• 1,985 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

Posted by Seehorse

WATCH: Anthony Reveals Which Hollywood Star He Almost Ran Over
Take40
5-1-2012

http://www.take40.co...almost-ran-over

http://i44.tinypic.com/14vqjpg.jpg

Singing sensation Anthony Callea stopped by for a quick chat with us last month, and performed his new single 'Oh Oh Oh Oh.'

He has been travelling back and forth from America for a while now, and we wanted to know -- what has been his favourite 'only in America' moment?

Anthony revealed a surprising encounter with one of the Glee cast, in which he almost ran the star over!

He said: "We nearly ran over Jane Lynch... she was walking across the pedestrian crossing and then she changed her mind... we had to slam on the brakes."

"It would've been a great story if we did run her over and not hit her."

Not sure you can run someone over without hitting them Anthony...

Check out the full chat below (where he also admits to a nearly naked incident) PLUS check out an exclusive performance of his latest track 'Oh Oh Oh Oh' and a cover of Rihanna's 'S&M.' Boy's got killer pipes, that's for sure!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Posted by Zia

Latin Lends Fun to Festival
The Canberra Times
Claire Low
2-2-2012

http://www.canberrat...al/2441193.aspx

While Anthony Callea loves a lot of things about singing for a living - having ARIA awards sitting atop his piano, for one - there is something he doesn't like: starring in music videos.

''I feel self-conscious,'' he said, laughing. ''Making love to the camera for eight hours is a bit abnormal. It's not right. I'm sure it helps if you're blond and blue-eyed.''

That's not to say Callea isn't proud of who he is - certainly not a blue-eyed blond, but a man in touch with his Italian roots.

His favourite things about his background are that ''there's always food and there's always family''.

Callea, a great fan of diversity, is to perform as the headline act at the opening night of this year's National Multicultural Festival on February 10.

''Why not celebrate multiculturalism? It's a positive thing,'' he said.

''All walks of life should come together and celebrate being who they are, their backgrounds and the things they've taken with them.''

For the festival, Callea will perform with his full band in what will be his first outdoor concert in Canberra.

Songs will be a mix of original hits of his own and others performed over the years to a great crowd response.

Given his tight schedule, he won't have much of a chance to enjoy the festival.

''[But] if between the sound check and the gig I can fit in some paella, I will.''

At the moment, the Melbourne performer of dance and pop music is working on new material in Los Angeles.

''If you're doing it independently and you're driving it all, it comes from a different place. Sometimes that's scary.

''I'm doing the music that feels right at this time in my life.''

He won't divulge much about the project, but he did drop a few names. He has worked with electronic music guru Paul Mac, and Matt Morris, who wrote for Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake.

What he's hoping Canberrans will get out of his performance is, quite simply, a great time.

''I want everyone to come along and just enjoy the set I'm going to do with my band, and walk away with a smile. I definitely will be.''

Catch Anthony Callea on opening night of the National Multicultural Festival on February 10 at Garema Place from 7.30pm. The concert is free.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Posted by Lea
with thanks Diissee

A Chorus Line is a $3m Box-Office Smash
Sunday Herald Sun
Catherine Lambert
5-2-2012

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226262736767

http://i42.tinypic.com/fp6rsm.jpg

THE buzz in Melbourne is so strong for A Chorus Line that the show has almost sold out.

As it opened last night to a celebrity-filled audience, producer Tim Lawson said the show was the most successful he had staged in Australia.

"I'm extremely happy with the box office takings that amount to $3 million in advance sales alone - the strongest advance I've ever had for a show," Mr Lawson said.

"We've sold close to 40,000 tickets and I expect to announce this week that it will be a sold-out season."

He expected to also announce that the show's short five-week season at Her Majesty's Theatre would be extended before it travelled to Singapore at the end of April.

"Being sold out will be frustrating for people, so there is an option to extend that I'll be talking about in a few days," he explained.

Mr Lawson, who regards Melbourne as home, praised the city for its enduring love of theatre and the arts.

"I have never experienced a buzz like this before, or such anticipation," he said.

"It is very special and exciting for me and the whole cast because we feel a great affinity with Melbourne."

Early concerns that the 1975 show would seem dated to modern audiences soon passed when he saw how quickly people responded to the music and the personal, heartfelt stories of the characters: "A Chorus Line is one of those rare treasures and it's a masterpiece that is a joy from beginning to end."

When the show opened on Broadway in 1975, it was unlike any other, presenting a raw, behind-the-scenes look at the gruelling but rewarding experiences of theatrical dancers.

