Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Posted by diissee

http://www.thehothits.com/index.php

Anthony Callea is rugging up and trying to keep warm over in the Northern Hemisphere! Anthony is currently on a songwriting trip in Europe, and has been working on material for his second album - get the goss on what he's been up to and his exclusive pics right here...

While we're lapping up the sunshine here, Anthony Callea is battling snow, ice and freezing cold temperatures over in Norway!

Hitting the UK, Europe and Scandinavia to write songs for follow-up album to his #1 self-titled debut, Anthony has told his official forum at www.anthonycallea.com.au that he's really excited with the first song that was written.

After squeezing in some quick sightseeing at hotspots like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square while in London, Anthony headed for Stockholm, where he started songwriting with Quiz & Larossi - the guys behind his hit single 'Rain' - and John Reid (who has written for some of the biggest names in the business, including Tina Arena), getting "some very cool tunes" in the bag.

Following his time in Sweden, Anthony hit Oslo - the coldest place yet on his trip! His jet-setting is now about to take him back to London to do some more writing before he shoots off to Milan, Italy, where he'll be spending his birthday.

Anthony will be back on Australia in a couple of weeks to perform at the Melbourne Christmas Carols at the Myer Music Bowl on December 24 - more details coming soon.

Check out the gallery section on www.anthonycallea.com.au to see some exclusive candid snaps from Anthony has sent us from his trip!

#22 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Posted by blue_babe_cutie
With thanks Take it to the Heart

Just Kidding Magazine
December, 2005

http://img209.images...nterview0eg.jpg

Anthony Callea Interview

JK: At what age did you realise you wanted to become a singer?

A: I was about 5 years old and i asked my parents if i culd have singing lessons. I saw it on TV and thought that would be a fun thing.

JK: Does any of you family have a musical background?

A: Now my family does; like my brother plays drums and my sister plays the guitar. But before that none of my family was musical.

JK: You must be excited about your new single and dvd? What can we expect on the dvd and what is the single all about?

A: Well this is the 4th single of my album; the dvd is me touring im my home town of Melbourne, i was also writing music at the same time. The single is a blaard because i love to sing powerful songs and it's about how love is such an important of your life.

JK: Who has been one of your biggest insprirations in your life?

A: As a kid i loved John Farnham, probably not a lot of kids would like him now but i did and i wanted to be like him.

JK: Did you ever realise that singing was going to be your ultimate career?

A: I sort of started to when i was 15 years old and realised that's what i wanted to do in my life. SO i started gigging and writing music and it went from there.

JK: If there is one person in the world you would like to do a duet with whom would it be and why?

A: Well i would love to do a duet with John Farnham and Christina Aguilera because i think she has just such a powerful voice and Tina Arena because i would love to do a powerful ballad with her.

JK: What do you like to do in your spare time?

A: Sleep and eat.

JK: Is there anything exciting coming up for in the near future?

A: I'm going overseas to the UK and to Milan for 6 weeks and i ahve been asked to perform in a concert with famous Italian singers, there will be 200,000 people watching which will be a great experience and it will be in December.

JK: What's one piece of advice you have learnt through your life that you think would be good does kids to know?

A: To stay true to yourself and to take advice from those who have gone through it all before.

FAVES

Fave song: 'Because of You' by Kelly Clarkson

Fav Food: Chocolate

Fav Movie: 'Speed', but my lastest movie i love is 'Deuse Bigolow'.

Fav Colour: Blue

Fave animal: Fish, because they are quite and are easy to have as pets.

#23 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

Posted by the_voice

Anthony Callea Rugs Up in Europe
8-12-2005

http://www.accessall...upkZpyFhPGktOux

Summer is well and truly underway here in Aus, Anthony Callea is finding out that its snowing throughout Europe where the 'Rain' singer is currently on a writing trip.

Anthony is currently on a songwriting trip in Europe gathering material for his second album which is due out in 2006.

Callea will be going through Norway, Milan, Italy, London and Oslo for the expedition and will be back home in time for Christmas and for his performance at the Melbourne Christmas Carols at the Myer Music Bowl on December 24 .

Anthony is keeping his fans in touch with the trip, posting regularly on his official forum and telling fans of his excitement after writing his first song.

