Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Anthonys_girl
Jul 24 2005, 09:51 PM

Oh it was the best nite i have eva had.. He did an amazing job thats for sure.. Tina was great, but she didnt sing many songs though i thought she would hav sung more... The crowd was only 700 I thought there would hav been more yea he was still sick, when he was singing his voice was cracking a bit but that didnt seem to stop him from singing wat a little trooper he did his fans proud

#42 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Obvious_Gurl17
Jul 24 2005, 10:04 PM

I was there to anth is an awesome singer the whole concert was good, he winked at me lol.It was the best concert i've ever been to, i didn't know he was that short, he was so good!

#43 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

kezz
Jul 24 2005, 11:26 PM

heya guys,
yes i just wanna add to the list of ppl who went to the concert tonite. oh he was brilliant wasnt he??? his overall presence on stage is captivating and even tho yes he was really sick (poor guy) and he did not always sing falcetto like he does in some of his songs on the CD, (coz he couldnt coz he was so sick) it didnt matter coz just having him there on stage and interacting with us audience members was good enough!!! I felt so sorry for him...he kept having to blow his nose inbetween songs and coughing....poor thing.

Im sure he enjoyed himself, but was probably thankful to get into bed and go to sleep! The concert was wonderful, exceeding expectations, so, thanks for a fantastic nite anth. u rock!!

love kezz.

#44 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Kylie87
Jul 24 2005, 11:50 PM

Hey girls,

Omg, how hot did Anthony look in that jacket? I can't believe he came out just for us, even though he isn't feeling too good but he was still awesome. It just goes to show how dedicated Anthony is to all is fans, he doesn't want to let us down. But i would rather him be feeling better, he seemed to have a great time so i'm happy and he said 'You guys have been the loudest so far', yay go us well done, we're all gonna have sore throats 2morro, but it will be worth it. Anthony u looked so hot and gorgeous, u had all us girls going crazy when u were shakin' that sexy ass mwaaah xxxx

Kylie xxxx

#45 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

LISMORE
July 26th 2005: Lismore Workers Club, NSW

wish_i_could_meet_u
Aug 6 2005, 05:34 PM

Hey anth im sorry about the lismore concert how not many people came i thought u were fabulous and looked great (my mum agreed on all that to). There was one thing that i was a little disappointed about and that was when u were doin signings and it was my turn u didn't even really look at me because u were busy with the people in front of me, but apart from that it was a fantastic night i was singing along with all of your songs. i was wondering who else came to the lismore concert and did u enjoy it

#46 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Catherine83
Aug 7 2005, 04:28 PM

HI, I was at the lismore concert.
I agree it was a great night and he sang really well even though he was still sick.
I think anth was really rushed during the signing, due to the fact the club was closing at 10:30, they probably told him to be as quick as he can, but i did notice that as well when he was signing.
ok
Bye

Catherine83
Jul 27 2005, 10:09 AM

Hey Everyone, well it's the morning after Anthony's lismore concert, and i'm still smiling, it was totally awesome and although the crowd was only small it was still the best.

I got there at around 7:30 to meet my friend and we waited in line to get to our seat, i couldn't not beleive how many empty seat there were, anyway Tina came on stage and and did her bit but lets just say the crowd wasn't all that vocal, except for some girls in the corner she keep getting to scream. She wasn't that bad though, i didn't really know her or any of her music but she was ok.
Then there was a break for her to sign stuff.

At about 9pm or abit after Anthony came out and the crowd was right into this time, it was a sit down concert which i was pretty suprised about but through some songs Anth got us to go down the front for a dance and sing.
He was soooo good live and i had a wonderful time, The prayer was amazing, he sang it early because he is still a tiny bit sick, so he could get the real big notes out of the way i guess.

He finished with BOTW, then everyone was like more more so he came back and was like (did we forget one) and sang rain to close the show.
Anthony did sign stuff at this concert which i totally wasn't excepting but was a nice suprise, we lined up but didn't have to wait that long, i got my ticket signed and and we said hello and how are you, he is so nice and friendly with everyone, they were rushing everyone though it was signing only no hugs or anthing (i think because the club was closing at 10:30).

Anyway it was a great night for all, i hope anthony did enjoy himself, and anthony if you read this don't worry that it was a small crowd, good things come in small packages.
I shouldn't metion this because i know that i hate hearing it all the time, anthony is only little, but it's lovely and nice to see that i'm not the only one out there of the same age who is short.
Oh by the way he's signature is cool as well, and i got alittle heart at the end.
ok bye.
Cath.

#47 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

I love anthony 4 eva & eva
Jul 27 2005, 05:55 PM

Thanxs for that review loks like u had fun.

