• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Posted by Lea

Live For Love Review
Perth Sunday Times
By Nova's Desiree Savage

If you loved the Prayer, you will totally love this. He's the little guy with the big voice that is wooing women (and men) everywhere. He may have a new harder-edged hairdo, but it certainly hasn't affected his voice, or his style.

I love the fact that we know this guy can sing - and this song really accentuates his velvet-like tones. I don't know if it's the orchestral backing, the voice or the spunky new look, but Anthony is proving more attractive with each release. So hot right now!

#43 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Posted by Joseph-Martin

LIVE FOR LOVE, ANTHONY CALLEA
Daily Telegraph
9-11-2006

"OK,OK, we know the power ballad is back but it would have been great to hear Callea step away from the trademark sound that launched his career. But he does it all so well, backed by a sublime orchestra. Celine Dion, eat your heart out."

#44 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Posted by S2 Anthony Lover S2

Tv Week Magazine

http://i127.photobuc...erS2/Page29.jpg

#45 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

Posted by Mz Callea

Irish Idol Smiles As Rating Recover
Daniel Ziffer, Entertainment Reporter
28-11-2006

More than 2.2 million viewers tuned in last night to see Irishman Damien Leith crowned 2006 Australia Idol.

The finale of the fourth series didn't reach the ratings heights of the first two years, but recovered from last year's embarrassing slump.

Sunday night's audience peaked at 10.13pm (AEST) at 2.4 million, according to OzTAM figures released by broadcaster Channel 10.

"Australian Idol � The Winner Announced swept its timeslot in every major demographic, taking a 66.9 per cent commercial share of the target 18-49 audience and 59.9 per cent in total people," a network spokeswoman said today.

The revelation of the winner is the 15th most-watched event of the official 2006 ratings year.

Last year, the final of the third series drew 1.91 million viewers. The disappointing figure was a 43 per cent slump on the 3.35 million who tuned in to the 2004 finale to see Casey Donovan beat Anthony Callea.

The season two finale at the Opera House was the most-watched show of 2004.

The first series � which ended in 2003 with Guy Sebastian nudging out Shannon Noll � garnered 3.3 million viewers.

?? Hear an interview with Idol winner Damien Leith at theage.com.au later today.

#46 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Posted by Mz Callea

A New Chapter For Irish Idol

http://i104.photobuc...6/anthnkate.jpg

DAMIEN Leith's stunning victory in Australian Idol was given a seal of approval from former stars of the show Kate De Araugo and Anthony Callea in their exclusive blog for The Daily Telegraph Online.

Expat Irishman Leith won the fourth series of Australian Idol in one of the closest contests in the Network Ten program's history.

He sang two songs, including his new single Night Of My Life, written by Adam Reily, to defeat Northern Territory singer Jessica Mauboy in the final concert at the Sydney Opera House.

De Araugo, who won the series last year, said she "was stoked" by his victory.

"I'm so happy that Damien won, I love him," she said in our blog. "I wanted him to win but didn;t expect him to. I don't think he exoected to either - his reaction was great."

Callea, who has just released latest album A New Chapter, agreed that both finalists "did really well".

Read the duo's comments on Idol, their own booming careers and more at our blog by clicking here.

Leith, a 30-year-old pharmacist, who lives with his wife Eileen and baby son Jarvis in the inner Sydney suburb of Newtown, was soaking up his success today.

Leith, originally from County Kildare in Ireland, quit his job at a pharmaceutical company only this week to focus on his musical career, joining fellow Australian winners Guy Sebastian, Casey Donovan and Kate DeAraugo.

Over the course of the competition, Leith has wooed judges Marcia Hines, Mark Holden and Kyle Sandilands with his operatic/rock edge vocal tones.

His unique style won him a record four touchdowns from Holden and tonight the ultimate prize, a recording contract with Sony BMG.

His first single is available for digital download here and will be released commercially on November 28.

In a departure from previous years, Leith recorded the song using his own arrangements and gave creative input into song production.

This change is one of many to the program's 2006 format, including allowing contestants to showcase original songs during a special live performance program and use instruments.

Leith's debut album will be released in the coming weeks.