Among the celebrities who attended last night's opening night was Brynne Edelsten, who was there to support the show's lead, Josh Horner.

Horner had infamously described Edelsten as a "bedazzled sack of potatoes" when he judged her appearance on Dancing with the Stars, but Ms Edelsten was full of praise for him last night.

"I can't wait to see the show. I'm very excited," she said. "Josh and I are actually very good friends, I took some flowers backstage before and wished him well."

Other faces at last night's opening included Steve Vizard, Eddie Perfect, Nick Bracks, Kate Langbroek, William McInnes, Anthony Callea, Chrissie Swan and Jane Hall.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Posted by Lea

Colour and Movement, the Festival is Launched
CityNews, Canberra
8-2-2012

http://citynews.com....al-is-launched/

http://i39.tinypic.com/28aoqc5.jpg

THE National Multicultural Festival was officially launched today with Latin dance and African drums.

About 200,000 people are expected to attend the three-day festival that opens on Friday with a concert headlined by Anthony Callea.

The festival’s biggest event, Saturday’s Food and Dance Spectacular will this year feature a record 330 stalls.

Sunday’s program will take in Greek Glendi, Chinese New Year Celebrations and the Citizens Advice Bureau ACT’s Contact Canberra event, with double the amount of stalls from last year.

A new addition to the festival is the Sanctuary Zone for parents and children, which will feature a children’s parade, activities, bike and pram parking and an adult pampering area.

More information at multiculturalfestival.com.au
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Posted by Lea

National Multicultural Festival 2012
Out in Canberra
Megan Studman
8-2-2012

http://www.outincanb...berracitycentre

http://i43.tinypic.com/17twzm.jpg

The National Multicultural Festival returns to Canberra this weekend. Sample some of the world’s most mouth-watering cuisines whilst enjoying vibrant displays of arts, music and dance.

Over three days, cultural groups from the region will come together to celebrate their heritage and traditions with the wider community. Acclaimed Australian performers Anthony Callea and Troy Cassar-Daley will be making appearances and promise to keep crowds entertained.

More than 150 free events will take place over the weekend, including local favourites: The Food and Dance Spectacular, Indigenous Showcase, Europe Street and Chinese New Year in the City.

This year will also see the introduction of several exciting new initiatives, including a secure bicycle parking area and a Sanctuary Precinct – a perfect retreat for families, young children and seniors amidst the dynamic event.

Festival hours:

Friday February 10 – 4.30pm to midnight (Launch @ 7.15pm)
Saturday February 11 – 10am to midnight
Sunday February 12 – 10am to 5pm

The annual festival attracts thousands to the nation’s capital and is an event not to be missed!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Posted by Lea

Multicultural Festival Kicks off in Canberra
www.abc.net.au
Penny McLintock
10-2-2012

http://www.abc.net.a...186?section=act

It is a kaleidoscope of colour, culture, cuisine and creativity and this year's National Multicultural Festival in Canberra is set to be the biggest yet.

More than 200,000 people are expected to flock to the capital's city centre over the weekend for the annual celebration of multiculturalism.

The 16th festival features a record 350 stalls representing almost every nation.

Four stages and three platforms have been set up for entertainment, with tonight's opening concert starring Australian singer Anthony Callea.

The food and dance spectacular on Saturday and Sunday will include an Indigenous showcase, Carnivale, Turkish bazaar, Greek glendi, Indian display and Chinese New Year celebrations.

Festival project manager Jancye Winter says more than 300 groups and 70 diplomatic missions are involved.

"When you bring food and dance together, you find all of the community works very hard together. We see this particularly at this time of the year, that all of the community groups are working very cooperatively together," she said.

"By going around the stalls you will see the real diversity of all of the cultures here. It's a true celebration of Canberra's diversity."

Ms Winter says many of the visitors and entertainers travel from interstate and overseas.

"The festival brings in so many visitors and has an impact across not only accommodation but many of the tourist outlets, and indeed the shops in Civic enjoy a boost in retail because we bring people right into the heart of the city centre," she said.

Festival ambassador Wolfgang Blass immigrated to Australia from Germany in the 1960s, establishing the well-known Wolf Blass winery in South Australia's Barossa Valley.

He says the festival helps bring different sections of the communities together.

"We have to live together, we have to learn to live together and this multicultural event is going to bring people together," he said.

"Let's hope we all, in a united way, have a good time and enjoy the food that each culture is going to present."

Mr Blass says Australia is a lucky country that has come a long way.

"We are now a society entering a leisurely lifestyle," he said.

