• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

Posted by AnthonyRocksMyWorld05

5 Minutes With Anthony Callea
TV Hits
December, 2006

http://i71.photobuck...nthsTVHITS1.jpg

He made a lot of us cry with his rendition of "The Prayer" on Idol a few years back, but don't put away the tissues just yet, cause the pint - sized star has returned with another album, A New Chapter.

So tell us about your latest release!

I've been working on this album since December last year - I didn't want to rush it. Out of the 15 tracks, I wrote 14 so it's a really personal album for me. I've had suck a big conection to the creative process - I'm a little nervous putting it out there. Hopefully people like it!

How is the album different to your first one that came straight after Idol?

With the Idol album, you have to record it in rwo weeks and they pick the songs. I was lucky enough to get one of my songs on there but with this one, it's all me.

Have you got over the craziness of Idol?

The last 6 months I've had time to reflect on everything - the whole Idol thing happens so quickly and it's so full on. It's time to move on from that and I just feel a lot happier and a lot more at peace with myself overall.

Why have some ex-idol contestants made it big and some haven't?

The hard work actually starts after Idol. As soon as that show finishes, you need to motivate yourself, no one else can do it for you. You need to push yourself and want it, and that's where the hard work starts. It's difficult at times, but if you really want to make it work, you have to believe in yourself and I think I've done that.

What's next for you?

Career - wise, I just want to keep doing what I'm doing, keep making albums that I'm proud of. I want to get on the road ASAP and start singing these songs live, cause that's when they come alive! And then hopefully, when the time is right I'd love to go overseas and see whar could happen over there.

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Posted by foobs

Anthony Callea
Leading Edge Magazine
December 06/January 07 Edition

http://i7.photobucke...bs/TheEdge1.jpg

A New Chapter Advertisement

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Posted by diissee

* Images only

SINGER ANTHONY CALLEA
Australian singer Anthony Callea poses for photographs in Sydney, Thursday, Oct. 18, 2006. Callea is promoting his new album A New Chapter which is to be released on Nov. 25 following the release of his single Live For Love on Nov. 4. (AAP Image/Tracey Nearmy)

http://i77.photobuck...21/untitled.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...CALLEASYD_5.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...CALLEASYD_4.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...CALLEASYD_2.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...CALLEASYD_6.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...CALLEASYD31.jpg

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Posted by Sue

Quotes Of 2006
Herald Sun (Melbourne) -Hit Section
28-12-2006

A quote by Anthony has been included in the Quotes Of 2006

"Sometimes at a club someone will say 'I'm gonna bash your head in', but the way I see it, it just makes the night more interesting."

ANTHONY CALLEA

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Posted by crazy4callea
With thanks diissee

All Smiles Ahead
Sunday Herald Sun
24-12-2006

http://i77.photobuck...es/91036420.jpg

Australian Idol graduates Jessica Mauboy and Anthony Callea check out the Sidney Myer Music Bowl ahead of their performance at tonight's Carols by Candlelight.

Other stars will include Dannii Minogue, Delta Goodrem, David Campbell, Marina Prior and Hi-5. Tickets have sold out, but the concert will be live on Channel 9 from 9pm.

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

Posted by foobs

Deck The Halls With Aggro And Folly
The Age
23-12-2006

T'WAS THE NIGHT before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, because mum was chucking her annual Christmas Eve spastic.

"You lazy, useless, selfish kids. Oh no, don't get up. Don't get off your fat, ungrateful backsides and help your mother wrap the presents, peel the vegetables, vacuum the house, mop the floor, clean the windows, fold the clothes and set the table. You just sit there watching television while I slave my guts out so you can all have your fancy day tomorrow. Don't worry about your mother and her bad back, gammy leg, dodgy hip, splitting headache and (slightly louder) inoperable brain tumour the size of an eight-year-old child. I'll eat the burnt chop, sit on the broken chair in the draught. God forbid you think of anyone else but yourselves."

So there we'd sit, in front of the Rank Arena, paralysed with fear because not only was she wearing an apron but she was also wielding a knife. As we smelt the pork cooking and heard the Kenwood Mixmaster whipping up yet another pav, Karen Knowles sang Silent Night. Well that's what we think she was singing. We had to lip-read, what with mum slamming things and swearing. Because what else would we be watching on Christmas Eve but Carols By Candlelight? Church? If you feel like it. But watching Carols By Candlelight, it's the law.