Anthony has already started writing with hit makers Quiz & Larossi, who penned the track for his debut album - 'Rain' having written "some really cool and happen'n tunes", he says.

Anthony also says "I've been writting and am really excited with the first song that we wrote, also been doing a bit of shopping and sightseeing. Yesterday I went to Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Trafalger Square aswell as a few other places! It's such a great place with so much to do!!!"

#24 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Posted by marry_me_anth

Idol's Final Fling
Woman's Day
5-12-2005

http://i35.photobuck...nsdaydec505.jpg

#25 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Posted by fongo

'Hurts So Bad' is on a karaoke cd, called 'Karaoke Kool- Hits of 2005, Volume 4

1. Ricki Lee - Hell No!
2. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
3. Backstreet Boys - Incomplete
4. Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child
5. Daniel Powter - Bad Day
6. Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends
7. 50 Cent - Just A Lil' Bit
8. Mario - Here I Go Again
9. Random - Put Your Hands Up
10. Amerie - 1 Thing
11. Anthony Callea - Hurts So Bad
12. Delta Goodrem - A Little Too Late
13. Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down The Days
14. Jamiroquai - Feels Just Like It Should
15. Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U
16. U2 - City Of Blinding Lights

#26 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

Posted by diissee

A Callea Christmas
Womans Day
19-12-2006

* Not even the prospect of hanging out with new buddy Luciano Pavarotti is enough to make Anthony Callea miss home cooking this Christmas.

Overseas making music, he'll be back home in time fpr the big feast and to perform at Carols by Candlelight at Melbourne Myer Music Bowl (screening on Nine Network on Christmas Eve).

" There are about 50 of us", says Anthony about the traditional family function. "I'm the oldest Grandchild and my 16 cousins never let me forget where I came from. They won't let me get away with anything."

#27 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Posted by the_voice

CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT
24-12-2005
from 8.30pm on WIN Television

http://www.ebroadcas...ght_121205.html

Share the joy and peace of Christmas when WIN Television, in association with Vision Australia, presents Carols by Candlelight live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne on Saturday, December 24 from 8.30pm.

This will be the 26th year the Network has staged Carols by Candlelight with Vision Australia, formerly known as the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind.

At the end of a year marked by world tragedy and human suffering, Carols by Candlelight presents an opportunity to spend time with loved ones and join our fellow Australians in singing traditional anthems of the festive season.

Ray Martin, a dedicated supporter of community events, returns to host this special family night for the 16th time. Along with musical director John Foreman and choral director Douglas Heywood, they will be joined by some of Australia�s greatest stars and upcoming talents to celebrate the spirit of Christmas.

Vision Australia�s Carols by Candlelight continues to delight and surprise viewers every year with memorable performances. This Christmas, for the first time, we introduce Neighbours star and lead singer of the Rogue Traders Natalie Bassingthwaighte, 2005 Australian Idol winner Kate DeAraugo, the cast of The Lion King, Tamsin Carroll and Vision Australia�s patron, the inspirational singer-songwriter Krystel Keller.

Entertainment favourites Marina Prior, Denis Walter, Debra Byrne, and the Melbourne Gospel Choir will continue their support for Vision Australia. ARIA Award-winning artist Anthony Callea will make an encore performance when he sings a duet with another Carols favourite Silvie Paladino.

As a special treat, Daryl Somers will reignite his passion for Carols by Candlelight when he takes the stage.

Also returning this year are Guy Sebastian, David Campbell, David Hobson, the National Boys Choir of Australia, the Australian Girls Choir and the ever-popular children�s singing group, Hi-5.

Margaret Bashfield back in 2005 as executive producer, says: �As always, working on Carols is a great honour and pleasure.

�It�s a special time of year to spend with the family, and at Carols we have a family of people who are united by their desire to embrace this opportunity and put on a wonderful show.�

This year marks the 68th presentation of Carols by Candlelight. All proceeds go to Vision Australia to provide services to children who are blind or vision-impaired.

