Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Aviator
May 14 2005, 11:30 AM

Alright... I would like to give my review here rather than start a new thread.

The concert started on time @ 8pm with Candice. I was sitting in the 'A' and 'AA' ticket area, got our special pink armband... apparently only 'A' or 'AA' ticketholders can get in and out of the front section.

The first 30mins nearly put my friend to sleep, not because Candice is not good, she was a great singer in her own right. It is just that we don't know her that well and not her fan, so it kinda dragged on.

The intermission from 8:30 to 9pm was LONG... BUT it was good that he turn up on stage ON TIME @ 9pm! I won't go into the details of what he sang in case some of u don't wanna know... he sang songs from the album, Australian Idol and one other song that I don't know the name!

It was a very fun night... he sang, he laughed and chatted with us... oh, he said if anyone found his penthouse apartment in Dee Why that he apparently has... please let him know!!

At the end, when he encored... we (section 'A' and 'AA' ppl) all rushed up right up to the stage and like a disco party... dancing and yelling and shouting and singing along.... IT WAS GREAT!

I have to say it is the best concert I have been to ever, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. And I'm sure you guys will too! HAVE FUN EVERYONE! That 90mins... seems like 20secs!! Now I wish I bought tix for tonight too... LOL

Oh Anth... what a great SHOW!! U are the BEST!!! Well done mate!!!

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

reneebabe
May 14 2005, 03:11 PM

OMG I thought Anthony was fantastic he sang everything I wanted to hear but I have to say I thought Candice Alley was really really good also cause she sang songs I didn't know except for Falling and they were good songs and she has an amazing voice especially when she sang I think the song was called Wild Horses.

I read somewhere she sang in competitions wth Anthony when they were young cause they both come from Melbourne so they must be friends, anyway they are both 2 great Australian singers.

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

diissee
May 14 2005, 03:46 PM

I think Candice was really good, she has and amazing voice. I think most people were just anxious to see Anthony.

I have to say it was absolutely fantastic. He is such a great performer, he was so natural on stage.

He really enjoyed the audience and was smiling at everyone. His voice was in fine form, every song was to die for.

I will not post the songs as I can't remember the order and someone else has already listed them. But the highlight for me was The Prayer and BOTW and I loved him singing RAIN.

When he came out for the encore performance and did Carwash and RAIN all the audience was up on their feet and lots of the come down to the front stage and he was touching their hands, its was a real concert......

The audience mix varied some young kids, I would say the youngest I sa would have been about eight right up to some grannies. Male and Female mix.

I loved it when he went to have a drink, and he said now I am going act like a real rock star and take a drink of my "Peppermint Tea"........

One highlight I was so happy to see was that ALAN JONES and his enterage was there for those of you who don't know ALAN JONES is the highest rating talkback Radio 2GB in NSW, he has supported Anthony's talent in the past with the Prayer.

He was sitting in the fourth row from the front, and when the concert finished he went back to have drinks with Anthony..this is so cool. I hope he mentions the Concert on Monday.

Anthony looked fabulous and you could tell he was enjoying the whole experience. When he first come out he said he was a little nervous, first concert in the Big Smoke..

For those of you still to go, don't forget when he leaves the stage for the first time make so much noise for him to come back for the encore performance stomp your feet.

The Showroom was packed fullhouse, and I would estimate it has a 1,000 seat capacity, it is hard to say it may have been a bit more.

So many girls were calling out I LOVE YOU ANTHONY.. he really interacted with the audience, listening to what people were calling out and answering.

Great Show, although I now feel sad because its over. Who ever has tickets to go, you will have a great time.

I hope John Foreman goes to the Melbourne Concert....

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

bella_carina
May 14 2005, 10:23 PM

hey,
wat can i say, theres 2 many words 2 describe how the concert was last night. It was EXCELLENT, it was such a gud night. Anthony is a star. He reminds me of an angel, how goerogus he is he lit up star city. He got the crowd into it. he sang heaps of songs ur heart just stopped becaue of how beautiful his voice is. I loved wen he sang hero n car wash. Anth smile was so cute n he was dressed really hot!!!. He talked at bit between songs n made the crowd laugh. Wen he asked how many were Italian the whole show room went crazy.I luv the way he dances n moves his sexy body. Everyone that goes will have a time of their life.