Where would we be without Carols By Candlelight? Probably somewhere in the Bagel Belt spinning a dreidel or in a cafe in Sydney Road sucking on a hookah.

The subject line of a recent email sent to me read: "Delta Goodrem headlines Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight." The most over-rated performer in Australia will lead a "spectacular line-up of entertainers" in this year's concert, to be hosted by Ray Martin. Delta and Ray are joined by other people with nice hair and fake smiles, including Bert'n'Patti, Marina Prior, Anthony Callea and Dannii Minogue.

I find an evening full of old songs, fake breasts and small children holding candles while wearing highly flammable pyjamas deeply comforting. It's a couple of hours of harmless karaoke to get us in the mood for spending an entire day turning passive aggression into an extreme sport.

But I can't bear the soap-stars' versions of the Christmas classics, complete with Mariah Carey vocal gymnastics, putting an entire scale where just a simple note will do. I like my carols like the Lord meant them to be, drawn-out, turgid and flat as a tack.

Every year one of the "artists" says, "I wish you could see what I see" and they cut to the swaying crowd holding their candles, reminding us of the importance of family, love and giving.

When I was young I would think, "I wish you could see what I see. Mum has just thrown a pav at the television and now Brian Naylor looks like Father Christmas. And now she's screaming at us to put the washing in the car boot because Nana and Pop are coming over tomorrow."

Carols By Candlelight, tomorrow 9pm, Channel Nine.

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Posted by crazy4callea

Delight By Candlelight
Sunday TV Guide

http://img401.images...resized2gq2.jpg

Australian Idol star Anthony Callea, who is set for his third Carols, agrees with Daivd Campbell.

"It's a great night," he says. "It's just one of those gigs that you hope you get the phone call for. It's a great night that gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling."

But Callea is not too sure everyone in his family would agree with his assessment.
"As anyone will tell you, it's like a big family backstage with all the performers. And, being a good Italian boy, there's a big family out the front of the show - all my aunties and uncles come out with their picnic blankets and candles.

"Last year we had a bit of a disaster. One of my aunties, who was telling all the kids to be careful with the candles, managed to set her hair on fire. And, being Italalian, she had plenty of hairspray on, and went up in spectacular style. I'm sure i saw her glowing from the stage."

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Posted by diissee

Melbourne herald Sun -Herald Sun Hit
21-12-2006

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img728.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img729.jpg

With the Freebies, the Herald Sun does this every week as a promotion and this one is an SBMG giveaway with a mention of A New Chapter, that its the home to Anthony's new single Addicted To You.

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Posted by diissee

Playlist Virgins
Daily Telegraph -Sydneylive Liftout
Writer/Editor: Kathy McCabe

http://i77.photobuck...ly21/img727.jpg

Eskimo Joe continue their assault on the airwaves with their New York single the most added track to Radio last week.

The Music Network also reports that ANTHONY CALLEA's bold new musical direction on Addicted To You found favour, coming in at No.2....

http://i77.photobuck...ly21/img725.jpg

" Since swing king Michael Buble, manufactured men with big voices Il Divo, the mega Ten Tenors and Idol finalist ANTHONY CALLEA have won the hearts of unabashed music sentimentalists"

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

Posted by diissee

Dear Santa - Stuff Those Christmas Stockings (christmas, wish list)
OK Magazine
December, 2006

http://i77.photobuck...ly21/img723.jpg

Tigers, Bentleys, coffee machines, the Pyramids - when your a celeb amything goes at Christmas and as we stuff ourselves with Christmas treats, what better time to find out how our Favourite Stars will spend the Holidays and whats on there wish list!!!

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Posted by diissee

Merry Christmas For Australian Acts
Undercover.com.au
by Andrew Tijs
21-12-2006

In the week before Christmas, Australian acts are filling up the ARIA album charts.

The week ending December 18 features double the usual Australian acts in the ARIA album charts. It's being led by Idols, comedy albums and the biggest Australian bands of the year.

Irish-Australian Idol Damien Leith hit number one with his 'Winner's Journey' and cricket tragic The 12th Man comes in second with his latest double-album 'Boned' arriving just in time for a positive Ashes series. Human Nature spend their ninth week in the Australian top ten with their second Motown album at number five. Their first one is at number 41 for its 52nd week in the charts. Young Divas sneak into the top ten at number nine with their self-titled disco cover album.