I went there to and it was sooooooo fun i'm still smiling after the concert I was like mum can i go again.

Me my mum and my friend got to the club about 7. We went upstairs and i got my merchindise i got A shirt, His album, and A poster booklet. We lined up in line and the doors opened up at 7.30 i think. We sat at our table and waited for half an hour then Tina Cousins came on for thirty minutes she was good but i didn't know any of her songs. She kept on getting these girls up the front in the corner to scream. Then there was a thirty minute break and i went and got the bak of my ticket signed by Tina. At 9 Anthony came on with Hold the line and everyone screamed. He sung the Prayer at the start of the show cause he still was a little bit sick. There was a few vacant tables left but it didn't matter to me.

After a while Anthony said we could come down to the front and dance around. It was soooooo cool cause I have never seen him up close before. He ended the show on Bridge over troubled water then everybody kept saying more more more then he came back on and said did i forget one then everybody shouted yeah and then he sung rain. He ran off stage and came to the signing table.

I got all my merchindise signed and my poster. He asked me if I liked the show and I said yeahhh loved it it was great and he started laughin. Then we had to go. I would've liked to get a pic with him but u weren't allowed. It was the best night of my life and i will always cherish it. I hav never got to see him in person before and he looks so hot and cute and is short like me.

Hope u like it

Louise

#48 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Ricky_22
Jul 27 2005, 11:06 AM

Article from the Lismore Northern Star!

HIS IDOL?S VOICE: Australian Idol star Anthony Callea at the Lismore Workers Club yesterday.

Oz idol finds his voice

By CHRIS SUTTENFIELD

ANTHONY Callea had his own Australian idol when he was growing up � singing legend John Farnham.

"I wanted to be him", said the pint- sized 22-year-old Melburnian.

However, he was the voice people flocked to hear last night at the Lismore Workers� Club.

The Australian Idol star is on a national tour at the moment, working hard to promote his self-titled number one album.

This is Anthony�s first visit to the Rainbow Region, with his only link to Lismore being fellow Idol contestant Ngaiire Joseph from last year.

"I know Ngaiire, that�s how I know Lismore," said Anthony.

Touring off the back of Australia�s highest-selling single, The Prayer, Anthony revealed he was still adjusting to his new-found celebrity almost a year after coming runner-up to Idol winner Kasey Donovan.
When asked why he thought he had enjoyed more success in his music career than Donovan he said: "I wouldn�t say I�m more successful. She was 16 when she won the competition and she still has to grow up really, and learn about herself."

She�s just taking a back seat at the moment, growing up and writing" he said."You can�t expect too much when you�re 16"

Aspiring musicians should �do and be who you are, perform your own music and don�t be someone you�re not�.

#49 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

mucha
Jul 28 2005, 08:55 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry that this post is now just a little late. I couldn't believe that my computer crashed yesterday, so I was offline until now. Anyway, I wanted to add my thoughts about the Lismore concert.

I wasn't originally going but ended up taking my niece along as her mum couldn't take her....all the better for me as my sister is not really a fan of Anthony.

It has been about 5 years since I've been to the Workers Club, not a big fan of the venue as it always feels sterile and impersonal. The club was hoping for at least 500 tickets to be sold, but around 300 people came along, so although only small numbers, there are advantages to this sometimes.....signings for example.

Once again, the audience covered a wide cross-section of ages. Great to see that the trend is continuing. There were a few dads with the kids ( saw a few at Seagulls too), a couple of tables with about 5-6 men and I would say that most people fell in the 30-45 age bracket.

Tina is such a beautiful person, warm and bubbly. The more I hear her sing, the more impressed I am with her vocals. She sang a ballad called Tomorrow's Tomorrow (i think!) which I hadn't heard before. It was a beautiful song. She worked hard to get the audience warmed up. Tina wore the same outfit that she did at Ipswich (from a photo posted earlier.)

I met Tina during her signing. Had a little chat about the shows so far, how all the fans enjoyed seeing her...got a hug and kiss, she enjoys meeting her fans as much as Anthony.

There were more screams and clapping when Anthony appeared on stage of course. He was in fine form. He admitted to only knowing about Lismore because of Ngaiire from last years idol. Anthony explained about getting over his chest infection, but was on top of it now.

Anthony's song set was the same as he performed at Seagulls. He still sang The Prayer early. It was absolutely brilliant, even added a subtle variation at one point...well received by the audience, some jumping to their feet, everyone gave a generously longer applause.

Not sure how long these posts can be, so I'll continue with Anthony's songs in another post.

Kerri xo

Next installment.....

