Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

connieluvsanthony
Nov 13 2005, 09:04 PM

Laura and Lina are such cuties.

I had the best day. I met a few forum members some that I had met before and others that I have seen at instores but didnt get a chance to meet.

Lina you and Laura you are such warm and happy people. Good to see Carrie, gez, Vina (all the way from Sydney) Atrium girl and Candy the cutie.

I had the best day Anthony is an absolute star but we already knew that.

Now I have to go and nurse my sore throat and what voice I have left and my sunburn is so bad that I look like a big lobster. *ouch*

See you all again at the Botannical gardens. Hopefully I catch up with Laura and Lina sooner.

mwah mwah

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

sarah-ann
Nov 13 2005, 09:28 PM

How awesome was today guys?!

And the wonderful thing is that it's not just about Anthony, it's about meeting up with all you lovely people too! of course, candy is such a pleasure to attend acof meet-ups with as usual... but today, we had our special guest vina from sydney! (girl, you're awesome, it was so good to get to know you better) and of course alll the rest of you guys that i ran into... ness, sam, edmila, jen, laura, josie... .... hahaha so many of you i can't name you all! but all in all it was an awesome time spending this very hot sunny arvo in this way...

it just dawned on me, that this could be the last time that we're gonna see anthony in some time what with him going overseas and everything... and i'll be going back to Singapore at the end of this month after my uni exams too! you guys gotta keep me posted on all the happenings that i'm missing out on (which hopefully won't be too many ) but whatever it is, what a wonderful day to end another year as an anthony supporter.

user posted image

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

Kezzad
Nov 13 2005, 09:32 PM

I had a fantastic time. My first time seeing Anthony (other than his concerts) I went a bit balistic on taking photos but, hey, who cares. It was great meeting some of you for the first time.
Check out my photos

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

gadgetgirl
post Nov 17 2005, 08:42 PM

Here's some photos from the Fox Bash ....

Anth was in full form & having a blast!

But I love the photos, coz Anth's personality comes through ..... biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Continued ...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Continued ...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Whitelion
Joy in the Park
Luna Park, Melbourne, VIC
Free Event
30-4-2006

http://www.whitelion...ho-Is-Whitelion?

Anthony performed: Per Sempre, Hurts So Bad, Rain, Per Sempre and first time live, Run Away and I Want You to See.

Joy in the Park is a fantastic community day brought together each year by Whitelion role model, Tania Doko.
With the support of Luna Park, the day is an opportunity for Whitelion young people and their mentors to get to know other matchs and spend some positive time involved in the activities of the Park and watching a free music concert.

Despite the less-than-perfect weather, on Sunday, 30 April, an enthusiastic crowd of a couple of hundred people turned up to Luna Park for the free concert. ARIA award winning Anthony Callea performed his hit songs Rain and 'Per Sempre (For Always). Roary, the Whitelion Mascot, even came out in the rain for the fun and moved and grooved to a few songs.

Opening the event was Kiki Courtidis, Popstars finalist 2004 who definitely impressed the crowd with her acoustic performance. Also performing was hip hop act 'Phrase', local rock band 'Radiodogs' and DJ Paulo.

And just as the rain started to pour down again, Whitelion?s own Tania Doko performed with her old musician partner, in Bachelor Girl. She also got the crowd dancing with her electro dance band, Joylab.

Metlink, Whitelion?s major partner, sponsored the event and their Authorised Officers spent a few hours mingling with the crowd and handing out free giveaways, including some fun Polaroid photos.

Tania Doko and 'The Boys'
user posted image

Anthony Callea meets Whitelion's Roary
user posted image

Photography courtesy of Hannah Krijnen.

Susana
May 1 2006, 06:37 PM

Hey everyone here is my review of joy in the park.

I arrived around 12ish and it was pouring rain, when we found the stage Tania Doko (bachelor girl) was doing a sound check. They thing didn't start until past 1:15 and the first on stage was a girl named Kiki apparently from the last popstarts but I have no recollection of her, it was her 21st birthday and she sung 4 songs.

After her came Radiodogs, a group of 3 guys they were really good and I kept looking at the corner of the stage to see if anth had arrived. Then I saw a group of guys and I said to my friend dre they look more like his kind of people but what they were wearing.

Sure enough anth was behind them I don't think anyone saw them but me because he stayed pretty far back from the stage. He was wearing light blue jeans, brown boxer type boots with his pants tucked into them, a green t shirt or shirt and a black jacket half done up. He had his fly sunglasses as I like to call them on, they are PRADA by the way.

