47 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

- Thank you to all members who contributed information, links, reviews and photos -

Music News: Anthony Callea Continues on Road to Success

Anthony Callea is continuing his success with not only three consecutive number one singles under his belt, but now a sold out tour.

Callea announced a national tour which kicks off this week and within days, new shows had to be added in Melbourne and Sydney.

Expect the same response when the singer announces dates for his national tour which is expected to take place in July and August.

Supporting Anthony on tour is the singer best known for her smash hit 'Falling' and girlfriend of swimming star Grant Hackett - Melbourne singer/songwriter Candice Alley.

Callea will release a third single from his debut album in June.

Tour dates are:
Thursday 5th May: Geelong - The Arena
Sunday 8th May: Bendigo - Bendigo Schweppes Centre
Friday 13th May: Sydney - Star City
Saturday 14th May: Sydney - Star City
Sunday 15th May: Sydney - Star City
Friday 20th May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre
Saturday 21st May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre
Sunday 22nd May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre

http://www.accessall...llpAaIyBlPA.php

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

GEELONG
Thursday 5th May: Geelong - The Arena

|| Prayer Answered ||
post May 6 2005, 10:17 AM

Well her's my full report.. lol sorry I'm posting this everywhere! biggrin.gif

How ya going?? I am soooo GREAT!!! It's the morning after the concert and I'm still shaking with excitement!!! It was the best ever!!! omg.. Anth sang so good and sang sang for ages, we were 2nd row from the back but we could still see him and for the last couple of songs I ran down to the very front and looked up and Anth was RIGHT THERE!!! omg.. i wish you could have come, you would have loved it!! Anyways.. so i get out my camera and start taking snaps and the stupid thing wouldn't work... all my photo's were just blurs and i was crying cause I really wanted to show you my pics. But I'm telling ya, even pics wouldn't be able to show how good this concert was!!.

And then cause I was down the front, I ran out the back and his little signing table was set up and I'm like WOOT!!!!!! YAY!!! and i went running and I was one of the first in line!!! and i pulled out my massive poster (that i bought before the concert started) and set it on the table and then there he was RIGHT in my face!!! omg he is sooooooo beautiful... he is much better looking in person then any pics I have seen of him!! and I'm just standing there shaking like mad and he was looking straight at my and his eyes were so intense and understanding. it was amazing!! I'll write down our really short convo... (we didnt get much time because there was too many people so I'm really sorry I didn't get to say hello for ya)

Anth: Hey, how are you??

Me: Good thanks

Anth: Thanks so much for coming tonight. *signs poster*

Me: Thanks for that!! *huge grin*

and thats how it went.. it was soo kewl Guys!! I wish you were there. he is so tiny.. his face was like the size of my hand, it was like a little baby face and his voice was really quiet and sweet and he was looking at me straight in the eyes... it was so dreamy!! and then when I walked out, i was crying my eyes out with happiness!! It was the best day of my life!! I already miss him heaps, but it wont be the last time i see him.

And when he was on the stage he was telling us these little embarrassing stories and one of them was:

Anth: "It's so good to be so close to home. Me and my family used to always come down to Geelong when I was younger. Hey is that little fenced off swimming area still down at the beach with the slide in the middle??"

Crowd: "yes"

Anth: "oh ok, *laughs* well i've got a story for ya, it's a bit embarrassing but I'll tell ya anyway. *laughs again* my family used to go don there to swim and i would always get my brother to blow up my little rubber boat and push me out to the middle where the side was, because I was scared of the seaweed, I'm a wuss *laughs* and then when i got to the slide I would make him wait at the other end of the slide with my boat, so that when i went down i would just land on it at then end and be happy *giggles*

Yeah but it was the best and he was so cheeky. he kept running off the stage and everyone would get up to leave and he would come running back again, lmao!! it was too cute!! oh and he had little cups of peppermint tea on the stage (i think it's his fav drink cause he said he had it when he went out for dinner) yumm.. peppermint tea.. he also bring a little cup of it to the signing afterwards.