When Anthony invited people to move closer to the stage, I must say that it was not only the younger fans who made the dash. I was watching an older woman who stopped just short of moving a young girl out of her way so that she could get closer to the stage. She was obviously a very excited lady, but regained a little self composure.

All of Anthony's songs were brilliant. His voice had regained its strength and he was having a ball. I just don't know how many more times he add variation to some of the songs. Maybe that's why he forgets the lyrics sometimes!! .

His redition of Route 66 was awesome..lots of throaty growls and scats, very nice. I don't know why he keeps saying this song is for the oldies, he is making it for everyone to like.

Per Sempre is a pure ballad song with so much emotion. Makes me cry as it is one of my favourites. Anthony held some long notes in this one...so moving.

Of course Anthony had all the moves, reminded me a little of Elvis at times. His stage presence is so commanding, he knows how to use the stage and engage the audience from the moment he comes on until he leaves. Fantastic to witness.

I got the impression that things had to be hurried a little because when he finished BOTW and left the stage, there was only a few moments before he came back and sang Rain, hardly enough time for people to chant out 'Anthony, Anthony..'

So the concert was amazing and then Anthony did some signing for about 20-30 minutes. Once again, this was rushed as the club was wanting to close. Anyway, my niece and I got cds signed. Anthony asked if we had enjoyed the show and I thanked him for coming up this way. He said 'awwwh thank you' and that he was having the best time. He is such a beautiful person. That is too simply put but he is just that!

The last thing I wated to say was that apart from having the time of my life at Anthony's concerts, it has been so much fun watching other people enjoying themselves. You can pick up from the beginning that it is their intention to have fun and enjoy a really good show...a great spirit...live, love and enjoy life.

Thanks Anthony for bringing so much happiness into the hearts and lives of so many people. What a gift.

That's it for now, soak in as much of Anthony's brilliant performances as you can.

Kerri xo

This post has been edited by mucha: Jul 28 2005, 10:32 AM

#50 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

TAMWORTH
July 27th 2005: West Tamworth RSL, NSW

frances84
Jul 31 2005, 04:57 PM

Hi All, this is my first posting! I was just reading Sharnett Rose's posting about the Tamworth concert....she seemed to think that Anthony seemed to struggle with his voice, I didn't notice it! I was just SUPERB!!! If he was struggling I didn't notice (sorry!). I too had an AWESOME time! I was right at the front in the middle. I agree with Sharnett that it was great he was so close and kept making contact with the crowd (touching our hands etc) however to the girl that kept grabbing Anthony's shoes (and nearly making him fall over) CAN YOU NOT DO THAT!? It is actions like that, that will force Anthony to have barriers put up around the stage and then there will be no contact at all - for anyone!

Other than that it was unfortunate that the leagues club didn't advertise more, I knew about the concert through this web site however all other advertising was poor, thanks Anthony for carrying through with it, it's great to have big names performing so close to home! GREAT CONCERT! I had the best time ever - the best birthday present I could ever ask for - thanks mum!!

Bye 4 now xo

#51 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

sharnett rose
Jul 31 2005, 05:47 PM

Hi frances84
Didnt you find that Tamworth being a smaller venue was much more personal!
Do you live in Tamworth?
Finally another New England fan!
It wasnt so much his voice but I thought he altered the songs slightly especially the higher notes.
It wasnt me who was grabbing his foot and I really felt sorry for him trying to sing with people grabbing his foot trying to trip him. I must confess I did touch his shoe a few times when he came close but he would not of known.
I was really dissapointed with the lack of advertising as well ,if it wasnt for the forum I would have missed it.

#52 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Batgirl
Aug 3 2005, 12:57 AM

Hi all!
I am so besotted by Anthony. His talent is mind blowing. I am a Tamworthian and I went to his concert here. Since then I have been so interested in him.
The concert here was great - I was actually right behind the "foot-grabbing girl" - she was just having fun in her own way... as we all were. So few people at our concert meant better views, more space for dancing and not-so-long autographing lines.
I will be going to Anth's concert at Penrith Leagues Club - cannot wait!!!!!!!
I apologise if this entry is so long - so much to say. Forgive me, it's my first.
It will be great to hear from you soon.
Bye bye

#53 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Anthony Callea Adds Extra Show To Tour; Date Changes For Newcastle & Doyalson

Currently in the middle of his national tour, pop powerhouse Anthony Callea has added an extra Sydney show to his extensive concert run, while there has been a change of dates for his Newcastle and Doyalson shows - details in here...