"Politically we don't have any big problems. There is no unrest in this country. We have a very strong sporting mind and it is important that we are free and have a strong democracy."
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Posted by Lea

Whitney Houston Found Dead in a Hotel Bath
Herald Sun
Cameron Adams and Siobhan Duck
13-2-2012

http://www.courierma...o-1226269222014

MUSIC legend Whitney Houston had been partying heavily only hours before she was found dead in a hotel bath.

The troubled superstar, 48, was seen drinking and talking loudly with friends at a hotel bar not long before a member of her entourage discovered her unconscious in the tub and called for help.

Paramedics tried for 20 minutes to resuscitate Houston, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Houston's stunned mother, Cissy, said she spoke to the singer only half an hour before she died and she "seemed fine".

The pair even made plans to attend a pre-Grammy Awards party together later in the day.

Instead, Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson will perform a tribute to Houston at the Grammys today.

Although there were no obvious signs of criminal activity, police are investigating Houston's death.

A multiple Grammy-winner and star of the hit movie The Bodyguard, Houston's stellar career was marred in more recent years by drug addiction, erratic behaviour and a turbulent marriage to singer Bobby Brown.

Describing herself as her own "worst enemy", the fallen diva was on the cusp of a comeback with a new film due for release and a possible mentoring role on the TV series The X Factor.

A squeaky-clean darling of the pop world in the 1980s, Houston's personal and professional life began unravelling by the end of the 1990s.

In a 2002 tell-all interview with Diane Sawyer, Houston confessed she and then-husband Brown used marijuana, cocaine and prescription drugs together.

She denied they were crack addicts saying: "Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight, OK? We don't do crack. We don't do that. Crack is whack."

Houston explained her drug abuse as "partying" that had got out of hand.

"I am not self-destructive," Houston said.

"I'm a person who has life, and wants to live."

Houston's 1997 and 2010 tours of Australia were marred by unhappy fans claiming her vocal performance was substandard.

Singer Anthony Callea, Houston's support act in 2010, shot down any suggestion of drug use or trouble.

"Despite her reported personal turmoil in recent years, backstage she wasn't the diva at all," he said.

"She completely made us feel part of the tour."

Houston's Aussie tour promoter Andrew McManus said: "I'm as shocked as anybody. There was no sign of drug use or any indication at all she was on drugs.

"The most illicit thing she had was a glass of champagne. It's devastating."

McManus said he spoke to Houston after she received bad reviews for her first Australian concerts.

"Whitney said to me, 'God's got my back. If that's what people want to think about me, let them'," he said.

Life-long Houston fan, Jamie Campbell followed her around Australia in 2010 and said her performances were "far from a train wreck".

"The true fans will remember her for her amazing voice and nothing else," he said.

Brown reportedly is devastated by Houston's death.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Posted by jojop72

Idol Worship for Charity
Melbourne Weekly
20-2-2012

http://www.melbourne...ty/2461207.aspx

http://i43.tinypic.com/11ilvef.jpg

IT'S been a while since singer Anthony Callea was in primary school, but he was happy to join the Chatham Primary School choir for a special performance, all in the name of charity.

The Surrey Hills students performed at the Ronald McDonald House Valentine Breakfast with proceeds going to support the Monash and Parkville houses. The charity provides a bed for more than 45,000 nightly guests each year while their child receives hospital care.

“That’s 45,000 nights that [parents] would otherwise have spent sleeping in the wards at the hospitals, staying in expensive hotels, travelling long distances each day, or worse, sleeping in the car just to be close to a child,” says Jennifer North, executive officer of Ronald McDonald House Monash.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Posted by Lea

Callea Rumblings
AuspOp
28-2-2012

http://auspop.blogsp..._medium=twitter

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ls8fva.jpg

We've heard rumblings that fans of Anthony Callea might be getting their mitts on brand new music from the Melbourne-based singer a little sooner than they expected.
Though nothing official has been confirmed at this stage, we hear on the grapevine that a new tune may be dropping in the not-too-distant future.
More details are expected soon, but as always, we'll do our best to ensure that you won't be the last to know.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

Posted by jojop72

Wine, Food AND Song in Noosa this May
Mysunshinecoast.com.au
1-3-2012

http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au

Jessica Mauboy, Anthony Callea, Jane Rutter and Sneaky Sound System are just some of the world-class entertainment names joining internationally applauded S. Pellegrino chefs and renowned wine makers for the Noosa International Food & Wine Festival from May 17 to 20. With a new, greatly expanded entertainment program, the Festival is now the don’t-miss event for lovers of great food, wine and music.

