26 replies to this topic

#1 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

AUSTRALIAN PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA NOT NEW YEAR'S EVE 2012 CONCERT "TIMELESS CLASSICS"

Featuring the renowned 65 piece Australian Philharmonic Orchestra (APO), the concert will be headlined by some of Australia’s most talented popular and classical singers including Young Talent Time legend Denis Walter (MC), multi-talented stage performer Silvie Paladino, award-winning soprano Greta Bradman, ARIA award winner Anthony Callea, opera sensation Roy Best, and will be led by celebrated musical director and conductor John Foreman.

A hallmark of the annual New Year’s Eve concerts, this year’s event will deliver an auditory feast for popular and classical music lovers. Audiences can expect to be entertained by music from their favourite artists, including scores from popular films, award-winning stage shows, and well-loved musicals and operas. From The Beatles and Elton John to Les Miserables and music from the film Dances with Wolves, the ‘Timeless Classics’ concert will delight and captivate audiences of all ages and musical tastes.

Posted Image

"Timelss Classics" sound divine!!

:3: and our "congratulations", Anthony!!

To all acofians who are going to the first of these shows at the Opera House, have a fantastic evening/s and to all who will be going along the the Melbourne shows, ENJOY :)

We look forward to hearing about the performances and the evenings :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Thank You very much Zia :) Its very very exciting & I can't wait to see & hear Anthony again tomorrow night. I'm privledged to be going with some beautiful friends & I'm sure we will all really really LOVE it. How could we not with OUR beautiful ANTHONY performing. :thud: :wub:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#3 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Zia, woo hoo, can't wait for tomorrow night. :3:

Do you think we sould add **Spoilers** to the title for those who want to be surprised, or does everyone want to know straight away what he sings, like I do. :lol: :lol: I'm always impatient with anticipation. :yes-2:

c6f6be83-9dc3-4842-942a-949dd427c696.jpg

#4 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Well we have one person there who went has sent a tweet after the show. :wub:

Michael Silva ‏@Mikeitaly69
@AnthonyCallea you were amazing tonight mate. What a show !!!

#5 calleaminded

calleaminded

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Listening to Music - especially Anthony's
    Cooking
    Gardening
    Reading
    Going to Live Theatre
    Going to Movies

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

There has been a lot of advertising on radio for Timeless Classics and also Tina Arena and it is so great to hear Anthony's name mentioned each time, giving him the recognition he deserves. Anyone who saw the Carols by Candlelight must have been impressed by Anthony's magnificent performances and I hope they go along to these Concerts.
Posted Image

#6 jojop72

jojop72

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 5,355 posts
  • Interests:Anthony Callea
    l love everything about him
    His got great music
    a great voice
    Great laugh lol
    and is AMAZING on stage
    also like Ryan Sheppard from WICKED
    and Tim Campbell

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thanks Zia, woo hoo, can't wait for tomorrow night. :3:

Do you think we sould add **Spoilers** to the title for those who want to be surprised, or does everyone want to know straight away what he sings, like I do. :lol: :lol: I'm always impatient with anticipation. :yes-2:

YES please put Spoilers on the top

as l want to be surprised whe n l go
      d86a9341-25c1-441a-8e7b-8214db892477_zps  <p> 

#7 essjay

essjay

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Di I guess put spoilers on top for those that want to be surprised, but I for one want to read all about it. Could you please let us know how many songs he sings, what they are and how long the concert goes for please. I am sure others that can't go will want to hear all about it as well. :thankyou: Hope you have a fantastic night.

Sorry just a couple of other questions. Is there an interval? Can you take pictures?
Posted Image

#8 pearl

pearl

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Patchwork Quilting, Movies, Books.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

The show is 2 hours in total including a 20 minute interval...so 50 minutes per half.

#9 sambatropical83

sambatropical83

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Music blogger, music, musicals, drawing, traveling.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

To all that are going to this amazing event!!!
Have a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing your reviews :)

Hanan xo

#10 caroline88

caroline88

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 80,444 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

To all you guys that are going to this fantastic show! Have an awesome time guys and looking forward to hearing your reviews and photos or perphap even video footage of the show too. :)

2v2jsr6.jpg

Anthony Callea Is Totally Awesome !

Anthony Callea Is Totally Rock !

#11 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Di I guess put spoilers on top for those that want to be surprised, but I for one want to read all about it. Could you please let us know how many songs he sings, what they are and how long the concert goes for please. I am sure others that can't go will want to hear all about it as well. :thankyou: Hope you have a fantastic night.