Anthony Callea has been wowing fans on his current Australian tour with his stellar live concert experience, and due to demand, has added an extra Sydney show to his extensive list of national dates. Tickets for his second show at the Marconi Club on Sunday, September 11 are on sale NOW through the venue on (02) 9823 2222.

In other tour news, Anthony has unfortunately had to postpone his concerts scheduled for tonight (Friday July 29) at the Panthers RSL in Newcastle and Doyalson RSL on August 10.

The new concert dates have now been confirmed for Friday, September 9 at the Panthers RSL in Newcastle and Saturday, September 10 at Doyalson RSL, with all current tickets held valid for the new dates.

Anthony apologises for any disappointment and looks forward to performing great shows for all his Newcastle & Doyalson fans in September!

Anthony Callea Tour Dates

30.07.05 State Theatre, Sydney NSW
31.07.05 Shellharbour Workers Club, Shellharbour NSW
02.08.05 Campbelltown Catholic Club, Campbelltown NSW
03.08.05 Hellenic Club, Canberra ACT
05.08.05 Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide SA
06.08.05 Palais Theatre, Melbourne VIC
12.08.05 Marconi Club, Sydney NSW
13.08.05 Derwent Entertainment Centre, Hobart TAS
14.08.05 Penrith Leagues Club, Sydney NSW
09.09.05 Panthers RSL, Newcastle NSW *re-scheduled date*
10.09.05 Doyalson RSL Club, Doyalson NSW *re-scheduled date*
11.09.05 Marconi Club, Sydney NSW *new date*

Anthony's new single 'Hurts So Bad' out now!

#54 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

SYDNEY STATE THEATRE
July 30th: Sydney State Theatre, Sydeny, NSW

diissee
Jul 31 2005, 01:14 AM

I just got back from the Sydney Concert and all I can say is absolutely fabulous.

The State Theatre was packed and was definately sold out. There where people up the back standing.

The audience went wild.

Tina Cousins was absolutely awsome. She really got the crowd going and i loved her songs, I was surprised that I knew a lot of them She looked beautiful and the crowd loved her.

I was a bit upset that quite a few people didn't come in until half way through her set.

She sang for about half an hour then a break and the crowd was getting restless for Anthony, finally the music started it was all dark and Anth came out singing. The crowd was going crazy.

Don't ask me to list the songs I am sure someone will have the full list.

He had on black jeans, a blue long sleaved top and a long black jacket. He sang about five songs and then he did The Prayer, standing ovation material, and he got it the audience was clapping for about 5 minutes.

He really got into the groove of things and was very relaxed, I don't think he is 100% yet, I could hear him straining sometimes, but I really don't think anyone in the audience noticed.

People were'nt supposed to stand up or take photos, (but they were still doing it) the ushers were running around everywhere trying to get people to sit down. The place was jumping.

He finished his set and said thank you, and went off and everyone was shouting to come back, (as we new he would) he come back to do RAIN. Before he started he said you guys in the first few front rows can come down the front.... Well that opened the flood gates. At least half the stalls section stormed the front. The ushers just gave up and everyone was was up dancing and singing along and really enjoying it. The whole stalls section was up on there feet.

After he finished RAIN it was really over.

He was fantastic... I am sorry my post might be a bit boring, but I am sure there will be plenty more to read.

The mix of crowd was really varied. Not a great deal of little kids, lots of teen girls, couples, middle aged and older, lots of guys as well.

I saw Anthony's parents, they didn't come in until just before Anthony came on.

There was some filming, but not the whole show, they put the camera away after the Prayer.

That guy Paul was there with the camera man and I was sitting near Pauls family. I think someone said before that Paul worked on GMA, so they might have been filming something for when ANTH is on GMA next week.

So I don't think we will bge getting a DVD out of the SYDNEY concert.

All in all I would say a fantastic time was had by all, me included. he is such a showman.

This post has been edited by diissee: Jul 31 2005, 01:51 AM

#55 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

tess
Jul 31 2005, 01:24 AM

Hi peoples just got back and had a great time . I dont think Anth is 100% but still totally awesome.
The crowd was a mixture of youngies, oldies guys, girls and lots of couples.
I just wish people would not scream or try to sing out loud when Anthony is performing, its so annoying. We had girls in our section "trying" to sing per sempre louder then Anthony. Hello, we came to hear Anthony.

Congratulations on a brilliant show, Anthony

#56 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

traxlmaz
Jul 31 2005, 01:33 AM

Yes totally agree with everyone Anthony was awesome tonight and so was Tina Cousins!!! I'm so glad that I won tickets from 2 day fm so I got to sit in the mezz section better than what I had tickets for. The ushers were really strict about cameras but that didn't mean I wasn't sneaky lol!