Luv ya lots,
Larelle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melody
post May 6 2005, 10:53 AM

Hi all,

Went to the Geelong concert last nite too. It was awesome! In answer to foobs' questions:

1. What did Anth wear and did he change his outfit?

Black jacket, jeans, tight red t-shirt. He didn't change outfits, just took his jacket off in the middle of the show.

2. Did he sing Per Sempre and When I Get There?

Yes, both. Just wait til u hear Per Sempre live - it is astounding.

3. Did he sing any John Farnham songs?

Yes, "Don't Let it End".

4. Did he thank you all for your support of the album etc

Of course. Wouldn't be Anthony if he didn't!

5. What age groups were in the audience?

All sorts. Mums with their daughters, ppl my age (22), 14-17 year olds. Everone was there!

What a night!!!!

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

BENDIGO
May 5th 2005: Geelong The Arena, VIC

Elly
post May 9 2005, 05:14 PM

Hey all!

Last night, I went to Anthony's concert at the Bendigo Schwepes Centre. I thought I would post my review, and some of the 33 photos I took. Here is what happened during the night:

Well we lined up at 4:00pm (Mum, my bestie Jess and myself) and were 2nd in line. We waited for a while, then Mum went and got us Maccas. We ate that, and then at about 5:15pm some music started playing. Jess and I listened, and it was Anthony practising. It was very loud, and it sounded great!
At 6:50pm, they let us in, and Jess and I just ran to the stage. We were in the mosh pit, front line biggrin.gif
The support band came on almost straight away... I didn't think much of them. 20 minutes after they finished, Anthony came on biggrin.gif We were screaming like mad!
He played really awesome songs, and I was singing along to them all and taking photos biggrin.gif
I managed to grab his hand as he was walking past too biggrin.gif
The show finished at about 10:30pm, then we lined up and waited for him to come out and sign things. We were last in line, but it was worth the wait! I got him to sign my album cover, and he wrote: Elly (heart) then his signature

All in all it was a great night! My photos turned out great, and I wanna thank Anth soooooooooo so much for coming! It was by far the best concert I'd been to biggrin.gif

Here are some of the pics I took, I will post more later on smile.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Did anyone else go?

Once again, thanks Anth!

Elly xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------
luke2177
May 10 2005, 09:22 PM

Hi all, I'm new to the forums - nice to meet you all. Like everyone else, I first heard Anthony on Oz Idol 2, and thought his voice was unbelievable. I thought he was the obvious standout from the very start, and simply couldn't believe he didn't win!

Anyway, I'm in Bendigo as well - and I went to Anthony's concert on Sunday night at the Schweppes Centre - it was amazing! It was also great to see the wide range of people who obviously love his music - from the youngsters, to middle age to even the elderly!

It looked as though just over 1,000 people attended the concert... a sold out basketball game at the stadium usually brings in around 2,000 (doesn't happen often) - so the turnout wasn't so bad at all!

I was surprised Anthony didn't sing a few more songs from Idol, namely "Ignition", "Glory of Love", "I want to know what love is" and "Back to One" - all were simply amazing on the show and would have rocked the stadium. He did sing "Hold the line" (he started the concert with this one), "Walking away" and "Carwash".. I think that was it.. oh and of course "Bridge over troubled Water" which is on the CD...

The crowd went mad when he sang "The Prayer" - it was a great rendition, too.. he was drinking a lot of tea, so whether he was having voice trouble on the night, I'm not sure... I guess the concerts would take a toll in some way on his voice, but without a doubt overall, it was an outstanding show!

He finished with "Rain", which was equally superb and a great finishing song - probably my favourite performance of the night, along with "Obvious" and a few others from the album.

He didn't sing "Listen to your heart", which I suppose isn't a big surprise, though I would have liked to hear it..!

Well done Anthony! I'd seriously consider seeing a concert in Melbourne if I had a bit of money! I'm not even sure what the ticket situation is - they're probably already sold out??