The Festival kicks off with Australian queen of flute, Jane Rutter, the Queensland Arts Orchestra and maestro Guy Noble for The Cook, the Chef and The Orchestra launch event, also featuring Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant, on the Thursday night. The Gala Concert and Dinner includes a pre-dinner cocktail party for an exclusive meet’ n’ greet with the performers plus a sumptuous 4 course dinner with matching wines following the concert. Concert only tickets are also available. Friday night’s Festival party is going to be BIG, starring ARIA award winners- the fabulous pop goddess Jessica Mauboy and the sensational Anthony Callea, supported by local six piece band Pocketlove. Let’s just say – bring your dancing shoes.

Saturday night continues the party vibe on the main stage with the sassy Martini Club for some afternoon delight followed by the retro queens of the beehive, the Fabulous Singlettes and their harmonized take on the hits of the sixties and seventies. It doesn’t stop there. The Festival final night ends on a high with electro pop giants of dance music, Sneaky Sound System featuring Miss Connie and Black Angus entertaining the crowds with X Factor favourites, Audio Vixen, adding support.

Events Queensland CEO John O’Sullivan said events like the Noosa International Food & Wine Festival cement the Sunshine Coast’s reputation as a premier event destination. “The Noosa International Food & Wine Festival is an important event on the Sunshine Coast calendar, with more than 26,000 people attending the event last year,” said Mr O’Sullivan. “And this year, the festival is expanding into the Sunshine Coast hinterland, showcasing more of the region to a national and international audience.

“Events like this are vital to building resilience within the tourism industry, with the Noosa International Food & Wine Festival joining a number of events for the Sunshine Coast including the Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain IronMan Series and IronWoman Series, Noosa Festival of Surfing, Mooloolaba Triathlon Festival, Maleny Wood Expo, Noosa Triathlon Multisport Festival and the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup.”
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Posted by Lea

Anthony Releases New EP
Auspop
4-3-2012

http://auspop.blogsp...ses-new-ep.html

http://i40.tinypic.com/5fqgdj.jpg

Now didn't we tell you that you might be getting your mitts on new music from Anthony Callea a little sooner than you expected? We gave you a little heads-up early last week that the Melbourne-based singer would be releasing new music very soon - and here it is.
Not only is it a brand new single (called 'Last To Go'), but it's a whole new EP - and what's more, it's out now!!

The EP features four previously unreleased songs including the title track, along with his 2011 single 'Oh Oh Oh Oh' and acoustic versions of both singles.
The 'Last To Go' was penned with the boys from DNA before they signed exclusively to Sony and Anthony says of the new track, "With this song I declared, ‘This is gonna be a big night, whatever happens, happens, and I’m gonna be the last to leave.’ I wanted to have fun, but keep it real and honest."
Sweeping ballad 'Tangled' was co-written with Matt Morris, Kadis & Sean from the US, dance/pop thumper 'Last Night' was co-penned by Jaakko Salovaara and Paul Mac lent his songwriting powers of good to 'I Don't Care What You Say'.
The 'Last To Go' EP is out now.

01. Last To Go
02. Oh Oh Oh Oh
03. Tangled
04. Last Night
05. I Don't Care What You Say
06. Last To Go (acoustic version)
07. Oh Oh Oh Oh (acoustic version)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Posted by Lea

Callea Confesses He's the First One to Hit the Town
The Advertiser (Adelaide)
5-3-2012

http://www.adelaiden...3-1226288719273

http://i44.tinypic.com/4sy42t.jpg
Singer Anthony Callea. Picture: Manuela Cifra [/quote]

ANTHONY Callea is the last to go, sort of. His new single - out today on iTunes - is titled Last To Go and is "a bit cheeky".

"It's about going out and being the last one to go and (thinking) I'm going to have a great night here. You're not looking for love, you're looking for a bit of fun," he tells Confidential.

But Anthony has a confession to make.

"You know what, I'm usually the first one to go because I'm a nanna!" he says, laughing.

"It's one of those tracks, I can't say I'm that person entirely because my partner (performer Tim Campbell) might get angry with me!"

On the Last To Go EP is also I Don't Care What You Say (written with Paul Mac and Cindy Ryan) and also features the cheeky first single, Oh Oh Oh Oh.

Anthony embarks on a tour to Melbourne, Sydney then LA, with Adelaide in mind.

"Hopefully when I get back from LA, we can hook up some gigs in Adelaide," he says.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Posted by Lea

Callea's Story
Herald Sun
5-3-2012

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226288835834

MELBOURNE crooner Anthony Callea will release his latest string of songs today on a new EP titled Last to Go.

