#41 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Posted by Diissee

My stupid Iphone went dead in the theatre, I don't know what happened but once I got outside it was okay. :wacko: weird.

It was a great night, Anthony and Susie were around the 4th or 5th act and did a very powerful performance of Alone. He sounded great, looked gorgeous, and just owns the stage when he performs and they got a great response from the audience, it would have been so good to see him do more. He just puts everything into a performance and it was the standout performance for me.

But there were a lot great acts,the whole show was good and can imagine it would have been a lot of fun being a part of. Damien Leith was really good so was Paulini, Wendy Matthews, Lee Kernaghan and Ross Wilson together and also Danielle Spencer and Tim Freedman (The Whitlams)

A lot of the old rockers really took over the last half of the show the likes of Ross Wilson, Glenn Shorrock,Doug Parkinson, John Paul Young, Angry Anderson, Dave Gleeson and John Waters, they did an epic 10 minute performance of Evie, part 1,2, and 3.

This gorgeous picture & bio was in the programme.

Posted Image

It was great to catch up with everyone that went tonight and see Anthony up on that big stage doing what he does best, it was a really enjoyable night.
I'll add a little more tomorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Posted by Zia

Another tweet from Anthony -

AnthonyCallea
Loved singing at 'dueting for the kids' charity concert in Sydney tonight with the vocal powerhouse Susie Ahern!
8 hours ago

ElissaMilne
Truly fabulous performance from @susieahern tonight at the ACMF Duetting It For the Kids concert. Duetting with @AnthonyCallea, also FAB!
6 hours ago

dysee Di
Heavenly performance tonight at #duetingitforthekids with Anthony Callea & Susie Ahern, singing a powerhouse version of 'Alone'
7 hours ago

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

Posted by Take it to the Heart

Channel 7 just had a report on the night and showed Anthony and Susie singing, they were only on for a couple of second
but wow they sounded amazing (Anthony looked great also).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted by Calleaminded

Dueting for the Kids was an absolute blast from start to finish - it was as real privilege to be in the audience. What a wonderful array of talent we have here in Australia.It is great to see and hear what the objectives of ACMF are in bringing music to disadvantaged cchildren throughout Australia.The programme began with about 30 children drumming their way onto the stage where they were joined by Don Spencer to sing a song he had written, "Australia". Then followed about 10 wonderful performances before Interval. Artists of the calibre of Marina Prior, Debbie Byrne,Damien Leith,Tim Burlinson and Liam Burrows just to name a few.

Now to the important bit - Anthony and Susie were at their very best. They sang "Alone" and really gave it their all. Magnificent! The crowd really loved them, but they are always great together.

After interval it was a Rockfest which had the State Theatre jumping - Lee Kernighan, Glen Shorrock, John Waters,Jon Stevens, Ross Wilson and JP Young, Angry Anderson & Doug Parkinson.

A great night was had by all.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted by Take it to the Heart

The report about last night was on Channel 7 news again and I managed to tape it and I took a screencap. The quality is not good as I don't have the proper software for taking captures.
Great to see Anthony and Susie featured in the report. Also great the night raised so much money. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

Posted by nonnapat

Thanks very much Andrea for the gorgeous screen cap and it was so great to know Anthony and Susie were featured on the news.

Sorry I'm only just getting on our forum girls. I didn't get home from Barbara's till this afternoon. Then I had to pick up grandchildren. Thank you so much Barbara for having me for the night and Barbara and her husband for driving me to the station today. I had such a wonderful time. :hugs:

It was a really awesome night fantastic to catch up with such beautiful friends Jan Di Christine and Margaret and Thank You so much to all you special girls for your wonderful company. :hugs:

The show started with a young aboriginal school playing the drums and then comming up on stage and singing with Don Spencer with a song he had written & then all the children and audience joined in with the actions. Don Spencer was marvelous with them. The first act of the performers was Diesel with his young daughter Lilly ( I think that was her name. They were great together.

DRUM ROLL - The very best act of all. :29wahoo: :3: :thud:

Anthony and Susie were the fourth act of the night and IMO by far the very best of all. They got a huge reception which they completely deserved. I'm sure everyone heard our voices I think OUR beautiful ANTHONY sang " ALONE " even better than he did at the Whitney Houston concert. It definately was a truely stunning uplifting performance. It was so so fabulous to watch Anthony perform he really puts his whole self into his performances and sings with such power and passion. It was just heaven to watch Anthony perform and his amazing stunning voice soar once again. Gosh I've really missed that. :wub:

He looked gorgeous he wore a light blue open necked shirt with I think it was a gold stripe on his shoulder. He wore beautifully cut skinny legged shiny dark blue jeans cream shoes and his hair looked lovely it was that straight look that we have seen in pictures recently. He looked GORGEOUS as always. :thud:

Barbara and I were talking to Susie before the show she was really lovely. She loves Anthony and admires his talent.

Tom Burlinson was out the back before the show as well and he was very friendly and accomodating with everyone. He sang a duet with young Liam Burows ( form Australia's got Talent.) He was so great with him.

Marina Prior & Michael Cormack were great singing a song from Phantom of the Opera. Wendy Matthews and Paulini were great also I loved Paulini singing with John Waters. Catherine Britt was also lovely singing with no shoes. Danielle Spencer looked beautiful and sang beautifully as well.

Debra Byrne also has a beautiful voice. Damien sang Alaula ( sorry can't spell it it ) with Antonette Halloran . They were really good although completely different voices.

We were hoping that Anthony might come out and sing another song. You know what its like we can never get enough of THAT MAGNIFICENT VOICE.

Dave Gleeson was great and full of energy. All the older rockers Ross Wilson Glen Shorrock Doug Parkinson John Paul Young Angry Anderson John Water and the energetic Dave Gleeson just had a ball together. Evie parts 1 2 & 3 which they finished off the night with was very fast furious and entertaining.

