apparently they went to Currumbin Bird Sanctuary where a bird shat on him; he hasn't been back since. LOL.

user posted image

The poor guy is still sick but he was sounding great and doing some mighty fine groovin'.

user posted image

Since people were told they couldn't stand (over the loudspeaker before the show they actually said if they did they'd be removed!!!), and I was told apparently it's hard to get out of some of the seats, the screams at the end of The Prayer went on for quite a bit. People had been told over the loudspeaker to use screams rather than getting up.

user posted image

When Anthony came over our way at a point I think he looked at me with a look of recognition and someone else who saw that thought so as well. He didn't look like he was about to motion to security though so it was all good. biggrin.gif

user posted image

He started grinning behind the microphone just as I took this pic...

user posted image

Anthony told people they could get up and dance to Bailamos so after looking across the room at some others we seemed to come to agreement we'd do it. Hehe. I was a bit awkward as I kept thinking I'd get in trouble. LOL.

We were later told we could dance again during HSB and I think it was during this song where Anthony told some in the front they didn't have to sit and they could get up. I get up because you know, it's hard to sit still during that song and I like to show my support.

I can't remember if it was during Bailamos but it was more likely HSB where the security guy who'd told us the rules earlier came over and I heard him telling people something like, "I'm in charge of the room not him." and he made them go sit down. I smiled at that because earlier I gotten the idea from him that he'd told Anthony beforehand that it was a seated concert so Anthony's defiance in saying they could get up made me grin so bad! laugh.gif

Per Sempre... How stunning that song sounds done simply like that. It's such a beautiful song and that is in no small way because of the man with the voice driving it.

user posted image

user posted image

Rain never fails to end the show on a great note and the way he moves around close to the crowd accepting gifts, getting people to sing and touching hands is really personal.

user posted image

user posted image

After the show some of us were mulling around in the carpark and we saw Anthony come along with Wendy to their car. He was walking quickly and I really had one piece of advice I wanted to offer him. I yelled out quickly, "Get a Seretide puffer!" Not the nicest way to do it I know, but it's not like you can chat! He didn't turn around but called out, "I need more than that" so I said something like, "I'm serious, it's brilliant". Coughs are so hard to kick if you don't get on them. I knew someone who had a cough that was going on and on for weeks and the doctor hadn't helped it. I recommended they try this and they loved it. I really just wanted to let Anthony know about it in case it was able to help him too. That combined with antibiotics always ruin my chance to get off work sick with Bronchitis. D'oh! tongue.gif Sadly, no doubt my attempt to help came across as the ranting of a loon!! blink.gif Must remember, THINK then SPEAK. laugh.gif I didn't even make a move to follow him though!! Do I get any points for that? laugh.gif

Some girls went up to speak to him while he was getting into his car, and actually seated in it, but our group didn't go over there. He was obviously wanting to go and he's still unwell.

We were still chatting outside when some of the band members walked by. A couple of people stopped them to chat and somehow I ended up having a good chat for quite a while with Gordon and Paul. I sure hope I got the names right cause they introduced themselves to me and asked my name and went to shake my hand at the end. We spoke about a number of things and they seem like nice guys. I won't relay the chat but they confirmed When You Were My Girl wasn't part of the set list and that they weren't sure if they'd revert to doing those couple extra songs or not. They seem like good guys and it was nice of them to stop so long and talk.

I told Chris that he seems to have a number of fans from what I'm seeing online which I think he seemed a little nice surprised at. Apparently some of them are going back to work on AI this year.

More pics to come below...

user posted image

Bridge Over Troubled Water....

user posted image

Finale...

user posted image

#31 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

mucha
post Jul 25 2005, 11:25 AM

Hi guys,

I am a litle late writing up my thoughts about the Gold Coast concerts, as I've only just arrived back home from a surprise anniversary weekend at the GC from my husband and of course part of the surprise was being able to see both of Anthony's concerts....so I am just catching up on what's happening here.

I won't repeat any of the actual song reviews, but just wanted to add some comments about things I heard and saw regarding the audience and responses.

Firstly, though, I have only the deepest respect and admiration for Anthony's courage, honesty, humility and warmth as both a performer and as a person. I believe that he is the only person who truely knows what his body and voice is capable of doing and at no time would he jepardize his health nor the quality of a performance. I also believe this has been a time of learning for him, taking some risks, facing some fears and bringing his perfromances to new levels. He now is aware that even when he is not able to perform at his usual 100+%, his performances are professional, he can work with the band more and he add lots more dance moves (no two left feet at all), he can change the way he delivers his songs and the audience still love him.