Carols by Candlelight: Saturday, December 24 at 8.30pm on WIN Television

#28 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Posted by fongo

Anthony's 'The Prayer' is on Bravo!, a compilation CD of pop opera songs, and also featured on this album are Pavarotti, Il Divo and many more. It is avaliable now at your local music stores, and here is the tracklisting:

1. Amici Forever � Senza Catene
2. Anthony Callea � The Prayer
3. Il Divo � My Way (A Mi Manera)
4. Mario Frangoulis � Hijo De La Luna
5. Opera Babes � Lakme H20
6. Peter Brocklehurst � Nessun Dorma
7. Russell Watson � La Fiamma Sacra (Sacred Flame)
8. The Ten Tenors � Por Una Cabeza
9. Hayley Westenra � Across The Universe Of Time
10. Licitra Salvatore � Torna A Surriento
11. Sarah Brightman � Figlio Perduto
12. Yulia � Bailero
13. Katie & Maggie Noonan � Summertime
14. Charlotte Church � Pie Jesu
15. Renee Flemming � O Mio Babbino Caro
16. Summer � Aranjuez Ma Pensee
17. David Hobson � La Boheme: Che Gelida Manina
18. Luciano Pavarotti � Funiculi, Funicala

#29 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

Posted by diissee

DVD OF THE WEEK **** 4/5 ****
Tv Week
10-16 Decemeber Issue, 2005

ANTHONY CALLEA - LIVE IN CONCERT

This DVD is bound to silence many of Anthony's critics.
Filmed at his Palais gig in Melbourne this year, it showcases Anthony's extensive talent - and extensive fanbase - proving once and for all that this young entertainer in no flash in the pan. ****

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

Posted by belinda italy,Sicily

Anthony Callea Interview
By P.Sutton
Buzz Magazine 2005

I�m afraid of heights, so the lower the better,� says ex pop idol Anthony Callea. So it was out with the pad on the 60th floor of the new Eureka tower. Gone too was my image of all white furniture, expansive white leather couch and expensive Bang and Ollufsen sound system in the corner.
Anthony rather liked the idea and seemed to be having a good chuckle.

It was going to be a week of �Morning TV shows,� he had just broached Kerri Ann on Channel Nine and Bert was the next morning. What was the exciting life of a popstar like?

Not as complicated as might seem given his pretty relaxed rider. �It really is just chicken sandwiches (with lettuce, tomato and mayo), pineapple and good chocolate,� he explains.

Anthony Callea is full of surprises. Not the least being that the voice on the other end of the phone seems totally disconnected from the image and songster we see. It is educated, adult, resonant and warm. Not at all �Idol� as I had expected.
So how does he cope with the attention? Liking a good meal at a good restaurant, he would certainly be an attention getter?
�It is something that I do really. I am used to it. You just have to live life as normal as possible.�

In the end it is all image. Take the height. I had read (and assumed) that Anthony C. was a short guy, but in preparing for the interview, perhaps the most common misconception seemed to be Anthony�s height. He is in fact much �taller� than supposed. Apparently it was an �Idol� thing.
�Rove keeps on taking the mickey out of me because I am short, but when we stand next to each other we are exactly the same height!�

One shouldn�t take press releases too seriously either., Anthony�s positively states the fact that he considers he is �no good at doing anything� other than singing and in the course of the conversation I learn that the mystery Callea bachelor pad is a virtual gallery of Anthony�s own paintings.
He is an enthusiastic and capable artist it seems. �I did them myself so I am pretty proud of them.�
So is he a �jack the dripper� or �mogley the organgoutang� type of painter?
�I am very symmetrical. I like even paintings,� he explains.
�It�s acrylics and I do it out on the balcony.�

Favorite colours are browns and blues.

So where does the boy find the time to paint?
�The past couple of months I have been doing a lot of writing. On my afternoons when I am not writing I like to go out onto the balcony and paint away.� Now however it was time to walk away from colour pigeon droppings on canvas and discuss the new release. The last single off the album. Of course he was �very excited� about the new release.

�I went back to doing a big ballad, That�s what I do best really. It went really well on tour.�
So ends the last album But Anthony has been writing consistently and will soon be overseas for 5-6 weeks touring. No time to write (or paint), hopefully some writing in the UK with well known Brit musical writers, then a special show in Milan to some 200,000 people (where his family came from.) Unfortunately he does not speak Italian so he is hoping for plenty of English. �I have never been to Italy so I am really looking forward to going.�

At one stage A.C. had some twenty-five private singing students, does he still teach? No so! Lack of time and the success that Idol gave him has meant there is little time for old tricks.