Callea will perform the songs at the GH Hotel this Friday, before jetting off to Los Angeles for gigs.

"When you put a body of work together, you want to tell a story," Callea said yesterday. "And this EP shows many sides of me."
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Posted by Zia

Anthony Callea Releases New EP
AAP, The West Australian
5-3-2012

http://au.news.yahoo...eleases-new-ep/

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cia0ap.jpg

Anthony Callea has released his new EP, Last To Go.

Callea worked closely with Aussie producers David Musumeci, Michael D'Arcy from DNA on the seven-track EP, as well as Grammy-award-winning DJ Poet from the Black Eyed Peas.

Multi-Aria-award winner Paul Mac, who co-write the track I Don't Care What You Say, says he really enjoyed working with Callea.

"It's new ground for him and a new direction for such a strong voice," Mac said.

"The lyrics on this track separate him from the pack. A beautifully honest celebration," he added.

The title track, Last To Go, was delivered to radio stations across the country on Monday and has gone on sale on iTunes.

Callea says the EP shows many sides of him.

"When you put a body of work together, you want to tell a story," he says.
The former Australian Idol contestant will celebrate the release of Last To Go with a series of live performances, including shows in Los Angeles.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Posted by Lea

Anthony Callea Works With Paul Mac On New EP
Paul Cashmere
5-3-2012

http://www.noise11.c...new-ep-20120305

Paul Mac has co-written one of the songs on Anthony Callea’s new EP ‘Last To Go’.

Mac calls the song ‘I Don’t Care What You Say’ “new ground” for Callea. “I really enjoyed working on ‘I Don’t Care What You Say with Anthony,” Paul Mac said in a statement. “It’s new ground for him and a new direction for such a strong voice. The lyrics on this track separate him from the pack. A beautifully honest celebration.”

Paul Mac co-wrote the song with Anthony and Cindy Ryan.

The ‘Last To Go’ features five songs and seven tracks including acoustic versions of the earlier single ‘Oh Oh Oh Oh’ and the title track.

Anthony worked with producers DNA, David Musumeci and Anthony Egizii (Brian McFadden, Reece Mastin, Timomatic), Michael D’Arcy (Stan Walker, Bardot) and DJ Poet (Black Eyed Peas) for ‘Last To Go’.

‘Last To Go’ was released this week on iTunes.

Anthony has dates coming up in Sydney and Melbourne and then he jets off for two shows in Los Angeles.

Dates are:

March 9, Melbourne, GH Hotel
March 17, Sydney, ARC Nightclub
March 18, Los Angeles, Here Nightclub
March 19, Los Angeles, Eleven Nightclub
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

Posted by Zia

Anthony Callea 'Last To Go' Tour
LiveGuide
5-3-2012

http://www.liveguide...Last_To_Go_Tour

http://i40.tinypic.com/332v047.jpg

Fri 9 Mar GH Hotel VIC
Sat 17 Mar ARQ Nightclub NSW

Anthony Callea 'Last To Go' Tour @ ARQ Nightclub
Saturday 17 Mar 2012

Tour Name: Anthony Callea 'Last To Go' Tour
Artists: Anthony Callea
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Venue: ARQ Nightclub
16 Flinders St
Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW, 2010
Price: TBA

Anthony Callea asserts his position within the Australian pop music landscape with the release of his new EP, Last To Go. The title-track was delivered to radio stations across the country today, and is destined to make fast tracks into dance floors across the country. Anthony set the precedent with the nightclub thumping single Oh Oh Oh Oh and fans will be thrilled with this latest single.

The 7 track EP is the sound of an artist who’s embracing his creative freedom, excited by the endless possibilities. “I don’t care where the night is going,” he declares. “When you put a body of work together,” Anthony says, “you want to tell a story. And this EP shows many sides of me.” From the carefree celebration of Last To Go to the emotional depth of Tangled, the EP is a compelling collection of songs. Last Night is the ultimate party anthem, while the strikingly honest I Don’t Care What You Say (written with Paul Mac and Cindy Ryan) is the sound of defiance and independence.

