#21 calleasperfectfan

calleasperfectfan

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:When I Get There

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Awww Cherie, couldn't stop smiling reading your review! So happy that you got to see Anthony and for him to dedicate a song to little Benni, that's really something special.

Can't wait till the day you finally get to meet him :)

Again, I'm so happy you had such a great time. You deserve to smile.

x

When I get there... I'll change the world, I'll touch the sky..

@luana_bananaa

#22 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thank You so much Tammy :) I'm certainly hoping to keep well especially for Anthony's concerts. I'm really so sorry you & Luke missed the Ipswich concert. I can't believe that Luke is 2 1/2 already my how time flies. I'm sure he's a gorgeous little boy they do so many different things every day at that they're so cute. :wub: Hopefully Anthony will have another concert that you are able to go to soon. I would have loved to go to Ipswich again this year as well, it was a fabulous concert last year & there is nothing more sensational than OUR beautiful ANTHONY singing Christmas Carols. I can't wait for Carol's by Candlelight watching it on TV with my younger grandchildren & Trent ( its been a beautiful family tradition every year ) the older grandchildren go out Christmas Eve now with their friends but I still have Trent Matt Abbey Lydia & Abbey who love to watch it Chistmas Eve. I tape it for the older ones :D & we all watch it again on Christmas Day with the whole family together. I'm so excited that Anthony & Tim are both performing at it again this year.

Thank You so very very much Jo :) for posting the gorgeous picture of Anthony & Rachel. They both look gorgeous. :wub: You know just how much I appreciate you going to the effort to post the pictures that I just can't see on my computer so THANK YOU so much again. . :hugs:

:merry-christmas-santa:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#23 Nonna

Nonna

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Cherie & Tammy....

All Night Long!!!>..

#24 ~somewhere in time~

~somewhere in time~

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

thanks Nonna :D

Thanks Pat you are so lovely. Time does fly, it's kind of sad really, it all happens so quickly before you know it!
Am glad you will be surrounded by those you love Christmas Eve watching someone you love!! lol

I might put a thread up for all the acof babies and children, would be cute to watch them as they grow!

take care

#25 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

thanks Nonna :D

Thanks Pat you are so lovely. Time does fly, it's kind of sad really, it all happens so quickly before you know it!
Am glad you will be surrounded by those you love Christmas Eve watching someone you love!! lol

I might put a thread up for all the acof babies and children, would be cute to watch them as they grow!

take care

Thats such a fantastic idea Tammy. :thumbsup: Thank You so much for thinking of it. :yes-2: I'm sure there is nothing we would love more than to see all these gorgeous little ACOF babies & little children growing up as more little fans of OUR beautiful ANTHONY. :thud: I LOVE to watch Anthony with children he really draws them like a magnet with his gorgeous smile & personality. :thud: Its such a beautiful thing to watch. :wub: Tammy at 2 1/2 Luke will be such a joy this Christmas they are just so precious at that age. I'm sure you're both really looking forward to Santa Claus & Luke being a bit older to really enjoy it. :wub: Children really make Christmas. :hugs:

:3d-santa:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#26 mycavpups

mycavpups

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:My true loves: my little boy Benjamin and Anthony Callea. I am also quite fond of Chanel, Review, Movenpick and the Brisbane Lions :)

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

:thankyou:

I just wanted to thank everyone for your well wishes re: Benjamin.

I must admit, as a single parent, there have been amazing days, good days, bad days and days when I wish I wasn't here doing all this by myself - but then I realise I'm being selfish and suck it up because I have this loving, caring little boy who depends on me to keep it together.

My family all live up north out in the Gemfields (Central Qld), so in terms of support for Benjamin and I - well, that's it, it's just me and him!!

Benjamin's school has been amazing. He goes to one of the better state schools, so in terms of resources, it's amazing. Plus his teacher has been willing to work very close with me to ensure that we are consistent with our rewards/focus charts as well as coming up with strategies to help Benjamin get the most out of his day at school. Believe me, some days have been very trying for his teacher. But others have been rewarding as Benjamin has received numerous "Worker of the Day" awards as well as "Student of the Week" - where he was presented with a certificate at school assembly - so it was a proud moment for us both (many tears were shed that day).

I think it's just the constant tooing and froing from psychologist to paediatrician appointments that is taking a toll on both of us emotionally and financially (his Dad refuses to help out with any costs for Benjamin whatsoever, so it's solely my wage only, hence why I can't be at Anth's birthday event on 13 Dec, we just can't afford to fly down :'( But I do know that once we get through the next few months, possibly a year, the sacrifices we have had to make will all be worth it.