Thanks for reading everyone, take care!

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

SYDNEY
Friday 13th May: Sydney - Star City
Saturday 14th May: Sydney - Star City
Sunday 15th May: Sydney - Star City

Princess Sabrina Callea
May 16 2005, 05:00 PM

omg last nite i saw anth in concert and he was so SEXY his voice was absolutley fantastic and i was crying coz i couldnt believe i was there. 2 day at skool me and naz were just talking bout him all day and while we were in geography class it started 2 rain and naz goes ''falling like rain'' and me and her burst out laughing. he was so good last nite that i didnt want it 2 end!!!!!!!! wen he finished i shouted out nnnnooooooooooooooo. and guess wot he waved at me 3 times and winked at me once i didnt think it was possible but i like him even more now!!

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

neeta01
May 16 2005, 06:10 PM

I cant get ova the concert either...i had so much i was right up the front row he danced with us lol an pointed to us wen he sang into ur heart lol....we had so much fun he srsly is the best i really dont know how any one can say anything todai at skool me and another girl were listened to his whole album on my ipod and i was excited just lsitening to him omg he is the best anth really derserves everything he is just gods gift to girls lol anyone agree

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

AnthonyMyHottie
May 16 2005, 06:10 PM

OMG! i went 2! U kno how anth pointed out the love heart sign that flashed wif lights?? that was my sign!!! he was like look @ this sign and told me to hold it up!!!! i was sooo happy and he pointed and me and smiled at me!! AHHH! it was the best night of my life! he also touched my hand! i didnt see him blow a kiss?? How can any 1 not love the sexy guy!! LOVE YA ANTH!! MWA xoxox he is definately gods gift 2 girls!

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

cute_armo
May 15 2005, 09:23 PM

omggg Anthonys concert is the best concert ive eva been too..omg so much happened...omg lket me breathe..ok
well

1stly [COLOR=blue] we got to our seats..as everyone did...but then as soon as anthony came out we (me n my frends) ran to the stage and sat there *right in the middle infront of the speakers* thennnnn ahhhhhhh we held his hand 100000000000 timess andd i touched his leg 5 times and i also touched his bum!! it was soo smooshy thennnn he saw our shirts and he sed he loved eemmm and my frend gave hers to him...thennnn we asked for his water bottle and omgggggggggggggg he gave it to us....it was open and some water had been gone OMGGG and we drank from it.....omggggg ahh andd...hmmm oh ye...wen anthony sed in the microphone *everyone..the afterparty is at talars house* that was usssss!!!!!!!!

ahhhhh and omggg i MET HIM AFTER THE CONCERT! ahhh he signed my shirt and i hugged him! andd omgg we go to him..anth do u remember us from warringah mall..and hes like rnt u the girls that came up like 4 times..and were like OMG YESSS ahhhh oh and during the concert he put the microphone to me n my frends and we sang in it ahhhhhhhh....omg durinmg the show he kept talking to us..omg i am sooo sorry for writing so much vut i had to let my feelings out....my frend n i went to our soccer game this morning with plasitc bags around our hands so no one would get his germs! hmm everyone thought we were weird...omg that u so much for letting my feelings oiut to u...and anth..if u read this...I LOVE U and u finally gave us a hug after getting rejected 3 times before...and another 6 timnes before that...

cya guys

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

robinson
May 16 2005, 08:41 PM

You know how when you really look forward to something and you hear really good reviews of it, often the reality fails to live up to your expectations? Well not in the case of Anthony�s concert. This concert exceeded my expectations on so many levels. I just loved it and am already looking forward to the national tour.

I really liked the venue � it had a nice intimate feel and visibility was good. According to Ticketek there was not a single seat available at any of the four concerts � I thought there might be the odd single seat scattered here and there especially because of the way a lot of the seating was at tables.

I was quite surprised, and pleased, at the right across the board demographic � I really thought it would be not too far off the Idol concert demographic. It gives me a warm feeling when I think of Dicko�s constantly repeated �13 year old girls� mantra.

