Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Posted by diissee

Louise Perryman's Year In Review Newsletter Dec 07, The Highlights

Louise Perryman also co-wrote When I Get There with Vince Pizzinga and sang backing vocals on Don't Tell Me.

December 2007

It really is high time that I updated this page! Life is, as always, moving so fast....no excuse I know but there it is.

I have spent much of the last few years working to give other singers and musicians their place in the sun on Australian Television, working on such programmes as Australian Idol and Australia Day Live for the Ten Network and It Takes Two for the Seven Network. More and more I find myself working as a Music Producer for Television rather than singing my own song. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the challenges of this new road I am taking immensely - learning much along the way from the very talented performers I work with and the amazing production crews who work tirelessly to get things to air. Behind the scenes is a very interesting place to be indeed. This new role has afforded me the chance to step back from my singing and songwriting career and review it carefully, given me the chance to meet some intriguing and influential people and, when I do get to sing, enjoying the fact that it feels so much the more luscious for the sheer joy of being able to......oh and pay my mortgage:-)

Highlights have included:

finally finishing production of 'whatever Lucy says' and playing it live at The Basement with my fabulous band, I love seeing the songs come to life on stage;

writing the track, " Still Hoping", with the gorgeous Gary Pinto and my much loved friend, Brydon Stace;

singing backing vocals for Anthony Callea - especially the outdoor concert in Perth...;
doing a co-write called "If You Were Mine" with St Paul Peterson who was a member of Prince's band "The Time", Rob Arthur from "Five For Fighting" and Brydon (who doesn't need to be from "anything" to be famous to me!!);

meeting highly respected keyboard player, Ricky Peterson, when he was out on tour with John Mayer (met John too but it wasn't as exciting as meeting Ricky for me because I have loved his playing FOREVER);

singing backing vocals for Sarah Blasko at the Make Poverty History Concert at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne and standing side of stage while U2 and Pearl Jam opened the show for us (still don't really believe that one but I have the pics to prove it!);

performances with my sublime Melbourne band at the Spiegeltent - hi to Ben, Gary and Danny :-);

meeting Michael Buble - just lovely;

winning the Australian Songwriters Association Song Of The Year for "genius of love" from my new album "whatever Lucy says" - yay to my co-writers Tony King, Kris Ralph and Bill Risby and yo to my producer, Sam Hawksley!;

getting continual support from my fabulous overseas friends such as Bob Davis at soul-patrol.com, Baldwin Smith at jazzmonthly.com and Chris Rizik at soultracks.com;

seeing so much more live music than I have been able to in the past with my handsome and brave concert buddy Ryan;

spending quality time with my much loved and forever generous friends;

doing an Eagles Tribute concert at Sydney's premier music venue, The Basement, with an amazing group of singers and musos - what fantastic and challenging music it is;

getting through Night in Tunisia without any spills (ha ha) at the Manly Jazz Festival with the ridiculously talented Erana Clark, Gary Pinto, John Foreman and The Australian Idol Band;

having a few VERY romantic holidays;

hanging out with my family and watching my nephews, Oscar and Max, blossom;

having Amy Pearson and the young girls from the Life Changing Experiences Foundation Sister 2 Sister programme record my song, " When It's Right For You" - special thanks to all of the people I roped in to make that happen and to my co-writers, Brooke McClymont and Anthony Egizii;

getting lots of encouraging emails from people who hear my music - thankyou so much;

continually discovering more music and loving the fact that it is so much more accessible than it ever was - go you independent artists!!!!!

Hardly seems like much but there you have it. Wishing you all that you hope for in the holiday season and beyond,

Louise x

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Posted by Nessi

Anthony Callea and Natali Gauci at Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight
The Age
30-12-2007

http://i5.photobucke.../NatandAnth.jpg

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Posted by diissee

Merry Christmas from Oz Music Scene
Ozmusicscene
By lkatulka
25-12-2007

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope all my readers have a wonderful Christmas Day spent with family, friends, lots of presents, and plenty of good food. I figured I'd leave you today with some of my favourite performances from Carols by Candlelight. Play them loud, sing along, and have a very happy Christmas.

Here's one of the finest voices in Australia, Guy Sebastian, singing one of my favourite carols, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. This clip makes me miss that afro just a little bit.

So simple, so beautiful. Olivia Netwon-John shows why vocal acrobatics are overrated with her rendition of 'Silent Night.'