THANX ANTHNONY 4 MAKING THE CONCERT THE BEST
Anth Callea is a bello !!!!!
WE LOVE YOU !!!!

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

tess
post May 16 2005, 11:03 AM

OMG ITS WAS BETTER THEN FRIDAY NITE OMG i got more photos coz i went rite 2 the front of the stage n wen he saw i was taking photoz he would pose ther until i left omg he got all these lil tebby bearz n italian flagz n then me n my sister went up n while i was taking photos she gave him our note n he put it in his pocket i hope he readz it

lol n sum1 screamed out in italian u have a nice ass lol n he sed sum1z being a bit rude lol that was cute omg n wen it was time to go run 2 the front u should have seen me n my sister n lil cousin we wher rite at the front

OMG I TOUCHED HIM SOO MANY TIMEZ N HE SHOOK MY HAND N OMG HIS HANDZ SOOOOO SOFTTTTT OMG N I NEARLY TOUCHED HIS BUT BUT I GOT HIS LEG ..... then sum girlz wher taking photos with ther fone n he went up2 1 of them took the fone n took a foto of him self OMG I WONT THAT FOTO

OHHHHH at the end of the show he ask every1 what song he 4got n then he went to the crowd..... he went 2 my sisiter again

anthony: what song havnt i sang
sis: RAINNNNN!!!![SHE SCREAMEDDDD]
anthony: rain wots rain i dont no that song
sis: its yourrrr songgg
anthony [laughz]

omg he picked us at the easter show n now he picked her at the concert and becasue i was next to my sister ANTHONY WAS SOOOOO CLOSE 2 MEEEE

omggggg that is the best concert evvaaaaa !!!!!! n i got soo many better photos which ill post in my sydney foto thread soon

omg i love his handzz

ohhh i 4got i saw his mum ther but i didnt have time 2 go up 2 her coz anthonyz show was bout 2 start....n casey donavan was ther she had special seat at the top we wher the 1st 2 c her n we wher waving n she waved bac its good 2 no shes supporting anthony

PICZ FROM SUNDAY 15TH 8:00

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

enjoy biggrin.gif

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

mucha
May 16 2005, 02:38 PM

So much has already been said about how fantastic Anth's concerts were. I don't want to repeat all those truly deserved sentiments in detail, but I did want to say a couple of things. Firstly, my husband and I did enjoy Candice Alley. Neither of us really knew much about her or her music, but now have her Colourblind cd which we are looking forward to listening to. I feel it is great to have access to as much Australian talent as we can and she does have a beautiful voice, lots of strength and emotion there. I was thinking when she was singing, how hard it must be to be the 'support act' to someone that you know all the audience is there to see.

Just a couple of words to describe Anth's night... he rocks with that power house voice and the performances were high energy!! First class, so congrats to Anthony and all the boys in the band. I would see everyone of his concerts if that were at all possible and know that every time I would be entertained as if it were the first time I had seen him perform, each performance having something uniquely its own.

Sadly, it was the quickest two and half hours I have known and I know I left feelingboth exhilerated and happy but in a daze after trying to take in everything.

Sorry Tess, also wanted to say your pics are great.

Kerri

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

rshar0
post May 16 2005, 12:13 AM

EDIT: Saturday comments and pics have now been added later in the thread

Sorry this is long but I wanted to say more than, "It was excellent"....

I went to both the Friday and Saturday shows at Star City; both because I knew I'd want to enjoy the experience again and absorb more. I will base this review on the Friday show and add any Saturday night extras worth mentioning at the end.

user posted image

I attended the show with my mother, who likes Anthony as well, and when we took our seats we couldn't believe it. We were front row centre, right in front of the microphone! I've never had seats like that before, and to get them for Anthony's concert was the ultimate.

When I looked around the packed out venue I noticed there were more adults than there were his reported main demographic. I'm even tempted to say much more. There were people of all ages, and yes many men too. I don't think they were all dragged there either. smile.gif I was happy about that.

As you'd know, Candice Alley performed first. My mother wasn't that fussed on her, I think because she wanted something more lively and visual. I personally thought she was excellent. I knew three of the songs she sang and I thought her version of Wild Horses was very good. I've heard a female sing that before and I thought she did a great job of it. I really enjoyed her performance.

