Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

and it's....

Posted Image
..... another ACOF milestone……

Today is ACOF’s Birthday – 2 years for Anthony’s new website and forum September 2010-September 2012 AND 7 years altogether for the ACOFIAN family March 2005-2012. Anthony's initial Official Website was launched in March 2005 with the Official Forum (ACOF) officially opened March 11th, 2005. The new Website and forum was officially launched on September 1st 2010.

ACOF- Anthony Callea Official Forum; it's a place for visitors and members to find information about Anthony's music releases, performances and concerts, it's a 'home' for many fans where they come together to .. help keep the forum up-to-date with news, articles and photographs, take part in discussions, share reviews, photos and youtube clips, keep track of important events with the 'count downs' and give support to each other when in need of extra comfort, care, understanding and advice.

It is all a part of what ACOF is and what it means for each and every one of us. The essence and the purpose of why we all log on, is to read, post, share & enjoy; to celebrate the MAN, Anthony Callea and his music. It's our Joint Journey on ACOF.

Can you believe it???
SO many memories – concerts, shows, performances, musicals, tv appearanaces…..

SO much MUSIC - OMG!! and goosebumps!!

From Pat
Anthony came out in the second half to a big applause & he looked absolutley stunning as he always does in a beautiful fitting black shiny suit with new shoes & a white shirt. He sang " When You Believe " which I absolutley love but he seemed to sing it even better than I have heard it before last night. Then Anthony sang " Horses " & he got the crowd singing along with him which was a lot of fun. Then he finished up with my all time favourite " The Prayer " I know we say it all the time but Anthony just keeps singing it better & better all the time. I had goosebumps on goosebumps listening to Anthony's beautiful songs & I'm sure the whole audience felt the same.

SO many friendships – geography knows no boundaries

From Jan
It was lovely to see everyone there, many long term friendships have been made through Anthony's performances.

SO much fun - all of the above and So much more, makes for an impressive dedication to Anthony and ACOF's history; a reason to celebrate.

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Thank you to all Acofians for the continued support shown for Anthony, his music and his career. Through ACOF, twitter, facebook, youtube, attendances at shows/concerts; for all that you do and share, a SINCERE, APPRECIATIVE thank you!!!!!!!

So here's to our HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS and here's to HAPPY MEMORIES, past, present and future!!!!

From this moment …….
not one of us will ever forget where it all really began …… 2004, tuning in each week as we watched Anthony's Idol journey reach the Grandfinal and we saw the release of his first single, 'The Prayer' make Australian music history as it became the fastest and highest selling single. From being glued to our tv screens during those months of Australian Idol, we then searched the internet for all mentions, articles, photos and footage of Anthony, then attended every live performance possible, some travelling from long distances, even from OS to see and support Anthony.

to this one……
Idol beginnings, they never were, as Anthony worked with dedicated commitment and passion throughout the tv series and has continued to do so with all appearances, concerts, musicals, shows and album releases. Anthony's latest appearances were as special guest performer with Tina Arena and just last weekend when he joined fellow Australian artists for the charity concert, Gotta Have Heart.

When You Believe

Horses

The Payer
http://youtu.be/Xob2MZMrvps

Thank you Christine and for the clips :)

We are celebrating!!!
8 years on, fans are still …………… yes you better believe it …… we are still glued to our tv screens with every mention of an appearance, still searching the internet for articles, photos and video footage, still travelling great distances to see Anthony perform and ......

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

We are continually, STILL BLOWN AWAY by Anthony’s incredible voice…

IT'S STILL & ALWAYS WILL BE THE VOICE!!!!!! – talented, powerful, passionate, ever strengthening, …… It's those deep, velvety masculine notes, OH THE GOOSEBUMPS, THE PALPITATIONS, it's the beautiful, haunting falsetto, it's the bluesy, jazzy sounds, it's the infamous 'callean growls', it's the power notes, it's the spine tingling moments that have you holding your breath and that reduce you to tears!.

From Vicki
OH MY GOD!!!! I had forgotton how BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING Anthony's voice sounds live and his presents on stage was just stunning and breath taking. Nothing compares to seeing Anthony perform live CDs and TV just don't do him justices.

FromPoppy
My husband and I also went along to last night's concert.I just loved Anthony's performance. It was also the first time that I have him sing When You Believe live. I was totally transfixed during this song. He drew me in with his outstanding vocal range and I was mesmerized. It was also one of the rare times that I have heard The Prayer live with an orchestra, not the usual backing track, and it just takes his performance to another level. This is his signature song and the audience just love it. He loves singing The Horses as he can get the audience to interact. He had my hubby singing along. Anthony's performance really did standout. His voice is just so powerful when he hits the high and low notes.

From Heather
The when Anth came on in the second half, he took the singing to another level. Such clear pure notes and the variations in tone. This is only my second or third time hearing him live and its such a wonderful experience.
It was fantastic to hear "when you believe" which is an all time favourite. And "the Prayer" - how many times have I played those clips on Youtube? But to hear it live when he goes from soft to full on volume is just amazing.