Has he been offered some musical production? Would we be seeing Anthony Callea onstage for a revival of Rogers and Hammerstein�s �South Pacific� perhaps? Not likely. He was only aware of �West Side Story.� And it was not something that he was keen on. He prefers being a solo performer.�
�I am happy doing what I am doing at the moment and working on my original stuff.�

Will it be the same Anthony Gallea in the next album or something a little different?
�I wouldn�t ever move too far from what I have done. The new release will feature a lot more of my music and lyrics and melodies. I will have so much input into this release. The last release was really very rushed as we had to get ti out there to take advantage of the TV show. It�s more me than ever before.�
Who is Anthony Callea?

�I love my big ballads and gutsy lyrics that are not too complicated and tell a simple story, but are delivered in an emotional way.�

#31 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Posted by rainbow99

Anthony Callea Live in Concert DVd, Review
Pop Republic
December, 2005

'The pint sized proficionado is back, and this time on DVD...the disc was recorded in Melbourne during Ant's recent round of Aussie touring, and if you missed out on seeing him live, then you HAVE to buy this DVD.

His show was really well executed and aside from the power ballads, Anthony really kicks it with the audience and is far less "plastic" than people would have you believe.

An awesome offering from a very talented bloke...check it out before your sister steals it from ya!
4/5 POP points'

#32 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

Posted by diissee

Touchdowns & Tantrums -TV Week Hands Out Its Own Awards.
TV Week
19-25 November, 2005

With the grand final close now, TV week hands out its own Idol awards. -

There are about twelve wards, but the only one I will type up is:

MOST UNDERSERVING TOUCHDOWN -

Winner: Dan England

What was mark Holden thinking? Does he have touchdown quota to fill?

Dan's version of "Desperado" was nowhere near ANTHONY CALLEA's "THE PRAYER".

#33 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Posted by DaNN-i

N W & O K ! Magazine
28-11-2005

NW Magazine

http://i13.photobuck.../split/nw-1.jpg

http://i13.photobuck.../split/nw-2.jpg

OK! Australian Edition

http://i13.photobuck.../split/ok-1.jpg

http://i13.photobuck.../split/ok-2.jpg

#34 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Posted by vintage

Anthony Callea Eyes UK
Herald Sun
14-11-2005

http://www.heraldsun...55E2902,00.html

POP sensation Anthony Callea hit a note with scores of screaming female fans at a live showcase in Melbourne yesterday.

Callea joined dance act Rogue Traders on stage at cable network Foxtel's 10th birthday celebrations at Flemington Racecourse.

The Australian Idol runner-up jets to London and Milan in two weeks to begin work on his second album.

He will spend a month penning tunes with a team of hitmakers, including Gary Barlow, formerly of top British boy band Take That.

Foxtel also threw star-studded parties in Sydney and Brisbane.

#35 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

Posted by io_voglio_antonio

Sanity Magazine
November, 2005

* Image Only

http://i15.photobuck...27Image0001.jpg

#36 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Posted by canballball

Mo Awards Nominations -Nominated Function Cancelled.

http://www.moawards.org.au/home.htm

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

CANCELLATION of the 30th Australian Entertainment �MO� Awards Presentation Ceremony and Dinner

The 30th Year Australian Entertainment �MO� Awards Presentation Ceremony and Dinner, scheduled for the 14th March 2006, has been cancelled due to ticket sales, sponsorship and programme advertising not reaching budget estimates to cover the cost of staging the event.

The winners of 30th year �MO� awards will be posted at 8pm on the �MO� website (www.moawards.org.au) on Tuesday 14th March 2006, the date the awards were to be held. Confirmation will be sent to all winners.
Ingrid Berg OAM, a former Chairperson of the �MO� Awards and recipient of a John Campbell Fellowship �MO� Award, has kindly agreed to sponsor the specially commissioned new 30th Year �MO� Award statuettes, which will go to winners of all thirty-nine categories.

Statuettes designers, Graham Simpson and the late Calvin Winetroube, cleverly integrated the past with the future to create a striking modern sculpture that preserves the most important part of the previous award � �MO� himself. Graham and Calvin have combined crystal and laser technology of today, the shape of Australia�s oldest monument (the Obelisk of Distances) and the previous statuette.