The interval that followed felt long. We noticed one of the stage crew taping papers to the floor on the stage. Curiosity was getting the better of me so I had to take a peek as to what they were. The two on my right (his left) appeared to be the set list in reasonable sized font. I'm not sure what the three on the other side were but if they were lyrics he must have magnifying contacts or something! tongue.gif I wondered if they were his intros. I noticed towards the end of some songs he'd take a quick peek at the set list, I didn't really see him use the other three sheets. I don't blame him for having them, you'd have so many things running through your head it's nice to have effective palm cards. You can see the papers taped to the floor here:

user posted image

Anyway, back to the start of the concert.... Finally the lights went out and the introductory music began. I really liked the way they modified the introduction to Hold the Line. Hearing the chords linger on the guitar and his voice resonating over the darkness was brilliant. Then it kicked uptempo as the lights came on and he made his way to centre stage. I posted a while back that it'd be amazing if he started the concert with Hold the Line, so I've no idea whether he thinks along similar lines to me or if someone's been paying attention. The same goes for other things in the set list which I will mention later. Whatever the way this song got selected for the intro I do not mind. I loved it! I'd been a tad disappointed he didn't do this song instead of Ignition at the Idol Concert (well before that concert) so was ecstatic to see/hear it here.

When Hurts So Bad started it was in the way of the album version, not the live acoustic ones so I didn't hold out hope he'd do my favourite line that way which is just as well because he didn't. It didn't bug me at all because I do love the guitar in it and it was really fun.

I Want You was amazing. He really conveyed the mood of that well visually, well he did the others too. I can't think what else to say about it which probably makes it seem as though it isn't worth a mention which isn't the case. I adore that song, and to think he said he first recorded it when he was 16. It sounds pretty sensual for a 16 year old to sing. I've no doubt he did it well then too, but I'd think he works those angles now he has as a few more years on him.

I could tell people like Obvious, as well they should, it's uptempo and it's great fun. I really enjoyed it too.

I very much enjoyed Anthony's introductions, although I know they will be similar at each. When he introduced Hero, I loved how he immitated the fans in a higher pitched voice going, "Can you sing an Enrique song? Can you sing an Enrique song?" Totally classic. laugh.gif Anthony is so charismatic on stage, a wealth of good humour, and although he says he has nerves at times he seems so at home up there.

Anthony's performance of Can't Make You Love Me was stunning. What a voice he has, I can't get enough of it. Him seated there in the darkness with just a few lights overhead (below), singing it so beautifully was exquisite. Absolutely brilliant. I tried to yell touchdown at the end but I was drowned out by the applause. laugh.gif I wanted to do a standing ovation, I even wanted to stand more during the concert, but given my seating position I knew I'd block people's visibility to him significantly.

user posted image

Per Sempre and When I Get There... Those two songs are so vocally driven and require a lot and he delivered them flawlessly as far as I noticed. When I Get There is one of my favourites, I cannot get enough of that song. I wanted to standing ovation both of those too because he really deserved it so much. More than just The Prayer is worthy of that mark of respect.

The Prayer was just as amazing as it's ever been, probably even more so because it was delivered right in front of me, I was near tears and would have been were it not for my brain spinning with all that was going on. I was thrilled that as far as I could see everyone was standing for him at the end of that. Anthony thanked people and said it gives him goosebumps and I think he gave this little body shake as he said it. He's so expressive... his body, his eyes, he really conveys a lot physically. Anthony, so just a warning on that. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Walking Away was another great opportunity to see Anthony move (which he did do just as well in other songs). He is such a fine dancer. It's not that he's doing some big dance routine, he's just moving around the stage to the music, engaging people, and moving his shoulders, feet, etc really naturally with the music. It was so much fun watching him do tracks like this. One of my mother's favourite things about the evening was his dancing, she repeatedly mentioned it and how entertaining he was in general.

Aah, Route 66. I'm so glad he did this one because I mentioned weeks ago that other than the album and the b-sides I'd wanted a rock song and a blues song. He did Hold the Line and Route 66 which I will count as the other, being from the era I was meaning. I was so excited and it totally went off!! Anthony, seriously, because you did that song on Australian Idol more than the oldies know it and anyone with sense loves it. laugh.gif I loved the tail end of his remark about it being for the oldies, but not too old he means his mothers age... when he said she was there and that she'd kill him. Very funny, and said in a very cute way!