The EP also features the cheeky first single, Oh Oh Oh Oh. Multi Aria Award winner Paul Mac states “I really enjoyed working on I Don't Care What You Say with Anthony. It's new ground for him and a new direction for such a strong voice. The lyrics on this track separate him from the pack. A beautifully honest celebration.” Showcasing his evolution as a music artist, Anthony has also worked closely with the producers: Aussie hit-makers DNA, David Musumeci and Anthony Egizii (Brian McFadden, Reece Mastin, Timomatic), Michael D’Arcy (Stan Walker, Bardot), and DJ Poet (The Black Eyed Peas). Anthony is celebrating the release of Last To Go with a series of live performances, including shows in Los Angeles, USA!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

Posted by Zia

Song of the Day 5/3/2012
Just Aussie Music
5-3-2012

Anthony Callea – Definitive Pulse
Released: February 2012.
http://www.facebook....ycalleaofficial

http://justaussiemusic.com/#!prettyPhoto[iframe]/5/

http://i41.tinypic.com/ngzw4n.jpg

A few months ago long time Australian Idol alumni Anthony Callea released his return single “Oh Oh Oh Oh” independently, and while receiveing a lot of negative criticism for the outdated dance track and auto-tuned-to-death vocals this didn’t stop the Melbourne singer from resurfacing again for his latest single “Last To Go” taken from his new EP of the same name. Released today, Callea premiered the new single live on Sunrise this morning and celebrated the digital release of the EP. “Last To Go” (the single) is same style as “Oh Oh Oh Oh” but less autotuned and more real and current. “Last To Go” (the EP) is quite a special package containing both singles, two acoustic versions and 3 brand new songs that outshine “Oh Oh Oh Oh” and almost “Last To Go”.

The EP is definitely worth purchasing if a fan of Callea. “I Don’t Care What You Say” and “Tangled” are highlights from the EP as they have that personal factor that Callea was made known for.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

Posted by Lea

Objects of Attraction
TheAge.com
11-3-2012

http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1okIsRiRD

We all have secret crushes, even celebrities. M has matched three stars with the objects of their affection. Can you match the rest? Michael Lallo and Natalie Craig reveal the answers.

Surprises are sexy. Individuality is sexy. So why is it that the lists magazines produce of the ''hottest people'' are so predictable? In a world of bim- and himbos, boobs, blondes and brawn might rule but what about the frisson of the unusual and unexpected, that je ne sais quoi that makes you bite your lower lip?

To better understand the complex rules of attraction, we assembled a focus group of prominent Melburnians, probing them on their secret celebrity crushes - those irresistibly beguiling individuals whose allure runs more than skin deep.

To set the ball rolling, a few suggestions: how about Gary Mehigan from MasterChef, with his cheeky grin and orgasmic desserts? Or Amanda Keller, with her pouty wryness and velvety voice? And hey - Greg Combet, anyone? He may be a grey-suited federal government minister but below the Clark Kent glasses juts the jaw of a comic-book hero.

Maybe that's just us. But then, secret crushes are nothing if not highly personal. And for some, so forbidden, they surprise even the beholder.

''It was only when you asked me this question,'' says comedian Adam Hills, host of ABC's In Gordon Street Tonight, ''that I went, 'Oh my god: it's Denise Drysdale! I have a crush on Ding-Dong.''

Drysdale was a gorgeous go-go dancer in the '60s - even travelling to Vietnam to entertain the troops and being named Girl of the Year by Everybody's magazine - but Hills' first memory of the buxom brunette is from the late '80s, when she was a co-host on Hey Hey It's Saturday.

''I always thought she was great on that show but it's only recently that I've come to appreciate just how funny she is - and how well she can turn on the funny for television,'' Hills says. ''If she lived in the States, she'd be lauded as one of the funniest women, up there with Lily Tomlin and Phyllis Diller.''

After a gentle prod, Hills reveals another reason for his crush: ''She's hot,'' he admits, ''and that can't be underestimated. Denise Drysdale is a hottie.''

One of his first encounters with the TV legend was at the Logies several years ago, just after Spicks and Specks launched. Nervously, he and Spicks team captain Myf Warhurst stepped on to the red carpet, unsure of what to do. Drysdale instantly took them under her wing, flagging down a photographer and walking them through the etiquette of arrivals.

Drysdale went on to appear in several episodes of Spicks, impressing Hills with her professionalism. ''She wouldn't put on her show clothes until just before filming,'' he says. ''And when she did, she wouldn't sit down in them because she didn't want to wreck them.''

Drysdale is grateful and bemused by Hills' vote of approval. ''I've had some labels; that's the best. I didn't think I would be anyone's secret crush! I do love Adam, too.''

Unlike Hills and Drysdale, broadcaster Monty Dimond has never worked with her crush - 3AW morning show host Neil Mitchell. It is probably for the best.

''I think I first saw him on television and thought, 'Oh my god, that is such a hot older man.' I would probably open-mouth kiss him,'' she says.