I will post my pics once they are uploaded.

THANK YOU ANTHONY FOR ANOTHER WONDERFUL SHOW!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCKED THE STATE THEATRE!! SEE YOU NEXT AT CLUB MARCONI!

Here are a few photos I took of the concert tonight couldn't get the best quality as I had to sneak the photos as they were very strict at the state theatre.

enjoy I'll have better photos to share with you after Club Marconi as I have really good close seats and it's a smaller venue.

http://photobucket.c...l... july 2005/
Here's one that I made smaller I think it would be alright here
user posted image
user posted image

I'll only post the link as they will slow this board down lol!

#57 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

diissee
Jul 31 2005, 01:42 AM

The place was really pumping, the atmosphere was really great (a little to many screams at times).

I am not sure why the camera was only there for a short period and I still don't think he is back to himself yet so maybe they may film the Melbourne concert, another week of him improving. They weren't filming the whole time just different segments. They took some footage of Tina also.

He never mentioned anything about being sick, I could just tell in some of the more demanding songs, he strained a few times, but never hit a wrong note.

He was on for about 1hour 20-25 minutes. (Not long enough for my liking, I am just gready though).

I am going to the Penrith concert on the 14 August, I can't wait to see him in a smaller venue.

I can't believe the crowds reactions to him. I don't think ANTH could either, the front was just swamped guys & girls dancing in there seats and then when the crowd broke loose it was all for one.

Anthony also said some of the crew from Idol where in the audience and also the lady that co-wrote one of his songs on the albumn.

I am terrible with names and have a memory like a sive...it will come to me eventually.

This post has been edited by diissee: Jul 31 2005, 01:46 AM

#58 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

melancholyrose
Jul 31 2005, 02:16 AM

I already posted in the concert section, but I'll post here as well.

My review

First up � Tina Cousins. She did a fantastic job in warming up the audience. Her voice was great and she has great stage presence and is a true professional.

Anthony didn�t open with Hold the Line. He didn�t perform that one at all. He opened with �Take it to the Heart� and was brilliant. His speaking voice is still a bit husky and he sounded still a bit nasally, but his singing was first class as usual. He had, for the first time a few �string� players come on when he performed �The Prayer� and (now my memory fades) I think �Don�t Tell Me�. They come back on when he performs �Per Sempre�. All amazing, beautiful renditions. It was a mammoth effort on his part, seeing he has been ill, to perform these so well. I had a few tears, not soley for the performance from pride and admiration. I think the only album song he didn�t sing was �when you were my girl�. There was a medley from Idol, Enrique�s �Baillamos�. His performance of �Bridge Over Troubled Water�, I found to be truly superb � so full of emotion.

His encore was �Rain� when half of the Stalls section moved to the front to be close to him. He got everyone involved and touched as many hands as he could.

Oh. When he first came on stage, he was wearing a below the knee black coat, black jeans and blue L/S tee shirt. He looked fantastic.

The Callea�s were there and there was some filming going on. They seemed a bit stricter with cameras this time.

It was a full house and again a mixed bag of ages and sexes and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Feel free to ask anything and I�ll answer if I can remember.

#59 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

missprincipessa01
Jul 31 2005, 02:40 AM

Hey guys!

I also went to the State theatre concert tonight, which was great for me cos I only found out that I was going like today!!!!!!
Tina Cousins sang really well, and she has great stage presence but you could tell that the crowd was waiting for Anthony..
When Anthony came out though, the atmosphere was electric and many people were dancing and singing which was good! To me, Anthony seemed a bit under the weather but still sang FANTASTICALLY, and the prayer brought tears to me eyes.............
I spoke to Paul after the concert, hes really nice and also saw the Callea family.
All in all a good night!
xox

#60 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

Mischa
Jul 31 2005, 02:43 AM

Just got back from the Sydney show...I'll leave it to everyone else to write more detailed reviews... suffice to say that the show went beyond expectations. He hit notes other artist could only dream of hitting, he performed with energy and style, the crowd was inlove with him...it truly was a brilliant night.

I had avoided spoilers up to now so every song he sang was a surprise! He opened with Take it to the Heart... with him standing mid stage under an awesome lighting setting! The big surprise was the string quartet he had there for a few songs.

Of course, The Prayer was a highlight but so were most of his ballads, especially Per Sempre for me...esp with the string backing. The upbeat numbers like Walking Away, the Enrique song and finishing on an awesome live version of Rain were also great.

He added heaps of his own touches to the songs with the usual improvisation and bluesy deliveries.

There is just no voice as beautiful and spectacular as Anthony Calleas in this country. He blew us all away. I wish the night could of gone on forever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users