Don't Tell Me and Wanna Be the One. I wanted to standing ovation Don't Tell Me too... sensing a theme? biggrin.gif I was over the moon he sang that and I was pleased he didn't leave off Wanna Be the One. My mother loves that song, it's one of her favourites if not her favourite, so she was happy about that too.

I really really love Lost in Summer. I couldn't believe it when he said about imagining that it was warm and some girls thought he meant Rain. I was like, "No Lost in Summer!" I was giddy that he did that song, I get into that track so much. My mother loves it a lot too and he was moving well too and it was awesome.

Into Your Heart sounded really good. A slightly heavier dance beat and another fun, energetic performance.

Bridge Over Troubled Water was incredible too. Another one worthy of an ovation. Really they all were. There were so many stunning vocal performances. Even in the uptempo songs there were brilliant notes. Since I couldn't really do the ovation thing I had to clap and scream like the teenager I'm not (but look like). laugh.gif I was more embarrassed afterwards than I was at the time, but that wasn't nearly as embarrassing as.....

I'd made this montage/music video to When I Get There that quite a few people told me I really should get to Anthony. For some reason I decided to take it on CD with me to the concert, thinking if I ran into Wendy or his family I might see if I could politely hand it over. When we were waiting for the concert to start my mother was like, "No give it to him!" and I was like, "What?" The idea of handing him something on stage seemed really odd to me. Anyway when he came back for encore to do Carwash he asked everyone to get on their feet. Yay!! I could finally have an excuse to stand up. biggrin.gif As far as I noticed the crowd all got up. Anyway because he was that close, and with a little encouragement I decided to try and give him the CD. I was trying not to do it while he was concentrating on singing a line but my mother kept grabbing my hand that held the CD and pushing it towards him. :ph34r: Eventually I caught him and handed him the CD. I felt bad for the timing because it'd been when he was singing a line but there wasn't a lot of opportunity with him moving from left to right across the stage quite quickly. Sorry Anthony!

Anyway, Carwash is one of my favourite AI tracks and it was awesome to be there live and standing that close with him singing mere centimetres in front of us. Incredible. I even briefly got to squeeze his hand and he squeezed back. Agh, if only I was younger I wouldn't have washed my hand for ages after, but I did. laugh.gif

Finally was Rain. Such a catchy, fun, known, uptempo song and perfect to finish on. Loved it.

It was such an amazing night! I had a ball and then I got to repeat it again the next night (but since I've rambled on so long noone has probably read this far I'll post a few Saturday specific additions here later). Oh, I did hear from a stage hand that apparently my CD ended up in Anthony's dressing room so I hope that is true and that he finds a moment to have a look at it.

What a voice Anthony has. Over and over I was thinking, "What a voice. What a voice!!!" I love the way he sings so much but it isn't even just that. It's his great way of engaging the crowd, working the stage and interacting with the audience in a fun, good natured way. He's a born superstar. Can't wait for the national tour!

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

rshar0
post May 17 2005, 09:21 PM

Here's my Saturday show comments. They're a bit disjointed because I'm just going into differences rather than reviewing it all again.

Ah Saturday. My mother, being the 'all things in moderation' type, had told me that she'd only attend the Friday show when I was purchasing the tickets. Despite my, "Are you sure you won't regret it?"s she was quite comfortable and fixed in her decision. After seeing the Friday show, she frequently said how much she loved it, especially Anthony's dancing and how entertaining he was. On Saturday morning she surprised me by indicating she wanted to go to the Saturday show if she could get a ticket. I informed her it was sold out, but she could try if she wanted. She got on the phone to Ticketek, but unsurprisingly there were no tickets available. That is how much she loved the show.

Anyway, my ticket in hand, I rocked up to Star City on the Saturday night just as excited as I was on the Friday. As I always do, I took a look around the audience. There were still large numbers of adults, again many without kids, attending this show. I even spoke to a guy who'd brought some preteen girls. I assumed he'd come just as their chaperone but he voluntarily started telling me how he thought Anthony was better than the American Idol contestants and the best of both Australian series. He indicated he thought he should release in the USA too as he is that good. He genuinely seemed to appreciate him a lot himself.

The Saturday audience had a difference though in that this time there were more teenagers in groups whereas the night before they'd been more dispersed. A number had come wearing Anthony t-shirts and carrying banners.