When Benjamin was originally diagnosed, I think I went into shock, denial and even had moments of anger and frustration at myself. I kind of expected the ADHD diagnosis, but it wasn't until I actually heard it confirmed, that it all became just too real. The other diagnosis, I did not expect at all and will be totally honest, I am still struggling to coming to terms with. I'm sure in time, this will all be second nature to us, but right now, especially since it's end of year, we are both exhausted and overwhelmed by the information being thrown at us from every direction. One day at a time is all we can do, and if we get through that relatively unscathed - then it's a good day :)

I know I haven't been on ACOF in like forever, with having to work full-time and look after Benjamin, but will try and make more of an effort next year when things are so crazily busy for me :'( I do think of my ACOFian family often, please know that Benni and I are grateful for each and everyone of you. Our lives are better for knowing you all and for the friendships we have made. I just wanted to say thank you and to let you know that I appreciate your well wishes and support. :hugs:

Much love to you all.

Cherie and Benjamin xx

:blow-kiss:

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

To our dearest Anth - you are our heartbeat. We love you to the moon and back xx

20130809_2310460-1_zps36ce0faa.jpg

blow-kiss.gifi-adore-you.gifblow-kiss.gif

0196041001299295582.gif

0257112001299313398.gif

#27 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

You're more than welcome Cherie. :hugs: You & Benni are an important part of our beautiful ACOF family & we love you both dearly. :hugs: I know its really hard dealing with the many pressures dealt to us when we have a child with special needs having two grandchildren with the special needs & especially when you're a single Mum. :hugs: Special needs children also bring their own LOVE & their achievements mean even more because they are so special. They also bring a special brand of closeness that is so precious :hugs: You're doing a wonderful job Cherie & Benni is a very happy little boy thanks to you. :hugs: I'm so glad that you have a wonderful school & a caring teacher it does make things a bit easier. :hugs: Keep up the great work Cherie Benni is well worth it as I know you know & know your ACOF family are right behind you both & I send you both lots of LOVE & BIG HUGS. :Heart: :hugs:

:blow-kiss: To Cherie & Benjamin.

:0026:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#28 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Sorry to be so late with my review - my social networking skills of late leave much to be desired!. Cherie had it covered though.

It was quite an interesting day for us as everything seemed to fall into place.

Left home at 4pm and arrived around 4:30. I was a bit worried about parking as I could see from the website it was street parking only, but it was easy and a 100m walk to the venue.

When we got to the park there was a huge queue to the gate, probably 300m or more, so we tagged on the end. My 7 year old grandson was none too pleased with this turn of events, but a few quiet words from Nanny and he settled down for the wait.

Just as we found our place on the end of the queue, I heard those wonderful Anthony vocals booming out from the ground. :3: He was running through his warm up. There was a large double gate right next to us which was being used for staff and security to enter and exit so I wandered over where I managed to watch and listen to his whole set. He sang probably half of each of the songs, except The Prayer which he cut short.

It was funny actually because when Anthony is in performance mode he is actually quite still except when he deliberately walks to one side or the other to interact with the audience. In rehearsal though, he was either pacing up and down or swinging on the microphone stand. Random, but I thought that was quite interesting. He also thanked everyone that was involved with running through the set as he went. Very polite as always.

Anyway, back to the story... Another lady stood behind me with her family and assured them that these gates would be open too. I asked her if that was true, and she and the security guy just inside both confirmed. Score! From being about 2000 people back, we were now in the front.

At about 1 minute to 5, security opened the gates and I managed to get my spot right down the front before the other gate was even open.

I was tempted to sit front and centre on the fence, but they have this tiny little white picket fence area across part of the front which is designed for the little kids to stand at so they can see Santa etc, so I forced myself to be the grown up and sit off to the side. Mind you, I was right up against the white fence to the right so still ridiculously close. I can't believe I missed Cherie and Ben as they must have been pretty close to us.

Even better was that Anthony being Anthony got as close to the people as he could. The stage was set like a T shape with the bottom of the T about 2m from the fence line. Anthony chose to sing right at that spot which was fantastic. I would have been 3m from him for pretty much all of his performance. He did step down and walk along the rail slapping hands, as he does. Jack managed to get one on one run through (I missed out though :lol: ). Later in the show he went down to his right and interacted a bit more, and then jumped back up on stage. Jack was waving at him, so him came down and gave him a high five and 'how ya goin' buddy?' which he was rapt about.

Vocally awesome, and looked very handsome. I won't go into the song details as Cherie has covered them beautifully. Anthony really does shine at these events as he comes across as so approachable for an audience that may not necessarily be there to see him. People always talk about him afterwards.