More than 25,000 aspiring singers auditioned for Australian Idol this year.

For the first time the national audition tour included Alice Springs, Broken Hill, Byron Bay, Mount Isa and Townsville.

The hopefuls were then whittled down to the top 12 � Ricky Muscat, Chris Murphy, Bobby Flynn, Dean Geyer, Lisa Mitchell, Guy Mutton, Joseph Gatehau, Reigan Derry, Lavina Williams, Klancie Keough, Mauboy and Leith.

Looking dazed but happy, Leith hugged Mauboy as fans screamed and cheered at the announcement he had won.

He was initially lost for words and apologised for not having thought about what he was going to say.

"Oh my God, this is unbelievable, I've said it all night," Leith said.

"All I can say is this has been the greatest time of my life being in this show and everything that's come my way through this show...

"I'm speechless. I should have thought of something to say.

"All I can say is first of all to Jessica, she is the most beautiful, the most fabulous singer I've ever come across.

"I've been saying it all week, if I wasn't in the contest I would have been voting for her. I think she's absolutely amazing, and I really do mean that."

Mauboy had a huge smile on her face as she congratulated her rival, saying: "Good on you, Damien, good on you."

Leith also thanked his wife and baby for their support, as well the rest of his family, the fans and the Australian Idol crew.

#47 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Posted by Lea

* Images Only
"Home: Songs Of Hope And Journey" Photocall @ The Park Hyatt - Nov 24 2006, Anthony, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Guy Sebastian

http://i38.photobuck...lforums/1-1.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...lforums/2-1.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...lforums/3-1.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...lforums/4-1.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...dolforums/5.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...dolforums/6.jpg

http://i38.photobuck...dolforums/7.jpg

#48 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

Posted by In*Bed*With_Anthony*
With thanks diissee

Pocket Rocket
DNA Magazine
November Issue, 2006

http://i77.photobuck...rticles/DNA.jpg

#49 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Posted by diissee

Q & A - Anthony Callea
Sydney Sunday Herald
26-11-2006

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img711.jpg

#50 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Posted by Moonshine

Factor: A Touch of Callea
Sunday Mail
By Colin Newton
26-11-2006

http://i13.photobuck...ea/scan0004.jpg

and

Idol Pleasures
By Ritchie Yorke

http://i13.photobuck...ea/scan0005.jpg

#51 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Posted by Sue

Anthony At Federation Square, Friday 1/12/06, For Launch Of Carols By Candlelight 2006
Herald Sun
26-11-2006

Article mention:  that on Friday, Anthony, David Campbell, and The Australian Girls Choir will launch Carols by Candlelight at Federation Square.

#52 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Posted by fleur
With thanks A True Friend and Scoobella77

Anth Music - How Anthony Callea Learned to Embrace the Imperfections and Take Control of his Career
Herald Sun -Herald Hit
By Cameron Adams
23-11-2006

http://i12.photobuck...end/anth2-1.jpg

Never -"Idle Idol"
Article Picture:

http://i12.photobuck...d/anthony-1.jpg

Never-Idle Idol
Anthony Callea even checks how the way he sits will look on television, writes CAMERON ADAMS

AUSTRALIAN Idol was an accelerated musical school for Anthony Callea.

The rush continued with a debut album recorded in two weeks, during which he also handled promotional duties and embarked on the Idol national tour.

The album did its job - housing three Top 10 hits and the No.1 The Prayer - though Callea had little input beyond choosing the songs.

For the next year he toured the nation and did endless promotion.

"Towards the end it started to become a chore," he admits.

"You've come off a TV show that rated its a--- off, so everyone knows you and you're trying to deal with 20,000 things and focus on the one important thing - which is singing.

"Not that I didn't enjoy it, but when it feels like you don't want to do it any more, you have to stop."

Callea made some changes. First was leaving the management team he'd been assigned to, post-Idol.

He can't talk about his old management for "legal reasons", but says: "Obviously you change management for a reason."

He signed with Peppermint Blue, which steers the careers of Rogue Traders and TV Rock.

"They see things differently, not having a roster full of Idols. When you come off Idol everything is so overwhelming and I was naive," Callea says.