When the lights went out the teenagers ran from places I couldn't determine to the front of the stage. I was at the front where they gathered (no I didn't run there that's where my seat was tongue.gif ) and some of the people next to me weren't at all happy at being encroached on. I found myself in the situation of feeling like a parent and having to tell them to move, stop chatting, etc. :ph34r:

So they raced to the stage and when the lights came on I saw them all and I immediately knew it'd be a different sort of show. As soon as Anthony appeared for Hold the Line they started presenting him with gifts. He collected a fair few that first song and I think over the night he got cards, notes, soft toys, flowers and a hat.

I found the teens' close proximity and enthusiasm brought out more of the casual Anthony and we saw even more of his quick wit than the night before. At one stage he very humorously immitated fans reactions by going, "OMG OMG" in a high pitched voice and waving his hands. I loved that.

Some of the girls indicated they'd seen him before and he made comment about seeing them last weekend.

He asked some girls in the second row what their t-shirts said and when they stood up he read, "Anthony's Angels" and laughed.

There were also signs, one said something about Anthony changing the world. Another he read out said, "Anthony I'm falling like Rain for U"

Later in the show one lady tried to hand him a CD and pen. He seemed to think about it for a moment then said he couldn't or he'd start a riot. You bet he would. laugh.gif If he had CDs and pieces of paper likely would have started appearing in every direction.

At one stage he was given a card and goes, "Ooh, a business card". Cracked me up. As he collected these notes he'd put them in his back pocket. It looked like he had quite a collection going.

Some girls must have asked about an after party because he said something like, "No the after party was last night not tonight." A girl said something further, about having one I suppose. He goes, "What's your name?" Then he turned to the audience and basically said, "The after party's at Tamar's place!" and indicated that they'd have to invite everyone. The girls screamed. Her name being mentioned must have been a thrill for sure.

Anthony had been given a hat and the gift givers were calling out, "Wear the hat!" He laughed a little and was like, "Wear the hat??!" He said he couldn't, putting his fingers into his surprisingly flexible spiked hair, and said they do his hair up like that to make him look taller. As an aside I don't see why they need to, he really didn't seem that short on stage and no it wasn't because they had spiked the hair. tongue.gif

Hmm, I heard him say to someone, "What would your mother say?" Then "She told you to do that?!!" I found out later it was because someone touched his ass. blink.gif

Hmm, between two songs he blew his nose, apologising and saying he had a cold. Had he not said that I'd have had no idea. He sounded great, seemed pumped and in good spirits. I guess it's like how he managed to do such a great performance for Gimme Some Lovin yet was so ill at the time. Poor guy, but I so admire his strength and go.

After taking a drink (of peppermint tea I think - at one point he said, "Excuse me while I act like a rockstar and drink my peppermint tea") he took a water bottle over to one of the groups of girls, handing it to one girl and saying, "I wouldn't want you to get dehydrated"

I was laughing quite a lot the whole night. His interaction with the teenagers seemed so natural, easy and comfortable. I really enjoyed that aspect of the show as well.

As glad as I was to see a scenario with groups of people going crazy at the stage like that, I think I preferred Friday because I think that audience really appreciated his vocal and wanted to really hear him. When you're seeing a performer live who is that good, you really want to hear them and not yourself. People went off on Friday when he stopped singing but it was like they were maintaining a respect level by being less noisy when he sang a ballad. I don't really know whether Anthony prefers screams or quiet attention while he's in the middle of a performance. I just liked that I could really hear him. Anyway on Friday after The Prayer, and for the whole encore, I turned around and everyone appeared to be on their feet. When he gave them permission to stand in encore it seemed they all did so I think they'd just been looking for approval so as to not be in trouble with others if they did it sooner. Some weren't standing on the Saturday so while it seemed louder with the teens at the front, I think overall Friday's crew really got into the core of it more. Friday did sell out first.

At the end of the show these two women next to me immediately turned to each other and said it was excellent, and well worth the money.

After reading about others meeting him at the stage door, I wish I'd gone as I'd had 20 minutes or so to spare after the show. Oh well.

I've already commented on the songs and performances in my Friday review so I won't go into them again, but he did a sterling job again, although it was harder to hear him over the screams on Sat. At some points during the Saturday show I closed my eyes so I could hear his voice and that started making me feel really emotional because he sounded so good. I felt as if I was going to burst and cry all at the same time. I was just as giddy after Saturday's show as I was after Friday's. Both nights it took a lot of winding down before I could go to sleep. biggrin.gif

On Friday my mother and I had taken quite a few pictures between us for memories. On Saturday, I took only a few shots to capture the outfit change laugh.gif at the start then put the camera away to totally just enjoy the concert. Here are the Sat pics:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

His jeans on Saturday appeared to have a shimmery silver on them, particularly on the seams. I liked them, and loved the shoes too.