One funny thing I remember was a guy behind me was standing and dancing around holding his baby in the air. When Anthony came towards us, the guy leaned over as if to hand the baby to Anthony. Anth ran backwards waving his hands saying 'I don't do babies' in the middle of a song. It was pretty funny.

For those that asked, Racheal Leahcar was really good. She is such a pretty girl and wore a beautiful shimmery purple dress. She sang 5 songs I think, and gave a little story intro to each one. There were quite a few people that were obviously only there to see her, and 2 old guys sitting next to me actually left when she finished - meant I could shuffle over even more in the front :yes-2:

No photos or video. Oddly, they kept announcing that no audio or video footage was permitted. It didn't stop Les having a go but the damned camera decided it didn't want to participate. Anthony did say how funny it was that once upon a time when he sang The Prayer he could look around at a sea of faces just watching and now all he sees is iphones, etc, being held up. :lol:

#29 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks very very much Debbie :) for your awesome review. :) We really appreciate it. I'm so glad you & Jack had a great time & you were able to get so close to Anthony & that Jack got to high five him & had a few words with him. :wub: . That would have been such a thrill for Jack.

That was really lucky that you realised about the gate. The gods were looking down on you.

I would have loved to be there as well it was so great last year. But can't do everything. I really like Racheal's voice as well. I'm glad Anthony was well received as always. You can't help but fall in love with that voice that smile that personality & just how gorgeous he is especially up close. :thud: :wub:

Thats so fabulous to hear Debbie that OUR beautiful ANTHONY was so well received how could he not be. :wub: Thank You so much for letting us know that. :thud: It really warms my heart to hear that. . After all WE all know nobody sings Carols like OUR beautiful ANTHONY & he's always so lovely with the crowd. He'd win over anyone. :thud:

I hadn't realised it was a different venue Debbie.

I also remember last year Anthony having to race off to another venue last year I think he even had to cut his set a bit short to do that because it started a bit late & I think we all remember the roof on fire & everyone scattering. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

What did he wear Debbie? Not that it matters with Anthony he always looks so gorgeous.I did see the picture of Anthony with Rachael & he did look stunning as always. :wub:

:3d-santa:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#30 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm hopeless when it comes to describing clothes Pat. My best effort is sort of faded black jeans (you know the type, look old but probably cost a fortune (gosh, I'm sounding like my mum) :lol: ) and a really stunning black jacket with sparkly lapels, and a black t-shirt underneath at a guess. No idea about shoes - didn't even look. :lol:

#31 Anthlaura

Anthlaura

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Nursing :)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

:thankyou:

I just wanted to thank everyone for your well wishes re: Benjamin.

I must admit, as a single parent, there have been amazing days, good days, bad days and days when I wish I wasn't here doing all this by myself - but then I realise I'm being selfish and suck it up because I have this loving, caring little boy who depends on me to keep it together.

My family all live up north out in the Gemfields (Central Qld), so in terms of support for Benjamin and I - well, that's it, it's just me and him!!

Benjamin's school has been amazing. He goes to one of the better state schools, so in terms of resources, it's amazing. Plus his teacher has been willing to work very close with me to ensure that we are consistent with our rewards/focus charts as well as coming up with strategies to help Benjamin get the most out of his day at school. Believe me, some days have been very trying for his teacher. But others have been rewarding as Benjamin has received numerous "Worker of the Day" awards as well as "Student of the Week" - where he was presented with a certificate at school assembly - so it was a proud moment for us both (many tears were shed that day).

I think it's just the constant tooing and froing from psychologist to paediatrician appointments that is taking a toll on both of us emotionally and financially (his Dad refuses to help out with any costs for Benjamin whatsoever, so it's solely my wage only, hence why I can't be at Anth's birthday event on 13 Dec, we just can't afford to fly down :'( But I do know that once we get through the next few months, possibly a year, the sacrifices we have had to make will all be worth it.

When Benjamin was originally diagnosed, I think I went into shock, denial and even had moments of anger and frustration at myself. I kind of expected the ADHD diagnosis, but it wasn't until I actually heard it confirmed, that it all became just too real. The other diagnosis, I did not expect at all and will be totally honest, I am still struggling to coming to terms with. I'm sure in time, this will all be second nature to us, but right now, especially since it's end of year, we are both exhausted and overwhelmed by the information being thrown at us from every direction. One day at a time is all we can do, and if we get through that relatively unscathed - then it's a good day :)

I know I haven't been on ACOF in like forever, with having to work full-time and look after Benjamin, but will try and make more of an effort next year when things are so crazily busy for me :'( I do think of my ACOFian family often, please know that Benni and I are grateful for each and everyone of you. Our lives are better for knowing you all and for the friendships we have made. I just wanted to say thank you and to let you know that I appreciate your well wishes and support. :hugs:

Much love to you all.

