• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

Anthony Callea & Kate DeAraugo
Online Chat & Answer Your Questions
27-11-2006

user posted image

November 27, 2006. Sydney, NSW. Singers Kate DeAraugo and Anthony Callea at Confidential HQ at The Daily Telegraph in Surry Hills, Sydney, for exclusive blog on the outcome of the fourth series of TV show 'Australian Idol'.

Below are the replies from Anthony, posted directly to him.

Posted by Gadgetgirl Northcote
Hiya Anthony MWAH
Totally loving your new awesome album !!! You?re falsetto?s improved outa sight ! It sounds like you?ve been practicing up on the technique ... lol ...
I do have a question ....
Before this album, we on ACOF know that you?ve done some songwriting before. How would you say your writing style?s changed over the past year? Do you feel that you?re settling into your own song writing style?
Love
Jen
xxxxx
Anthony
"Being able to spend a good year writing for this album just allowed the song writing process to come naturally and not be forced. I don?t know what I would classify as my song or writing style, I just do what comes naturally - and hopefully people like it."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:02pm)

Posted by Diissee of Homebush on Sat 25 Nov 06 at 08:31pm
Hi Anthony,
First I just wanted to say, A New Chapter is fantastic. You should be proud of what you have achieved, I know your fans are.I love the emotions the album takes you through, and its one of the best albums I have ever heard and has exceeded our expectations.
I cannot wait to here this album in Concert, which leads into my question..Do you have any idea yet on when you will be touring next year and will your tour take you to all parts of Australia.
We love you Anthony.
Di
Anthony
"Really glad that you love the new album. The plan is to take it out on the road early next year and make this album come alive. For me, getting out there performing live is what it's all about. So, I look forward to being out and about in Australia once again."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:04pm)

Hi Kate and Anthony,
Whats something youve always wanted to do but prior to now have never been able to afford it or havent had the opportunity to do. How has Idol opened those doors for you???
Bernie xx
Kate here.
"I actually wanted to open a swim school and still want to one day. Maybe Idol might help me get some more cash to enable it but I dont think it will happen for a while yet."
Anthony here.
"Win an ARIA. Couldnt have done it without Idol."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:32pm)

Posted by debbie on Sat 25 Nov 06 at 10:34pm
Hi Anthony
When you put all the songs choice together on your new album A New Chapter, do you consider your diversity of ages and tastes fans base?
Debbie
Anthony
"To a certain degree yes, but overall I wanted to do an album that represented me and obviously put the best songs out there. I recorded over 20 songs for this album so it was quite difficult to go through the culling process and end up with 15 - but I know I made the right choice."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:08pm)

Posted by Kelly of Glebe on Sat 25 Nov 06 at 10:07pm
I hope this is the right place to submit a question to Anthony Callea. My question is ?To what extent does it affect you personally when particular sections of the media publish untruths about you? How do you cope with that??
Anthony

"The important thing to do is just to concentrate on what I want to do - which is get out there, sing and perform and not let the other crap pollute your mind."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:07pm)

Posted by mairanya on Sat 25 Nov 06 at 10:06pm
I love the way youve used Faures Pavane in the song A New Chapter. Can you tell us a little about how this beautiful song originated and developed?
Anthony
"Tom Nichols, who I co-wrote this song with, came into the writing session with this beautiful piece of classical music and the idea was to create a song around it. This was a really interesting process because I had never done something like that before - and I am happy that it worked out so well and complements each other. This song was one of the first that we actually wrote for the album."
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:08pm)

Posted by Maria of Wetherill Park NSW on Sat 25 Nov 06 at 10:36pm
Anthony, I know youve been asked this before, but have you any plans in the pipeline to release anything overseas?
Maria
Anthony
"Definitely in the future but at this stage I want to establish myself here with this album before I take the next step. I see this album more like my first than my second because I have co-written 14 of the 15 tracks so I feel more of a connection with it."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:11pm)

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

Posted by TheDebster of Buccan, Qld on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 12:10am
Anthony, what experience have you had since Idol that you loved so much that you would like to repeat. Keep it clean!! Debbie
Anthony
"Winning an ARIA. Id like to experience that again and again!"
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:16pm)

Posted by Lea on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 09:50am
Hi Anthony.
We fans have been very impressed with the new songs, musically they are brilliant,and the lyrics are far,far superior to the ?typical? pop/rock songs.
Do you find it easier to write the music, or is it the lyrics that are your forte?
Lea
Anthony
"There are days when I have mental blocks on lyrics and vice versa on melody/music. Throughout the past year I have lived with a dictaphone by my side 24/7 and always sung lyrics and melody ideas into it. Overall, it?s something you can?t force it just has to come naturally."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:19pm)

Posted by Leanne S on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 09:55am
A Question for Anthony.
The new album shows that youve developed into a very fine songwriter.
If you had the chance to collaborate with any songwriter in the world, would be you choose to write with? And why that particular person?
Leanne S
Anthony
"The one that?s writing the most hits at the moment. I would like to write with Gary Barlow. I was meant to but it fell through because he got back with Take That so he owes me a writing session."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:20pm)

Posted by Taz on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 09:58am
Heya Anth!
My mum thinks you are an absolute ?spunk rat?...what?s it like to be wanted not just by girls your own aged but by women twice as old as you are?!?!
Anthony
"What can I say. I am flattered."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:21pm)

Posted by Kerrie of Manly on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 10:44am
This is a question for Anthony Callea. Firstly, congrats to Anthony on his new album. I?ve already listened to it several times over and am just loving it. Anthony, do you see getting your initial breakthrough via Australian Idol as a blessing or a curse, and why?
Anthony
"Absolutely it was a blessing. It gave me such a platform but it is up to you to take it to the next level. Being there last night just brought back all those memories again."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:22pm)