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

MELBOURNE
Friday 20th May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre
Saturday 21st May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre
Sunday 22nd May: Melbourne - The Athenaeum Theatre

RaNdY_AnT
May 20 2005, 11:27 PM

I was there.. It was amazing... His voice is breath taking. I was sitting behind this elderly lady (I had awesome seats - 3rd row back) who was bopping along.. She ran up to the front to grab Anth's hand.. How cute!

Standing ovasions for The Prayer and BOTW! He deserved it..

The only thing missing was 'Take it to the heart'.. One of my favs and unfortunately, he didn't sing it.. Oh well, it was worth it.

Saw loads of his fam in the crowd too. His p's and brother...

Anyone else go?

He wore the Idol GF jacket for the first song, Hold the Line. Was awesome. He knows how to work the mike stand!! He was drinking peppermint tea at one stage! And continually thanked everyone for coming... Ummmmmmm, what else!!!!

I loved Obvious! Sounds heaps better live! Did the trumpet fingers as well!!

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

In*Bed*With_Anthony*
May 20 2005, 11:33 PM

Hi guys! Natski here at Leo's place. We've just gotten back from the concert and it was amazing. I've got plenty of pics to show everyone, which I'll upload and post when I get home.

While the star of the night was indeed Anthony, the band was also amazing. What a fantastic welcome home for Anthony. Tonight's crowd showed Anthony just how much Melbourne has gotten behind him.

We were 4th row and during the encore I ran down to the front and managed to get some fab photos.

Ummmm, I don't know what else to say, at one stage between songs I ran down the front to pass Anthony a note, Stacy knows what it's about- speaking of which it was great to see you after the concert, Leo and I will see you again tomorrow!

OK, well I'm rambling a bit- so I should probably go, just doing one last final thing for the meetup tomorrow. To those who went tonight, I hope you had as much fun as Leo and I, and to those who are going to the meetup tomorrow, we can't wait to see you all!

Nat and Leo xxxx

#31 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

Callea_Fan_4life
May 21 2005, 12:59 AM

I went to the concert 2nite
It was absolutely FABOULOUS!!!!
I loved every moment!!!!
Anth u were faboulous
He looked so cute and gorgeous (of course)!!!!!
I was sittin in the 5th row
I loved the outfit he was wearin
I love everythin about the concert
IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!
I will neva forget it

going to bed now

nite nite!!

Thanxs Anth 4 the best nite eva!!!

#32 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Lauren
May 21 2005, 01:01 AM

All I can say right now is WOW!!!!!

Anth you absoloutly rocked the house tonight!!!!

I need time to digest everything at the moment!!!! Will post more tomorrow! *goes back to re-living tongiht's show in her dreams*

#33 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

harvs182000
May 21 2005, 01:17 AM

Not long got back from the concert myself and can I say what a night it was. Anth was amazing and showed that he is a born entertainer. His voice was great and his moves on the stage displayed lots of energy and fun. I have been waiting a long time for this concert and I certainly was not disappointed.
The crowd was fantastic and very appreciative as was Anth when he thanked the audience for their support after singing The Prayer for which he got a standing ovation. Loved the song list, but would loved to have heard him sing "Take it to the Heart" as well.

Had teriffic seats (in third row) and the great thing about it is I get to do it all over again tomorrow night.

#34 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Miss Congeniality
May 21 2005, 09:51 PM

Anthony's concert on Friday night was awesome! He puts goosebumps on my goosebumps! I love how he does his sexy little dance and that gorgeous smile - I think I've dehydrated from drooling too much!

Never before have I been to 3 concerts by one performer but I am under the Anthony Spell!

Am very jealous of all those going to the rest of the Melbourne concerts but can only say you will leave each concert wanting more and more and more and .......

Go Anthony!

#35 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

iLOVEanthony
May 21 2005, 05:14 PM

Heyy Guys i went to the concert last nyte and Anthony was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!! THere is seriously no words to explain how it was !

.............. Breathless !