Cherie and Benjamin xx

:blow-kiss:

Aww Cherie, i'm so sorry to hear. I hear so many touching stories like benni's everyday. I'm currently half way through my course to become a nurse so hearing stories like this makes my passion for nursing so worthwhile. I'm so happy that Anth dedicated a song for Benni, both of you would have been over the moon. Hopefully one day you and benni can come down to a melbourne gig :)

Take care love :)

Anthony Calleas New Album 'Thirty' OUT NOW!!!!!

#32 mycavpups

mycavpups

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:My true loves: my little boy Benjamin and Anthony Callea. I am also quite fond of Chanel, Review, Movenpick and the Brisbane Lions :)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Aww Cherie, i'm so sorry to hear. I hear so many touching stories like benni's everyday. I'm currently half way through my course to become a nurse so hearing stories like this makes my passion for nursing so worthwhile. I'm so happy that Anth dedicated a song for Benni, both of you would have been over the moon. Hopefully one day you and benni can come down to a melbourne gig :)

Take care love :)

Thanks so much hon - I posted this as an update on Benni(because of all the well wishes), so I'm glad it's inspired your nurse training. You will be amazing in that role :) I know there are tough times ahead, but it will all be worth it in the end. Benni and I have such a strong bond and I'm pretty sure we will come out even stronger once we settle in routines, schedules, visual charts and medication. I'm sure we will get to Melbourne in the next few yrs to see Anth and when we do, it will be amazing!!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Much love,
Cherie and Benjamin
xx

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

To our dearest Anth - you are our heartbeat. We love you to the moon and back xx

20130809_2310460-1_zps36ce0faa.jpg

blow-kiss.gifi-adore-you.gifblow-kiss.gif

0196041001299295582.gif

0257112001299313398.gif

#33 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Great review guys and great photo too. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#34 ~somewhere in time~

~somewhere in time~

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thanks so much for the wonderful review Debbie :-) That was great you managed to get a spot so close at that stage. Last time I went I could only see anthony on a screen way back. Maybe I wasn't pushy enough to get myself to the front!! Lol ( not saying you were lol)
That was great that your grandson got to interact with Anthony also. It makes it so exciting!

How early to you have to get there to be able to get a good spot?? Just so I know for next year lol I will make sure I get there next year for sure!!

Pat, yes children do make christmas much better , they make life so much better! Through good times and hard times, Luke has been the best thing that has happened to me and even changed my health for the better although I don't appreciate the excess weight I gained after he was born. But I much rather have the weight and Luke then not have him!!
I am looking forward to this christmas with him.
You have a lovely christmas with your family Pat and take care and stay healthy, you deserve it you are a lovely lady:-)

#35 The Debster

The Debster

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Thanks so much for the wonderful review Debbie :-) That was great you managed to get a spot so close at that stage. Last time I went I could only see anthony on a screen way back. Maybe I wasn't pushy enough to get myself to the front!! Lol ( not saying you were lol)
That was great that your grandson got to interact with Anthony also. It makes it so exciting!

How early to you have to get there to be able to get a good spot?? Just so I know for next year lol I will make sure I get there next year for sure!!

Pat, yes children do make christmas much better , they make life so much better! Through good times and hard times, Luke has been the best thing that has happened to me and even changed my health for the better although I don't appreciate the excess weight I gained after he was born. But I much rather have the weight and Luke then not have him!!
I am looking forward to this christmas with him.
You have a lovely christmas with your family Pat and take care and stay healthy, you deserve it you are a lovely lady:-)

The park opened at 5. We arrived at about 4.35 and the queue was huge. Somehow, I can't see it being like that for long. Most people don't have the need to sit right up front and use it as family time. I wanted to get there for 3.30 but I think it would have been overkill, and I don't think I could have persuaded hubby to sit wait outside for 1.5 hrs even if we did have chairs. :lol: I'd settle for an hour before the gates open.

#36 ~somewhere in time~

~somewhere in time~

Almost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

The park opened at 5. We arrived at about 4.35 and the queue was huge. Somehow, I can't see it being like that for long. Most people don't have the need to sit right up front and use it as family time. I wanted to get there for 3.30 but I think it would have been overkill, and I don't think I could have persuaded hubby to sit wait outside for 1.5 hrs even if we did have chairs. :lol: I'd settle for an hour before the gates open.

Thanks Deb, That's about the time I got there last time or earlier and was still way back, but I did hear it was at a different venue this time and I don't really know my way around Ipswich.
anyhow try again next year see how i go lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users