#1 Philip

Philip

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Good Day from Colorado. 

It is Summer time where I am and I guess close to cooler weather of Winter time in your Land of Oz. This time of year for me means finding something for me to do for 4 months, not related to my usual employment.  This year I am choosing Art. That means charcoal, pens and pencils -both full sets of color as well as graphites, pastels and assorted papers to draw upon. Two year and three years ago it was cameras, lenses, color printer and other assorted items and books on the subject matter at hand.  Way back when it was music of assorted genres, which is how I came across Anthony's artistic abilities and this Forum. I think somewhere buried here is an Ode to Anthony I wrote, while drinking Barossa Wine.

Anyway, a few years ago I became a member of this group called, deviantart dot com. One should visit is for no other reason that it is filled with all sorts of ways of exploring Art and its various topics. So today I was learning about tutorials on using pencil and graphite for doing portraits. Lo and Behold I cam across an Artist who did a few portraits of Anthony, quite some time ago. Her name is Kansia A. or AKALilith. She has posted some amazing pictures of artwork that she has done with Anthony's likeness. Plus if one goes to the search engine at the top right and queries Anthony Callea one finds quite a few more pictures. Many of these I have seen here and many I don't think have been posted here. 

I really am not tech savvy when it comes to knowing how to post or transfer these kinds of pictures of Siggies. Perhaps some one here may venture forth and do just that. 

Mean while I am learning to draw: noses, ears, lips. eyes and such as well as textures for skin and cloth. 

#2 calleaminded

calleaminded

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Listening to Music - especially Anthony's
    Cooking
    Gardening
    Reading
    Going to Live Theatre
    Going to Movies

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

Lovely to hear from you again Philip: do hope your current hibernation project is fulfilling for you.

You may or may not know that Anthony performed the most spectacular concert at the Palms at Crown in Melbourne recently covering some of George Michaels 30 Years of work and his 10 year anniversary of Idol and is now releasing a CD/DVD package through Sanity with a tour of capital cities. 

Posted Image

#3 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thanks Phillip, she used to be a member here, Her forum name was Helliac (sp) and she is extremely talented.

Autism%20logo_full.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users