Dimond, who is a former producer and Nova breakfast host, now on maternity leave with her three-month-old son, says her radio experience is vastly different to Mitchell's.

''I don't know if he's all that into fart jokes,'' she says. ''I don't agree with all his politics. But he is a divine-looking human. I love the grey hair and he looks wise, just kind of like a sexy dad. I know that sentence is strange but there is something there.''

Mitchell questions his selection as an ''alternative'' sex symbol. ''What an absurd or astute young lady!'' he says. ''She must mean Derryn, surely?''

That's Derryn Hinch, of course, Mitchell's 3AW counterpart who presents the drive-time slot. But comedian Dave O'Neil reckons another well-known radio identity should get a guernsey in the ''silver fox'' stakes.

''I have a man-crush on Jon Faine,'' O'Neil says of the ABC breakfast show host. ''My wife says I giggle like a schoolgirl when I'm with him. He's got integrity, you know, I really respect him. He's lost a lot of weight recently and he's driven from Melbourne to London in a car. He's like the modern-day Leyland brothers!''

O'Neil and Faine have worked together in the past but Faine jokes he might think twice about any sort of reunion. ''I'm flattered, I'm touched - but not in that way … and next time I see Dave, I'll take a very wide berth!''

Like many on our ''alternative'' list, Faine says he has never even considered himself in that way. ''This is acutely embarrassing. It's not the way I like to put myself out to the community and present myself. It's all good fun, of course. And if people want to indulge themselves, who am I to spoil their fun?''

Faine admits he has his own ''man-crushes'': Barry Humphries, Shaun Micallef and Geoffrey Rush. ''Those are people who you admire for their creative juices; their smarts, and they've got the runs on the board over years and years.''

Also preferring to nominate a bloke as his ''secret crush'' is Rob Mills, co-host of Channel 10's Young Talent Time, who says former Hawthorn footballer and AFL commentator Daniel Harford is his. ''He should rate among our sexiest,'' Mills says. ''What is sexy? Is it the body or the personality? Harf, I mean, he's not a bad-looking fella but he's also just a man doing what he does best - having a good chat with people. He wasn't the best footballer of his day, he was one of those battlers, and now he does really great interviews.''

In contrast to Mills' love of innocent affability, Yumi Stynes, co-presenter on Channel 10's The Circle, admits she has a predilection for tortured, undervalued geniuses, such as Joel Silbersher, singer and guitarist in the '80s band God, who went on to form two other bands, Hoss and Tendrils, and now works with Tex Perkins.

''He's a bitter man but an inspired genius muso,'' Stynes says. ''You'll see him walking around and he's got no tickets on himself; he's very committed and a gifted guitarist, with a steely personality, and he doesn't suffer fools. I just love that. It is attractive.''

In a similar vein, Melbourne singer-songwriter Paris Wells goes for the dark and interesting type, choosing Camillo Ippoliti, co-owner of Melbourne nightclubs including Toff in Town and Revolver, as her crush.

''I have seen him at his venues sometimes and he's a very brooding, older Italian man, with those heavily lidded eyes, like Al Pacino. He's very successful, too. Anyone that's been so important to Melbourne culture is attractive.''

Fellow singer Anthony Callea nominates Crown's head of PR, Ann Peacock, as one of Melbourne's long-time sexiest. ''She's the epitome of class with a sense of sexy elegance,'' he says. ''I'm sure hers is one of the most difficult jobs and people don't get to see what happens behind the scenes but she always has a sense of grace and ease. She would also be a yummy mummy dropping her kids off at school and I'm 100 per cent sure that she would win the shoe stakes - don't think I haven't noticed those bedazzling Versace heels!''

Andrew O'Keefe, host of Channel Seven's Deal or No Deal, is enamoured with Melbourne singer Megan Washington, among other creative women.

''I like Washington because her songwriting and her singing are fearless and clever,'' he says. ''It's super-attractive. And you know how the best songs always seem like they're speaking directly to you? How you feel like a creepy stalker because you think that you and the singer 'really understand each other'? Yeah, well, as embarrassing as it is, I'm like that with Washington.''

Other women who tick the right boxes for O'Keefe (apart from his wife, he stresses) are writers Arundhati Roy and Fatima Bhutto, and actress Magda Szubanski. ''It's the combination of cleverness and boldness, of the fox and the lion. They may have doubts or vulnerabilities like everyone else but they're smart and valiant enough to face up to them unflinchingly. It helps that they're all quite spunky too, of course.''