Australia's biggest bands also feature in the Christmas rush, Wolfmother, Eskimo Joe, Jet, Bernard Fanning and Missy Higgins all appearing in the top fifty. More idols feature, with efforts from Guy Sebastian and Anthony Callea. But the biggest surge is from non-musical CDs. Apart from The 12th Man, Bindi Irwin's 'Kidfitness' shoots to 21, Matt Tilley's prank call album stays in and Rodney Rude's album 'Frog Sack' rises to 32.

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

Posted by the_voice

Cheering Up By the Telly
The Age

The Panel is back with its Christmas Wrap.

The other Christmas ritual is upon us; bring on the carols, the specials and some laughs, writes Bridget McManus.

IT SOUNDS like a performer's nightmare - giving up Christmas Eve with the family to sing Away in a Manger without pay at a Sidney Myer Music Bowl full of overtired children. But each year so many singers want to be part of Carols by Candlelight that Channel Nine has to turn them away - and not just the ones that could do with a little Yuletide publicity.

"We get a lot of members of the public who write to us saying that they've always dreamed of performing on Carols," says producer Margaret Bashfield.

"Unfortunately, because we produce this program as a fund-raising event for Vision Australia, we have to sell tickets and we need the big-name artists. But members of the public can audition for the Carols by Candlelight Choir."

The biggest name in this year's cast is prodigal daughter Delta Goodrem, who joins regulars Marina Prior, Denis Walter and Hi-5. Patti Newton will sing with Bert for the first time in the event's 27-year history. Other carollers include Anthony Callea, David Campbell, Daddy Cool, Dannii Minogue and Goodrem's old AFL grand final rival, Silvie Paladino.
Ms Bashfield says there's a warm fuzziness between the performers that is lacking at other times of the year.

"Performers will come to us and say, 'I was thinking about whether I could sing this or that,' and we'll say, 'Yes, that sounds good,' and then we need to change it and inevitably they'll say, 'Oh that's fine, if it's for so and so, they'll do a great job'. You wouldn't normally get that."

The Opera Gala with Anthony Warlow will ensure the ABC is a carol-free zone after 8.35pm on Christmas Eve. Filmed in October at the Sydney Opera House to celebrate 50 years of Opera Australia (and co-incidentally Dame Joan Sutherland's 80th birthday) the event is "Opera with a capital O", according to ABC producer Paul Clarke.

"I normally do Spicks and Specks, so I'm more at the rock'n'roll end of the bus. I've filmed Metallica and AC/DC but when you get that Wagner song, Lieberstod, that Elizabeth Connell does, it's about as powerful as anything I've ever seen. It was up there with Highway to Hell. And Peter Coleman-Wright just tears it down doing this Beethoven song. There's some wild moments."

One highlight that didn't make the final cut was a tribute to Sutherland.

"The house went dark and then we just heard her voice and you could hear Alan Jones cooing, 'Ooh, it's Joan Sutherland!' Everyone stood up and started to cry and then they sang Happy Birthday."

And on Christmas night, like a ghost of comedy shows past, The Panel mysteriously reappears on Channel Ten. Not since 2004 has the show screened throughout the year, but come Christmas, Tom Gleisner, Kate Langbroek, Rob Sitch, Santo Cilauro and Glenn Robbins take their places at the plush red bench and the conversation flows so easily it's like they've never been apart.

"We all bring a plate with a few ideas," says Robbins. "It's probably going to be a train wreck at some point because we don't rehearse. But it's all in the right spirit."

Surprise celebrity guests are all part of the festive fare - last year a tabloid-scarred Shane Warne popped in for a good-natured giggle - and Robbins says it's all about catching the right person at the right time. This year's line-up includes Triple M's Fifi Box and the Australian Idol loser most likely to succeed, Bobby Flynn.

Spontaneity may be the name of the game, but even the most seasoned guests can dry up on the night. "Sometimes you can see in the commercial breaks that (some guests) are slightly timid. We're certainly not up there to attack or use them for leverage for a pissy joke."

But even the best-intended jokes can go horribly wrong, such as the time Robbins, a tad tipsy on the "certain drinks" the Panellists sip from their coffee mugs ("just to take the edge off"), cheekily suggested that George Foreman of the fat-free grill fame had made a few faces into hamburgers.

"He looked at me and I'm going, 'oh, I've gone one too far!' After we finished the segment we did some publicity shots and I remember him getting me in a headlock and thinking, 'he'd love to pop me one right now'."

