Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

AnTh_u_RoCk_My_WoRlD
Jul 23 2005, 09:49 PM

i went 2 caloundra aswell!!! it was sooooooooo awsome, i was right up the front, like leaning on the stage. *feels proud* he was so amazing wasnt he?
skye
xoxoxo

tina sung 4 about 45 mins, then signs stuff 4 15 mins or so then anth is on 4 about 1 and a half hours, thats like *thinks*2 and a half hours about all up.
skye
xoxoxo

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

balletboy
Jul 24 2005, 07:16 PM

We went Tuesday evening to the Caloundra concert, and although Anth was pretty unwell, he did a fantastic job.
We really enjoyed Tina Cousins too, and she took me back to Spice Girls days, with the cute English accent and bouncy songs.
The audience were quite "grey" which meant they kept very quiet during the songs, just silently bopping in their seats.In Melb we had screaming in our ears every song, so we greatly appreciated this!
In all, a great night.

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Jina
Jul 20 2005, 07:56 AM

Just found this review on another forum.

Just returned from tonight's Caloundra concert, and Anthony is suffering from a pretty bad dose of flu.

He started the night in rocking style with Hold The Line, and third song of the night was The Prayer. He said that he wasnt feeling at all well tonight, and wanted to get this one "out of the way early". Went through songs from the album, some from Idol and finished the main set with BOTW and came back with Rain in his encore.

Great great reaction, enthusiastic and I took my 77 year old Mother along and she had a ball....

Thank You to Anthony for entertaining us all, and just how polished his act has become.

Keep supporting this brilliant young talent.

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

AnTh_u_RoCk_My_WoRlD
Jul 20 2005, 10:29 PM

i went 2 the caloundra concert last night!!! im not sure wat i am sposed 2 put in a review, so i am just gunna blab.
wells, i got there bouts qauter 2 7, got my merchandise stuff, waited 4 the doors 2 open, went in GOT RIGHT UP THE FRONT!!! *feels proud* at that point there werent many ppls there. anyways, stood around 4 an hour listening 2 the music that was playing, i was RIGHT in front of the speaker, so my ears were dead by the end of the night. but it was all worth it. but yea, then tina came out. (there were tons of ppls there by then) god i would hate 2 hav her job, she was trying 2 get the croud going but we just wanted anth, but she did a good job. then there was a break where she signed stuff, but i didnt go out cause no way was i going 2 lose my spot right up front. i got 1 of my friends 2 get a signiture off her 4 me.
THEN anth came out and every1 was screaming, he sung hold the line. SO AWSOME!!! then take it 2 the heart, which is 1 of my faves on the album, so i was very happy. then he said that he wanted 2 get the prayer over and done with cause he wasnt 2 well (poor anth), i dunno if it was the flu or his voice was tired, but u could hear it wen he spoke... GET WELL SOON ANTH!!! then he sung obvious, i want u, per sempre, an enrique song, route 66, ummm, into your heart,, wanna be the one, hsb and another 1 from idol. *thinks* cant remember it. not in exactly that order. then he said his goodbyes and thankyou and stuff and sang botw and left, which i wasnt very happy bours cause i hadnt gotten 2 touch his hand because i was behid the damn speaker, and touching his hand is a big thing cause i havent gotten 2 meet him and hav only seen him at the idol concert from about the 10th row. then we r chanting "anthony, anthony" cause rain was on the list that was on the stage, and he hadnt sung it. then he came back out and sang it AND I GOT 2 TOUCH HIS HAND!!!!!!!!! 1 of my friends goes, u betta get a glove 4 that. and yea, he was so amazing, and all u ppls who havnt yet seen him perform live, it is AWSOME! and he is so much cuter and hotter in real life!!!
i 4got to mention he made a few jokes throughout it, these girls wanted his bottle of water and hes like no its mine and yea, he ended up giving it 2 them. it was so cute... *sigh*. i dunno weather he signed stuff after or not, hope not tho cause that means i missed out!!! i dont think he did though. and yea, there is probably stuff i hav 4gotten 2 put in there but i hav blabbed on long enough.
luv ya anth and u were SO AMAZING!!! ur such a great performer. thanx so much 4 the best night ever.
skye
xoxoxo

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

becs_lost_in_summer
Jul 21 2005, 09:38 PM

(AnTh_u_RoCk_My_WoRlD @ Jul 20 2005, 09:29 PM)
i dunno weather he signed stuff after or not, hope not tho cause that means i missed out!!! i dont think he did though.

hey- i went to the caloundra concert too. it was soooooo good! me and my friends were rite at the back sitting down and anthony was amazing! and was so happy he sang hold the line and the enrique song! those jokes he made were sooooo sooo cute and funny! By the end of the nite my friends and i went to stand up the front and wondered why we hadn't done so sooner? it was such a better atmosphere than sitting down, plus we could see anth close up (my face = ), and it was just sooo much betta lol.
So cute after he finished the concert as well wen he was waving! *sigh*

skye- i stayed back after the concert and asked the merchandice chick (who i believe u'd be familiar with from getting all the merchandice ) and she said usually he'd come out, but becoz he was sick he had to rest up. Which was a shame. But hope u get better soon anth! UR GREAT

those of u who r yet to see his concert- have a ball!!!!