Like O'Keefe, TV personality and comedian Meshel Laurie is frank about her crush. ''Everyone knows I have a crush on Father Bob [Maguire],'' she says of the maverick Catholic priest forced to retire recently, even though he's younger than the Pope and still fighting fit.

''If it wasn't for the fact he's celibate, he would have made a great husband and father and grandad,'' Laurie says. ''But he's still all of those things anyway, to his community.''

Like many former Catholics, Laurie is not fond of the church but is attracted to Maguire's inclusive ethos, including his pledge to conduct gay-union ceremonies - if only the Vatican would let him.

''I just love that he's rebellious,'' she says.

''I love how he works right down at the street level, in a good way. He does funerals for dead gangsters, because he knows they have families who need to grieve.

''He never judges, he's just there for everyone.''

Comedian Xavier Toby also has a thing for strong types, though his dream date is not a member of the clergy. ''It's Adalita [Srsen],'' he says, letting forth with an ode to the raven-haired rock musician. ''She plays guitar better than most men, in an industry where it's not that common, and she looks fantastic doing it. She screeches her lungs out, yet her latest album is awesomely melodic.''

Toby first fell for her in the late 1990s, when she was fronting Magic Dirt. ''She was a rock chick covered in tatts before it became in vogue,'' he says. ''You never get the sense she's trying to be something she's not. She just does what she wants to do.''

Having seen her DJing many times at Brunswick's Retreat Hotel, he and his mates have contemplated saying hello but are yet to make the move. Still, he's gone so far as to imagine their first fight.

''She doesn't seem like one of those girls who'd crack it for no reason but she certainly wouldn't take any shit,'' he says. ''You'd come home late one night with a lame excuse, then you'd see a guitar flying at your head and you'd be like, 'OK, I'll go and mow the lawn now, Adalita.''

Dave O'Neil also has a thing for women with power, nominating Australia's Governor-General, Quentin Bryce, as another person whose sex appeal has been underestimated. ''We've got to look up to some of the more foxy older ladies and Quentin's one of them,'' he says. ''Her matching suits and pearls, and the way she manages to change three times a day and still look perfect. Plus, you know, she's Governor-General. There's something quite military-sounding about that. I'd love to see her in uniform.''

O'Neil, who has three children with his partner, even weighs up the full consequences of a relationship with Bryce. ''The only obstacle I can see is that her son-in-law is [federal Labor minister] Bill Shorten,'' he says. ''I would insist that he call me 'father'. Bill's an alpha male and I can imagine him, like, trying to take over Christmas lunch.''

Comedian Tommy Little has actually acted on the object of his crush, actress Sigrid Thornton. ''I presented at an awards night recently and I planned to talk to her,'' he says, explaining that he's adored Thornton ever since her turn as Laura Gibson on SeaChange.

''It was 12 years ago, sure, and I was 15, at an age where I was getting turned on by a wooden door. My mum and I were both glued to it - she wanted William McInnes and I wanted Siggy. But still today I think she's classy, she's super-intelligent and she's a fox.''

Having decided to approach Thornton after more than a decade of longing, however, Little fell apart. ''I was so nervous, I ended up getting very drunk and when I finally walked up I panicked. I turned into a 15-year-old boy and said, 'Oh hi, are you Sigrid?!' in a high-pitched voice and just ran off into the crowd.

''That's my only encounter. So, she's probably waiting on my call.''

Does it deter Little that Thornton is a mother of two who has been married to the same man for 23 years?

''Not really,'' he says. ''I don't have any deal-breakers.''

Which is possibly the best thing about a secret crush: anyone goes when you're talking hypothetically.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Zia

Zia

Ave Maria

• Admin
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Posted by the_voice

Ricki-Lee, Jesinta, Shane and More Celebrate the Australian Grand Prix
Popsugar
15-3-2012

http://www.popsugar....-Party-22200887

Australian celebrities gathered at Shane Warne’s Melbourne lounge bar Club 23 for the Australian Grand Prix opening party last night. Ricki-Lee Coulter showed off her slender physique in a top and feathered skirt combo, and tweeted before the event, “LOOOOOVE the outfit I'm wearing tonight!!!” Inside the party she met up with her fellow Australian Idol alum Anthony Callea, who attended with partner Tim Campbell.

Jesinta Campbell looked all grown up in a one-shouldered black dress and posted a photo of herself with Shane on Twitter. Hollywood star Aaron Eckhart, who is filming the thriller I, Frankenstein in Melbourne, brought some international star power and will also attend the Grand Prix on Sunday.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users