Finally at 2.50 pm Anth came on stage. His band was already there, his band is made up of Mark Amardo I think that's how you spell his name, they guy who replaced John Foreman on GMA and another two guys one who plays the bongo and one who plays the guitar. He came on and the first song he sung was Hurts so bad, as usual we did the walk like that's and talk like that's bit. He said thank you then he said we were very lucky cause he was going to sing his first single for the first time in public (I'm not sure if it will actually be the single or not but the first song from the new album) it was called Run Away it was probably closest to the Rain style of song a bit poppy/rocky, really good.

It was the first time I've seen anth fans quiet, we were dead silent trying to listen to the lyrics. Once he finished that one he sung another new one J he goes this is a song, then a girl yelled out about me and he goes no its not a song about you its about me. Its called I want you to see, he wrote it 4 or 5 months ago and its gorgeous, absolutely beautiful. The first line is something about the tabloids and you cant believe everything you read and he just wants to be left alone.

I really hope this song is on the album cause its fantastic, it's a ballad and he sings it like omg I cant describe it its just wow. Anyways we all clapped like crazy then he sung Per Sempre impeccable pitch sung beautifully. Finally he sung Rain and he said something like its appropriate considering the weather. During this he grabbed peoples camera and took pics of himself so cute and he grabbed a dog, a school mascot I think and posed with it that photo came out really well.

He then had a little chat to Glenn Manton (former essendon and Carlton footballer, from the footy show and whitelion creator) he told him the album or at least the single wont be out for at least another 2 or 3 months, so we got a while to wait guys and that hes been recording in the studio locked away. He then went off stage and people chased him but he ran away it was so cute. I must admit I wasn't a fan of the hair but after seeing it in person it looks better than in pictures so I now like the hair.

That's all for now hope you enjoyed my review
Susana

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

greeneyedkat_au
Apr 30 2006, 06:25 PM

I looked up both new song titles on APRA and from what I can work out... "Runaway" was written by Anthony, Tom Nichols and David Eriksen. These guys have written for the likes of Kylie, Jessica Simpson, All Saints and Celine Dion between them.

Then the other one has been written by Anthony, J Christo (who I'm guessing might be Anth's old band mate from SayYeah Jimmy) and James Kempster.

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

harvs182000
Apr 30 2006, 06:27 PM

I was at Luna Park and I just want to say that in all honesty the two new songs are absolutely amazing.

I loved them both but I think Run away is going to be an absolute SMASH HIT and that would be my preference as the first single. The song is in the mould of pop rock with a chorus that is catchy and has you tapping your feet and singing along. The radio stations will surely have to pick this song up.

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

secretsquirrel
Apr 30 2006, 07:20 PM

(jaffa @ Apr 30 2006, 05:48 PM)
Were there many people there especially as the weather was not so good. It would be good to hear a full review.

Hey jaffa!
I'm just trying to gather my thoughts and upload some of my photos to photobucket.

It was quite hard to tell how large the crowd was - seeing it was raining, I was trying my hardest to keep as dry as I could. It was kind of hard to see. I'm so bad with estimates, but there would have been at least 100 people minimum.....?.....but don't quote me on that!!!!!

As you all know by now, we were LUCKY enough to hear Anthony sing TWO NEW SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They were both catchy, uptempo numbers - very radio friendly.
I loved them both even on the first listening. If one of them ends up being his first single, I'll be VERY happy!!!!!!

Other news is that Anthony had a new band line up. Mark Amato was on keyboard, a new guy named Ben on guitar, and there was a percussionist, whose name I can't remember, but he was playing bongos, shakers and djembe (African type drum) - it was not a traditional drum kit. They sounded fab.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#31 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

sarah-ann
Apr 30 2006, 07:22 PM

just came back from a very long and wet day at luna park, but i believe that everyone who stuck it out would agree that it was very, very worth it of course, the main reason being that we got to hear for the very first time, two new songs...

my positive bias for anthony aside, the new songs were really fantastic. it really sounded different from what we've been hearing on the last album... these new ones were more like a coming-of-age, more mature ... which i think is the feel that anthony is intending to go for... and i believe that he nailed it right on the dot. i think what struck a chord for me was that i noticed that the lyrics were really heart-rendering. i'm sure this time round with the second album, he was able to give much more input into the music he wrote and when he sang, you could really feel the meaning behind the song that he had a personal attachment with, and that's how you tell a truly awesome piece of music.