I thought Candice Alley was good but I wished the crowd had been more appreciative of her. She has a great voice and has a hit single and a CD and she has also won a song writing award (I think). Melbourne concert goers please show your support of her � listen to her, be courteous and clap her. I know people are impatient to see Anthony but Candice is part of his tour � he would have had a say in choosing her, let�s support her for Anthony�s sake as well as for her own.

The band were fantastic, I particularly liked the way the guitarist on the right was right into it, and the backup vocals were superb. While there was screaming it wasn't as loud or constant as I thought it might have been and you could still hear OK the majority of the time, plus it added that superstar factor.

Now we come to Anthony himself. He was absolutely brilliant. He looked great - loved the jeans and purple shirt, I just can't get used to Anthony wearing bling though. He was full of energy. The order of songs was well done to vary the pace, there wasn�t a single lull and Anthony was still or moving around accordingly. I felt very comfortable and happy the whole time � a good indicator of a successful concert in my eyes and the fact that he pulled the whole thing together really well. I loved every single song, there was not a single song I didn�t enjoy. I really really loved the way he moved and danced � those moves were veeeerrrry pleasing to watch. He was great with the audience and was constantly going right to the edge of the stage and going from one end right to the other. Even though he had a cold I didn�t really notice it when he was singing � he sang brilliantly. One and a half hours non stop singing was very generous but it seemed to go quickly and I could have listened and watched for a lot longer.

I loved all the microphone on stand, off stand; microphone and stand straight, at angle; microphone in hand, holding stand straight, stand at angle moves. I don't like singers taking the microphone stand on a journey with them all over the stage but Anthony doesn't do that.

He sang 18 songs and I seriously have 18 favourites. I�ll just comment on a few. I loved �When I Get There� (one of my current album favourites) because we could hear his voice more, sometimes the music was a little bit loud. Another favourite is "I Want You". Yet another variation of �Bridge� � this was brilliant the way the band came in halfway. I loved �Into Your Heart� � it sounded so much better with a full band than the dance beat on the album. It was so good to hear �Route 66� and �Walking Away� again � those vocal gymnastics and all the way down the scale to those lower notes was sheer delight to the ears. Well actually all the vocals were outstanding.

Congratulations Anthony � that was a first rate concert.

Just a thought, I wonder if the national tour might include an acoustic segment � I think that�s the right term � just Anthony singing with a guitar or two as backup like the instores � and then the full concert/band part. John Farnham did that on his last tour and it was great.

Another thought, it would really be great to see Anthony dancing in future video clips where appropriate.

And I would love to hear "Hero" and the other non album/Idol song again. And I love Anthony singing rock and bluesy songs. I adore the big Italian songs too - he sings them with such authority and I love the love ballads - he puts so much feeling in them. I love the funky songs too.

I wrote the above before reading any reviews of the Sydney concerts. I have since read some of the reviews � thanks so much for all the details. I loved reading some of your experiences and impressions. It's like we went to all the concerts and sat in a whole lot of different seats.

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

av4anth
May 16 2005, 12:16 AM

OMG I JUST GOT HOME FROM THE CONCERT AND ANTHONY WAS....JUST...LIKE...WORDS CANT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW AMAZING HE WAS. HE WAS JUST FANTASTIC!!!!!!

he opened it with hold the line, raised the roof with the prayer half way through and finished it with rain. he was totally awesome. and i waved at him, AND HE WAVED BACK AND WINKED AND SMILED AT ME!! omg it was just sooooo kewl. my voice is gone now cuz i was screaming and cheering so loud. im sure canolli girl would agree with me when i say, anthony was just incredible tonight and tonight was the best night of my life. literally.

p.s after one of his songs i yelled out "take your shirt off" and everyone laughed but i dont think he heard me.

TONIGHT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE AND I'LL NEVER FORGET IT. ANTHONY ROCKS!!