Di Thank You so much for posting Anthony's gorgeous picture and bio which was so lovely and I never get tired of seeing The Prayer listed as the fastest and highest single of all time.

Thank You so much again my beautiful friends for making the night even more perfect than it was with your wonderful company. :hugs:

Hearing OUR beautiful ANTHONY sing last night as only he can sing just made me long even more for his new music and tours. :wub:

:1oltlj:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

Posted by jaffa

Had a great night last night and the show was terrific. Anthony was amazing, it was lovely to see and hear him perform again. Trouble is it has just increased my appetite for more. The crowd loved him as well. He and Susie really rocked with 'Alone'. I love how Anthony harmonises with her. I would have loved to see him sing a second song, but take any we can get. I so cannot wait till we get a full Anthony show again. They are the best. I was hoping they would have auctioned him we would have had to do a quick post to Acof for donations, perhaps we could have had our very own concert. Ha!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

Posted by Diissee

Here's their standout performance :wub:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Christmas Party for Special Children
30-11-2011
Rosehill Gardens, Sydney

Diissee
Posted 22 October 2011

This is from his Facebook page under events :yes-2:

Wed, Nov 30
11:00 am Make a Wish Children's Christmas Party
Rosehill Racecourse, Sydney

http://www.christmas...ey.asp?pty_id=4

The Latest Word... Our venue has been booked again for 2011 Rose Hill Gardens on 30th November! For further information, please contact the office.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Zia
Posted 26 October 2011

Make A Wish - 30th Nov 2011

Anthony will be performing at the 'Make A Wish, special children's Christmas party' at the Rosehill Racecourse

http://www.anthonyca...om.au/shows.php
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Zia
Posted 29 November 2011

Anthony Callea
Off to Sydney....if you're free tomorrow morning, come along to the Rosehill Racecourse where I'll be performing for the Make-a-Wish Special Children's Christmas Party!5 hours ago

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Zia
Posted 30 November 2011

AnthonyCallea Anthony Callea
This wall of toys are free for the kids to take....WOW! Well done Make A Wish Foundation! http://lockerz.com/s/160648712
17 minutes ago

Posted Image

Make A Wish children's concert sound check! Ho Ho Ho http://lockerz.com/s/160648328
18 minutes ago

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Zia
Posted 30 November 2011

RichardWilkins Richard Wilkins
@anthonycallea fabulous performing for 3000 beautiful people at #SpecialChildrensChristmasParty
3 hours ago

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

calleaminded
Posted 30 November 2011

It really was a VERY SPECIAL CONCERT.

I arrived at Rosehill Station around 9.45 and as I was walking towards the venue I could hear a beautiful voice booming from the venue and yes it was Anthony doing a sound test, he was part way through one carol and then he sang OhOhOhOh.

By the time he returned to the stage at 11 quite a large crowd had assembled and they absolutely loved him: there were four teenage boys right in front of the stage and as Anth sang Grown Up Christmas List they waved their arms and were really enjoying it.

Then Anth invited more people to come closer to the stage and he sang A Christmas Song. He was giving out presents to the best singer etc. Then he changed the pace to OhOhOhOh and the kids were dancing and having a really great time.

I would like to thank Anthony for taking the time to entertain all these children with countless disabilities-it was a very special day.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Save Our Sons Gala Dinner 2011
3-12-2011
Sydney

Lea
Posted 05 September 2011

Posted Image

http://saveoursons.o...ala_Dinner.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Cont'd....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Zia
Posted 26 October 2011

Save our Sons - Charity Event - 3rd December 2011

Anthony will be performing at this years Gala Dinner for 'Save Our Sons'

For more information: http://saveoursons.o...ala_Dinner.html

Here is a little more info with a more recent photo of Anthony.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Zia
Posted 03 December 2011

Looking forward to singing at Luna Parks Big Top tonight AND a wee excited that Wendy Matthews will be there too! Sydney, see you soon!
23 minutes ago

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

4KQ Variety Children's Christmas Party
11-1202011
Brisbane

Poppy
Posted 22 October 2011

There is another event listed under shows on Anthony's website. Anthony will be performing at teh Variety Children's Christmas Party in Brisbane on the 11th December 2011.

Variety Children's Christmas Party - 11th December 2011

Anthony will be performing at the 4KQ, Variety Special Children's Christmas Party at the Brisbane convention and exhibition centre

Posted Image

http://www.specialch...asparty.com.au/
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Lea
Posted 17 November 2011

4KQ Variety Special Children’s Christmas Party

Entertainers make fancy, colourful balloons at a 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party.

Christmas is coming early this year, with the 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party providing a chance for 3,000 children to celebrate it together on 11 December.

The Special Children's Christmas Party is a free event at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre for children up to 12 years of age with moderate to severe visual, hearing, intellectual or physical disability; autism spectrum disorder or who have complex needs. Children who are terminally ill or are from severely underprivileged backgrounds are also invited. Children need to live in South-East Queensland to be eligible.

Invitations are still available for girls and boys up to 6 years of age who meet the criteria.
What will the party involve?

The party will feature an all-star cast including Father Christmas, Ronald McDonald and singer Anthony Callea—with clowns, jugglers, magicians and stilt walkers joining in.

Children can participate in activities including face painting, a jumping castle, slides, a merry-go-round and a wheelchair swing, and there will be free food, drinks, lollies and ice-creams.

Father Christmas will greet each child, giving them presents they can take home.

The party will run from 11am to 2pm, with doors opening at 10.30am on 11 December.

Buses will be available for children travelling to the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from regional areas, including Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Maryborough and Gympie. The cost is $10 per seat for a return trip.

http://www.qld.gov.a...hristmas-party/
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users