The result is a radiant crystal obelisk, encapsulating a three-dimensional lasered figure of Roy Rene (Mo) and a magnificent new symbol for the Australian Entertainment �MO� Awards.
Ken Laing AM
CEO
31st Year Board of Directors

Its a great pity that funding won't allow the actual awards dinner. But fingers crossed that Anthony still wins one of the awards.

30th Australian Entertainment 'MO' Awards NOMINEES

AUSTRALIAN PERFORMER OF THE YEAR
Anthony Callea

Barry Humphries
Reg Livermore
Keith Urban
Anthony Warlow

ROCK
CONTEMPORARY PERFORMER

John Butler
Anthony Callea
Missy Higgins
Ben Lee
Jade McRae

#37 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Posted by iLOVEanthony

Silver Lining for Runner-up Emily
By Sandra McLean, Entertainment Editor
23-11-2005

THE day after losing Australian Idol, Brisbane's Emily Williams had two words on her mind: Anthony Callea.

Her dream is to emulate the chart-topping success of Callea, who was Australian Idol runner-up last year and has since become a recording phenomenon.

The feisty Inala mum, who lost out to Kate DeAraugo, has no intention of returning to factory work in Brisbane, and plans to move to Sydney to pursue a recording career.

"I would love to go home to Inala for a few days, maybe two, just to lie on the couch and have a rest," Williams, 21, said.

"But then I want to get straight back into it and write my butt off. I've seen what the runners-up from other years have done and I want to continue that legacy."

Williams said she had had talks with Sony BMG, which had already signed DeAraugo, although she refused to give details. But a signing was imminent. Sony BMG chief executive Dennis Handlin said Williams's fans would have to wait to hear news of her future.

"All I can say is watch this space," Mr Handlin said.

"There will be some decisions made in the near future."

Williams said she woke up in an "awesome" mood yesterday and sounded too happy for a loser. "In a word I feel overjoyed right now," she said.

"Everyone has been trying to find this one little bit of disappointment, but there is none, I'm serious.

"I was stoked to get into the top 13. I come from a humble background, and to have this happen to me is amazing."

The Australian Idol rollercoaster continued yesterday for winner DeAraugo, 20, who by the afternoon had still not been able to talk to her family because she was busy doing interviews.

It will be weeks before she can return to Bendigo, because she goes straight into the studio to record her debut album, to be released on December 11. Her single, Maybe Tonight, will be released on Sunday and is already available online.

DeAraugo, who has lived on the Gold Coast for the past two years, dedicated her win to her vocal coach of six years, Venetta Fields. The swim school teacher, who lost 30kg to impress the Idol judges who had rejected her twice before this year's audition, said she felt privileged to win the title.

"It just blows me away to think that Australian people actually physically picked up the phone and voted for me," she said.

DeAraugo and Williams were keen to clear up suggestions they were "duelling divas", saying they were friends.

#38 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Posted by .:mrs melissa callea:.

So Fresh: Hits of Summer CD
26-11-2005

Track Listing: Disk 1

1. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
2. The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
3. Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
4. Kelly Clarkson - Because Of You
5. Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day (Album Version)
6. Nickelback - Photograph (Album Version)
7. The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie (Album Version)
8. Rihanna - Pon De Replay
9. Rogue Traders - Way To Go!
10. Pete Murray - Better Days
11. Ashlee Simpson - Boyfriend
12. Ben Lee - Into The Dark
13. Alex Lloyd - Never Meant To Fail
14. Akon Belly - Dancer (Bananza)
15. Amerie - Touch
16. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It
17. Spiderbait - On My Way
18. Backstreet Boys - Just Want You To Know
19. Frankie J - Obsession (No Es Amor) (Without Rap)

Disk 2

1. Shannon Noll - Shine
2. U2 - City Of Blinding Lights
3. Bloodhoung Gang - Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
4. Anthony Callea- Per Sempre (For Always)
5. Joel Turner & The Modern Day Poets - Respect
6. Delta Goodrem - Be Strong
7. Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver
8. 2 Pac Featuring Elton John - Ghetto Gospel
9. Charlotte Church - Crazy Chick
10. Bow Wow Featuring Omarion - Let Me Hold You
11. Australian Idol Final 13 - Ready
12. Bodyrockers - Round & Round
13. Will Smith - Switch
14. Nitty - Nasty Girl
15. Usher - Caught Up
16. Mario - How Could You?
17. Britney Spears - Do Somethin'
18. David Campbell - End Of The World
19. Random - Are You Ready?
20. Good Charlotte - I Just Wanna Live