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

michelle
May 14 2005, 01:36 PM

Hey guys I thought I'd share my experience with you all.

Well I arrived at about 5:30pm and we went to have dinner in the Buffet Restaurant in Star City. While we were eating a large group of people came and sat two tables from us. My friend pointed out to me that one of the boys looked like Anthony so I looked over. That guy was Paul Ruggio (wearing the same sweater that Anthony wore at Highpoint) and some other good looking wog guys and Anthony's mum. Some old ladies were at the table next to us and saw us look over and they were convinced that Paul was Anthony. It was quite funny listening to their conversation for the rest of the night. I thought I should tell them it wasn't him but they looked so excited and I didn't want to upset them.

Anyway we had a bit of time to kill before the concert and had finished eating all we could eat so we went into the casino. We had a bit of a gamble and then it was 7:30pm but there was so many people lining up to get in so we played the pokies a bit longer. We saw Anthony's mum and friends in the casino too and we headed in at 8:00pm the same time as them.

So we were seated (we had front row on the left) and we got given pink armbands which you needed to get back into that section. The crowd had a lot of older people, not many young people as I would have thought. Candice Alley was singing. I thought she was great. Don't think many people liked her but I appreciated her. Some people cheered when she said it was her last song. I thought that was a bit rude. Anyway so Anthony comes on at around 9:10pm and the show was fantastic!

You all probably know the songs he sung so I'll tell you about the audience interaction.

He said he was a bit nervous but by the end of the night he said we made him feel great.

He asked who was Italian before he sung 'Per Sempre' and majority of the crowd went crazy. He said they might understand the words.

Before he sung 'Hero" he said that he gets so much fan mail asking him to sing Enrique (he said it in a nagging voice) so he said he would make everyone happy and sing one.

In the middle of one song he asked a girl what happened to her arm as she had plaseter on it. I thought that was funny.

Then he commented that the 'oldies' might like 'Route 66' and said well not old old people, when I say old I mean like my mums age. Then he said his mum was there tonight and wouldn't appreciate that.

He drank his peppermint tea and said that's what real rockstars drink.

He said he lives in Melbourne and does not have a penthouse in Dee Why.

He commented on two girls drinking wine in the front and asked where his wine was. Then they offered and he said it would be a bit strange him singing drunk and that he shouldn't.

A few girls who were standing on the side of the stage were asked what song was next and he referred to the weather and they said he was hot and he said no what's the name of the song. Ha ha.

His moves were great, he moved around so much. He looked like he enjoyed himself. He got a standing ovation for 'The Prayer' which he thanked everyone for. I loved all the Italian songs. They just blew me away. Everyone was up and dancing for 'Carwash' and 'Rain' and he touched all our hands in the front row heaps of times. I had a great night and can't wait to go again tonight and tomorrow night.

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Mz Callea
May 16 2005, 06:45 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG how good was anthony's concert i had front row and like da roof was on fire it was soooooo gud. I touched anthony's hand and he smiled at me once and he looked at me heaps. It was soooo fun. He sung all the songs i was hoping for him to sing even Route 66 I used 2 rolles of film my brother was taking Kodak Moment gallor LOL all for me The i gave him a letter and i have a sore throat from screaming. When i left his mum was coming the other way and me n my friend followed her but we were so nervous to say hello n we were the only people following her and then i chickened out n turned around and walked away oops But then i saw his guitarest n cos i didnt say hi 2 anths mum i had to at least say hi to his guitarest n i didnt no wat to say so i said you were really gud and he was like thanks Anthony was also craking jokes alll night it was sooo funny n he was drinking peppermint tea awwwwwwww how cute IT WAS DA BEST DAY EVA GUD LUCK TO ALL THE MELBOURNE PEOPLE HAVE FUN

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

DaNN-i
May 15 2005, 02:21 AM

HEY HEY ACOF FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!

again i went to the concert *yay* and candice again was brilliant, i just still hated the fact that ppl were talking SOOOOOOOO loudly while she sung!