I was amazed at the variety of the audience, especially more so on Saturday night. There was every age group of men, women and children, retired couples, single women and men, fathers and young sons, mothers and daughters....lots and lots of men too. It was wonderful to see.

Yes RsharO, people did stand for The Prayer, for BOTW and during Rain and what I found was that there were many men standing giving Anthony support during and after Rain. I felt so proud for Anthony. It was an awesome sight.

I seemed to be surrounded by retired people but they had only the most positive comments to make about Anthony and his performance, one couple even describing him as the next John Farnham, if not better, as he matures. They all thought that he should have won Idol. People were singing Rain as they were leaving the club and I heard a few people say that they wished they could see him again.

Briefly, I thought the band were great and I enjoyed Tina's performance. She is a bit of a groover too.

That's it for now, if I think of anything else, I'll add it later.

Kerri xo

Thanks for your pics RsharO. I didn't have my camera with me.

#32 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

The Debster
Posted Jul 30 2006, 11:26 AM

What memories this has brought back for me.

I wasn't active on ACOF back then - just sneaking a peak as a guest - but I remember Ro's reviews very well.

From memory Seagulls ground level was set up with rectangular tables of 10 seats, positioned lengthways away from the stage. Hubby and I were in the first seats of the second row of tables, just to the right of centre stage.

He was so sick, but I thought magnificent. I bow to Ro's judgment when she said he was conserving himself for the big notes in the big songs, but I honestly didn't hear him miss anything - not once. He performed The Prayer earlier "just in case my voice goes", and when he said that I admit to being really worried. I needn't have been because to me it appeared to be note perfect although I think it took a lot out of him to make it that way.

In fact, apart from blowing his nose here and there laugh.gif , the only difference I found in him was that he was really sweating quite a lot, which is unusual for him. He was obviously quite unwell. What a trooper.

I digress, but I remember many years ago when George Michael cancelled his one and only Brisbane show because he had a sore throat. I was devastated, and as ridiculous as it sounds, would have rather gone and seen him mime than missed out altogether. Sometimes "stars" don't quite get how much it means to their fans to have the opportunity to see them. I'm eternally grateful that Anthony didn't cancel.

Anyway, back to topic. The youngest fan I saw was about 6, and the oldest was a very sweet little old lady with a walking stick that I would estimate to be about 80. The rest probably averaged out at around 35.

The "stay seated or else" threat really bothered me too. From where I was I didn't see anyone stand after The Prayer, although the "seated ovation" was pretty spectacular. I remember hoping that he realised that we thought he was brilliant, and wasn't disappointed to not have a standing ovation. I think the fact the average age was older meant we were, for the most part, a little more reserved.

I remember the screamers well to the right hand side of the stage, and the rest of the audience chuckled at them a few times during the night. It was actually an intriguing dimension to the concert that I hadn't really expected. Anthony knew where the screamers were, and knew when he wanted a scream to be placed in a song. Each time it was appropriate, he wandered their way. If he wanted noise but not quite that much, he wandered to the other side of the stage, and when he wanted quiet he stayed in the middle. I am absolutely convinced that he had this all worked out from observing Tina. Clever boy our Anth.

I've seen some incredible artists over the years but I can honestly say that I felt quite overwhelmed when I walked out of Anthony's show, in a way that has never happened before. I'm not sure what I expected, but it certainly wasn't what I saw and heard. He seemed to touch my soul that night, which is why I'm still here today.

The Debster
Posted Jul 29 2006, 11:36 PM

I'm not so sure how it works with smaller venues generally mackenzie. Seagulls club hold around 2000 and it was full. The venue is for over 18's or accompanied minors which may account for the expectations that it will be a seated show.

It has to be said that the prior shows were pandemonium though. Many, many people reviewed on ACOF and the general consensus was that large parts of the audience were out of control and the screaming made it very difficult for anyone to hear what was going on. Some of our members were particularly annoyed that the screaming didn't even stop during the ballads.

So, in consideration of that, I was really pleased with the show. There was some screaming and yelling out, but it was done in such a way that everyone was able to enjoy the performance. I think security had expected the worst after previous reports which is why they took such a stand.