Sorry just a couple of other questions. Is there an interval? Can you take pictures?

Sue there is an interval and because the Opera House is very strict with photo's and recordings etc. so unfortunately no to that. It started at 8.00pm and we left the theatre I think about 10.45pm, which included about a twenty minute interval.

Sorry I didnít post last night I was so tired when I got home, it's been a massive week.

We met at the Opera House and had a bite to eat. It was good to see everyone Eryl who flew over from Perth, Margaret, and down from Newcastle was Pat, Jan and Paddy. Barbara also joined us and had gone to the afternoon show so met us for dinner as well.

He sang so well, so whatever the medicine is that Tim got him its' definitely worked, because his voice was wonderful. He confirmed again he will be releasing an album in 2013. :3: :3: :3:

He sung his three solo songs beautifully always love listening to that voice, I wonít post the songs he sung for those who are going to the shows in Melbourne, all I'll say is you have heard them before and they are all vocally challenging and powerful ballads, you can already guess one of them is.

The APO and John Foreman were excellent and so was Silvie. It was a very cross mixture of music and very entertaining all round.

We had really good seats, only 5 rows from the front, so a birdís eye view of the stage.

The first song Denis Walter opened with and then everyone came out one by one and joined him. So Anthony only sang a part in that. He next came on towards the end of the first half for his first song;

In the second half he sung his other two solo songs. Denis, Silvie and John Foreman all said really lovely things about him when introducing him and he seemed to really enjoy being up there on stage at the Opera House with all of them.

When he sang his second solo he talked about Whitney and Mariah and how he toured with Whitney and will open for Mariah next week and that he will be recording a new album in 2013. He got a really great reception from the audience.

Sylvie sang a beautiful Whitney song which was spine-tingling.It was a great night of music, such variety, a bit of Opera, Orchestral, Choir and a bit of classic Pop and they were Timeless Classicís, a couple of songs I hadnít heard before.

I will post a bit more tonight, I'm going to the matinee show today.

#12 the_voice

the_voice

Runaway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the review di sounds like it was great what a delight it must be to hear him sing with such an orchestra :yes-2:

#13 Diissee

Diissee

Per Sempre

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Anna, are you going to the Melbourne show? there really is nothing more enjoyable than Anthony with an Orchestra behind him.

Today I went with Christine, Pat, Margaret and Eryl, and we met Barbara after the show and went for a lovely dinner on the beautiful Sydney Harbour.

There's not a lot more to add to my review of yesterdays show,except that they all seemed a bit more cheeky and playful, maybe because it was their last show in Sydney. There is also a small programme which is a nice keepsake.

Anthony sounded brilliant, even more so than yesterday and looked great in his black suit and black shirt,he talked a bit more about the album he will be releasing in 2013. Can't wait for that.

There's something for everyone in the show, and John Foreman and the Orchestra are fantastic. It's a fun show with a bit of audience participation too. All the singers are amazingly talented with my second favourite being Silvie. Denis was a great MC, and John as well as being so talented as a musician was a lot of fun.

Whoever is going on Monday enjoy the show. There's lots of goosebumps moments througout.

#14 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts
  • Interests:I have four wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I love Anthony's beautiful amazing heavenly music and couldn't go a day without listening to it. Anthony & his phenomenal talent have bought so much joy to my life. I love Anthony's live concerts & performances.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Thank You very much Di for your awesome review. Even though I was lucky enough to be there its so great to relive it by reading your review.

I've just walked in the door from the train station. When I got to my car at the station it was only to find someone had broken my back wiper while my car was parked at the station.

Finally got to send a tweet to Anthony about his sensational performance after I got home. I can't do that from my mobile.

All those yet to go to Melbourne for the APO are in for a fantastic treat. :wub:

Firstly it was so lovely to see Mairanya Di Margaret Jan Paddy & Barbara on Friday & Christine on Saturday.We had a lovely dinner & beautiful company both days. Thank You so much Mairanya for letting me stay with you so I got to see two concerts. Thank You so much Di for getting the tickets for us we had great seats. Great seats Friday night & even better ones today. Thanks also Di for driving us back from Darling Harbour. Barbara loved the concert so much on Friday afternoon she bought a ticket for today as well.

There is nothing more beautiful or heavenly than OUR beautiful ANTHONY singing with an Orchestra. :wub: :thud: His phenomenal voice is meant to be heard with an orchestra. :wub: He really was just magnificent.