Then came the luxury that he was never given on Idol - time off. After making the album that the record company wanted to make first time around, for his second album he wanted more creative input - and no two-week deadline.

He went overseas to work with songwriters, many of whom were surprised that a pop star sent to them could actually hold a note.

"They'd say, 'Oh, thank God. We've got someone who can sing'. I'd think, 'how many people are out there who can't sing?'"

Singing has never been a problem for Callea. Indeed, on Idol, for the judges his major crime was being too perfect.

In his pre-Idol career as a singing teacher, Callea would be a stickler for technical perfection.

Yet for his second album, A New Chapter, that all changed.

"I've undone years of training," he says, laughing. "I thought I knew how to sing when I was on Idol, but now I know there's more to singing than just singing the notes. I grew up thinking I had to sing technically correct all the time. Now I don't have to hit that note perfectly."

In a studio, one producer took him aside and said: "Anthony, you can sing. Don't think about singing. You over-analyse things. Just sing it."

That, plus the obvious investment from singing songs you've written yourself, saw emotion take over.

"I watch the DVD of my concert and I'm obsessing over hitting all those big notes because you think that's what people want to hear.

"To a certain degree they do. On Idol the phrase is 'Big notes win votes'. I'd put my songs together on Idol and go, 'OK, where's the big note?' and work on that first. But now I realise it's not all about that."

Callea isn't averse to watching old footage of himself: "When I see that performance of The Prayer on Idol it's not technically correct. There are notes I missed, but it doesn't matter. It's about that moment.

"I'll pull out old tapes of myself to see what I've done right and wrong. Even if it's just little things - like the way I sit for a TV interview might make me look arrogant. It's important to learn from what you've done in the past."

Callea took a year to write the songs for A New Chapter.

He'd seen Kelly Clarkson live and was impressed with how she incorporated rock into her sound.

"She didn't have to get out there and just do ballads all the time."

Not that he ahs left ballads behind.

"I do ballads, that comes naturally to me. That's the easy part. I wanted to see what else I could do. I wanted to do things people didn't expect me to do, not play it safe."

The result is an album of ever-changing musical emotions.

"To me this is like my first album. I feel like I own this album.

"I could write a song, sit on it for a month, come back to it and go 'That chorus is s---, let's rewrite it.' And we did.

"When I'm doing interviews now, I don't have to talk about an album I didn't have any input into."

Callea has taken more control of his career.

"When you've created something you're a little more protective of it.

"I can be annoying. I can be a perfectionist. I p--- a lot of people off because I want things to be right. I don't take the easy way out."

He uses the example of planning his next week of TV appearances so that each is different - a lone cellist for one, his full band for another.

"To me that's important and I can be a pain in the a--- about it. If I were a fan of a band I'd seen do the exact same performance on Sunrise, Today and 9am, I'd get bored.

"I look at it from a fan's point of view. I want to keep my fans interested and I want to keep myself interested."

A New Chapter (Sony BMG) out Saturday.

Price of Fame
Driven to Distraction

Anthony Callea had a crash course in fame, as have all Idols.

"TV is a powerful tool," Callea says.

He is fiercely protective of his private life.

"It's important to keep a personal life, it keeps you sane. You have to keep relationships, friends and family separate. I don't want to involve that aspect of my personal life in my professional life. You hope people respect that.

"I never wanted to be famous, I always wanted to be a singer. The fame has come along, you have to deal with that. Not everyone's going to be a fan. You have to grow a thick skin, really quickly. It's sad, but singing is just one component of this whole industry. That's just the way it is."

Some fans get more close than others. One day last year Callea was driving over the West Gate Bridge when someone in a car recognised him and followed him into the city, trying to cut him off on the way.

"I had to try to lose them, but at least it's a good story to tell. You can't live in a bubble. If I want to go supermarket shopping I will. Sometimes at a club someone will say, 'I'm gonna bash your head in', but the way I see it, it just makes the night more interesting."