I think having an older median age group is what really prevented people from standing. Usually those who stand at the front, mean that those behind stand so they can see. I think this is what was different here. The stage is actually a really good one, and reasonably high. Those standing in front didn't prevent those immediately behind from seeing, so they didn't need to get up. Therefore you didn't have the flow on to the back of the room. There were a couple of little pockets that were dancing in various places, but more towards the back. I desperately wanted to get up, but was worried about those behind me.

As mucha said earlier, she was with people around retirement age. It's hard to inconvenience them for your own enjoyment.

Although there have been conflicting opinions expressed here, a well known radio personality took his kids to the Brisbane show and said on air that he would never, ever take them to see Anthony again. He reckons they were jostled in the audience and the screaming made a mockery of the performance. He commented that he left without having any idea whether Anthony was any good or not because he couldn't hear a thing. That's pretty sad, and I believe affected future airplay for him on a morning show that was, at the time, by far the most popular in Brisbane. I can't say that I ever heard Anthony played after that.

All in all, as you can probably tell, I had the best night out that I can ever remember. I'm guessing that if Anthony has the success we all want with the upcoming album, that the next tour may be my last chance to see him in a somewhat intimate venue of 2000 or less. I can't wait, and would be ecstatic if my next experience was as good as my first.

#33 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

greeneyedkat_au
Jul 24 2005, 10:21 AM

Great review rshar again. What a fantastic night it was. You've given most of the details so I'll just give a review of my own personal experience.

I didn't get to see Anthony during the May tour so last night was my first 'Anthony concert'. I saw him at the Idol concerts in January but its not the same compared to an hour and a half of Anthony. He's such a natural up there on stage and the way he moves and grooves is great.

When he sang Per Sempre... it was just amazing. Done acoustically and his voice was spot on. I looked around at the crowd during this song and people were listening so intently and some seemed quite moved by this performance.

Like rshar said he got people up dancing during a few songs like Bailamos (which was a great song choice for him - loved it) and HSB went off. He really seems to love interacting with the crowd and even though I could understand in one sense the security's point in not letting these people up near the stage in front of others or not wanting people standing so others behind them could still see, but for Anthony's sake I felt it was a shame because he wouldn't have seen people up dancing or that very often throughout the night. Maybe its just me, but I love nothing more than a concert were I spend the whole night up dancing along. laugh.gif

Hellilac - I can answer a few of those questions for you. It was a full house from what I could see last night. Varied ages and genders throughout the crowd too. I saw one table where that was mainly all men with only one or two women and I thought to myself now they couldn't of all been dragged along by the girlfriends/wives because there simply wasn't enough girls at the table for that to be the case. laugh.gif I would guess that there may have been more older fans over younger ones, but still plenty of younger fans there too. I saw one girl about 6-7 years old come up near the stage at one point with her older sister perhaps and she lifted her up so Anthony could touch her hand. The little girl was so excited - it was cute.

With his voice, even though he was sick there was only really one or two moments I thought were he hit an off note so it wasn't really an issue like that. I mean during the larger songs you could see him almost struggle a few times (in his face) but he still got through them vocally. He very cleverly worked his way around being sick so that vocally he really didn't have any problems. Like singing notes in a 'lighter' way to save himself for those big notes in the big songs. So even though he might not of performed some songs (and I don't mean any of the big ones) quite the way he would normally he didn't really miss many notes throughout the night so each song was a great performance. Does that make sense? I can't speak for the whole crowd, but I really can't see why they wouldn't have enjoyed themselves because he gave it all without any real hassles.

Umm, what else can I say - I enjoyed Tina a lot more than I expected to. I'm not really a fan of her music (just not my style) but she's got a great voice and hit some wonderful notes herself.

Overall he's just such a brillant performer. He's got it all - the voice, the moves, the ease with the crowd and the looks (he looked gorgeous last night happy.gif) I'm going to go post my pics up now.

And go get ready for tonights concerts. mairanya - it is an outdoor venue.

#34 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

RIVERSTAGE, BRISBANE
July 24th 2005: Brisbane River Stage, QLD

rshar0
post Jul 25 2005, 02:29 AM

* Some pics may not be in the correct spots

This was my hometown show and the final concert I'm going to this tour so I want the bulk of this review to be what it's all about - the man with the voice, the performance, the music.

First a quick note on the venue. I'd never been to a show at the Brisbane River Stage before and didn't know what to expect with it being outdoors. It offered more free movement which meant more people were up at the stage. They seemed pretty into it.

The Intro...

I've said this before, but I always enjoy the audio that plays before the initial song. You need something to effectively mark the start and I really enjoy that audio summary of his charting career to date. The Prayer, Hurts So Bad (remix), Rain (remix), The Prayer again... It's great.