I had to round out the list with my absolute favourite festive tune, 'The Christmas Song.' This version by Anthony Callea is just beautiful.

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Posted by the_voice

Stars On Song with the Festive Spirit
Herald Sun
By Georgie Pilcher and Jordana Borensztajn
25-12-2007

http://www.news.com....98-2862,00.html

JINGLE Bells rocked the Sidney Myer Music Bowl last night as families young and old joined in the traditional Carols by Candlelight celebrations in Melbourne.

Ray Martin -- in his 18th year as host -- led the 10,000-strong audience in Christmas cheer as stars including Anthony Callea, Kate Ceberano, Marina Prior and Australian Idol winner Natalie Gauci performed the Christmas classics.

The show stopper was Silent Night performed by the Choir of Hardknocks, a group of disadvantaged and homeless people.

They sang with such heart they had the full attention of most of the children. For parents, they epitomised the true spirit of Christmas.

Kenny star Shane Jacobson joined fellow Guys and Dolls cast members Prior and Lisa McCune, Sea Patrol's Ian Stenlake and Kath & Kim's Magda Szubanski to sing Man With a Bag.

Szubanski said she couldn't wait to hit the stage.

"I haven't done Carols by Candlelight for years.

"The whole thing is a very special event. It's fun to get up and muck around for a good cause and it gives Christmas a really beautiful focus."

It was Marina Prior's 17th Carols concert and she loved it as much as the first.

"It's the ultimate feel-good Christmas night and it's so essentially Melbourne. It's something I grew up watching as a kid and something I always dreamt about doing."

Families rugged up as the temperature dropped to 14C as they sang in another very Merry Christmas.

Gauci said she used to watch the carols at home with her parents.

"It is an absolute dream to be part of this tonight after watching it all these years," she said.

It was another special night for long-time host Ray Martin, whose daughter Jenna flew from Britain for the concert.

Dennis Walter, in his 22nd year at Carols, said he would return for as long as he was able.

"I love it, I will do it until they have to wheel me out on stage," he said.

In its 70th year, the concert is organised by Vision Australia and Channel 9 to raise money to help people who are blind or suffering from low vision, particularly children.

#5 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Posted by Lea

Australian Celebrities Share their Christmas Wishes
Herald Sun
24-12-2007

http://www.news.com....from=public_rss

WHAT do Australia's biggest entertainers want for Christmas? We've asked them for you. Find out here.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte, singer

'Lots and lots of quality time with family and friends and loved ones'

Delta Goodrem, singer

'Good health and happiness to all my family, friends and supporters'

Anthony Callea, singer

'I know I don't really need anything and there's a lot more people in need around the world but selfishly I really really really really want Spice Girls concert tickets! Please Santa. I've been a good elf this year, haven't I?'

Toby Allen, from Human Nature

'That my family Christmas boiled pudding is a success and doesn't turn out to be a mouldy lump of fruit'

Giaan Rooney, Channel 9

'My Christmas wish is to keep my loved ones safe, for no animals to be dumped or mistreated and for everyone to remember what the Christmas spirit is really about. OK, that's three wishes'

Rob Mills, Channel 9

'I wish for everyone to have family and friends around them at Christmas and that I make it to the top on the Run Up The Rialto on Boxing Day'

Nadine Garner, City Homicide

'My perfect Christmas present would be a day at a day spa sipping tea after a spa and a foot massage. I would never buy it for myself, and I would never expect anyone else to buy it for me, but I would kind of love to do that one day'

Andrew O'Keefe, Channel 7

'A pig for a needy family from CARE Australia, a Star Wars light sabre to defend myself from my son Obe Wan Kenobi and a second-hand Winnebago with a Knights of Arabia interior -- I think there's now a spare one in the Seven parking lot'

Mike Goldman, Channel 10

'For Christmas I'd love a packet of Tim Tams that never ends, then I could build a house out of them and never have to make dessert ever again'

Carrie Bickmore, Channel 10

'A GHD hair straightener -- I've still got an old brick of a hair straightener from when they first became popular. I think I need to move with the times. A new watch. I've had the same one for five years and it just broke, and I am already sick of everyone telling me I'm late everywhere. And since my son Oliver came into the world in September . . . an uninterrupted night's sleep'

Vanessa Amorosi, singer

'Christmas is a great time to remember those closest to our hearts. My Christmas wish is for a season filled with fun, friends and laughter'

#6 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Posted by diissee

My Favourite Day Anthony Callea
Sunday Herald Sun
23-12-2007

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img162.jpg

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Posted by Sue
With thanks janellehanna

Anthony's Favourite Album Of The Year
Herald Sun
27-12-2007

http://i237.photobuc...na/scan0009.jpg

Anthony Callea had a similarly revealing 2007, turning his hand to TV (It Takes Two) and stage (Rent) while working on a new album for next year.