i saw alot more people wearing forum tags tonight so *CLAPS* for you all and again i printed about 200 forum tags and again they were taken within minutes, maybe ill do double for 2mrws show? hehehe

show was fantastic again, and again i thought the music was a lil too loud

BUT -- anthony wore something different ......... same top same jacket, but had jeans and cream shoes on (maybe he read my post today about hating his black shinny shoes? hahahahahahahah)

i got a few more pics, but ill let others add theirs

also, anthonys mum was there again 2nyt, she stood up the back watching her son .. very cute

and anthony has a cold ... it was sooooooo cute hehehe he turned around @ 1 point, drank his tea, and blew his nose it was adorable, hes like "sorry ive got a bit of a cold" hehe

PS: I THOUGHT THE CROWD TONIGHT WAS UNREALLLLLLLLLLL 10 TIMES BETTER THEN LAST NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANTH ROCKED IT UP A BIT MORE 2NYT, HE SEEMED A LIL LESS STRESSED

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

rshar0
May 15 2005, 02:44 PM

(DaNN-i @ May 15 2005, 01:21 AM)
PS: I THOUGHT THE CROWD TONIGHT WAS UNREALLLLLLLLLLL 10 TIMES BETTER THEN LAST NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANTH ROCKED IT UP A BIT MORE 2NYT, HE SEEMED A LIL LESS STRESSED 

I think the Friday and Saturday night audiences were different, but from my perspective there were pros and cons of both.

With the Friday show I think everyone stood at the end of The Prayer and gave him a warm ovation and he said it gave him goosebumps. Also when he came back for encore and wanted everyone on their feet I think everyone got up. At least when I turned around on both occasions (I was at the front) it looked like everyone was up each time. On the Saturday show people stood at both times again, but not everyone like on the Friday.

On Friday I felt more of the audience was adults (18 and over) than younger ones. There were some pockets of teens but they were generally scattered amongst their families. There were couples, even elderly ones, and lots of people without kids so 100% for sure they were there for themselves. I think with the exception of a handful of people the front rows were adults. Essentially, I think it was crowd to use to give Dicko the big finger. There were screams though, even I screamed a little like the teenager I am not, , to show my appreciation hehe. Concerts bring out the immature side of me what can I say.

On Saturday the younger presence was heavily felt, but I don't think they dominated the crowd in numbers. There were still a lot of adults, it was mainly that by their behaviour and being more vocal the younger people were more noticed. There were also more younger people near to the stage on Sat than on Fri. Anyway on Sat as soon as he came on they raced from I don't know where to the front of the stage. This changed the whole vibe of the show. I think he liked playing with them some and that may have been why you say he seemed a bit less stressed DaNN-i. I found it all really good fun. However, it did make it harder to hear him.

Friday night we got to hear his introductions, whereas on Saturday he was ad-libbing with the girls in the front line and reading posters so we didn't hear all of the introductions.

I'm glad I went to both because I enjoyed all those differences.

This post has been edited by rshar0: May 15 2005, 02:46 PM

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

kimalex
May 15 2005, 05:19 PM

Hi everyone,

My 9 year old daughter and I were at the Concert last night too...we had great seats right down the front in one of the booths, so we were able to go down to the stage whenever we wanted to...which I might add we did on many occasions!!!! couldn't resist!! We got some great photos and my daughter is still saying' that was the best night of my life' and she is wearing the Anthony T Shirt I made her to wear last night again today......don't know how I will get it off her to wash it!!

All the songs Anthony sang were fantastic and I thought the way he started the concert by singing a few lines of 'Hold The Line' backstage whilst the lights were still out was so effective and an absolutely amazing way to start the show....it was awesome. 'The Prayer' was definately one of the showstoppers..receiving a standing ovation..everyone was so quiet and the teens in front of us were even telling their friend who was singing along to be quiet!!! He was so relaxed and was really enjoying himself. The vibe was great...everyone was having such a good time and were so friendly....people of all ages....we could have stayed there all night!!