Hold the Line...

I like when songs start slow and then kick in to uptempo so having HTL start with just his voice, before you see him, not only sounds great but focusses you in on his voice which I really like. The rock guitar and drums really hit hard and in the part of the song where the lyric drops away the music really takes hold and Anthony moves more. That movement not only looks good but highlights what the music is doing as well.

When he first came out man the number of mobile phones and cameras I could see being held up!! laugh.gif

Take it to the Heart...

I'm going to now admit that this song has been one of the two I've least played on the album. This isn't to say I dislike it but it's not one I play relatively a lot as such. Hearing it live changes it for me and I think it's to do with the live sound. It makes it seem maturer.

user posted image

The Prayer...

The crowd didn't seem to want to be quiet during his introduction to this and I think Anthony made comment about the crowd being the loudest so far. Anthony always seems to have people's undivided attention when he sings this song, and they should pay close attention because it's always magical to hear him sing this live.

user posted image

user posted image

I Want You... Obvious...

I don't have any particular comments to make about them but always enjoy them.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Bailamos...

I can't get enough of him doing this. I like the latin sound of it and he dances around and the whole vibe it has going on is great. It's a terrific song and the way some of the "Te quiero" parts are sung up was great for the writer. Naturally Anthony can cover that very well.

Walking Away...

I noticed that each time Anthony introduces this he says it's from Idol and thinks there were about three of them left. It was actually down to the final two, but I don't say that to nit pick but rather because it's a little bemusing in a good way. At the start of this song he got people clapping and said not to go too fast. smile.gif

Route 66...

I'm so glad he has this in the set list. The music in this version, particularly with the keyboards, has a different sound to the one on Idol. I'm not sure how to describe it... is it more swing? I like the drum hits in it and the way he does the vocal. At the end he sung right up and he held that a bit and then went deeper. It sounded really great.

Wanna Be the One...

A great uptempo track and I like the falsetto that's in it. It sounds so sweet.

Per Sempre...

He told everyone that it was time to be serious, hehe. He also went, "Sssh" in this quite adorable tone. I love that it's acoustic with just a bit of guitar (until the top note when the drums came in) as it lets his voice shine and be the focus. Such a delicate performance. I think I like the top note he goes for live better than the one on CD because it's not as harsh. Instead of "in the whispering breeze" I think he sang "in the Brisbane breeze" smile.gif Beautiful falsetto ending to the song tonight as well.

Hurts So Bad...

He got the crowd to sing the "walk like that" and "talk like that" parts. After this song I saw a man who must have been in his 40s, turn to his daughter and say enthusiastically, "That's a good song!"

Lost in Summer...

Definitely not summer out there in the dark and the cooler air but the song certainly makes you feel bright and light no matter what the season.

Into Your Heart...

At the end of this song, before the next, Anthony almost got hit by a flying bra. He picked it up and held it stretched out in front of him and said it wasn't his size. laugh.gif It must have had some people's names on it as he thanked a couple of people and said he'd leave it "placed nice" on the floor. LOL.

Bridge Over Troubled Water...

I like Anthony's version much better than Simon and Garfunkel's because of the depth in his voice. Plus it seems "more". He held the note for "down" pretty long tonight!

user posted image

Rain...

They chanted his name before encore. When he returned for Rain he seemed to be grinning and laughing quite a lot and getting everyone to sing. It's great fun. It looked to me as if he was enjoying the moment a lot. I hope so.

It was very loud tonight between the speakers and the screams. Louder than the other nights. My ears are a bit sore so I wonder if I was yelling at people instead of talking tonight. smile.gif

That's a rap for the concerts for me. I didn't get bored going to multiple shows because the differences in venues and crowds seemed to draw out a different type of night which made it worthwhile. I love being around the live music and hearing Anthony's voice live like that so I'll miss it but I'm okay to be done. I think it's time my face stopped popping up places. Thanks so much to them all for being so great and tolerant of me throughout this weekend. I really do appreciate it.