#53 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Posted by diissee

Idol News Lavish Line-up Announced For Idol's Night Of Nights
Idol Website
24-11-2006

The "Macca's i'm lovin' it Outdoor Concert" is the ultimate celebration of all things Idol and this year�s top line-up is nothing short of brilliant. Young Divas, Guy, Anthony, Marcia and Shannon are set to rock the Sydney Opera House steps this Sunday!

It�s been a year that silenced critics as Australian Idol attracted a massive audience and unveiled another gifted bunch of talented vocalists. But it isn�t just the current graduates who have contributed to Idol�s gleaming reputation; former Idols have continued their momentum, releasing a string of catchy hits that have added to the Idol phenomenon. During Sunday night�s "Macca's� i'm lovin' it� Outdoor Concert", we�ll get a chance to showcase the awesome acts that Idol has introduced to Australians over the last 4 years.

The ultimate Idol-pop-supergroup, Young Divas are everywhere at the moment, enjoying a successful year that has included a national tour, new hit single (Happening All Over Again) and debut self-titled album. After a string of memorable live TV performances, expect a slick a sassy effort when the girls contribute to the spectacular finale.

Anthony Callea is back with a beautiful single that certainly tugs on the heartstrings, Live For Love, and preparing to release a fresh LP with a new exciting sound. As A New Chapter is released on the eve of our finale, it�s the ideal time for the record-breaking solo star to deliver yet another blistering vocal performance for the Idol audience.

Enjoying yet another comeback, Marcia Hines is set to lead by example on the Opera House steps and showcase the album that debuted in the Top 10 of the ARIA Album Charts and went gold after just 4 weeks: Discotheque. It�s great to have a role model that continues to maintain such a keen following and we can expect a huge cheer when the great diva takes the stage.

One performer who symbolises the success of Australian Idol�s success is Guy Sebastian and the friendly star is back to celebrate the crowning of a new champ. After his third album, Closer to The Sun, debuted at #3 on the ARIA album charts, The Fro is looking forward to impressing a huge television audience with his latest single � the catchy Elevator love.

After the birth of his first daughter, Sienna, country rocker Shannon Noll has been devoting time to his family while his beautiful single, Lonely continues to hold strong on the single charts after 12 weeks. But expect a refreshed and enthusiastic Shannon to receive a huge reception at the "Macca's� i'm lovin' it� Outdoor Concert", where he�ll complete a superstar line-up of talent.

It�s all about the fans � a colourful celebration of Idols, past and present. So make sure you tune into Network Ten early to enjoy the "Macca's� i'm lovin' it� Outdoor Concert".

#54 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

Posted by diissee

Pseudo Echo Frontman - Remixes For Live For Love
themusic.com.au
21-11-2006

CANHAM MOVES TO METROPOLIS

Former Pseudo Echo frontman Brian Canham is moving his home studio into the AAV / Metropolis building "hopefully before the end of the year," he says. "I will be studio neighbors with Martin Pullan (Edensound ) and Doug Brady. Too unreal!"

Since appearing on the "Countdown Spectacular" tour Canham has been getting airplay for two remixes of Anthony Callea's "Live For Love" (the song was written by former CDB member Gary Pinto), remixed Sherbet's Howzat" for Liberation and Lee Kernaghan's new single "The Love Shack". He also co- wrote with Cheyne Coates two tracks on the new "Girlband" album.

#55 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Posted by Sue and fongo

Callea Covered
Herald Sun (Melbourne)
23-11-2006

PIN-UP Anthony Callea has always been known for his immaculate grooming, but has it gone too far on his new album?

Inside sources say several photos were digitally combined for the cover shot on A New Chapter, which was done by same people who did Stephanie McIntosh's very smoothed-out album cover. Both artists are young and attractive and, as far as we can tell aren't in need of the airbrush.

Callea's second offering is out on Saturday and he will sign the next day at the Australian Idol finale in Sydney.

#56 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Posted by anthem

Brisbane News
22-28 November, 2006

On a pedestal. Anthony Callea has worked hard to be acknowledged for his singing talent after he found recognition on Australian Idol.

It�s understandable that critics would label Anthony Callea an Australian Idol graduate who rode a magic carpet on the success of one song, and a manufactured song at that.