Truly one of the best concerts we have been to and wish we were going again tonight..to all those who are.....you will have the best time of your lives..Enjoy!!

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

back at one
May 15 2005, 08:40 PM

All I can say to everyone is when Anthony does the national tour try to go more than one night. I went Friday and Saturday and I still wanted more! He is just amazing and the closer you are the better...love his face.
About the crowd, both nights were different but fantastic. I thought the teens on sat rocked!!

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Mrs Callea #1
May 16 2005, 03:18 PM

hey i was there,i just got back,and god he was hot, and i never sing or anything but near the end when he started carwash and the other songs after that i was just singing my head of and i was clapping and dancing,it was so fun!! i got heaps of pics but this chicks head was in the way most of the time,then i just stood up and took some pics,also went to the side and stuff,i'll post mine up 2moz aswell cuz i get home early from skool 2moz. I saw 1 person from here,i 4get ur name already lol. I got a $40 shirt and also a postergramme,as soon as i got the shirt i went ot the toilets and put it on

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

marry me anthony!!!
May 15 2005, 03:45 PM

hey guys!

omg, i went to anths concert last nite, and omg, i had the best time. my seats were actually quite good, and i took heaps of pics (cant wait to see em!).

anth was sooooooooooooooooo amazing! every song he sang was brilliant. i cried during 'dont tel me' and 'the prayer'. wen he sang 'carwash' the crowd went crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was really sweet, always saying thank u, and doin his cute lil laugh. n he looked soooooooooooooooo HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg it was the best concert eva, n i wish i was goin tonite- so all u guys goin tonite, hav the best time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaahhhhhh so sad its ova!!!! but i got a t-shirt to memba the concert by (im wearing it now )

luv mish xo

ps. afta the concert, a lady (who was with utha ppl) came up to me n goes 'omg finally! ive been looking for ppl wearing these forum tags, and i havent seen any! ur the first 1! so glad ur wearing it"........n im like 'yer i go on the forum everyday' n then she smiled n walked off.........just as she walked off, im like 'omg it was wendy!!!!' lol im so stupid!

pps. wish i was goin tonite. if ne1 has a spare ticket tonite, feel free to giv to me

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

Anth0nyIsH0t
May 14 2005, 12:58 AM

If the sydney people and the melb people who havent seen the concert yet dont want to know wats in it..LEAVE THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!

ok. It started with candice alley...she sang a few songs, she was good but we were all really anxious to c anthony

anth came out and opened with hold the line...i think this is pretty much like the otehr concerts but ill type it up ne way!!
he sang most of the songs off the album but 'when u were my girl' and 'take it to the heart'

he also sang..hero, walking away, route 66, some other song i cant rememba...i didnt no it, carwash, dont tell me and i think that was it

It was a fantastic concert!!!!! I had so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!! im not going to be able to stop smiling all night

i did get pics but they rnt that good...he was wearing the same as the geelong concert

one cute thing that he did say was "excuse me while i make like a rockstar and have some pepermint tea!!!!!!!"

hope u like me short review lol

love emma xoxo

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

kalika
May 14 2005, 03:08 AM

It was absolutely bloody awesome I met him way before the show in the lobby of the hotel and actually managed to give him his quilt then (so didn't have to worry about it after all.....)
He was so nice and posed for pics with us he took the quilt and his mum was with him and she said did you make this for him and i said yes he said wow that's awesome, asked were we there for the show and said it was great we had come down for it and was looking forward to catching up when he is in Newcastle

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

shorty
post May 17 2005, 10:21 AM

user posted image

Sunday nights concert was pretty awesome, with support act Singer songwriter, Candice Alley performing a couple of awesome new tracks as well as her chart hit falling and a couple of other songs from her album 'colorblind', plus her version of the stones 'wild horses'. She did amazingly well, also good to see she can also pick up a guitar!

So ANTHONY came on about 9... and he definetly got the crowd pumped!!! Loved his version of enrique's hero cool.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users