that being said, i believe that with the 'growing up' of his music, it is true that it would definitely be attract more airplay on the radios... which is of course, great news for anth and all of us

and yes candy, always loving that falsetto, and the manly growl that he likes to insert in the end... haha no one does it better than anthony

of course, what would be today out there in the pouring rain, without standing beside some very good friends... especially our special guests from sydney - vina, bev and audrey heehee. hope everyone had as awesome a time as i did...

and here's hoping that we get to hear the FULL works of that brilliant album coming up in the next few months

#32 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

canballball
Apr 30 2006, 07:58 PM

Huge nutella by Vina, Audery and Bev all the way from Sydney!!!!!

user posted image

I absolutley love when Anth singing very high key/falsetto!!
" I wanna you to seeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!"

the new songs style ar much mature! ( i meant compare with Rain and HSB),
to be honest, its very match with his new look too!! lol
I did very enjoy the performances. i asked myself dont take too many pics and i could just look at him and enjoy the songs

I saw the lyrics paper on the stage, the song "Runaway" is quite sad
He wanna escape the girl coz he is in love with another girl at the same time ....
he doesnt want to lie again... the lyrics ar so great! so touching me i can say..

The song "want you to see" , the beat ar much stronger! and the lyrics ar saying he is still him. like one line "Can�t you see, nothing is changing in me"

I love two new songs very much, but just compare, i love Runaway more
Thanks Anth for the great performances well, why u finish them so quick ?? lol
it was freezing ....btw during his performances, the girls behind me were screaming so loud... i was nearly deaf in one ear
but it was so happy that i gave the gift for Anth hope he like them~

I was so happy to meet Vina, Bev and Audery again !!!!!! *hugs*
we were all like crazy to dance and laugh~ and so great to see many familiar faces from forum~ and some new faces~! very nice to meet u all~
thanks!!!! love ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cant wait to see ya guys again!!!!

ps: Anth's new boots ar soooooooo cool

Candy
xo

user posted image

#33 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

gadgetgirl
Apr 30 2006, 08:04 PM

Those 2 new songs really kicked but !!!

Very strong & solid songs ... rocky, rather than poppy ....

I'm uploading some pics to photobucket ..... once theyre readsy, I'll post them in gallaries section

#34 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

secretsquirrel
Apr 30 2006, 09:05 PM

OK.....well I posted some info and pix on Anthony's band way back on page 12 of this thread.
Now let's talk about Anthony and the songs!!!

I have to say, I always love Anthony's entrances.
For this gig, the Docklands gig and the Foxtel gig, they've played that medley introduction that also opens Anthony's DVD. I love how it really sets the scene. The crowd get really excited and the sense of anticipation really builds!!
By the time Anth enters the stage there are just screams of delight.

Today Anthony opened with "Hurts So Bad". The percussionist gave it a really latin feel and I really enjoyed this new version. Anth was certainly in fine voice (as usual! ), and asked the audience to join in with singing.

Then it was on to the two new songs - "Runaway" and "Want You to See".
As I said before, they were catchy, uptempo numbers, and were quite different to anything we've heard on his first album. I think either of them would do really well on radio.
Anthony said he wrote the 2nd one about 5 or 6 weeks ago. When he was announcing it, someone called out "it's about me!". He laughed and said "no, it's about me!" And really, that's what I think sums up the difference between this album and his first one. These songs ARE about him.

Next he sang "Per Sempre." This was just as beautiful as it usually is, but possibly with not as many improvised notes in it that he often adds when he's singing it live.

Anthony finished his set with "Rain" which he said was very appropriate because of the weather! (It had been drizzling since the start of the concert, and while it stopped briefly shortly after Anthony sang, it poured again soon after. It really was a very miserable and dark day - such a shame for Whitelion.)

After Anthony had finished singing, the host joined him onstage for a chat.
They talked about the band members, and then about the upcoming album.
Anthony said it would be out in about 2 or 3 months, but then said something like "well the first single at least."
I tell you, after hearing the new songs today, I'm SO excited about his new album and SO looking forward to something being released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Anthony sang EVERYONE dispersed. It was kind of clear that pretty much everyone was there to see him.