The Panellists figure Christmas night is when people need cheering up - whether they've overindulged in family festivities or they've endured a lonely Christmas. Revenue from the show is donated to organisations working in the field of homelessness, loneliness and isolation.

"On Christmas night, you can relax and let us do the conversation for you," says Robbins.

The Opera Gala with Anthony Warlow screens on Christmas Eve at 8.35pm on ABC. Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight screens on Christmas Eve at 9pm on Nine. The Panel Christmas Wrap screens on Christmas night at 8.30pm on Ten.

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Posted by Sue
With thanks seehorse

Singing Carols' Praises
Herald Sun
19-12-2006

http://i5.photobucke...ldsun19-12-.jpg

Celebrities from across the entertainment spectrum unite at Carols By Candlelight to perform traditional and contemporary Christmas favourites in what is a magical event - not only for the audience but also for the singers and musicians who take part in it.

ANTHONY CALLEA, singer

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED?

This will be my third year. I always hope to get the call.

WHY DOES CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT STRIKE SUCH A CHORD WITH FAMILIES?

A night out at the Carols embodies all the things that we are reminded of at this time of year - family, friends, hope, love and happiness.

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Posted by Sue
With thanks Take it to the Heart

Flash Christmas Party - Prahran
Sunday Herald Sun (Melbourne)
12-12-2006

http://img80.imagesh...nthdec17do2.jpg

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Posted by Deli

Addicted To You On Radio / Carols
Herald Sun - Hit List

Mentions of Anthony

In Todays Melbourne Herald Sun in the Guide section on page 10 under Hit List, Addicted to You is the 2nd most added song to radio this week!!

Also there is a gorgeous photo of Anthony in the TV Eye section on page 11 of the Guide and a small mention of him being in the Carols at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Posted by rainbow99

Another Review
Smash Hits

http://www.smashhits....au/reviews.php

The Story: The newbie from the ex-Idol is still on the orchestral path, but if that's what you love about him you'll have no dramas taking to it.

The amazing voice that is Anthony Callea is still visible, as are the violins in the background of the sweet love tunes and the formula typical of Anthony songs (starting out soft, building up to a mega climax).

But we're surprised to hear a few tracks that sound remarkably like fellow romantic Nick Lachey (keep your ears on alert during 'Perfect Mistake'. A cool mix of orchestral ballads and guitar-fuelled ones too.

They gave it three stars.

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Posted by diissee

An all-star XI for MCG
Herald Sun
15-12-2006

STAR-spotting could rival the cricket as a sport at the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

Dancing man Hugh Jackman and British talk-show host Michael Parkinson will be there, as well as Prime Minister John Howard, Livinia Nixon, Rob Sitch, Bud Tingwell and Ed Phillips.

Pocket rocket Anthony Callea will sing the Australian anthem, while new Sony BMG signing British-born Amy Pearson, who was discovered by Take That star Gary Barlow, will perform God Save the Queen.

And look out for Olympic swimmer Giaan Rooney, Cricket Australia's green and gold ambassador, who will encourage fans to take on the Barmy Army by donning the Australian colours.

Not to be outdone, Brooke Hanson is the face of day two fo the Ashes Test - ladies day.

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

Posted by diissee

A Christmas Tale -Vision Australia's Carols By Candlelight
Tv Week
23-12-2006

http://i77.photobuck...ly21/img721.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...ly21/img722.jpg

On the Tenth Day of Christmas the Nine Network gave to me:

+ Ten Thousand Carollers packed inti the Melbourne Myer Music Bowl
+ Nine Network Reporter and Singer Georgi Quill
+ Eight Golden Tonsils of ANTHONY CALLEA, David Campbell, Dannii Minogue and Sylvie Paladino

It just wouldn't be Christmas without without Carols, and this years line up really will please the entire family (where else would you find Anthony Callea sharing the stage with Daddy Cool & Hi5)...

Pick of the Day:

Page 61 - Picture of Anthony

No.1 Pick of the Day:

Carols By Candlelight

This is not just an institution, its virtually compulsory viewing every Christmas Eve, as singers such as Anthony Callea make the carols yet another delightful yuletide event.

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Posted by diissee

Rock the Halls
The Age
17-12-2006

What's Christmas without a seasonal soundtrack on the tube, asks Melinda Houston.