Posted by Tazzie Devil on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 03:03pm
For Anthony.
Heya Anth! Just wondering how your piano lessons were going? It.d be fantastic to see you accompany yourself on piano for a song or two at your next series of concerts!!
Anthony
"I am trying to brush up on those piano skills myself at the moment. I would love to learn Almost on piano so hopefully I can get that happening sometime soon."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:23pm)

Posted by Jessica of Queensland on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 03:18pm
My question is..What would you like to be remembered for?
Anthony
"A great live performer."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:25pm)

Posted by angela of camberwell on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 03:40pm
Question for Anthony:
Anthony you have one of the best live voices I?ve ever heard, what are your thoughts on releasing a live cd or possibly having some more live performances of songs as a b side on your singles, like you did with Don?t Tell Me?
Also when are we going to hear a xmas album?
Anthony
"I would love to be recording more live tracks. I plan to record some of the shows when I hopefully go on tour next year. It?s so easy to do these days and it?s great to capture that moment."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:27pm)

Posted by Narelle of Paramatta on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 04:33pm
Thanks so much for the opportunity to ask Anthony Callea a question. I?m loving all the songs on the new album, and I notice that quite a few of them are about unrequited love/being jilted. Did the inspiration for these songs come from real life experience?
Anthony
"If they didn?t come from me they definitely came through the experiences of close friends and family and putting my spin on the experiences they have been through."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:28pm)

#3 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

Posted by Jess of Qld on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 04:55pm
Thank You Anthony for delivering us a superb album. Every track on it is bloody brilliant.
Anthony
"I think you?re bloody brilliant! "
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:28pm)

Posted by Meggie of Saskatchewan, Canada on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 06:58pm
For Anthony: Does the demand for you to appear at various functions or locations ever overwhelm you?
Anthony
"Definitely. Being asked to sing for the Queen and for Pavarotti, those situations don?t come your way every day and they are quite surreal in the moment."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:30pm)

Posted by bianca of melton melb on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 09:45pm
Anthony you are an amaxing singer and performer im so proud to be your fan .
But would like to know what would have been doing if you were not a singer .
Many tks Bianca.
Anthony
"Either a photographer or a landscape gardener."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:30pm)

Posted by Lizzy of Mosman on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 11:17pm
Hi Anth,
Will you ever consider doing some smaller more intimate shows, instead of the big venues you have done in the past.
lol
Lizzy
Anthony
"I always thought doing theatre shows were intimate, but they are obviously not intimate enough for you, LOL. As a performer, this may sound a little weird, but big venues are easier to work in as smaller ones can feel more intimidating."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:34pm)

Posted by Carlz of Melbourne on Sun 26 Nov 06 at 11:50pm
I?ve watched all the idol series from 1-4 & you two were the only ones that I thoroughly supported. I love both your voices and the music you make. So this is fantastic that you are doing this together!! For me anyway! I don?t think there has been anyone better than you two in all the idol series!
My question is easy: Are you friends??
Anthony
"Mate, I mainly stay in contact with Ricki Lee and Dan O?Connor, both from series two. But we all definitely run into each other, especially on nights like last night."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:39pm)

Posted by Carlz of Melbourne on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 12:48am
Hi
The first three seasons of Idol were very much about taking the contestants out of their ?comfort zone? by requiring the contestants to sing very different genres each week.
This 4th series, however, seemed to cater to the contestants by allowing a great deal of ?own choice? theme nights.
Do you think this more realistic, in that most recording artists generally *do* tend stick to one genre...or do you think that it was not really a ?fair? series in that regard...that they should have been ?tested? as previous contestants were?
Anthony here.
"I think the changes this year were great for the show. It allowed certain contestants to showcase their own material. It?s always great to be versatile though, and I think the last two standing last night both showed that through the series."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:43pm)

Posted by genuine on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 10:47am
Anthony: What is your biggest fear?
Anthony
"Shower curtains cos they attack you in hotels. And I am afraid of heights."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:44pm)

Posted by Bernie of Bendigo on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 12:15pm
Anthony, recently saw you in Melbourne on your tour with Diana Ross. What was she like to work with?
Bernie xx
Anthony
"To be able to witness her performance twice, she is a true performer and watching someone like that, you can?t learn that stage presence and craft in a few days. It comes over time and she has been doing it for 40 years. They were brilliant concerts - and had the crowd eating out of the palm of her hand. It?s amazing how many worldwide hits one person can have."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:55pm)

Posted by hm of Sydney on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 12:18pm
Hi Anth,
Do you get a bit freaked out at times when you fans seem to know where you are going to be before you do..
btw: did you enjoy your shopping at Burwood Westfields on Saturday..See there are spies everywhere!!!
hm xoxo
Anthony
"I wasn?t at Burwood Westfield on Saturday. I was actually in Brisbane. Thanks for all your questions everyone. Gotta go."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:59pm)

Posted by Addy on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 12:38pm
Hi Anthony & Kate,
Who was your favourite Australian Idol for 2006 and why?
Addy
Anthony here.
"My favourites were Jess and Ricky. I thought they were both extremely talented singers and really knew how to deliver a song - and seemed genuine people as well who appreciated being there, which is really important."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:59pm)

Posted by Steve on Mon 27 Nov 06 at 12:50pm
Hi Anthony,
Is there anything that you have not done yet in Music and would love to do??
love ya
Anthony
"Sing with Christina Aguilera. Love her."
Kate & Anthony
Mon 27 Nov 06 (12:56pm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users