Anyways it was a fantastic nyte and by the sounds of the screams from last nyte everyone was having a ball. Anth was really good at working the crowd! He received a standing ovation for "The Prayer".

After the show me n my friend were waiting around to see if we could see Anth walk out but my friend got a bit sick so we decided to leave .. Anyways we were trying to find our way out of the building so i opened this door to see if it was the EXIT and once i looked in there was the Whole Callea Family. Anths Parents and brother and sister, His Nonna and Nonno, and also a few more. Maybe they were uncles and aunties. It was sooo funny !!! I popped my head in and everyone turned around and i was like Oppz !!! Am i suposed to be here !? and i started walking backwards and quietly shut the door ! lolz It was such a Crack up !!

Awww deary me !! lolz
Anth is was a fantastic nyte ! You done really well and i love ya heaps !!!!

#36 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Susana
May 23 2005, 05:38 PM

I have to say Fridays concert was good but Saturdays was absolutely brilliant. So I??ll give a mixed review of both

On Friday I was sitting in the Dress Circle C so the seats were good and you could see properly but on Saturday I was sitting in the Stalls row . Anyway Candice Alley was ok I only knew??E- soo very good seats Falling but on Sat a girl called out ??you??re beautiful- you look like me??. It was soo funny, I don??t know I think she was just going thought the motions of signing she didn??t look very excited especially after people started calling out ??We want Anthony??. So at around 8.55pm there was an announcement saying the show would commence in 5 minutes and doors would be closed. I was waiting for my friend who had gone to the toilet and I saw Satina, she had a white outfit on, Nonna was in the dress circle with cousins and Belvedere I think that??s how you spell it from GMA was sitting in from of Satina. As the lights were dimming Cosmo went to sit down. I was sitting next to his cousins and auntie??s and uncle??s I think cause as soon as Anth walked out he saw them and pulled a face at them.

Anyway so ??Hold the Line??- he sang them first notes off stage and them as soon as he walked on the crowd screamed. He sung it really well. Then he sung ??Hurts so bad?? everyone was screaming and signing along. On Friday he said ??it??s good to see so many familiar faces here tonight?? and ??You can??t beat a Melbourne crowd can you- nop?? and on Saturday he said ??the crowd was better then Fridays crowd (which I think is true but he probably says at every show anyway)??. When we get to this point I don??t remember the order but I??ll see how I go. At some point around here he stipped and took of his purple velvet jacket and the crowd when ??Wooooo?? and he??s like ??calm down that??s all that??s coming off?? and the crowd went ??Ohhhh??

??I want you?? he said this is a very special song to me I recorded it when I was in year 10 and after school he would go to the studio and sing. And when he did then ??I want youuuuuuu?K?? bit at then end everyone screamed. ??Hero (a song I hate because of the original artist but somehow Anth got me to sing along)?? he was walking around stage and them he came to the left side of the stage and goes ??Everybody 1,2,3,4,?K?? ??I can be your hero baby?K??. In ??Can??t make me love you (I think that??s what its called)?? he said many artists have done this song and here??s my version. It was really good and he was sitting on a stool with just 1 spotlight on him. In ??Don??t tell me?? he said this is a song which is very special to me its not on the album but early this year John Forman and I sat down to write it then he asked ??is there any Italians in the house? (obviously people yelled yes) and he said I dedicate this song to you??. Absolutely impeccable one of my favorite songs. ??wanna be the one?? was good people were just clapping and signing. ??Obvious?? wow everyone just started signing and this is probably my favorite song on the album so I probably loved it more but where he goes ??you are my very first thought in the morning?? the crowd sang ??and the last one at night??. People just started screaming at him and he??s like ??if you all talk at once I can??t understand you??. He said ??now we get to the beginning- there??s a little show called Australian Idol that without it I wouldn??t be here??, and he sung ??Walking away?? and we were all clapping and dancing along then he sung route 66 and he goes ??the olides should remember this, by oldied I mean people my nonna??s age, oops nonna??s in the crowd tonight she??s gonna kill me, sorry nonna no (his fave food I can??t spell it) for me tonight??. During Route 66 he introduced half of his band. Before the Prayer ??this is a special song I want to thank you all for making me highest selling single but Australian artist and for making my dreams come true?? IMPECABLE HE SENT SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE, he got a standing ovation and he deserved it. ??Per Sempre?? gorgeous as usual. He said ??I know its cold outside but can we pretend were lost in the summer, if you know the words can you sing with me??, I think people were clapping I can??t remember. ??BOTW- he said I love my big ballads, I mixed it up a bit see if you like what I??ve done with it?? he was really good probably after the prayer second biggest cheer. I don??t think I??ve forgotten anything.