I think Di has filled you in on how fantastic the two concerts were. Anthony was just stunning exquisite. As Di said he was so amazing & on Friday night & I just loved every song he sang his voice was even better & fuller today so powerful & so so beautiful. That always happens with Anthony just when you think he can't possibly get any better he always does.

I thought his suit was a dark charcoal colour ( but it was probably black its hard to tell sometimes with the lights) with shiny thin stripes down the sides of his pants legs & on his pockets. He wore both a sparkly silver tie & a shiny black one both just gorgeous. :wub: He had on a blue shirt on Friday night & also a black one & I think he wore a black shirt & black shiny tie today. Anyway he looked outstandingly handsome as he always does. :wub: In fact gorgeous.

The lovely realationship & friendship between the singers was just so beautiful to see it bought a lump to my throat. There were mentions between Dennis & John about " Carols mates " its very obvious they have all formed a very special bond with their years on Carols by Candlight together. Sylvie mentioned about Anthony being her Carols buddy & they needed to stick together because they were both wogs. Anthony spoke of Sylvie as being one of the best vocalists in the country which was lovely. I loved the looks exchanged between Anthony & Sylvie particually in the last group song you could see they have great fun together & respect for each other & their incredable talents. . Dennis Walter was lovely & spoke so beautifully about Anthony & Sylvie when he asked John Forman before he sang his last song " How Do I Top Anthony Callea & Sylvie." (who had both just sung. I won't mention what they had had just sung ( when you know you will understand why he said that ) It really was lovely to hear the beautiful comments made abouit Anthony when he was introduced each time. . It made me feel really warm inside to know that Anthony is loved & respected so much in these circles. (which he of course totally deserves but its still lovely to hear it. )

Anthony got a huge applause from the crowd every time he came out. :3: :29wahoo:

I have to make a comment about the last song Sylvie sang although I won't say what it was. It was a real OMG moment.

The whole concert & all the performers were fabulous from beginning to end. John & Dennis both did great jobs & there was the most incredable voices to an incredable orchestra fun laughter & great crowd participation & enjoyment.

We were all excited about Anthony's mention again at the concert of the album in 2013. :3: :29wahoo:

I'm not going to say any more about the concert because I don't want to spoil it for anyone still to go. Just know you are going to really really LOVE it.WOW WOW WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH ANTHONY.

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#15 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Quote the_voice
Thanks for the review di sounds like it was great what a delight it must be to hear him sing with such an orchestra

It most certainly was Anna. There is nothing more beautiful & sensational than Anthony's exquisite voice teamed with an amazing orchestra. :thud: :wub:

Everyone going to this show on Monday you are in for a fabulous show with many magical moments with OUR beautiful ANTHONY the standout performer but everyone in the show particually Sylvie is so fantastic you are in for a WOW WOW OMG time so enjoy. I'm very sorry I was late with my review but I didn't get home from Sydney untill very late last night & have only got a very basic mobile that doesn't take pictures & I can only make & receive calles & txt messages & I had no access to the internet.

Enjoy the show everyone going. :blow-kiss: I KNOW YOU WILL. :wub: It will be a magical New Years present for you all from Anthony & the whole extraordinary cast. :blow-kiss:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#16 essjay

essjay

Addicted To You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Thank you Di and Pat for the wonderful reviews. I can't wait to see him tomorrow. :29wahoo:
Posted Image

#17 nonnapat

nonnapat

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Thank you Di and Pat for the wonderful reviews. I can't wait to see him tomorrow. :29wahoo:

I'm so excited for you Sue :hugs: and for everyone else going tomorrow & tomorrow night. :29wahoo: :3: :blow-kiss: I wish I was going again ( greedy aren't I :lol: where Anthony is concerned we can NEVER get enough. :lol: )

ENJOY :thud: :wub:

71r280.jpg

xqd.gif

#18 pearl

pearl

Heartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Patchwork Quilting, Movies, Books.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thank you Di and Pat for reviewing the Sydney shows. I am very much looking forward to tomorrow night as they sing in the new year. We are in row J in the stalls. After the amazing performance at Carols, I am so excited to hear Anthony and the other artists perform at the beautiful Hamer Hall.

#19 jojop72

jojop72

Ave Maria

• Members
  • 5,355 posts
  • Interests:Anthony Callea
    l love everything about him
    His got great music
    a great voice
    Great laugh lol
    and is AMAZING on stage
    also like Ryan Sheppard from WICKED
    and Tim Campbell

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I'm going to both show if you see em there coem say hi
      d86a9341-25c1-441a-8e7b-8214db892477_zps  <p> 

#20 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thank you very much Di and Pat for sharing your reviews :)

:3:
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users