Christmas. Music. It's a match made in heaven. From the angelic King's College Choir to the demonic soundtrack of your local supermarket (the one that leaves you humming Santa Claus is Coming to Town days afterwards), the festive season and insanely catchy music are entwined. The Christmas-music-television crossover has been a fixture pretty much since television was invented.

This season, Channel Seven got the ball rolling with Carols from the Domain, which screened on Saturday. Christmas Eve sees that trusty old favourite, Carols by Candlelight (9pm, Channel Nine) for which David Campbell fronts an eclectic line-up including Bert and Patti Newton, Dannii Minogue, Dennis Walter, Gorgi Quill, Hi 5, Daddy Cool, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino and Anthony Callea in what promises to be a razzle-dazzle extravaganza.

If past years are anything to go by, the glitz of this event is ultimately outweighed by the reality of the thousands of families gathered at the Myer Music Bowl, children's faces illuminated by candles (fire restrictions permitting), and the genuine goodwill that is at the heart of it.

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Posted by Lea

Anthony Talks About Music, Diana Ross...and Body Piercing
Blaze, www.blazemedia.com.au
By Peter Daire

http://72.14.253.104...D...=clnk&cd=19

At the tender age of 19, Anthony Callea suddenly found enormous fame on the back of Australian Idol. His strong vocal talent and boyish good looks won him legions of fans and a strong gay following. Now, with his second album 'A New Chapter' on the shelves, Peter Daire spoke with Anthony about his music, Diana Ross and body piercing.

You put together your first album in a matter of weeks, this one has taken a year. It must have been a very different process.

I sort of see this as my first album, becauseI�ve spent a good year working on it. I�ve co-written 14 of the 15 tracks, so it�s much more my creation. The first one was put together amongst promo and press and Idol tours, and it wasn�t really the most enjoyable process. It�s been so good to get in there, and work on my own tracks. It felt so good when they handed me the finished album a couple of weeks ago, because I am so proud, and I�ve put my heart and soul into it.

There�s been a lot of successful people come out of the Idol show, but do you feel that now you have some distance you can move away from being identified with the show?

You know, I think it�s important to embrace what you�ve done in the past, but it�s also important to move on. The first year and a half after Idol was such a whirlwind, but you embrace what you�ve learned and I now see this as the next step. For me it�s really important to evolve and feel like I'm growing up.

You recently performed as a guest on theDiana Ross tour, tell me about that.

That was amazing. I stood at the back of the theatre after my set and watched her show, because you learn so much from a performer who has been on the stage for 40 years. Her stagecraft and presence is unbelievable. She�s got every right to be a Diva

The media seem to ask you a lot of questions about your personal life. Is it hard to haveyour privacy compromised because of fame?

I�m not going to complain about the publicity, but I focus on my music and being on stage because that�s what I love doing. I think once you start mixing all the media and publicity with your creativity that�s when it all goes perilously wrong. The two are quite separate and for me, it�s about keeping a healthy balance

Your new single, �Live For Love� debuted at#9, which is a good sign for this record

Yes, it�s Top Ten which is a great feeling, and especially with all the competition out there. When you look at the top ten of that week, I was the only Australian artist in there, which I�m proud of. But it�s getting harder and harder for Australian artists, you know, with downloads and everything now

� and when your debut single became the biggest selling Australian single of all time?

Yeah, that was totally overwhelming. You know, I had come from nowhere, I was just this 19 year old kid, and I had just come off this major TV show and it was just so much to take in, it was overwhelming

Was it a greatly different experience in the studio for the new album?

Absolutely. Just to get in there and sing your own songs, your own lyrics and talk to the producers. Being a part of my own creative process is really important. I�m putting this album out on the shelves now and I�m totally proud of it.

Are we going to see you in Adelaide on theback of �A New Chapter�?

I�ve actually just been in Adelaide, for a charity tennis match, but we�re hoping to go out on the road with some shows in the New Year. Last time I played in Adelaide was at the Thebarton Theatre and it was great! But I really want to get out there and get that adrenaline rush o fplaying to a crowd because for me, singing live is the best feeling.

And tell me about your plans to get an eye-brow ring.

(laughs) I mentioned that last week at a signing! I would like one, but I�m a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain. Plus I don�t think my mum and dad would talk to me if I did! I don�t know, I might get it done. Anyway, if it doesn�t suit me I can just take it out.�

A New Chapter, is out now throughSonyBMG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users