• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Wheats and Chuggi Take The Idols On The Road
By Paul Cashmere undercover.com.au
18 November 2004

http://i31.photobuck...allea/idols.jpg

Glenn Wheatley's Talentworks and Michael Chugg Entertainment are taking the Final 10 Australia Idol contestants out on tour.

The tour kicking off in early 2005 will feature The result of Australia's biggest super-star search: Casey Donovan, Anthony Callea, Courtney Murphy, Hayley Jensen, Chanel Cole, Marty Worrall, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Daniel Belle, Emilia Rusciano and Amali Ward, get together one last time to bring the classic Idol sensation to the concert stages of Australia.

"The scale of this show is at international concert level," says Talentworks CEO Glenn Wheatley.

"We are going to have ten of Australia's favourite new stars on stage performing the songs they did on the show, as well big production style numbers and some really fun segments too."

Tickets go on sale on November 26.

Dates are:

JAN 2005
Tuesday 18th - Newcastle Entertainment Centre
Thursday 20th - Wollongong WIN Entertainment Centre
Saturday 22nd - Sydney Entertainment Centre
Monday 24th - Canberra AIS Arena
Friday 28th - Perth Burswood Dome
Sunday 30th - Adelaide Entertainment Centre

FEB 2005
Tuesday 1st - Melbourne Vodafone Arena
Friday 4th - Hobart Derwent Entertainment Centre
Saturday 5th - Launceston Silverdome
Wednesday 9th - Cairns Convention Centre
Thursday 10th - Townsville Entertainment Centre
Saturday 12th - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Sunday 13th - Gold Coast Convention Centre

#62 Madrina

Madrina

Stranded

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

Idols look to final
REPORTER: Chris Simond
BROADCAST DATE: November 19, 2004
Today Tonight on Seven

http://i31.photobuck...LookToFinal.jpg

Anthony is favourite, but Casey is catching up. It has been a week they will never forget and now Casey Donovan and Anthony Callea have one more hurdle, the Australian Idol final.

It is now crunch time for the remaining two Australian Idol hopefuls.

With only two days to go until the Opera House showdown, Casey and Anthony are both striving to be awarded Australia's most prized singing competition.

"It's really exciting but really sickening in a way too because it's like I'm going to have to handle this," said Anthony.

Casey was just as excited.

"It finally clicked in my head yesterday that holy crap this is really happening and I took a moment I just went ooohhh," she said.

Last year's fourth place getter Paulini is torn between the two, though she favours the 16-year-old singing sensation from Sydney.

"I don't know who is going to win, but I'm hoping Casey, but, I don't know," said Paulini.

"With Casey there's something about her that really is touching, when she sings songs she puts all her emotion into it and its very touching."

Third in last year's competition, Cosima De Vito warns no matter who wins, victory is a double edged sword.

"All of a sudden he or she is going to be very very busy and their life will become Idol and they will be working non stop," she said.

"I've got a soft spot for Anthony cos I knew him before, I kind of met him at the beginning of the year in Melbourne and it was really funny he had a tape and I heard him sing the prayer and I was like keep going you're going to make it one day."

Idol judge Ian "Dicko" Dickson is not sure who will win.

"Anthony's looking strong, but Casey's catching him up," he said.

But Centrebet's Gerrard Daffey has his finger on the pulse of Australia's punters.

"We're going to hold pretty close to $200,000 on Idol this time round and that's a fairly significant amount when you line it up to the $2 million we recently held on the Australian election," he said.

He said Anthony's price has been up and down like a yo-yo this week.

"A $1.20 at the finish and $4 for Casey so he has gone in as raging favourite and once again Casey's been the outsider as she has been since betting first opened."

And some people are not sparing any expense on their favourite.

"Last week we took two $10,000 bets for Anthony, one at $1.22 and one at $1.20," said Gerrard.

"This week we took another three $5000 bets for him."

#63 Madrina

Madrina

Stranded

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Sydney versus Melbourne at Idol final
Date: 19/11/04
By Jonathon Moran, National Entertainment Writer
seven.com.au

It will be Sydney versus Melbourne when Casey Donovan and Anthony Callea take to the stage at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday night.

The pair will belt out several tunes along with fellow Australian Idol contestants before one of them is crowned winner of the hit-rating reality show.

"I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time," 16-year-old Sydney student Donovan told AAP this week.

"I started out pretty shy, not being myself, and when the competition progressed I started to open up a little bit and now we are near the end, I have just opened up heaps."

It was a different story for 21-year-old Callea, who has clearly been working towards stardom for many years.

His showbusiness journey began at the age of five when he joined the famed Johnny Young Talent School.

And by the time he was a teenager, Callea was performing as part of sayYEAH vocal trio.

"Idol is something that you can't really prepare yourself for," he said.

"You just have to take each day as it comes."

The second series of Australian Idol began with auditions in Tamworth early this year before trials in every capital city around the country.

Overall, more than 50,000 people auditioned in the competition and the show has been a ratings success for the Ten Network.

The final 100 contestants were selected before being whittled down to the top 12 - Amali Ward, Angie Narayan, Chanel Cole, Courtney Murphy, Dan O'Connor, Daniel Bell, Hayley Jensen, Marty Worrall, Emelia Rusciano, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Donovan and Callea.

More than two million people have tuned into the show each week.

Sydney University associate professor in media studies Catherine Lumby said the phenomenon had continued to grow since Guy Sebastian won the first series a year ago.

"Reality TV gets knocked all the time and there is a lot of snobbery that's expressed about the idea that there is something banal about watching ordinary people or that somehow the presence of these people is pushing talented professionals off the screen," Prof Lumby said.

#64 Madrina

Madrina

Stranded

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

Anthony's our Idol fancy
Luke Dennehy
20nov04 Herald Sun

IT'S judgment time for Melbourne's Anthony Callea.

The 21-year-old Sanctuary Lakes resident will today have a rare day off before tomorrow's final of Australian Idol at the Sydney Opera House.

It is expected he will spend the day with his Melbourne family, including mother Santina, dad Cosmo, sister Christina and brother, Matthew.

Time after time Callea has thanked his family, who have been behind the scenes supporting him since he was five when he started singing lessons.

"My family are great, they come up every weekend," he said.

"I've told them not to, because it must be costing them a fortune.

"They have always been supportive, and have never turned around and said get a real job."

Callea is hot favourite to take out the title from Casey Donovan, the 16-year-old surprise packet from Sydney.

The duo spent yesterday rehearsing for the big night and will each sing a number of songs before the big announcement around 10pm.

Whoever wins tomorrow won't have time to celebrate -- they will have six days to record their debut album.

Australian Idol has been a ratings hit for Channel 10, despite a general consensus it has been less interesting than last year's series.

There have been fewer controversies than last year, perhaps the biggest one was when hot favourite Ricki-Lee Coulter was evicted from the show midway through.

Even if he doesn't win, Callea is expected to be signed up to newly merged record label Sony BMG.

Callea's extended family will meet at an invitation-only function at MacKillop Catholic Regional College in Werribee tomorrow night to watch the show.

The public are invited to the watch the final from 7.30pm at the Wyndham Cultural Centre in Werribee, which has been the centre of Callea mania over the past few weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users