It is, in fact, quite true, but the pocket-sized performer has also been in the charts with other songs in the two years since that smash hit The Prayer, and it�s more than likely that Anthony would have eventually found musical fame without the television show.

The Melbourne singer�s so-called overnight success started 18 years ago when he entered the Johnny Young Talent School after begging his parents to let him sing. And sing he did. By the age of 17, Anthony had topped Victoria�s Year 12 singing exams; he was performing three nights a week at events and gaining a strong following as a music teacher.

It seems that the 23-year-old was already on the right path when he was signed to SonyBMG after being named Australian Idol runner-up in 2004. Within seven weeks of that union, and subsequent release of The Prayer, the song had become the highest - and fastest selling Australian single to date. Four months later, Anthony�s self-titled album debuted at number one and on the back of its success is this month�s release of A New Chapter.

Anthony says that with 12 months, rather than the three weeks he had to prepare for his first album, he�s feeling very upbeat about A New Chapter.

�It has been very satisfactory to have co-written 14 of the tracks on it, and to have had so much more creative input than the last album,� Anthony says.

The east-listening offering, which will no doubt take off during the pre-Christmas sale rush, is a 15-track mix of orchestral and pop/rock ballads teamed with a few grittier tracks.

�The process of making this album has helped me to grow up a bit and learn about myself too. It enabled me to have some time out of the public eye, to take a step back and stop living in a bubble,� Anthony says.

Not that he begrudges the recognition that has come with his new-found fame or the path he took through the television series to reach it.

�Sure, I had a really amazing producer who took me under his wing at age 15 to record songs. I was teaching music and doing radio voice-overs but if I hadn�t had such a great launch pad in Australian Idol, I wouldn�t have been on tour with Diana Ross.

�There are simply not many opportunities to get noticed as a singer of songwriter, so I don�t think Australian Idol is anything for me to be ashamed of�.

�Since then, I have worked extra hard to make the public like my music�, says Anthony. And make the people like his music, he has.

A New Chapter by Anthony Callea, SonyBMG.

#57 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Posted by diissee

Idol Illness Hushed Up
Herald Sun
20-11-2006

POCKET rocket Anthony Callea has told of the hushed-up health scare that threatened to end his Australian Idol dream two years ago.
The Werribee singer revealed he was taken to hospital during his time on the show because of the enormous stress placed on finalists.
"Unless you go through something like that, you don't really understand the actual pressure," he said.

"I was sick on Idol and they kept it quite hush-hush. I ended up in hospital from a virus and it was from stress, too, I believe.

"They were going to pull me out of the series before the '70s show. I had a drip in my arm and the doctor told me I would not be performing.

"I told him to remove the drip because I needed to be there so I went on and performed with a temperature of 39C. It was full-on.

"You just have to get on with the job because all my life, that's all I wanted to do."

This year's finalists, Melbourne boys Dean Geyer and Ricky Muscat have also complained about the pressure to perform.

Callea's second album, A New Chapter, is out this week

#58 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

Posted by diissee

5 Minutes with Anthony Callea
New Weekly -Issue 27th Nov

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img705.jpg

TV Week - Issue dated 25th Nov

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img707.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img708.jpg

Famous - Issue 27th Nov

List the following singers in order of their age. Youngest to oldest

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img706.jpg

#59 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Posted by calleakenny
With thanks diissee

Anthony Callea
Live For Love
POPREPUBLIC
November Issue, 2006

After catching up with Anth recently for good old natter about the new album, I can understand why this was chosen as the lead single from his album a safe yet really enjoyable track that will satisy his existing fan base.

Live For Love is a tried and tested beauty for any fan of The Prayer or killer vocal ballads but it takes a side step from the obvious love song, you would normally associate with this style of music and really connects with us listeners who don't want to get too soppy! T

There is no disputing Anth's vocal abilities, but in my opinion, for a real surprise, check out his new album and the tracks 'Addicted To You' and "If Only' if you want to see the awesomeness of this pint sized powerhouse!

4/5 Pop

#60 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:11 PM

Posted by crazy4callea

Australian Idol runner-up Anthony Callea sang up a storm to close the night
The Sunday Mail, Adelaide -'Snapparazzi' section
18-11-2006