From Jo
he sang When You Believe 1st = nearly cried in that song
2nd was Horses and then The Prayer = it was just AMAIZNG Anth AMAZING = the VOICE WOW

From Christine
Anthony's performances were sublime, I wonder how he can continually blow me away with his performances, he just gets better and better.

From Laura
Another thing... The silence in the room when he sung was absolutely beautiful, everyone was just listening to his amazing voice.

From Di
He was introduced as one of the greatest talents discovered in the last decade and please welcome onstage the incredible talent of Anthony Callea.. ( I don't think anyone else got such an amazing intro as this one.)

~~~Please join us in thanking Anthony~~~
***for his music and amazing talent which brings so much joy and pleasure to SO many people, in all parts of the world.

***for his PRESENCE!!!!!!! and for his generous heart and kindness which is given unconditionally to fans.

From Anthony
Hey there spunks!!!!

SO SO SO happy so many of you were there yesterday and thanks for all your AMAZING comments! I know many of you travelled from afar, so thank you!

Also, your gifts and cards were VERY generous..... Thank you! xx

Check out my Facebook page to see what went on backstage last night.... yep, we (well I) got up to a bit of mischief last night.... Ah well, only live once! Ha!

Anth xx

*** for his cheeky teasing humour which makes us laugh and brings a smile to many faces.

From Di
Then Ian Stenlake performed next he talked about coming acts and asked is there anyone here to see 'Anthony Callea' and there was a big cheer, and then he said oh I'm sorry he had to go home and watch 'Howzat' and tweet about it. :lol:

He started with When You Believe, which was beautiful and then Horses, which eveyone joined in with and then he said are there any Led Zeplin fans..what about ACCaDaCCa fans? well this one is just for you ... and then proceeded to sing a beautiful version of The Prayer. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Anthony for being the wonderful person that you are!!

Happy Birthday ACOF

Cheers from us all.

PS. :3:
HAPPY 1st day of Spring!!
26 days until Tim’s birthday
103 days Days until Anthony’s birthday :thumbsup: SHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh
115 Days until Christmas

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday ACOFI!

Thank you Zia for another amazing thread.

ACOF The accronym has a double meaning for us. Yes it stands for Anthony Callea Official Forum

but it also means A Community Of Friends.

During our joint journey many members have entered this world. What a journey we have all shared , forums were one of the first social platforms to discuss our passions, they allowed us to share or views & respect others point of reflection. Eight years where did they go, we voted, reached epic milestones, cheered, drummed up frequent flyer points, appreciated the different hair styles, engaged & cheered new music & performances... , climbed mountains, rode roller coaster & walked the yellow brick road.....

So here we stand Side By Side a place where geography, race, spirituality isn't a barrier here we have come together to respect, reflect, rejoice & appreciate talent.

Thank you to Anthony who brings it all together, to the members Happy Birthday this is for you & you.... Yes you,,

Happy Birthday ACOF

#4 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

This song is still represents what it's all about!!!!

[centre]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOaULR49gw[/centre]

I wish that i could breathe,
A moment just to be here,
A chance to take it in,
Before i have to leave

So this is how it feels,
To walk into a daydream,
Can't tell you how my heart sings,
To see it all for real

When you do, what you love, it feels amazing,
If you do, what you love, you can do anything at all

I always said when i get there,
I'll change the world, I'll take more care,
I'll touch the sky, be more prepared,
When i get there

The road rolls on and on,
It twists a while and then it turns,
Where here turns onto there's long gone,
When you do, what you love, it feels amazing,
If you do, what you love, you can do anything at all

I'll touch the sky, be more prepared

I packed my bags,
I left my room,
There's nothing more that i can think to do,
Now i need to breathe,
I just need to breathe

I'll touch the sky, be more prepared,
When i get there

#5 jojop72

jojop72

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 5,353 posts
  • Interests:Anthony Callea
    l love everything about him
    His got great music
    a great voice
    Great laugh lol
    and is AMAZING on stage
    also like Ryan Sheppard from WICKED
    and Tim Campbell

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Happy 2nd Birthday ACOFI!

WOW time has gone so fast and l stil love coming here

and l've meet so many wonderful people from here
who l can talk to about Anth

here to many more to come

Happy Birthday ACOF

:0314885001316223184:
      d86a9341-25c1-441a-8e7b-8214db892477_zps  <p> 

#6 Christine

Christine

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Happy Birthday to us.🎉

It's sometimes hard to believe that so much time has passed since Anthony captured our hearts the moment he stepped on stage on Idol though when I look in the mirror I definitely notice a few changes. 😄 Joining a forum was a bit daunting for me as I didn't know how it all worked but soon realized it was a fun place to be with all of us linked with our common interest, promoting and sharing our love and admiration for Anthony's amazing talent. Thank you to Nonna and Zia for doing all you do for ACOF. A special mention to Lea and Di for finding every snippet and photo that is floating around cyberspace and in magazines and to everyone who kindly shares their memories, photos and videos.