#35 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

sarah-ann
May 1 2006, 12:03 PM

hey fleur, haha i'll take some of those questions, hahaha dont' know if you read my post earlier regarding the general feel and style of the new songs but here it is:

my positive bias for anthony aside, the new songs were really fantastic. it really sounded different from what we've been hearing on the last album... these new ones were more like a coming-of-age, more mature ... which i think is the feel that anthony is intending to go for... and i believe that he nailed it right on the dot. i think what struck a chord for me was that i noticed that the lyrics were really heart-rendering. i'm sure this time round with the second album, he was able to give much more input into the music he wrote and when he sang, you could really feel the meaning behind the song that he had a personal attachment with, and that's how you tell a truly awesome piece of music.

that being said, i believe that with the 'growing up' of his music, it is true that it would definitely be attract more airplay on the radios... which is of course, great news for anth and all of us

regarding the choruses, they were really catchy, with a very memorable tune to them... but i think more than the excellence of the music was more the emotion in the lyrics... that's really the clinching factor of the 2 new songs

as for instruments that were out of the blue, there wasn't the usual band drums but the introduction of percussion like the bongo drums i believe... definitely a new flavour to the music... a bit rock, up-beatish feel yet not pop if you know what i mean. haha hope that shed some light for you

and candy! i'll send you the pictures from lygon once i'm done with this blasted assignment >_>

This post has been edited by sarah-ann: May 1 2006, 12:05 PM

#36 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

lina
May 1 2006, 12:27 PM

(fleur @ May 1 2006, 10:49 AM)
Ok Ok  My dear dear Joy in the park attenders

I NEED some questions answered please..... pretty please 

Can you describe the style of the new songs...

1.Did they have a catchy chorus

2.Were they the sorts you reckon you'd end up singing along to in the car

3.What instruments were used

4.Did Anthony seem to get into them

5.Were they different than other songs he has sung

6.Are there any other artists you reckon who have similar songs

7.Were they both the same style or was there a marked difference

8.What was the crowd response to the new songs ie did you over hear anyone..non forumers saying stuff about them

Sorry to be so pedantic but ...ahhh...you all know my little foibles by now!!! 

Fleur in repsonse to your questions:

1. Catchy very much so. Both had catchy tunes and lyrics.
2. runaway def. singing in the car. Want to see, Yes but dont try and hit those notes. ouch..
3. Refer to Catherines post. (she is a music teacher perhaps she can share more with you?
4. I saw Anthony when he sang those songs. ie. I felt his emotion, he was telling us a story, his story. This album will be his story.
5. Very different. Nothing on his current album sounds the same as the two songs sung yesterday. Runaway think Kelly clarkson think rob thomas. Want to see think Anthony King of Vocals but telling you as it is. The lyrics makes you feel his emotion,give Anthony a hug and a shoulder. Laybak on a chersterfield lounge and ... Have a cup of Tea and share a scone with cream and jam.
6. answered. Different style.. rock runaway want to see. I can't compare it ,not a full on ballad like the prayer,etc More when I get there but upbeat, then slower bits. But radio friendly.. Catherine help me out here.
7. Different styles
8.everybody loved them. I don't usually like a song when i first hear it. But i did this time, on both occasions. Forumers and non forumers where cheering.
9. Overall i think if the two songs were an indication of his new music. It will be nothing like the first album. However I would expect ballads.

#37 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

the_voice
May 1 2006, 03:15 PM

Wow guys what can I say to describe how I was blown away and so happy that I decided to go yesterday and what a bonus hearing Anthonys new songs

They really fullfilled all my expectations of how great this next album will be.

I loved the sound of both songs the instant I heard them expecially in the way Anthony sang with such emotion that really showed how much the songs mean to him personally.

Cant wait even more for the release of this album.

#38 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

italian_princess11
May 1 2006, 05:09 PM

Hey everyone well yesterday was not a good day in melb, the weather was shocking, but the entertament made up for it.

Firts we had KIKI your might remember her form thef popstarts live she was really aswome

Then Radiodogs, they were so cool they were making fun of Anthony but they were rellay good, they has some great music.

Then Anthony sung awsome omg

He sung 2 new songs

Runaway
I wanna breath (i think that is the correct name tell me if i am wrong)
Per sempre
Hurts so Bad
Rain

Omg they were all amazing and i must say that if the 2 new songs are to go buy his new album is gunna be AMAZING.

All in all it was a geat day and i hope White Lion Charity rasied alot of money

#39 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:59 AM

lina
post Apr 30 2006, 08:55 PM

All in the shoes, these shoes are made for.....
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#40 Admin

Admin