#39 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Posted by fleur
With thanks melancholyrose and canballball

Front Page Head Line
ANTHONY CALLEA, BIG PAV ANSWERS HIS PRAYER
Mx Melbourne
November, 2005

Headline on page 3
PAVAROTTI'S PAL, CALLEA HANGS WITH IDOL

http://i3.photobucke...lball/mx003.jpg

Reality TV Crooner Anthony Callea could soon share a recording studio with Luciano Pavarotti after wowing the legendary tenor during his recent Australian vist.

The Australian Idol runner up won over his latest fan when he performed his chart topping hit The Prayer at a function following Pavarotti's Perth Concert last month.

The Opera star offered to show Callea around his native Italy and is reportedly keen to record a duet with him.

I absolutely appreciate what he ( Pavarotti) does, but I don't think this will really sink in for a few days. Callea is quoted as saying on his web site. My Grandfather is a huge fan of Pavarotti and I grew up knowing who he is and listening to his music.

He was really nice and asked me how old I was and if I'd mind him introducing me to Italy.

It's been a great experience for me and now I'm looking forward to my trip to Europe where I plan on writing some new songs.

Callea jetted to Europe on Tuesday fresh from his Idol Grandfinale performance at the Sydney Opera House on Monday night

While overseas he will work with some of the worlds best songwriters to follow up his self titled debut Album

Writers include Take That boy band member Gary Barlow and John Reid- Elton John's former manager."

#40 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

Posted by diissee

Chatter Favours Emily
Sydney Confidential
21-11-2005

http://img.photobuck...articles001.jpg

THEY'RE a year apart and both reside in Queensland, but Australian Idol's duelling divas Emily Williams and Kate DeAraugo have about as much in common as Casey Donovan and Anthony Callea.

Which is exactly why tonight's Idol finale at the Opera House is going to be the toughest contest to call yet.

Despite never having a singing lesson, Williams is widely thought to be the stronger vocal contender.

However Idol insiders feel the young mum's tendency to break into emotional outbursts may hinder her appeal with the voting public, who may feel she doesn't have the right personality to pull off the demanding gig.

Bubbly all-round Aussie chick DeAraugo, whose voice is the product of six years of singing lessons, has won the hearts of suburban Australia with her positive attitude and determination.

But the sisters will be doin' it for themselves tonight when hyped crowds of 6000 will gather to watch the live show and verdict at the Opera House forecourt, following an outdoor concert starring Idol types Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll, Casey Donovan and Anthony Callea.

Another 2000 Idol-mad - including Grinspoon, Human Nature, and celebs Kate Fischer and Toni Pearen - will assemble inside the concert hall to witness only one diva walk away with the lucrative Idol crown.

Kate DeAraugo
Lives: Gold Coast. Grew up in Bendigo, Victoria
Relationship: Single
Favourite song: Don McLean's American Pie
Criticised For: Her "tuck-shop" arms and not letting go on stage
Biggest Inspiration: Her grandfather, Vin DeAraugo, who was a well-known tenor.

Emily Williams
Lives: Inala, southwest Brisbane. Grew up in New Zealand
Relationship: Boyfriend, Richie
Children: Asia, 2
Favourite song: Bob Marley's One Love
Criticised For: Being overly emotional
Inspiration: God and her sister, Lavinia.

Cosima De Vito - Emily
"There's an excitement in the way she sings those big notes. We need a big female diva."

Shannon Noll - Emily
"She's had three touchdowns - that's the first thing I could think of."

Casey Donovan - Kate
"She's probably grown the most out of this whole contest."

Guy Sebastian - Emily
"She's dominated the whole way through. I think she's got a better package overall."

Paulini - Emily
"They're both awesome singers but I think she's more marketable."

Anthony Callea - Kate
"I just can't get enough of her voice. Love hearing her sing."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users