He singles out his favourite album of the year as Joss Stone's Introducing Joss Stone. "She's soulful and lyrically brilliant, with an amazing voice and talent," Callea says.

He also loves the Rogue Traders' Better in the Dark.

"James (Ash) really knows how to take an '80s vibe and turn it into cutting-edge pop for today. Love it."

#8 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

Posted by jaffa and anth 'n' fi

Mx Summary
18-12-2007

Aunty's hair on fire story, Hanging out for Carols call and spending time with Law Family and what Vision Oz does. A big year for Anth everything he has done including the coming out story wishes his music got as much notice (don't we all)but happy within himself and he knows who he is. Looking forward to working on new Album hopefully mid next year. Planning live gigs but memory sucks with lyrics

NEED TO KNOW SECTION

All time fav tv show - Will & Grace, loves Karen

Current fav show - Today watch every morning

Wouldn't watch if you paid me- Simpsons

#9 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Posted by iLOVEanthony

Anthony Callea
Singer, Performing at this year's Vision Australia Carols
By Candlelight on channel 9,
Christmas Eve, 9pm

Home Magazine

http://i77.photobuck...anthxmashi1.jpg

Earliest Christmas Memory?
Waking up one morning and running downstairs to see what santa had left me and there was nothing there. My brother received a bike and I was so upset, untill my mum opened the curtains to the window that looked to the back yard and there was a massive trampoline set up with my name on it.

Any home traditions?
We don't really have any Christmas traditions as such, but the whole family really gets into the spirit of Christmas. Most of my family come along to the Melbourne carols each year on Christmas Eve and then the next day we all get together for either lunch or dinner, and eat way too much food, drink too much wine and then we feel sorry for ourselves later.

What do you want for Christmas?

I would love a dog for Christmas, just a little one, but i need to convince the new landlord first.

What's on the menu?
I'll be spending Christmas Day in melbourne this year along with New Years, which i am excited about. We will probably go out for lunch to a lovely restaurant on Christmas Day with my parents and siblings, and then we'll meet up with my cousins, aunty and uncles and grandparents for dinner to eat more food, which my Nonna would have been preparing for days. It usually consists of antipasto platters, roast turkey, lasagne, oven-baked vegetables, chicken, seafood platters, fruit platters, and an abundance of desserts- there's enough to feed a small nation, really!

How do you decorate?
I'm very minimal when it comes to Christmas decorations, probably because I know the more I decorate the more has to be packed up after Christmas, and that really is never a lot of fun. However, my mother can get quite carried away (my poor father). Growing up, our house looked like a spaceship with clear fairy lights around the house and in the trees, and Santa's sleigh with illuminated reindeers on the roof. Inside, she would dress the front windows up like the Myer Christmas windows, and the staircase, let's just say that was unrecognisable.

What's so special about Christmas time?

It's the time of year when you get to meet up with friends and the whole family and spend quality time with them. My grandparents have a very strong faith so we are always reminded what Christmas is really about, which I think is important.

Favourite time of day?
Probably just sitting around the table talking and drinking some great wine (which my uncle Mike usually brings) with family and friends. That's usually how the day finishes. And, obviously, opening presents. Who doesn't enjoy that?

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

Posted by diissee

Whats On The Box This Week Worth Watching
Who Magazine
21-12-2007

http://i77.photobuck...rols/img161.jpg

#11 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Posted by janellehanna

Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, Sneak Preview
20 December 2007

With tickets now sold out to Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, Melburnians are being offered a unique opportunity to get a sneak preview of the show at the official rehearsal night.

This is a great chance to see the performers while they complete their final sound checks and rehearsals before their big appearance on Christmas Eve.

Ray Martin will play host to this year's star studded line up including Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, Ambassador Anthony Callea, The Choir of Hard Knocks, Natalie Gauci, Kate Ceberano, Rob Mills, Gorgi Quill, Denis Walter, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, Rachel Beck, Ian Stenlake, Jon Stevens and Hi 5, plus many more.

Vision Australia's CEO, Gerard Menses added, "Families are encouraged to come to rehearsal night and join in the fun, the magic and the spirit of generosity that has made Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight, synonymous with Christmas."

"Myer is very proud to be involved with Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight as the event celebrates its 50th year anniversary at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl," said Myer CEO Bernie Brookes.

Join us on Sunday 23 December (gates open at 4.00pm)at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Please note there is no reserved seating and no capacity to purchase tickets prior to the show. Event-goers can enter by making a $5 contribution at the gate when they arrive.

All proceeds raised from this event go towards enabling children who are blind or have low vision to access and participate in every part of life they choose.

Alternatively, if you are unable to come to rehearsal night, grab a picnic blanket and join us at Federation Square, Melbourne's meeting place, on Monday 24 December. Live entertainment starts at 7.00pm and Nine Network's live broadcast will be on the big screen from 9.00pm.

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Posted by Sue

The Hit List - Carols By Candlelight No 2
Herald Sun
20-12-2007

No 2 A Cracker Christmas

It's not Christmas without Carols By Candlelight. Join Ray on Christmas Eve on Channel 9 from 9pm with tunes from Anthony Callea, Marina Prior, Kate Ceberano, the Choir of Hard Knocks, the McClymonts and Hi5.

#13 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

Posted by Sue
With thanks Take it to the Heart

It's Spine Tingling
Herald Sun
18-12-2007

http://img85.imagesh...hdec2007vm6.jpg

#14 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Posted by diissee

Carols by Callea
TV Week
17-12-2007

http://tvweek.ninems....aspx?id=336716

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img156.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img157.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img158.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img155.jpg

Anthony Callea spoke to TV WEEK about performing in Carols By Candlelight and his favourite holiday moments.

What is your favourite Christmas present of all time?

A trampoline. My brother got a BMX bike, and it was downstairs under the Christmas tree, and I walked down there and there was no present for me. And I went, "Oh my God, where's my present?" and my mum said, "Didn't Santa bring you a present?" I was in tears and saying, "Matthew got a present and I didn't get one, what have I done wrong?" I was hysterical. Then Mum opened the living room curtains and there in the backyard was a huge trampoline.

As a kid, did you get dragged out to perform for everyone?

You could say that. I won't deny it. Christmas Eve, we'd all get together at my auntie and uncle's place. My brother used to play the guitar and my cousin used to jump on the piano and my other cousin used to jump on the clarinet and my other cousin used to jump on the violin, and we'd jam together. I'd sing the carols and we'd put on little family concerts.

Did you dream of doing Carols By Candlelight?

We watched it every year and I'm sure there was a part of me that wanted to be there. It's great now that I have all those memories of Christmas Eve when I was younger and watching it on the TV, and now I've got the opportunity to be up there and perform. I can't explain how good a feeling it is to get out on that stage and see that sea of candles. The first year I walked out there, the first song I had to sing was "The Prayer" and I had goosebumps.

When do you start to get in the Christmas mood?

When I'm frantically doing my last-minute Christmas shopping at midnight at Chadstone and there's no one around. That's probably when it starts to become real. I always leave it to the last minute, though. I used to get into it at the start of December when I used to do my Christmas cards, but I'm so slack now that I don't even do cards.

It's a bit of a mum thing to do, isn't it?

Yeah, my mum used to collect them and staple them onto ribbons and hang them on the top of the staircase. I know, really tacky, but she did. My mum actually gets into Christmas so much, it's not funny. Growing up, our whole house looked like a spaceship. My poor dad spent a month putting up lights, and we had illuminated reindeer on the roof with the sleigh, and the front windows looked liked the Myer Christmas windows!

Christmas decorations: understated or OTT?

My mother: OTT. If it was up to me, maybe a Christmas tree in the house.

Real or fake?

Neither. Lately, I've been seeing in homeware shops these white branches with lights on them. That's more of a contemporary, classy way to do Christmas decorations. I think I prefer that. Definitely not a real one because I'll just keep sneezing and the fake ones look a bit fake, obviously.

#15 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

Posted by fongo

Carols by Candlelight Advertisment
'The Melbourne Weekly'
17-12-2007

http://i24.photobuck.../anthcarols.jpg

#16 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Posted by Sue
With thanks janellehanna

Photo Of Anthony At Tina Arena's Concert
Sunday Herald Sun
30-12-2007

http://i237.photobuc...os/91068721.jpg

The caption to the photo reads -

Backstage gathering: Tina Arena's manager Bruce Pawsey, singer Anthony Callea and Arena's musical
director Paul Gray.

#17 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Posted by diissee

Free Carols Songbook
Herald Sun
16-12-2007

http://i77.photobuck...es/Songbook.jpg

'TIS the season for the Sunday Herald Sun to get into the Christmas spirit.

Don't miss your free songbook for the 70th Carols by Candlelight on Christmas Eve.

You can pick up your songbook when you buy today's Sunday Herald Sun.

If your newspaper is home delivered or you wish to collect your songbook from a different newsagent from where you bought your paper, simply present the token on this page.

This year's Carols by Candlelight stars include Anthony Callea, Denis Walter, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, Sophie Monk, the McClymonts, the Australian Girls and National Boys Choirs, Annabelle Priftis and Tommy Emmanuel, Rachel Beck and Ian Stenlake.

Proceeds from Carols by Candlelight go to Vision Australia's children's services.

You can watch the carols on Channel 9 from 9pm and use your free songbook to sing along at home.

More than 2.5 million people will watch the carols on TV.

More than 10,000 people are expected to gather at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

SONGBOOKS are available only from Victorian newsagents while stocks last.

Anthony Callea's Big Night

Its a great honour to be involved in Vision Australias Carols by Candlelight - Especially given the event is celebrating 70 spectacular years.

This will be the fourth time that I've officially performed at the event, but my involvement with Carols goes way back. As a kid, Christmas Eve was always a big night as it have me the chance to sing along and put on a show for my family.

Even though i have sung at many large events in the past few years, Im still very excited about stepping out onto the stage at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Nothing compares to looking out over a sea of smiling, candlelit faces. Theres a real sense of community at this event and the audience is so diverse. You're never too old to enjoy this gig!

Let's not forget that while Carols is a lot of fun, its also an important fundraiser for children who are blind or have low vision. In the past few years i have achieved quite a few of my dreams, so im happy to be involved in an event that is helping hundreds of children just like the Laws to attain their life goals.

On behalf of my fellow performers id like to wish you all the best for the festive season and 2008.

Get ready to sing your heart out on Christmas Eve!

#18 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Posted by diissee

Celebrities Join In Christmas Spirit
Herald Sun
15-12-2007

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img153.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img154.jpg

Anthony Callea (Singer)

"I will probably take the 4WD for a few weekend getaways in Victoria and spend some time down on the coast where my family spend time over the summer break -- and my sister can try to teach me how to catch a wave."

#19 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Posted by diissee

http://www.visionaus....aspx?page=1186

On the back of her heavily-criticised hosting of the AFI Awards Red Carpet Arrivals, Sophie Monk has pulled out of Nine's Carols by Candelight.

Surely a monumental loss to the musical fraternity and elves everywhere?

Her absence does allow for some truly talented singers to take to the stage, including Melbourne singer Eran James. This rising star is quite the singer, having recorded his current album in New York. He is currently touring with Elton John.

Shane Jacobsen, Magda Szubanski and the Today show's Georgi Quill and Divas Inc. have also been added.

Press Release:

Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight today announced that two more of Australia�s favourite performers, Shane Jacobson and Magda Szubanski, will be performing to a sell-out crowd at Melbourne �s Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Monday, December 24 at 9.00pm.

TODAY�S travel reporter, Gorgi Quill, will also delight viewers with her musical prowess.

Another drawcard performer confirmed to perform a festive favourite will be the soul-voiced Eran James, who is on tour with Elton John.

Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight, celebrating its 70th year this Christmas, will be officially launched on the TODAY show on Monday (December 17) at City Square.

Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight ambassador, Anthony Callea, will headline a spectacular lineup including two of Australia�s leading ladies of song, Marina Prior and Silvie Paladino; entertainer and 3AW announcer Denis Walter; and family favourites HI-5, Santa and Humphrey.

Under the baton of Musical Director John Foreman, other drawcards for this year�s Carols include Tommy Emmanuel, Kate Ceberano, Rachael Beck, Ian Stenlake, The McClymonts, The Choir of Hard Knocks, Divas Inc, Annabelle Priftis, The Australian Girls Choir, the National Boys Choir and the 226-strong Carols by Candlelight Choir conducted by Douglas Heywood, OAM.

Ray Martin returns to host his 18th year of Carols � one of the most watched programs on television.

Join in for Australia �s premier Christmas event:
Vision Australia �s Carols by Candlelight,
Monday, December 24 at 9.00pm on Channel Nine

#20 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Posted by diissee

Were You Paying Attention?