Then he disappeared and I told my fired to run to the stage cause I had seen it on Friday so we ran but we didn??t get close enough. Anyway he sung ??Carwash?? and he??s like ??I want everyone out of their seats?? he finished introducing the bad and then he goes one last time sing with me ??Get you car washed today?K.?? And Nonna was so cute she was pretending to wash a car doing circular hand movements. Then he said ??what song have I forgotten?? and he put the micrphone to this woman and she said ??Rain baby?? he started laughing mind you this is the same woman who my friend heard say she was going to divorce her husband and marry Anthony. Rain was soo cool and everybody was up and dancing then it was finished.

He was brilliant, impeccable, magical I wouldn??t get sick of seeing him everyday. It was the best night ever. Sorry this post is long but I hope it gives the people who didn??t get to go a good idea of what happened, go and see him July/August. He??s worth it and I??m guessing the tickets may be a bit more expensive you get your money??s worth.

#37 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

I_Luv_Anthony
May 22 2005, 07:32 PM

omg i went to the melbourne concer, omg i had the best night ever. He gave me his mircorofone twice!! i sed i luv u anthony and he sed he loved me 2!! aaaaaaa i held his hand so many times!!! i had the best night ever!! ANTHONY U JUST THIS DAY THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!

#38 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Anth rox!!
May 22 2005, 07:51 PM

OMG, i just went to the 4:00 melbourne show and had the time of my life!!!! It was heaps better than the Friday night show cos Anth was more relaxed, adn he had an open shirt on!!!! He was so sexy and i even got his licorice(spelling?) tea!!!! It was full and still hot but i poured it out into the garden!!!! I had an absolute ball and would like to congratulate anthony on 2 FANTASTIC concerts (firday night and tonights) You interacted with the crowd so well and your dancing was extremely sexy!!! Good work Anth, i cant wait till your national tour!!!

#39 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

edmila
May 22 2005, 11:41 PM

Hi guys
Stacy was there. She arrived a at 3:45. I met few of the younger girls at the front also waiting for Stacy. We all spoted her and got our tags.
Thanks heeps Stacy.

I was talking to few of the forum members outside, they told me how wonderful his concert was on Friday/Saturday night. So, I was expecting a rather good show. But, I must admit I was blown away with his powerful voice and his performance.
I didn't want it to end.

I saw Anthony's grandparents and his cousin. After I said hello, they were looking at me as if trying to work out who I was. So, I put their mind at ease and said; I recognise you guys from the Idol. You must be so proud. So, she gave me a hug and told me to enjoy the show.

I was also at the front when he was singing Car Wash and Rain. When he get closer to me, I pointed to my formum tag and he smiled and shook my hand.
He is truly a nice guy and I wouldn't miss any of his concerts for the world.

Edmila

#40 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Deano
May 23 2005, 08:27 AM

Well, I went to the 4 o'clock concert and words can't say how awesome it was. It was good to see the audience sit patiently while Candice Alley was on. She was really good. Anyway people started to get restless during the intermission, but once Anth came on OMG- the screams were so loud (and I am still deaf from all of the young girls screaming 'I Love Anthony': In total I would say that people said I love Anthony about 3 to 4 thousand times (give or take a thousand))
It was absolutely stunning the way that he sang all of the songs, and the way that he interacted with the audience was nothing short of Anthony's style.

When one girl from the front rows got up to get a hand shake from Anth, just about all of the girls from the theatre got up to get one too. It was quite funny seeing Anth try to give a handshake to everyone, to make sure that he didn't disappoint anyone. Anyway, he said that his last song was Bridge Over Troubled Water and when he finished he walked off stage with the band.

Then the crowd started chanting 'Anthony Anthony' so the band came back on and started playing music and then Anth came nack on and sang Carwash. He finished up with Rain which was really good as well as he was singing whilst trying to get all of the presents people had got for him.

All in all, I can't speak highly enough of Anthony, but the concert was absolutley amazing and I think Anth enjoyed performing as much as we did being there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users