#35 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

sandie
Jul 30 2005, 12:51 AM

Hi I'm new at all this literally and must be the oldest Anthony Callea fan of all (I'm 48 and if my two boys who are 24 and 21 knew I'd die). Saw Anthony's show in Brisbane. What a great entertainer this young man is, he is going to be around forever and for another generation at least like John Farnham has. The show itself was terrific but a few pauses eg. at the end of each song the stage went blank for a few seconds left people wandering what was happening. The venue however, was terrible. An artist such as Anthony deserves to have a big stage with incredible acoustics. Why or why didn't the organisers book the Convention Centre or Entertainment Centre? It would have been much better. Other than that I grooved away with the teenagers and had an absolute ball. Is there anyone else out there as old as me? I'll continue to buy anything that Anthony brings out because he is a true talent. SANDIE

sandie
Aug 2 2005, 02:09 AM

Saw Anthony at Riverstage, Brisbane. He was fabulous even though he had the flu. A true professional. From the haunting beautiful The Prayer right through Route 66 until his encore performance of Rain, Anthony wooed the crowd. For one so young, he has amazing talent, he will still be singing and making CD's 20 years from now. Next time, you do a concert in Brissie Anth, please have it at the entertainment or convention centres, as the grass was a bit uncomfortable. All that aside though, arriving at 11.00 am for a 4.30 concert was worth every second. Thank you so much

#36 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

Melody
Jul 30 2005, 01:58 PM

(sandie @ Jul 29 2005, 11:51 PM)
Hi I'm new at all this literally and must be the oldest Anthony Callea fan of all (I'm 48 and if my two boys who are 24 and 21 knew I'd die). Saw Anthony's show in Brisbane. What a great entertainer this young man is, he is going to be around forever and for another generation at least like John Farnham has. The show itself was terrific but a few pauses eg. at the end of each song the stage went blank for a few seconds left people wandering what was happening. The venue however, was terrible. An artist such as Anthony deserves to have a big stage with incredible acoustics. Why or why didn't the organisers book the Convention Centre or Entertainment Centre? It would have been much better. Other than that I grooved away with the teenagers and had an absolute ball. Is there anyone else out there as old as me? I'll continue to buy anything that Anthony brings out because he is a true talent. SANDIE

Hi Sandie,
Just to let you know, when the stage went black at the end of each song, Anthony was sometimes blowing his nose and sometimes sipping from a cup of tea that was sitting on the stage. Poor thing

#37 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

sweetsista4u
Jul 25 2005, 02:10 PM

What a concert last night! I won't go into too much detail, I'll just sum it up.

I got there half an hour late and Tina was just finishing singing Wonderful Life. I was still able to go in coz the security people were easy, they were still selling tickets!! I was so afraid I wouldn't be allowed to see him. After showing my ticket, I ran down the front. I ended up getting pretty close to the barrier (it was an unreserved seating venue and there was heaps of room down the fron to stand) and I got to get closer as the concert progressed, so I ended up taking pretty good photos!

Anyway, after Tina finished, we had to wai 1/2 hr for Anth to come on!! When he did we started screaming. I think he either started with I Wanna Know What Love Is or Hold th Line, can't remember which one. Then he sang a bunch or other songs. He told us that we wre the loudest crowd he's performed to so far!!! He had to tell "Just shoosh for a moment" when he was talking. LOL. he was so cute. He sang about 8 songs from his album, about 4 or 5 from Idol, and a couple non-album songs. He did an encore too. Bur I won't spoil it for ya.

He wasn't sick at all except for a cough, so he sang beautifully, with so much passion. OMG, there was so much hip thrusting and a bit of dancing, he was soooo HOT!!! He touched people's hand so many times, but not mine, as I wasn't quite close enough.

The concert was short though, it only went for about 1 hr 15 mins, but it was a best 1 hr 15 mins!!!

He didn't do signings afterwards, only Tina did, but I didn't get her autograph. I bought a postergram thing for $15, which has 2 small posters, a big one with a message from Anth and on the front he signed it.

PS There weren't that many people there, only about 800 out of the possible 9000 or so that it can fit. It was quite dissapointing. Poor Anth .

PPS. Someone threw a bra on stage, Anth picked it up and held it like he was wearing it, then he said "I'll just put it down: and placed it on the stage, it was sooo funny!!

#38 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

kezz
Jul 25 2005, 03:14 PM

hey sweetsista,

thanks for that....i was at the concert too. only i got there about 2:30pm....lol... so my feet were sore by the time anth came on...lol. yes i agree with u that he did really really well...it was brilliant wasnt it?? altho i did think that he was sick....he kept coughing and blowing his nose inbetween most songs and i really felt sorry for him and in some songs he brought the notes he would normally sing falsetto right down an octave coz i think he was worried he wouldnt hit them. but meh, i really didnt mind at all....coz however he sings his songs are always perfect. i mean his overall presence on the stage was enough dont u think??? he doesnt need to sing! lol, just standing there is good enough for me! . dont u reckon it is so great the way he has a sense of humor...i mean the fact that the girls threw up their underwear, he was really good with it and didnt get annoyed or anything, which is so lovely to see.

dont worry i didnt get to touch his hand either, so maybe u and i were close in the crowd....lol, wouldnt that be funny. but his audience participation was awesome. i have a favour to ask of u. i didnt get any merchanside, and u sed u got a book or something...i was just wondering.......if u wouldnt mind, could u post up the message that anth has written in it? if u can, thankyou so much.

it was a wonderful nite....definitely worthwhile!!!!
take care,
kezz.

#39 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

Anthonys_girl
Jul 25 2005, 04:24 PM

Hey sweetsista4u

Im glad u had a great time at the concert.. I also went to the Brisbane concert and had an AWESOME time... I must agree bset 1 hr n 15mins eva...I think he gave us a performance we'll neva 4get... Me n my friend managed to get 3rs row from the stage so we were pretty close and i got some really nice photos of him also... ...The 1st song Anth sang for us was Hold the Line I was also not quite close enough that i also didnt get to touch his hand although i was hopeing 2.. Oh welli'll get many more chances I must agree Anthony did an outstanding performance his overall performance was FANTASTIC... Glad u had a great time... As i know i did....

#40 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

i love anthony
Jul 24 2005, 09:41 PM

im not trying to be like u know, really show offy and town proud or anyfing.

this afternoon, b4 anth's concert my neighbours came to my house and asked me do u like anthony callea? i said, well, yelled actually, YES!!!OMG YES!!! then she said, do u want to go to his concert today? i've got 4 tickets. then i said yes! how much? then she said, for free. I got em, thank them and yelled and went! this is how it was:

HE IS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!!!!! i got 4 free tickets from my neighbours this arvo cause they weren't bothered coming. (y?) they missed the best concert eva!! omg!!! he thru water on us during rain lol. omg!!!!! i go sum!!! lol. he said he luvs us and wants to cum bak and do sum more shows! yay!! he said we're the best audience eva!! and while he was talking cause we were soo loud and sooo crazy lol, he kept on laughing and saying shut up pls! please, im trying to speak and stuff. and this girl thry a bra and it had writing on it and anth was like pretending to wear it lol, soo cute!!during when he was performing and on stage and stuff, he was coughing and blowing his nose and drinking water, he was really sick but he was still amazing!!! in one of da songs he hiccuped or sumfin like that. while he sang route 66, (i think that was when it was) he looked at me with those gorguz GORGUZ eyes!!! *faints* i almost fainted lol, i just stepped on someone's foot lol, sorry! i loved when he sang hold the line!! totally hot!!!! and when he sang i want u, he said i dedicate this to u! aww isn't that sweet? he sang 1 song that was enrique's. i don't know wat it was called lol, but anth sang it awesomely!!!! he was totally awesome!! i neva knew i was dat short wen i came to the show lol, i was the shortest one there!!! the last song he sang was rain and wen he sang that...WOW!! everyone was jumping and singing along..LOUDLEY!! lol, and so was i. anth was like soo happy and stuff!! we were all crying when he left and just b4 he sang rain, when he went bakstage everyone was like. ANTHONY! ANTHONY! ANTHONY! ANTHONY! TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF!!! ANTHONY! ANTHONY! WE WANT U!!!!! ANTHONY!! and then he came bak and it was like AWESOME!! he sang per sempre so beautiful!!! and when he sang walking away he told us to clap and stuff and it was like soo cool! he was smiling and stuff and saying awesome guys! gud work keep it up! soo adorable!! l luv him!!! he did soooo many u know those hot bum and hip moving? well he did it like most of the show!! and in hold the line, he started it with like, he was going up and down, like bending and wow!! sexy!!! i have no voice!!! literally!!!! the way i got to the riverstage was horrible, it was torcher! i kept thinking bout anth and that made it betta! i love anthony!! i think im sick now cause he thru water at us and i got some, and he drunk from that water! he sang soo many songs!!!!!!! when it was the end this guy, one of da bnd members got his camera, told us to cum in and we did then he took a foto. i was right in the MIDDLE!!! then he gave us a thumbs up then he smiled at me!!

thanks for the best night of my life anthony!! b4 i was feeling like crap, no i feel better than eva!! i owe it to u!! and im proud to be sick now, well this time, cause u gave it to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users