Bec

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

IPSWICH
July 20th 2005: Ipswich Civic Theatre, QLD

user posted image

user posted image

Katrina G
Jul 21 2005, 10:13 PM

Hey, The Ipswich Concert was really great i would relive wednesday night 1000 times, i felt sorry for you being sick and all but u gave it all u got, The prayer was really good !!!! I loved Rain !!!!!! That waz an awesome show... i hope u liked Ipswich...i have danced on that stage in the Civic centre at least 100 times since i waz 3 !!! Its my 11th yr of dancing....It was so awesome to see u up there !!!! well anyway hope u had fun i know i did

Kat

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

melissa_brisbane
Jul 20 2005, 11:29 PM

hey forum members,

just got home from the ipswich concert. Anthony is really sick and struggled through the whole concert. however he did so well to try and perform. I thank him for having the courage to perform while sick. It just shows that he appreciates his fans. The only thing is we didn't get to meet him like some of the concerts have! I had fun and enjoyed dancing around and got to touch his hand and got some good photos. I hope he gets better soon.

lots of love
melissa

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

rshar0
Jul 20 2005, 11:49 PM

I just got home from the Ipswich concert as well. I was sitting there going what an absolute fighter he is. He performed for an hour and you could tell he really wasn't well at all but the amount of physical energy he still used and the smiles and the way in which he tried to cover it is really the mark of a true professional. I was there feeling so guilty that he was obviously so unwell yet was there trying to entertain us. I was like, please I just want you to rest and get better! Even when he spoke you could hear he was sick, but to come out there and still fire up as best he could was really impressive. I felt so incredibly proud of him and I was like what a star.

I really really hope that he is better for Friday but am feeling nervous given how sick he is and that he had to cut 1/3 of the show and pretty well all the big songs.

I don't think anyone was upset with him because he was an absolute f**n trooper! As I was walking to the car I noticed Wendy pop her head out of a door and so I stopped and waited on the sidewalk to see if he'd come out. I didn't want an autograph or a picture or a chat, but I so much wanted to pass on a comment which was what an absolute utter champion he is for handling that the way he did. It was probably terrible of me to even consider taking that moment of his time. I was just thinking he may be feeling so off colour and maybe he'd appreciate that genuine comment. Maybe not if he just wanted to sleep. He didn't come out though which is sensible. I feel for him that tomorrow he has to have breakfast with B105 radio competition winners. Man, I just want him to get better!

There were lots of adults in the crowd tonight, even my mother and my brother's teenage girlfriend felt this so I think my mother was happy she easily wasn't alone! I'm 26 and felt like I was in the younger half of the crowd! This woman, I'm guessing in her 60s, afterwards said about him that he is physically perfect (hehe) and that (generally not just physically) he has everything going for him and she hopes that he doesn't get distracted. I told her I'm pretty sure Anthony really wants this (the career) and that he's really determined. She was like I really hope so because he has it all.

I hope he gets better soon because if he stays this sick I think he may have to postpone shows in order to get himself better.

More to come...

This post has been edited by rshar0: Jul 21 2005, 01:59 AM

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

rshar0
Jul 21 2005, 01:53 AM

I noticed Anthony seemed to use more falsetto than he did in May and because of where it was used I wondered if it was part of his way of getting through the song, odd as it may seem to use something tricky like falsetto to do that. If he was maybe because it's softer to sing? It was nice to hear it though and I think that went surprisingly well. Love the falsetto in the studio Wanna Be the One and I don't remember there being any in it in his performance of that song in May but there was some in tonight's version. Even as I said if it was part of his coping mechanism I think he should leave it in that track because the falsetto parts are my favourite parts in the studio take.

Part way through Anthony told people they could come up to the stage so all these people ran up. I went up and stood at the back of the crowd after a bit for a little while on a couple of occasions. I don't really like when more than the front row get to run up at once like that because it divides the crowd and separates one half of the audience more. It's then screaming girls near the stage and more calm people sitting down who are wanting to absorb. I noticed the expressions of some of those who stayed seated change at that point. It does make me feel more distanced from him and his performance because I feel like those layers of girls near the stage separate us. I don't just mean physically. It's cool to be allowed to be up against the stage when you're at the front, particularly late in a show, but it makes me see everything from a more third person view if there is a divided crowd for too much of it. I feel somewhat disconnected. Possibly makes the adults feel older and less like they fit when they watch him interract with legions of screaming girls. Just a guess. Them moving also means the front row isn't front row anymore (no I wasn't front row). Anthony may like to feel closer to part of the crowd so even if he was well he might have done this, BUT in tonight's situation I can totally get why he'd want them up there. If for no other reason he can feed off their energy and use them as diversions. I absolutely get the sensibility in that for tonight and it's quite clever. I hope when he's well the crowd doesn't get separated though, particularly as there are more who stay near their seats than those who go to the front. Fine for encore or last songs before encore. Just my opinion of how I feel and what I see!

I was so proud watching the way Anthony handled the whole situation. After the May shows it's his first real tour and yet he seems to have all these great ways of covering and getting through. You'd think he was a seasoned veteran for how he can come across as still being natural yet so professional.

I easily prefer this new Enrique song in the set list to Hero.

His dance moves were very good tonight and enjoyable to watch so I won't tolerate any criticising of the moves by a certain middle-aged man. I like how Anthony goes with the flow on stage when he's moving. Thumbs up to the outfit as well.

Given he was sick it probably wasn't so bad this concert was underpublicised. People would normally expect concerts in Brisbane and Brisbane only advertised her own.

On the subject of Tina Cousins I thought she did well and it must be weird to have to dance to that sort of music on stage by yourself. I told her I thought she hit some great notes.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

This post has been edited by rshar0: Jul 21 2005, 02:08 AM

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

rshar0
post Jul 21 2005, 09:35 PM

He was sick, but my bad photography and the way the lighting was would be responsible for some of the paleness!

Hard to get good ones with a bunch of hands and heads in the way, but here you go:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Love that outfit. smile.gif

A few more. Sorry guys I wasn't having too much luck with the camera last night.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users