The Frequent Flyer miles have definitely clocked up and more importantly I have made some wonderful dear friendships. Travelling around Australia to Anthony events has been such fun and I am now planning my next, I have told hubby that the next can be my birthday present.😉

I will always support Anthony in any way I can. ACOF has been and I hope will continue to be a great place to be.😊

#7 Lea

Lea

Callealy Addicted

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

Being the sole carer of a disabled child I've never had the opportunity to travel, so I've only ever had the chance to hear/see Anthony live once. That was so memorable I'm still here - live is definitely his forte. :yes-2:

Happy birthday ACOF...may there be many more releases, appreances and friendships to celebrate.

Autism%20logo_full.gif

#8 AnthonyFan

AnthonyFan

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday ACOF

Zia Thanx for the thread ,Its 2 years already that time went fast and I didnt even realize it . If I want news of Anthony there's 1 place I go and thats here,if anthony had'nt gone on idol all those years go we might never have known who he was which Im sure were all glad he did.

2na1weg.png

#9 vickisharon

vickisharon

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

Happy 2nd Birthday ACOF!!! :cheers: And heres to many more to come.:birthday-balloon:

Thank you to all the wonderful peolpe that help run the forum we would be lost without you guys. So thank you to Nonna and Zia.

Also thanks goes out to Lea and Di for all your great posts through out the year of photos and articles ect.

Also thanks Jo for posting Anth's and Tim's tweets for all of us to read because I don't really go on twitter so its great that you post them all and with the links for the photos too.

Another thank you goes out to all the other friendly forumers that also post reviews, photos and videos for people that havent been to see Anthony in concert.

One last one thanks to everyone for your help when I sometimes need help with picture and other things on the forum.

Last but not least Thank You Anthony for being you! If it wasn't for you there would be no forum. Also thanks Anthony for dropping into the forum when you get a chance.

I love the forum and I have meet some really lovely people on here its like a second family.xxxxx

Love to you all Vicki xxxxx
86ca4605-0412-4edf-a30d-5fa4d25fea6e.jpg

#10 Anthlaura

Anthlaura

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Nursing :)

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday ACOF
Can't believe its been 2 years already. I was about 12 when I first joined the old ACOF and i'm now 19. I guess I can say I have grown up with ACOF.. I remember meeting Pat and Bev when I was about 12 up in Sydney for an Anthony concert. Its so great to be apart of such a wonderful community of people who all support Anthony. He has captured our hearts and our lives with his beautiful voice.

Thank you to Anthony for being my inspiration over these years.. (that was cheesy but who cares.. its true HA) :lol:

xxx

Anthony Calleas New Album 'Thirty' OUT NOW!!!!!

#11 the_voice

the_voice

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Happy birthday Acof wonderful to be part of a great forum supporting such a talented singer

#12 Steph

Steph

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Happy birthday ACOF

I have been an Anthony fan since I was 14 and have been part of the forum since I was 16. Its great to see that people are still around.

Thank you Anth for your beautiful music <3

xx
Posted Image

#13 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

A Very Very Happy 2nd Birthday ACOF :birthday-candles: :birthday-balloon: :blow-kiss:

I have like most of you been a fan of OUR beautiful ANTHONY ever since I first saw him on Idol eight years ago. Trent & I were lucky enough to meet Lina Laura & Stacey at Anthony's concert. We enjoyed & loved the concert so much and they encouraged us to go to his concert at Doyalson ( not that it took much encouragement :lol: ) and then also encouraged us to join ACOF so we could keep up with everything happening in Anthony world. It took 2 years to pluck up the courage to join & also learn a little bit about a computer so I could post on ACOF ( I used it from the library for a long time before I got a computer )

I have made some beautiful lifelong special friendships through ACOF & Anthony that I will always treasure. I have made many trips to see Anthony perform (because there is nothing more wonderful or fullfilling as seeing Anthony perform live.) :wub: Anthony & his amazing beautiful music has bought me more musical joy & pleasure than any other artist ever has.

Thank You so much OUR beautiful ANTHONY for just being you & sharing your phenomenal talent with us all. Thank You so much to our wonderful ACOF family for your acceptance & friendship.

Love Pat & Trent xoxoxox :blow-kiss:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#14 Heather

Heather

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Oh wow! I just tuned in to find its our second birthday.

Fantastic to be here and chat with you all.

Many thanks to all our 'Nonnas' who work so hard moderating the site. It's a real credit to you -- no spams or unpleasantness - just a forum for people who love our boys and believe in them

Cheers all! And happy birthday!

Heather

#15 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY ACOF ! :3:

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !