• 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Posted by diissee

Molly Meldrum Presents 50 Years Of Rock In Australia
Author Jeff Jenkins

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img146.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img147.jpg

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img149.jpg

Molly Meldrum has released a book, about whats moved and made history in the Australian Music Industry over the last 50 years, it was written by Jeff Jenkins for Molly Meldrum (Jeff Jenkins wrote Anthony Callea's Biography)

Included is a section about 'Australian Idol' which covers 6 pages., Anth is part of that. (hopefully in the next book....boy do we have to wait another 50 years.......I don't think I will still be here.. laugh.gif Anthony will be one of the main features like John Farnham.

He starts the section with " Love it or Hate it, Idol has been huge and its given us some tremendous talent." & in his Epilogue "Australian Idol has helped to create some genuine stars and its been great to have a music show for the whole family in Prime time."

In one of the 10 moments is "Anthony Sings The Prayer"

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Posted by Lea

Anthony Callea Sets the Record Straight
Couriermail
4-12-2007

http://www.news.com....5012980,00.html

IF Anthony Callea and Darren Hayes ever pair up for a duet - you heard it here first.

"I would love to do that. I might chase that up actually," said the ex-Idol, who found out yesterday that Darren is a big fan.

During an interview with Qconfidential earlier this year, ex-Logan boy Darren, who married boyfriend Richard Cullen last year, said he admired the way Anthony handled his public outing and admitted he was a fan of the Melbourne crooner.

"Did he really say that?," Anthony asked. "That's so nice. I think he's amazing. I would love (for us) to do something together. His new album is great."

As for his "outing", Anthony set the record straight on the incident involving Sydney radio traffic reporter Vic Lorusso who blabbed about Anthony's sexuality on air in March this year.

"It wasn't really an outing because I had come out to my parents when I was 20 years old," Anthony said. "I'm 24 now so it wasn't a huge secret."

Now out and proud, Anthony has another small hurdle to overcome: his singledom.

"I am officially single as of a week-and-a-half ago," said Ant, who has split with boyfriend of three years Paul. The pair met while Anthony was on Idol.

Of the split, Ant said only, "You know . . . s--t happens. It's onwards and upwards for me from here."

Maybe the pocket-sized heart-throb should seek out some mistletoe at the upcoming Carols by Candlelight at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, where he is set to make his fourth appearance.

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Posted by Lea and mucha

Prayer Answered
Townsville Bulletin
By JENNY O'REILLY
6-12-2007

http://www.townsvill...47_hpphoto.html

http://tools.townsvi...12/05/15255.jpg

http://tools.townsvi...12/05/15251.jpg

http://img453.images.../max0003ey1.jpg

THURINGOWA'S final Carols by Candlelight went out with a bang as thousands turned up to enjoy the festive spirit last night.

Families spread out picnic blankets and set up chairs on the grass at Riverway for the concert.

It was Thuringowa's last Carols before the city joins with Townsville next March.

But it was the first time in the city's history the event was staged on the Riverway Practice Oval.

Pop star Anthony Callea took to the stage about 7.30pm to the screams and cheers of the crowd.

Callea started with Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

"It's great to come up North," Callea told the screaming audience.

"I don't get to come up North that often and hopefully the rain holds off."

Callea told the crowd he would love to come back to Townsville for next year's Carols by Candlelight.

"But every time I come to Townsville it's bloody boiling," he said.

Temperatures hovered about 28 degrees with high humidity but despite looming clouds the rain held-off and the crowd stayed dry.

The highlight for the crowd was the performance of Callea's hit The Prayer.

Callea set the record for the highest-selling single and fastest-selling single in Australia for his debut song.

"I never get sick of it," he said.

"We do it differently every time."

The former Idol flew into the city just hours before the concert and will fly home today.

Besides the 2004 Australian Idol runner-up, local acts performed more than 30 carols while the crowd sang along from songbooks and giant screens.

Thuringowa's Christmas message was given by Townsville Baptist Church pastor Warren Crank.

Mayor Les Tyrell gave his Christmas message about 8pm.

Santa made a special guest appearance, arriving on a vintage fire truck.

Mr and Mrs Claus were swamped by children keen to pass on their Christmas wish-lists.

Kids from Rasmussen, Kirwan, Weir and Kelso state schools were in full voice during the night signing traditional Christmas carols and some Aussie favourites like Six White Boomers and Aussie Jingle Bells.

Local performing arts students danced and sang across the stage.

The Townsville Bulletin's glow candles tent did good business, raising donations for the Thuringowa Mayor's Christmas Appeal.

There are 13 local charities ready to distribute donations of money, food and toys to the less fortunate in the community.

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Posted by Deli
With thanks Diissee

Anthony To Lead Candlelight Gig, and named as Vision Australia's Official Ambassador
Herald Sun
11-11-2007

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img126.jpg

Anthony Callea will once again add to the magic of Carols by candlelight on Christmas Eve, with tickets on sale now.

Callea, 24 has been amabassador to the Vision Australia event for the past four years and said there was something special about the family filled crowd.

"The first year, just looking out at the crowd and seeing all the candles swaying in the air, I got goosebumps." he said.
Callea said he'd been waiting for the call hoping he would be asked to perform again this year.

Vision Australia is expecting a sell out crowd for the event.

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Posted by diissee

Natalie Gauci Joins An Impressive Lineup At Carols By, Candlelight inlcuding this years Ambassador, Anthony Callea

Natalie Gauci will join an impressive lineup of entertainers for Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight, live at 9.00pm, Monday, December 24 on Channel Nine.

With her single Here I Am debuting at number two on the singles chart after only three days of sales, Gauci is set to ignite the audience with her debut Carols performance.

As Carols by Candlelight celebrates its 70th year Gauci, 26, will take centre stage at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl to perform festive favourites at Australia�s annual Christmas Eve celebration that has become a much loved family event.

Ray Martin will host Carols by Candlelight, his 18th year of involvement with one of the most watched Christmas programs on television.

Despite a month of career triumphs, Gauci says that performing at Carols by Candlelight will be a career dream come true.

�I�ve dreamt of performing at Carols by Candlelight since I was a little girl and to be alongside so many esteemed Australian performers is an absolute thrill,� she said.

�I can�t wait to be on stage seeing all the candles as friends, family and strangers all come together in what is such a happy time of year.�

Under the baton of Musical Director, John Foreman, sharing the stage with Gauci will be an all-star lineup including this year�s Vision Australia Carols by Candlelight ambassador Anthony Callea along with regulars Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, and Denis Walter. Other performers include Tommy Emmanuel, Kate Ceberano, Annabelle Priftis, Sophie Monk, Rob Mills, Rachael Beck, Ian Stenlake and The Choir of Hard Knocks.

Join in for Australia�s premier Christmas event: Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight, Monday, December 24 at 9.00pm on Channel Nine

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Posted by diissee

The Choir of Hard Knocks will perform at Channel Nine's Carols by Candlelight.

The ABC-based choir is one of the real success stories of 2007.

On top of its acclaimed TV season, the performances by the group of disadvantaged has enjoyed sellout, standing-ovation concerts in Melbourne and Sydney.

It also won an ARIA Award for Best Soundtrack / Cast / Show album.

Other performers this year will be Anthony Callea, Sophie Monk, Marina Prior, Sylvie Paladino, The McClymounts, Ian Stenlake and Rachel Beck. Ray Martin again hosts. Carols by Candlelight airs at 9pm Christmas Eve on Nine.

It will be preceded by a repeat of Shrek the Halls.

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Posted by Lea

Q&A - Anthony Callea
Townsville Bulletin
By CHRIS QUAGLIATA
1-12-2007

http://www.townsvill...ertainment.html

Australian superstar Anthony Callea has blazed a name for himself since becoming runner-up in Australian Idol. To cap off a big year of touring, opera performances and his first stage musical in Perth, Anthony will sing at the Townsville Bulletin Thuringowa Carols by Candlelight next Wednesday. We spoke to the veteran of four Melbourne carols about the difference between acting and singing on stage and just what he loves so much about Carols by Candlelight.

What have you been up to in Perth? You've been in Rent, I believe?

Yeah, we've been doing the musical Rent alongside Tim Campbell and Nikki Webster. It's the first musical I've ever done so I was a little bit nervous at the start and probably still am every time I get out there. But sometimes it's great to jump out of your comfort zone a little bit and do something different. I've never acted before and I've never done a stage show before so it was completely new territory for me, especially at the start. I virtually had to learn my character and everything in two-and-a-half weeks because I couldn't make it to Perth any sooner. But it's been great so far and I've learnt so much from it which is really good. I don't know yet whether I want to pursue musical theatre but at this stage I wouldn't mind doing both, a bit of my own stuff plus stage stuff as well.

Is it a different preparation or a different headspace you've got to get in to?

Totally. I'm used to getting out on stage or doing what I do and being me and saying what I want to say and interacting with the crowd and every night being different and that's what I actually love about what I do. So this time around I have to have a lot of discipline because I have to stay in character for the whole time that I'm on stage and I have to not be Anthony Callea, I have to be Mark and I have to think the way he would think and I have to act the way he would act. Yeah, It's completely different and you can't interact with the crowd and when the audience laughs or responds to certain lines, you can't respond to that, you can't grin. That's probably the hardest thing about doing a musical theatre production.

Have you developed more of an interest in acting? Is it still something that's on the cards?

Yeah but I would have to really work hard at it. If I was going to take it any further I would probably have to go and do some acting classes and so forth because it doesn't come naturally for me. It's something that I'm definitely interested in if the right role came up and it worked for me.

I guess it's just all part of the rollercoaster ride that's been your life since Idol?

Yeah, I suppose. Just tick another box!

So you're doing Carols by Candlelight in Thuringowa, are you looking forward to that?

I always love a good Carols. That's why I've done the Melbourne one for the last four years in a row and I'm doing it again this year. So yeah, when they asked me to do the Townsville one I said yeah definitely. I've heard it's massive, I've actually got a friend who grew up in Townsville and her family still live in Townsville and they said it's a massive event and so many people come out to it. It's just a really great night and, I know from experience from the Melbourne one, it's one of those nights where everyone just gets along, everyone's there to have a great time and there's just a really good feeling in the air.

Is it a night you share with a crowd rather than just perform for them?

Definitely, you're sharing it with everyone on stage, all your co-performers and so forth. It's great to get out there. It's one of those nights when no one's really competing with each other and no one gives a crap who's there and who's not there and who you are and who you think you are. You know Carols is one of those nights where you're there to get along and everyone has a great time. It's just sharing the spirit of what Christmas is really about.

What are you going to be working on heading into the New Year?

I start working on my third album early next year which is great. I don't know exactly what we're doing yet! The last year I haven't really stopped with It Takes Two and then I went on tour and then I did an opera production in Sydney, Dead Man Walking, so that took up a good month after my tour. I did 18 shows on my tour and now I'm in Perth and I've been here for the last five weeks so I'm actually looking forward just to getting back home and just chilling out and working on my album and then hopefully releasing it a few months after that. So I'll be concentrating on that which is really, really good.

Do feel like you're a bit more in your element when you're in the studio?

I'm more in my element when I'm on stage. As much as I love working in a studio and recording, after a while it's not real, you know? I love getting out on stage and interacting with a crowd and knowing that every night can be completely different. You can change it up on stage if you want to and you respond to what the crowd wants, you can just play it by ear. Whereas I'm not the most disciplined person, that's probably why I get really frustrated at times when I'm working in a studio.

So people can expect an exciting Carols being that you've been so starved of crowd interaction?

Hopefully, hopefully they all get into it in Townsville! I want to see those candles in the air waving and everybody getting into it and singing at the top of their lungs because that's what you're supposed to do at Carols.

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

Posted by Sue

Annabelle By Candlelight
Herald Sun
28-11-2007

Melbourne schoolgirl Annabelle Priftis has joined the line-up of Nine's Carols by Candlelight. A year-8 student at Korowa Anglican Girls School, Annabelle, 14, is an accomplished singer and songwriter who is making a name for herself in a competitive entertainment world. Other performers at the carols will include Anthony Callea, Marina Prior, Tommy Emmanuel, Silvie Paladino, Rachel Beck and Ian Stenlake.

Joining Anthony are Denis Walter, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, Sophie Monk, The McClymonts and the Australian Girls and National Boys Choirs, plus many other distinguished musicians and artists who will each donate their Christmas Eve to Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight to perform much-loved Christmas Carols.

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Posted by diissee

Matt Corby's Loss Bring Tour de Force
26-11-2007

AUSTRALIAN Idol runner-up Matt Corby is determined to make the most of his shock defeat at the Opera House on Sunday night.

The 17-year-old Sydney boy says he'll shy away from singing covers from now on in the hope he can get his original music heard as much as possible. Fans will get their first sampling early next year, when Matt joins Natalie Gauci on the national Winners' Journey tour.

It could be bad news for those hoping to hear one of Matt's Idol numbers but them's the breaks says the singer-songwriter, who will get a 45-minute warm-up slot on the bill.

"Of course I have enough songs (to fill 45 minutes)," Matt told Qconfidential. "That's what artists do, mate. That's what I've been doing since I was 14."

Natalie picked up the prized record deal but Sony BMG, which has a 30-day window to exercise their option on Matt, will almost certainly swoop on the baby-faced crooner who was the favourite to win. One of the most marketable singers the show has produced, Matt can take heart in an Idol trend that has seen the runner-up out-sell the winner.

Shannon Noll did it in season one and Anthony Callea did it again in season two. Network Ten, meanwhile, failed to hit a ratings high note, pulling in 1.41 million viewers, a huge drop from the 3.3 million who tuned in back in 2004. In fact, the Idol finale was out-rated by Channel Seven's evening news, the most-watched program of the day.

A tip for next year, shorten the broadcast. Some viewers told Qconfidential they were so frustrated by the long-winded ceremony they simply switched off.

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

Posted by livie
With thanks mairanya

RENT NOT TO BE MISSED
Musical: Rent
Yellow Glass/Eventainment
Regal Theatre
Review: William Yeoman

http://i7.photobucke...va/img014-1.jpg

Asked to summarise the story of his future Pulitzer prize-winning rock musical in one sentence, Jonathan Larson said: "Rent is about a community celebrating life, in the face of death and AIDS, at the turn of the century." On January 25th, 1996, the night before Rent's first preview, Larson died from an aortic aneurysm. He was only 35.

New WA production company Eventainment seems to have taken Larson's carpe diem message - in both an artistic and personal sense - to heart. This is the third major production this year after the enormously successful Hair and a witty, stylish adaptation of the Marriage of Fiagro. Judging by the strength of this production in virtually every department, there seems to be no stopping this company next year.

Rent takes Puccini's opera La Boheme and transposes it to modern-day New York's East Village. Instead of tuberculosis raging through the bohemian population, its AIDS.

The action takes place within the space of a year, beginning and ending on Christmas Eve, and follows the fortunes of young filmmaker Mark, whose girlfriend Maureen has left him for a woman, Joanne; the rock singer Roger, who falls in love with Mimi; and Collins, who meets and falls in love with a cross-dressing street drummer Angel.

These last 4 are HIV positive. Complicating their lives in varying degrees is Benny, the bohemian turned property developer.

The cast is a strong one. Anthony Callea is perfect as the somewhat detached Mark, the observer with the camera who cannot help but be caught up in life. Tim Campbell brings a stubborn meloncholy to Roger, while Jaya Henderson makes it quite explicit that Mimi is as unbalanced psychologically as she is physically.

Nikki Webster as the fickle Maureen is extraordinary. Her Over the Moon is a real tour-de-force; by contrast, Joanne's strength of character is solidly delineated by Sharon Wisniewski. Shai Yammanee as Collins and Andrew Conaghan as Benny, both so good in Fiagro, again show their adaptness at strong characterisations.

Ultimately, however its Shane Janek's doomed Angel that steals the show - a dazzling glitter-ball of energy and high camp.

The ensemble is likewise excellent, there is not a weak link among them, and the band, led by music director Simon Halt, lends solid support throughout. Artistic director Chris Kabay has done a marvellous job with the production, playing with visual puns and Christian iconography in order to enrich what is an already powerful emotional experience. This is everything not just a musical, but an opera, should be. Don't miss it.

Rent runs until November 25.

#31 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Posted by pearl

The Highs and Lows of Rent
www.gayinwa.com.au
By Gavin McGuren
10-11-2007

http://www.gayinwa.c...n...&Itemid=261

Opening Night Images:

http://img457.images...98894102iq6.jpg

http://img230.images...21004628sb4.jpg

http://img230.images...75284846gn0.jpg

http://img457.images...41620041yc1.jpg

http://img230.images...60167657ai0.jpg

http://img230.images...59747068rq3.jpg

http://img230.images...86974165iz3.jpg

There was a huge buzz about the opening night of Rent at the Regal Theatre in Subi, not the least among an army of teenage girls who turned out to see Anthony Callea. Obviously coming out has done nothing to dent his popularity. Take note Hollywood.

My greatest fear was that a melange of bad American accents would detract from the performances, however as it turned out I barely noticed them, even though most of them seemed to originate a long way from New York.

It was a strong cast, putting trained and experienced musical theatre students with Aussie Idol finalists and pop stars, the latter obviously brought in for star appeal. While Anthony Callea and Nikki Webster gave it their all, their lack of theatrical training did show in their enunciation of the lyrics, and Webster struggled to be convincing in her role as a street-wise bi girl involved in a stormy romance with a strong lesbian character.

Shane Jenek, aka Courtenay Act, fared much better in his somewhat over-the-top role as drag queen, Angel, but the star of the show was Home & Away regular Tim Campbell. His powerful voice and years of theatrical experience really shone through, while the musical accompaniment was never less than top-notch.

The problems that the production presents largely come down to the direction. A little restraint in the vocal performances would go a long way to creating some pathos, for example, and a less Priscilla-inspired look for Jenek would be more in keeping with New York in the Nineties. While the simplicity of the set worked in the production's favour, the lighting was something of a disappointment.

If you're tossing up whether to see rent, I'd vote go. In the end it was a highly enjoyable experience, even if at times it came across more as an excellent amateur show than a professional production.

#32 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Posted by diissee

Day At The Races New Picture, Ascot Races Perth
6-11-2007

http://i77.photobuck.../AscotRaces.jpg

Enjoying a day off from RENT rehearsals, Campbell spent Melbourne Cup day at Ascot Racecourse with his Rent co-stars Anthony Callea and Nikki Webster.

#33 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

Posted by lea

Face-to-Face with Contestant 1472
By Terry Larder,OIP Staff
5-11-2007

Terry Larder comes face-to-face with-

On a cold, bleak and windy Friday afternoon, (unseasonable for October and especially unreasonable for Pride month), I entered Subi Hotel, at the agreed time of 1pm. My distinguishing mark was a battered, sun-bleached UWA cap. Amid office workers celebrating the boss's retirement, patrons chattering away in an endless spiral of noise; ladies of an advanced vintage seeking shelter from the relentless wind, I came face to face with 1472!

His face was exactly how I had wanted it to look, unadorned, tanned and fresh as any 24 year-old Adonis could look. The CD cover was right, here was gorgeous personified, for the face belonged to Anthony Callea or as I had greeted him with my welcoming hand-shake, "Hello 1472!" (1472 was the number he wore on his jeans for his first Australian Idol audition).

This year has been somewhat of a rollercoaster for Callea. In the past he had previously denied being gay and refused to discuss his personal life. Despite the denials, the rumour mill on his sexuality was in overdrive. Regardless, he sailed through the competition, eventually finishing in second place.

But it became make or break time when in March this year, an accidental on-air 'outing' by radio announcer Vic Larusso of Sydney radio station Edge 96.1 mentioned that he had met Anthony and his partner Paul at a party the previous weekend. He later claimed that he didn't realise Callea's sexuality was not common public knowledge. To Callea's credit, he came out publicly and also apologised to his fans on his web site for not having previously done so, Three days later, Australian High Court judge Justice Michael Kirby described Callea as an 'admirable Australian' for coming out. Callea later expressed regret, for his earlier denial explaining that 'I guess I just didn't want to be judged as 'the gay contestant' in the 2004 Idol series'.

The media frenzy that surrounded the outing has long gone however, as Callea explained "After that process of coming out, I have now put that all behind me to concentrate on the things that I enjoy most, and that is singing. I have now never felt happier or more contented, and I can now look forward to the demands of future projects'.

This month WA fans will be able to touch base with their idol, as he will be playing the coveted lead role of Mark in the Yellow Glass Theatre production of Rent at Subiaco's Regal Theatre. "I've always enjoyed the freedom of performing on stage, singing my songs and doing covers of others, so now to play the lead role in a musical, it's a bit like 'Walking the Tightrope' "he said.

The new role isn't without its challenges, with Callea confiding that, The acting demands in this production are huge! The other day, director Chris Kabay and I went line by line over each song as a way of understanding the piece and yet in my head I was somehow tinkering with the idea, now what would Mark be thinking right now?! Songs have to be sung in the key in which they were written, phrased accordingly, and yet still I have to remember lighting cues, stage blocking, conductor cues and then more importantly, sing songs that somehow reach out and hold the audience's attention!

With a cast line up that also includes Tim Campbell, Nikki Webster and the glamour gal seen everywhere in Perth recently, the delicious Shane Jenek (Courtney Act), this one-off Perth-only production is sure to be one helluva show. At this stage however, there is unfortunately nothing in the wind about recording a cast album, (definitely a missed opportunity I think).

As one door shuts another opens though, so new projects including working/or duet with Natalie Bassingthwaighte (Rogue Traders) were hinted at, so stay tuned when Callea returns to the recording studio in 2008 for his third and most eagerly anticipated album.

Rent is showing at the Regal Theatre from November 9. Tickets available through Ticketek, www.ticketek.com

http://www.outinpert...date=2007-11-15

#34 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Posted by diissee

Talkback Tvweek - Rant On Idol Issues
Readers letter - Where's the "It" Factor of Past

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img127.jpg

#35 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Posted by the_voice

Andrea Bocelli - 'Vivere - The Best of Andrea Bocelli'
The first ever collection of greatest hits from the worlds best-selling tenor.
By Sonj
30-10-2007

Anthony Callea hit the big time with �The Prayer� a couple of years ago, but I venture to guess that not many teenybopper Australian Idol viewers who bought his version had heard the original, much less knew who sung it. The majestic duet between Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion soars to such glorious heights that it is literally breathtaking, a truly transcending experience. But it�s just one of the highlights on �Vivere � The Best of Andrea Bocelli�, the first ever collection of greatest hits from the worlds best-selling tenor.

Already a superstar in Italy, Bocelli was catapulted onto the world stage in 1996 when he performed a duet with Sarah Brightman, �Time to Say Goodbye�, (also included on the album). You may not know it by name but trust me everyone has heard this song before, especially if you�ve seen the movie �Blades of Glory�. He has gone on to sell over 55 million albums worldwide, over 1.5 million of which were sold in Australia, and record duets with some of the music industry�s brightest stars.

In 1999 Bocelli became the first classical artist to be nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy in 38 years and his duet with Dion, used in the animated film, �The Quest for Camelot�, won the Golden Globe for best song and was nominated for an Oscar. He�s recorded six operas, sung a duet with Elmo on Sesame Street, and even Pavarotti once claimed, �He is better than me. I can�t do any better�.

Featuring 16 tracks from his smash hit albums, the deluxe edition of �Vivere� also comes with his DVD concert at the Statue of Liberty, so if you were thinking Christmas present, there�s even more bang for your buck.

Bocelli isn�t for everyone, but if you�re into Il Divo or Josh Groban, or your mum is, try listening to the man they all want to be like. Groban and the Il Divo boys may be cute� but they don�t got nothin� on Andrea Bocelli

#36 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Posted by In*Bed*With_Anthony*

Sexiest Men Alive 2007 Poll
DNA Magazine
November Issue, 2007

20 - Anthony Callea
19 - Colin Farrell
18 - Benjamin Hart (Neighbours)
17 - Levi Poulter (DNA model)
16 - Scott McGregor (Temptation model)
15 - Chad White (DNA model)
14 - Tom Welling
13 - Channing Tatum (up & coming actor)
12 - Cameron Byrnes (DNA model / personal trainer)
11 - Justin Theroux (actor)
10 - Josh Duhamel (actor)
09 - Marco Dapper actor)
08 - Ryan Phillippe
07 - David Beckham
06 - Brad Pitt
05 - Matthew McConaughey
04 - Wentworth Miller
03 - Hugh Jackman
02 - Jake Gyllenhaal
01 - Chris Evans (actor)

#37 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Posted by remus

Eye On Idol - Episode 4
Natalie Gauci interview with Anthony Callea

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dw4omcudfz

#38 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Posted by diissee

Which Five People, Living or Dead Would You Like to Have a Tea Party With?
Famous Magazine
November, 2007 Issue

Here is a big question and the answers from the 5 remaining Idol's.
Natalie Gauci's answer;

http://i77.photobuck...cles/img124.jpg

#39 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Posted by AnthonyRocksMyWorld05

*2007 Perth Telethon Images Only
Anthony Callea and Telethon Child, Bridget Gilmour

http://i71.photobuck...getAnthony4.jpg

http://i71.photobuck...getAnthony3.jpg

http://i71.photobuck...getAnthony1.jpg

http://i71.photobuck...dgetAnthony.jpg

http://i71.photobuck...getAnthony2.jpg

#40 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Posted by diissee

Get Rent
Perth Now
18-10-2007

http://www.news.com....5005364,00.html

http://www.news.com....,5708770,00.jpg

THE worldwide smash hit musical Rent is in Perth this November.

Starring Anthony Callea, Tim Campbell, Nikki Webster, Shane Jenek (Courtney Act) and Andrew Conaghan along with some of Perth's finest musical theatre performers.

Directed by Chris Kabay with musical direction by Simon Holt, Rent provides a scorchingly hot modern take on Puccini's La Boheme and is considered the greatest rock musical of modern times. This stirring musical centres on a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York City's Bohemian East Village.

Rent has been the winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, the Obie Award, the New York Drama Critics Circle Award, four Tony Awards and three Drama Desk Awards and is one of the longest running Broadway musicals of all time.

From 9 November 2007
Regal Theatre, Subiaco, WA
Perth tickets are available from August 16 through TICKETEK on 132 849 or ticketek.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users